This NM Remained Claimed Even After Dcing!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » This NM remained claimed even after dcing!
This NM remained claimed even after dcing!
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-13 20:53:32
Link | Citer | R

So yesterday I went to help a friend kill Shikigami Weapon. He claimed it and asked if anyone could come help him kill to speed it up since he was soloing. Before I could get there, he tells me on vent "I'm disconnecting..." I'm spamming enter on Dia whilst he red dots ready to at least try and outclaim the competition he somehow claimed against (at least a dozen with three or four provokers.)

When he disappears, Shikigami stood still, 'passive', but didn't go yellow. It remained purple. I assumed the other party reclaimed. But then the strangest thing happened. He went invisible again, and ran off. When he was found a few squares away, the other group cast magic to pull it and kill it. It popped, ran to them and started hitting them but it was purple, so I couldn't try to claim. Only, none of them engaged. Then they start saying in say, "What the ***? It's still claimed?" Nobody there could engage.

When my friend logs back in, I invite him to party and when he accepts, Shikigami turned red! Incredible! If that's not a glitch I don't know what is. The strangest part is he seemingly had no hate, because casting Cure IV on himself didn't pull Shikigami back onto him. We went on to kill it and he got the drop. Glitches ftw!

Has anyone else had anything equally awesome and weird happen lately?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-13 20:54:29
Link | Citer | R

first.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-13 20:57:45
Link | Citer | R

Reported.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-13 20:58:46
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Reported.

Good job I didn't give any names! =D
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-13 20:59:01
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Reported.

Good job I didn't give any names! =D

:(
 Asura.Miori
Serveur: Asura
user: Miori
By Asura.Miori 2010-04-13 21:11:09
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aeyela said:

That's a good one... but that still doesn't beat our boss in a boss tier3 einherjar... (the other group that entered just before us on a tier1 didn't get their boss).

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-13 21:24:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Miori said:
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:

That's a good one... but that still doesn't beat our boss in a boss tier3 einherjar... (the other group that entered just before us on a tier1 didn't get their boss).

That is hilarious.
 Asura.Despayn
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-13 21:25:48
Link | Citer | R

That doesn't sound like a glitch, sounds like that's how it should be working for NMs personally.

If someone claims something and then unfortunately d/c's, a small window of time would be nice for them to get back online with the mob still claimed to them.

In a perfect world, etc. That's an awesome glitch =(
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-13 21:31:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Despayn said:
That doesn't sound like a glitch, sounds like that's how it should be working for NMs personally.

If someone claims something and then unfortunately d/c's, a small window of time would be nice for them to get back online with the mob still claimed to them.

In a perfect world, etc. That's an awesome glitch =(

In a perfect world you're dead.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-04-13 21:35:27
Link | Citer | R

no that would be stupid. no offense. then any end game bot can claim. force dc, reconnect claim, force dc, ect. until thier shell got there. would just make things messy
 Asura.Despayn
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-13 21:35:33
Link | Citer | R

I don't even know how to respond to that, honestly.

@Phen; yeah. I was just thinking a loud.
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2010-04-13 21:35:43
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
So yesterday I went to help a friend kill Shikigami Weapon. He claimed it and asked if anyone could come help him kill to speed it up since he was soloing. Before I could get there, he tells me on vent "I'm disconnecting..." I'm spamming enter on Dia whilst he red dots ready to at least try and outclaim the competition he somehow claimed against (at least a dozen with three or four provokers.) When he disappears, Shikigami stood still, 'passive', but didn't go yellow. It remained purple. I assumed the other party reclaimed. But then the strangest thing happened. He went invisible again, and ran off. When he was found a few squares away, the other group cast magic to pull it and kill it. It popped, ran to them and started hitting them but it was purple, so I couldn't try to claim. Only, none of them engaged. Then they start saying in say, "What the ***? It's still claimed?" Nobody there could engage. When my friend logs back in, I invite him to party and when he accepts, Shikigami turned red! Incredible! If that's not a glitch I don't know what is. The strangest part is he seemingly had no hate, because casting Cure IV on himself didn't pull Shikigami back onto him. We went on to kill it and he got the drop. Glitches ftw! Has anyone else had anything equally awesome and weird happen lately?

This happened to me before when fighting shiki. If you die/ or d/c skiki turns invisible like how he spawns, if he has no dots on him then he regens to 100% as he walks away. Your freind had a DoT on him, keeping his hp from regening. When your freind magic agro'ed shiki again, the computer sees that his past dot as an agressive action making him spawn claimed to you.

Shiki is a unique NM, so with his difference leads to unfimilar game mechanics to your day-to-day players.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-13 21:38:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Despayn said:
I don't even know how to respond to that, honestly.

Just thinking a loud.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-04-13 21:39:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Despayn said:

yeah would be nice. since i have dc'd while soloing and lost claim when i came back but ohwell.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-13 21:41:29
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darkovercast said:
This happened to me before when fighting shiki. If you die/ or d/c skiki turns invisible like how he spawns, if he has no dots on him then he regens to 100% as he walks away. Your freind had a DoT on him, keeping his hp from regening. When your freind magic agro'ed shiki again, the computer sees that his past dot as an agressive action making him spawn claimed to you.

Shiki is a unique NM, so with his difference leads to unfimilar game mechanics to your day-to-day players.

He was on PLD/DNC so there were no DoTs on it. Also, it didn't respawn claimed. It was still purple until I invited him back to the party after the other group had already magic aggroed.

I can understand your thinking though, I know a few NMs have some very *** AI. But in this case, it doesn't fit really. It should have gone yellow, the only individual in the entire game with any form of hate on that monster left the game. Weird glitch but he got a Yinyang out of it so not a bad one I suppose.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-04-13 21:41:31
Link | Citer | R

i had my dog jump in my lap while kiting Despot around for DOT/KITE solo as RDM which ended up killing me.

RR wore sometime during my kite and i didnt noticed it /headdesk

i HP'd got a LS member to tele me rq and caught him as he was just making it back to the palace entrance STILL RED.

he immediately aggrod to me as a ran by, no claiming whatsoever and i continued with the dot/kite, course he was 100% again but o well.

I thought it was kinda cool.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-13 21:45:43
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
i had my dog jump in my lap while kiting Despot around for DOT/KITE solo as RDM which ended up killing me.

RR wore sometime during my kite and i didnt noticed it /headdesk

i HP'd got a LS member to tele me rq and caught him as he was just making it back to the palace entrance STILL RED.

he immediately aggrod to me as a ran by, no claiming whatsoever and i continued with the dot/kite, course he was 100% again but o well.

I thought it was kinda cool.

I had that happen once, but I put it down to the fact Despot is like fished up monsters when you have sneak; the moment you're within detection range they reaggro you and immediately go claimed. Despot did have a pretty large sight aggro range back before they made him a force spawn, so I just assumed that's what it was. As far as I know it's impossible for a monster to regenerate if it's got any form of aggro (therefore red.) Shikigami Weapon for us did not regen at all, even with no DoTs or hate.

Glitches ftw!

Oh. and lmfao @ The einherjar bosses. That's unbelievable. I love how you still gave the Hydra a real good go though lmao.
 Hades.Cheyne
Serveur: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2010-04-13 22:02:17
Link | Citer | R

Your dog mpk'd you!

GM him.
 Shiva.Gylfie
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-04-13 22:21:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Miori said:
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:

That is so many kinds of win...