Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Crashing
FFXI Crashing
 Asura.Foxxy
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Foxxy
By Asura.Foxxy 2010-03-23 18:47:23
Link | Citer | R

The last update broke the FFXI UI Mod and changed all the font and stuff back to the orginal ffxi one so i went to redo it and now everytime i go to log on my ffxi crashes at where it switches to POL > FFXI.
I did a file check it didn't help, I did a system restore it didn't help, I try'd to do the UI Mod to the ffxi defelts and didnt help.
So idk what to do now. Please help.
 Leviathan.Tonks
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Tonks
By Leviathan.Tonks 2010-03-23 19:00:07
Link | Citer | R

I am having the same problem too. It goes from POL to just a black screen loading my windower plugins. I tried setting the UI mod to default and it always fails. :/ I want to play darn it!
 Asura.Foxxy
By Asura.Foxxy 2010-03-23 19:01:52
Link | Citer | R

Yep yep mine did that one of the many times i tried to log on, i wanna play toooooooo
 Hades.Hatekhaos
Serveur: Hades
user: hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2010-03-23 19:07:26
Link | Citer | R

http://forums.windower.net/topic/14680-ffxiuimod-installer-104-362009-1034pm/page__hl__brandson__fromsearch__1

I downloaded Brandson one from the list and copied over the ROM folder make a backup first.
Works fine now no crashes.

edit: sorry above link the links dont work but this is where i downloaded the actual file from
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FXYS7IHN

Asura.Foxxy
By Asura.Foxxy 2010-03-23 19:10:26
Link | Citer | R

so which .dats did you have to replace? i tried
ROM > 119 > 51 and ROM > 119 > 57
didnt work tho
 Hades.Hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2010-03-23 19:14:20
Link | Citer | R

I copied the entire rom folder over the existing rom. had no problems after icons changed and stuff with no crashes
 Asura.Foxxy
By Asura.Foxxy 2010-03-23 19:18:29
Link | Citer | R

Yay tytytyty it works, Rom > 0 > 14 was the one i was missing btw buuuut thank you
 Hades.Hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2010-03-23 19:19:45
Link | Citer | R

you're welcome glad it works.
 Leviathan.Tonks
By Leviathan.Tonks 2010-03-23 19:21:32
Link | Citer | R

I'm computer challenged, so you copied the ROM folder that the style download gave you over the FFXI folder? So you only had 5 ROM folders?? Just making sure before I copy over.
 Hades.Hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2010-03-23 19:25:50
Link | Citer | R

Go into where the POL folder is located :C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI (or close to that) then look for the folder that says ROM. Copy it to your desktop or somewhere in case u have a problem u can copy it back without having to do an update or fix file again. once u back it up then copy the ROM from the download into the POL folder ROm it will ask you if u want to overwrite it say yes to all and let it copy. Thats what I did. I think Foxxy just copied certain files..
 Asura.Foxxy
By Asura.Foxxy 2010-03-23 19:26:50
Link | Citer | R

yea there were only 5 folders in the FFXIStyle-v1.15
ROM 0/91/119/176/178 ... mine was only missing files from 0 and 119 ...
ROM > 119 > 51
ROM > 119 > 57
ROM > 0 > 14

I just went though and looked for which were missing that were in the FFXI style there that i didnt have in my roms
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-03-23 20:35:22
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Tonks said:
I am having the same problem too. It goes from POL to just a black screen loading my windower plugins. I tried setting the UI mod to default and it always fails. :/ I want to play darn it!

I love your character name! :D

Btw, I donno if this helps at all, but if you're using any version of spellcast older than the beta version and have one of the new pieces of gear/weapon in inventory or equipped, that can cause crashes. Might not have anything to do with those mods though but maybe worth a check.
 Asura.Foxxy
By Asura.Foxxy 2010-03-23 20:46:17
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
I love your character name! :D

Zomg thats my faviort character in harry potter lol
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-03-23 20:47:22
Link | Citer | R

I know, and there's two of us in thread!!! <3
 Leviathan.Tonks
By Leviathan.Tonks 2010-03-24 10:15:33
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
Leviathan.Tonks said:
I love your character name! :D Btw, I donno if this helps at all, but if you're using any version of spellcast older than the beta version and have one of the new pieces of gear/weapon in inventory or equipped, that can cause crashes. Might not have anything to do with those mods though but maybe worth a check.
I love your name more!! :D
 Leviathan.Tonks
By Leviathan.Tonks 2010-03-24 10:16:28
Link | Citer | R

I tried doing that dat switch and it didn't work, so I just did a system restore without installing any UI program and it works now. Thanks for the tips though guys. :)