BRD|RDM Ideas Of New Abilities/spells 76-99

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » BRD|RDM Ideas of new abilities/spells 76-99
BRD|RDM Ideas of new abilities/spells 76-99
By Trebold 2010-03-25 07:51:40
Link | Citer | R

I've seen lots of forums talk about all the benefits of the new subjob powers we'll get, but few forums on what new spells may be available to us. Here's my guess at some stuff for a few jobs...

Bard:

Continues on with the trend of Ballad every 20 levels and they either give Ballad III at 75 or 80. If they give it at 75, expect to get Ballad IV at 95. With RDM possibly getting Refresh II, this isn't so unbelievable.

Songs: Paeon VI @85; Requiem VII/VIII/IX @77/87/97; Minuet V @83; Madrigal III @91; March III @89; ~1min Lullaby 76-99; Regain Song 76-99.

Ability: AoE Song - Turns next song into AoE. Grants AoE Etudes, AoE Finale, AoE Single Target Lullaby. Reuse time on this would be anywhere from 1-3 minutes.

Red Mage:

Refresh II - To trump its loss of Refresh to subjobs. These will act like Regen and Regen II, with Regen II having a shorter duration but more potent effect(with composure will still be substantial to RDM).

Regain spell - Either available to WHM, SCH, or RDM, maybe all three. /sch will be nice with this for AoE regain, since the spell will likely take a long time to cast, have a long recast, or be expensive(mp-wise). Further enforces the idea of RDM as a battle mage since with Composure, they'll be more likely to be on the frontlines.

Cure V - I expect RDM to get a Cure V equivalent as far as healing goes, but I feel like they'll change the enmity benefits of Cure V when casting as RDM or SCH.

Tier IV nukes - Logical progression of RDM.

Others - Regen II, Protect/Shell V, Clear Mind IV, MAB/MDB III, Fast Cast IV.

Toss up some ideas you think that may come out too for these jobs.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-03-25 08:24:07
Link | Citer | R

Hastega for RDM, Yes, Please.

Since we got tier 2 en spells, I wouldn't be suprised if we got tier 2 bar spells (not the AoE ones of course)

Erm, the only thing I can even come up with off the wall, would be a 10 minute ability giving you one spell cast with using 0 MP.. Since WHM has divine seal, and BLM has elemental seal..

Maybe an ability that enhances enhancing magic on other players, a 5 minute ability that will make stuff like sneak/invis or even refresh last longer.
By Trebold 2010-03-25 08:34:06
Link | Citer | R

Hastega will be available as /sch with accession at level 80, but I didn't even think about them Tier II barspells. Would probably end up bumping up an additional 50 resist for each one since it's almost 100 resist at 75 on the current ones.

I'm curious to see what we'll get in the name of enfeebles. Tier III Sleep would be sexy. ;)
 Siren.Talonn
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-25 08:34:21
Link | Citer | R

RDM was announced to have Enfeebling spells added, not enhancing, but it doesn't mean its out of the question.
 Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rumaha
By Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha 2010-03-25 08:37:37
Link | Citer | R

RDM won't get Shell/Protect V because there are no signs of Tier VI, and V is merited.

No way in hell they are giving us a Regain song OR spell >.>;

I do believe we will stay along the progression path of X levels to next tier for all songs, Ballad 1 and 2 is a 30 level gap, not 20, so Ballad III at 85 is it.

If they do more Lullaby they have to do 1 more of each, like BLM has, otherwise maybe just 1 more single target.

Bard should get ele seal for songs only so we don't have to /blm :( OR /blm so we have 2 of them.
 Phoenix.Shibahime
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anniel
By Phoenix.Shibahime 2010-03-25 08:38:31
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm, either they fix Pianissimo, so whenever you use it on anyone, and after you do an aoe song like minuet or march, the song sang with Pianissimo wont be overwritten.

Or! A new ability, sort of like pianissimo, same recasts, that allows us as brds to keep a third song on ourselves that wont be overwitten by the 2 other songs we wont use the ability on.
 Bismarck.Ankiseth
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Darkfire
By Bismarck.Ankiseth 2010-03-25 08:44:37
Link | Citer | R

76-99 is a large gap, I EXPECT the next tier of almost everything we have atm.

Theoretically, if Ballad1 is 1mp/tick, Ballad2 is 2mp/tick, for a combined 3mp/tick, equivalent to Refresh...

Then if Ballad3 were to give 3mp/tick and Refresh2 to give 5mp/tick, having Ballad2+3 up still fits.

What I dont understand is how group2 merit spells like pro/shell5 will work when rdm gets them, and whm gets tier6. I'm sure it'll be some tweak, but there's no reason between that much of a gap we shouldn't get those.

EDIT: I also agree, BRD should get one, if not both of the AoE-Next-Song (for etudes) or a type of "Musical Seal"
By Trebold 2010-03-25 08:51:37
Link | Citer | R

I'm thinking RDM+WHM will both get the single target Pro/Shell V, but only WHM will have the -ra version through merits, and only the -ra version of it will have the benefits of those merits(like having the additional MDT effects of a 2/5+ Shellra V).

The reason I think we're getting regain is because of that new campaign piece. I have a feeling they're playing with this new gear to see how much it effects the game, if it doesn't break anything, they'll add it. They added Odin insta-death because I think they plan on adding a death spell for BLM(which will likely never land and have ridiculous mp cost, casting time, and recast).
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-03-25 09:03:03
Link | Citer | R

Trebold said:

The reason I think we're getting regain is because of that new campaign piece. I have a feeling they're playing with this new gear to see how much it effects the game, if it doesn't break anything, they'll add it. They added Odin insta-death because I think they plan on adding a death spell for BLM(which will likely never land and have ridiculous mp cost, casting time, and recast).

I doubt BLM will get death.. Even if the proc rate sucked all hell.. Just imagine all the things you could solo, would just be too ridiculous. Vrtra Insta-death (Do you need it?)
 Midgardsormr.Ouch
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Ouch
By Midgardsormr.Ouch 2010-03-25 09:38:04
Link | Citer | R

I imagine many enemies would be given immunity to death, so I sincerely doubt one-shotting HNMs with a single spell is a concern.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-03-25 09:40:30
Link | Citer | R

It was just an example <_<
 Bismarck.Ankiseth
By Bismarck.Ankiseth 2010-03-25 09:46:10
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Ouch said:
I imagine many enemies would be given immunity to death, so I sincerely doubt one-shotting HNMs with a single spell is a concern.

Indubitably, especially given the rate at which NM's are being added that are resistant to things like grav/bind/sleep right off the bat.

However, if they dont add spells past the tiers of the merited spells, such as pro/shell5 and am2's, I can see SE making it up by adding a set of individual spells. Meteor fits the profile for such an occasion, Death would be a fun toy I'm sure for blms.

Not necessarily for blms, but another spell I'd be interested in seeing is Reflect. What now, COLIBRI?!
By Trebold 2010-03-25 09:46:17
Link | Citer | R

Well, because of Odin, an instant-death spell is now in the game. They likely added in some new monster variables/parameters just to accommodate this.

Why just have these variables for one thing in the game(Odin's Zantestuken) when you can make a couple of shiny spells to make use of those variables too?
 Kujata.Segaia
Serveur: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-03-25 09:47:10
Link | Citer | R

Hastega and Haste II (if it will exist) should belong to WHMs, not RDMs. Refresh II would rly be awesome and is kinda neccessary once you can AoE the tier 1 with Accession (we still dont know if haste and refresh will be compatible with Accession at all - dont get your hopes up high.. it's SE).

Regain should go to DNC or BRD - DNC because it is dependand on TP the most and BRD perhaps as nice downtimebuff (depending on the potency of the regainsong), RDM has already refresh at hand and doesnt need another unique. RDM will also get Gravityga btw (shown in one of the pics from vanafest afaik).
 Bismarck.Ankiseth
By Bismarck.Ankiseth 2010-03-25 09:52:39
Link | Citer | R

You're right. We're wrong to assume we'll get anything except what they showed us, and even then its ballsy.

But logically, there are some things we should be able to predict... The first, of course, being whatever we decide here is dead wrong and SE will more than likely go in the complete opposite direction than our own line of thinking.
By Trebold 2010-03-25 09:57:10
Link | Citer | R

I can see WHM or SCH possibly getting Reflect spell. Big chunk of MP, recast comparable to Reprisal, and only affects the next spell cast on you, though. I don't see them making it where AoE spells will reflect either.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-03-25 10:05:28
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ankiseth said:
You're right. We're wrong to assume we'll get anything except what they showed us, and even then its ballsy.

But logically, there are some things we should be able to predict... The first, of course, being whatever we decide here is dead wrong and SE will more than likely go in the complete opposite direction than our own line of thinking.

BLM gets Cure V? <_<
 Fenrir.Wynnia
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Wynnia
By Fenrir.Wynnia 2010-03-25 10:07:30
Link | Citer | R

I would be very pleased with regain on Dancer. Another idea might be to have a Store TP Samba. I'd also like to see Dancer get some more Steps. Def, Eva, and MEva down are nice, but more would be nicer. Maybe an Acc down Step, or a step that lowers a mob's crit resistance.
 Alexander.Tenshisan
Serveur: Alexander
user: Tenshisan
By Alexander.Tenshisan 2010-03-25 10:22:46
Link | Citer | R

Some spells in the current dats which might come to be. I can't say who will get what, but figured it'd at least give people something to talk about. Note to no reference of Refresh II, Ballad III, or Haste II, though it would be easy to add them. Also I know some NMs do these now, but that doesn't mean they won't be extended to the jobs.

White:
Wall
Reflect
Might
Faith
Toad
Hastega
Tier II bar spells (all)
Sneak/Invis (aoe)
Dia V
Cure VI
Curaga V
Pro/Shell V (single target)

Black:
Tier V Nukes
Comet
Meteor
Death (Could happen, they made Odin)
Poison/Bio V
Aspir II
Virus
Tractor II

Songs:
Requiem VIII
Hoard Lullaby II
Paeon VII
Minne/Minuet V
Carols II (all)
Massacre Elegy

Something worth mentioning: Utsusemi: San
 Bismarck.Ankiseth
By Bismarck.Ankiseth 2010-03-25 10:30:01
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Bismarck.Ankiseth said:

BLM gets Cure V? <_<

No, BLM gets A+ H2H skill, duh!
 Kujata.Segaia
Serveur: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-03-25 11:03:47
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ankiseth said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Bismarck.Ankiseth said:

BLM gets Cure V? <_<

No, BLM gets A H2H skill, duh!

"We want BLM to be more in the frontlines of battle" XD
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-25 11:06:40
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Talonn said:
RDM was announced to have Enfeebling spells added, not enhancing, but it doesn't mean its out of the question.
They did announce something along more potent refresh though...
By Trebold 2010-03-25 11:18:20
Link | Citer | R

Lotsa food for thought, Tenshisan. :D

Wonder what they'd do with Might/Faith. Also, Tractor II? O.o
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-25 11:24:20
Link | Citer | R

New BRD spell..