Forum » FFXI » General » ACP final fight idea
ACP final fight idea
 Fairy.Tibirian
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Tibirian
By Fairy.Tibirian 2010-04-09 00:12:18
Link | Citer | R

So I have been having problems as have a lot of peeps with the acp final fight. Tried Zergs and ranged fights with no success yet. So my roommate came up with an idea to have a group of four DD's one healer and a smn. The smn would pop alexnder giving the melees at least 90 seconds to zerg taking little to no damage. I wanted to know what you guys think about trying this out and it's possibility to succeed. ALso i have mnk 75 and nothing else which makes me basically a leech in non zerg parties and i don't have much good gear for mnk zerging. Any advice?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-09 00:19:12
Link | Citer | R

I'd try MNK MNK DRG (Angon) RDM RDM BRD. Give MNKs Minuet x2, go in and Hundred Fists at start and have the DRG pop Angon. Have one of the RDMs Chainspell Stun it and the other one on healing duty. If it's not dead by the time Chainspell is up, have the other RDM pop Chainspell and Stun until it's dead. Seems like it would work pretty well. Don't forget to DoT it in case you wipe, can zombie up and DoT it down since it should get really low if not dead with this strategy.
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-04-09 00:19:38
Link | Citer | R

Your dd's would have to do massive amounts of damage in that 90 seconds. It's possible, I'm sure, but that crystal has a gazillion hp's, so they'd have to be really on top of things. You might also want to take a rdm/drk in so if the fight wasn't over by the time Alex left, the rdm could CSS and buy the DD's a little more time.

My group also lost zerging twice, but handled it with the ranged method. As a mnk, you'd probably be fine for taking out clones and would never have to touch the crystal in the ranged method, but for the zerging method every DD would have to be there doing every bit of damage they could. Everyone I've talked to has had more luck with the ranged method, but of course that was before the new summons. What could it hurt to try?