Does "Enhances Effect Of "Drain" And "Aspir" Stack?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Does "Enhances effect of "Drain" and "Aspir" stack?
Does "Enhances effect of "Drain" and "Aspir" stack?
 Asura.Chefm
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2010-04-07 17:21:02
Link | Citer | R

Does Enhances effect of "Drain" and "Aspir" stack ? Say you had Diabolos's Pole + Hirudinea Earring + Vampiric Boots/ Mittens Set + Dark Obi . Would they all stack???
 Bahamut.Zorander
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-07 17:26:14
Link | Citer | R

I have no idea but I would imagine it would be hard to find a person with all those items to test it out..
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-04-07 17:27:32
Link | Citer | R

Dark Obi is easy to get.

However, even if it does stack, it wouldn't be a big enough effect to be justified in getting all that ***.

100 MP Aspir without, vs 110 MP Aspir with. Not worth it.
 Sylph.Kozuki
Serveur: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-07 17:38:00
Link | Citer | R

Clearly, a 10 MP upgrade is not worth getting! We should never upgrade our gear.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-07 17:40:31
Link | Citer | R

I was speaking more on the Vampiric Boots/Feet than Obi..I still don't think i've seen them yet.
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-07 17:41:29
Link | Citer | R

Earring + obi stack.
 Asura.Chefm
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2010-04-07 17:42:52
Link | Citer | R

But say you have all that gear ?? ok does it all stack ?
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-07 17:44:22
Link | Citer | R

I don't know, it probably does though.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-07 17:44:43
Link | Citer | R

I would think so yes..I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't stack. (this is based on Zor's knowledge of the game so please take this with very seriously!!)
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-07 17:48:10
Link | Citer | R

Everything but the Vampiric Mitt's are easy to get. The Vampiric Set is reported as a 30% Increase (which is massive) but then again, Jimmy Hoffa was Reported to be in Santa Monica recently.

There's nothing really better for a waist slot than Anrin Obi (unless you're wet with ecstasy over 2 dark magic skill or some INT) nor is there anything really better than the earring from Lamprey Lord. So there is no harm in having all of it assuming you have the inventory space.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-07 17:48:50
Link | Citer | R

Would be hard to prove/test without a huge sample set given the randomness of the stuff.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-08 03:24:11
Link | Citer | R

On DRK my drains are very consistant. If I don't get a resist it rarely varies much.
 Asura.Chexmix
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2010-04-08 05:29:52
Link | Citer | R

I think plutos is actually better then pole but could be wrong.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2010-04-08 06:58:18
Link | Citer | R

There are better things in the waist slot if you're currently not under conditions where which the dark obi is active, notably haste.

You can equip haste gear without sacrificing skill gear, and get drain/aspir down to 30 second recast on Red Mage (more since self haste) and 39 seconds on black mage.

If it's not skill, then it should be haste then perhaps int, (but killing your HP/MP pool depending on gear might not be best if you're draining or aspiring to cap off)

INT has little effect other then magic accuracy

Edited spelling :o
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-08 07:00:30
Link | Citer | R

Drain and Aspir has never been fully understood, so working out if the earring, mitt/boots and pole stack would be a nightmare.

It is generally considered true that Pole > Plutos if m.acc isn't a problem, but not many people are willing to carry round another staff on BLM just for a situational and minor improvement.

But if the boost on the earring is similar to the pole then that would be worth it, you only drop 3 skill or 2 INT to wear it, which is nothing compared to the m.acc on a plutos.

Saying that these items are worthless is just plan stupid, as Drain is an incredible useful spell when used aggressively. You can drain anywhere between 100-300 HP of a exp/limbus/einherjar mob which is massive amount of damage for such a small amount of MP. And it heals you, saving you or a healer MP over time.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-04-08 07:20:49
Link | Citer | R

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=5523#264101

Some testing for Aspir I did a while back. It's nowhere near conclusive, but I believe it gives reasonable proof that INT isn't a factor for damage whatsoever, or at least not at low levels.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-08 15:58:03
Link | Citer | R

Really I find overall that generally pluto will overall do the same or more. Cause frankly pretty much aspir/drain always have acc issues