Culinarian's Stall

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Cooking » Culinarian's stall
Culinarian's stall
By Minaras84 2024-04-06 10:27:24
Link | Citer | R

Hello!
I think this sub forum is pretty dead, but i'll try my luck.

Im looking for someone able to synergize the Culinarian's Stall.
Willing to tip!
By Bongarippa 2024-04-06 11:29:29
Link | Citer | R

Should probably put what server you're on. Also, crafting stalls are a great way to cap your synergy skill.
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2024-04-06 17:31:31
Link | Citer | R

Bongarippa said: »
Should probably put what server you're on. Also, crafting stalls are a great way to cap your synergy skill.

He's on Asura, like everybody else.

Stalls are great for leveling synergy but cooking is one craft that Def doesn't need it, ever. There's other reasons to do synergy, but pure cooks will never need it.
By fillerbunny9 2024-04-06 20:00:38
Link | Citer | R

you can synergize it yourself at rank 0; that is how mine got made.
[+]
By Minaras84 2024-04-07 01:41:37
Link | Citer | R

fillerbunny9 said: »

Oh wow!
Cause bg-wiki says "adept"
By jubes 2024-04-07 02:58:44
Link | Citer | R

it's only one element so just spam fewell and ignore explosions, may have to repair furnace to have enough time to finish though.

if you're on asura and still need help, send me a tell.
[+]
By Seun 2024-04-07 04:30:04
Link | Citer | R

Minaras84 said: »
fillerbunny9 said: »

Oh wow!
Cause bg-wiki says "adept"

You can still synergize, it's not like crafting where you need to be within a certain range to craft. Skilling up allows you to train the various aspects of synergy so you're more efficient.

Your best bet if you do it yourself:

Feed wind fewell x 2 > Operate Pressure Handle > Repeat up to 99

The idea here is to keep the furnace from exploding so you don't lose durability or get status effects slowing you down.
By Minaras84 2024-04-07 17:51:33
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »
Bongarippa said: »

He's on Asura, like everybody else.

Stalls are great for leveling synergy but cooking is one craft that Def doesn't need it, ever. There's other reasons to do synergy, but pure cooks will never need it.

Let's start saying i don't know much in general.
Atm i'm 115 (debahocho, trainee knife,hat body).
I also have the buche des etoiles (the only item ive got in my mh lol), so i get the mega moglification that should give me +5?
And still i have troubles getting hq craft of lv 80+
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-04-08 04:30:42
Link | Citer | R

I stand to be corrected but if you already have Mega Moglification: Cooking from Buche des etoiles, then you would gain absolutely zero from Culinary's Stall.
The goal of these items is to get you the Kupower, once you have that it's done.

Also not sure if you already knew it but the increase in +skill affects HQ rate in tiers.

If you are under the current recipe level, you have 0% chance to HQ.
If you are 0-10 levels above, you have ~2% chance.
If you are 11-30 levels above, ~10% chance.
If 31-50 levels above, ~25% chance.
If you are 51+ above, ~50% chance.

Rough numbers to give you an idea, bear with me if they're not absolutely correct and they are generic HQ, not HQ1, HQ2, HQ3 etc.

So let's say you're 2 levels above the current recipe's cap. Adding +5 skill wouldn't change your HQ rate. Maybe you already knew this, maybe you didn't? I dunno, just making sure.

For a cooking recipe level 80 you should be in the ~25% HQ rate.

Last but not least, Trainee Knife is useless for you, and I suggest you get a Debahocho +1 to replace your NQ one.
By Minaras84 2024-04-08 19:44:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
I stand to be corrected but if you already have Mega Moglification: Cooking from Buche des etoiles, then you would gain absolutely zero from Culinary's Stall.
The goal of these items is to get you the Kupower, once you have that it's done.

Also not sure if you already knew it but the increase in +skill affects HQ rate in tiers.

If you are under the current recipe level, you have 0% chance to HQ.
If you are 0-10 levels above, you have ~2% chance.
If you are 11-30 levels above, ~9% chance.
If 31-50 levels above, ~25% chance.
If you are 51+ above, ~50% chance.

Rough numbers to give you an idea, bear with me if they're not absolutely correct and they are generic HQ, not HQ1, HQ2, HQ3 etc.

So let's say you're 2 levels above the current recipe's cap. Adding +5 skill wouldn't change your HQ rate. Maybe you already knew this, maybe you didn't? I dunno, just making sure.

For a cooking recipe level 80 you should be in the ~25% HQ rate.

Last but not least, Trainee Knife is useless for you, and I suggest you get a Debahocho +1 to replace your NQ one.

Ok, and that makes sense to me.
I didn't even realise the debahocho +1 (i already have it, it's such a stupid craft) needed to be main hand only -_-
And i also just realised the amount of skill the Buche gives it's exactly the same.
Doesn't it give more slots in the storage tho?

So basically the only item i need to get more cooking skill is that bloody torue that will never drop for me.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-04-09 01:35:32
Link | Citer | R

Torques can be a bit of a pain to farm.
I seem to recall there was a Kupofried zonewide buff that made it slightly easier?
Also an addon that makes opening chests slightly more reliable.

Stay in a zone and don't go out until you got it, will take several hours of endless grind/farming, days even.

Also keep in mind a few more things:
1) Advanced Synthesis support: gives you a couple more skills with a short duration buff. It's activated in Windurst' cooking guild but works everywhere. It might be useless depending on the recipe you're working on and the "tiers" I explained to you above. If the +2 skill you get from the buff doesn't bump you up a tier, basically ignore this part

2) Ionis. This only works in Adoulin areas (not necessarily the city of Adoulin). This doesn't bump your HQ rate but slightly increases synth success and reduces chance of critical failure (item loss)

3) Food affecting HQ rate: Coconut Rusk. Use Confectioner's Ring to make it even better (+1% HQ rate for a total of 4%, -1% synth material loss for a total of -7%). Keep in mind that this will lock out one of your two rings slot. The effect of this ring is applied when you have the food effect on AND you keep the ring equipped while synthing. It's not something that buffs food when you eat it. Then again, supposing you don't own Orvail Ring, your only ring affecting HQ is the "Craftmaster's Ring" which I'm sure you already have (HQ+1%). So Confectioner's basically becomes another +1% HQ ring, and prevents you from using other options like Artificier and Craftkeeper rings, which shouldn't be a big deal for you.
By Meeble 2024-04-09 15:19:14
Link | Citer | R

Minaras84 said: »
And i also just realised the amount of skill the Buche gives it's exactly the same.
Doesn't it give more slots in the storage tho?

The only real advantage of the stall vs. Buche is the stall has a stronger aura, meaning you can use it with most other storage furniture and still get the correct Mog Bonus.

F/E: stall plus 1x Panetiere will give you Cooking bonus and capped storage in 2 bank slots, whereas Panetiere's aura will overpower a solo Buche and give you the wrong bonus, and even if you stack 4x Buche to fix that you're still only at 69 storage total for 5 slots of bank space.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-10 00:04:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Torques can be a bit of a pain to farm.
I seem to recall there was a Kupofried zonewide buff that made it slightly easier?
Also an addon that makes opening chests slightly more reliable.

Also keep in mind a few more things:
1) Advanced Synthesis support: gives you a couple more skills with a short duration buff. It's activated in Windurst' cooking guild but works everywhere. It might be useless depending on the recipe you're working on and the "tiers" I explained to you above. If the +2 skill you get from the buff doesn't bump you up a tier, basically ignore this part

The kupo buff is called Myriad Mystery Boxes

Addon doesn't actually assist in any way, except to do the puzzle for you. If you can figure out logic puzzles you don't need the addon. Helps for the mathematically challenged.

Adv. Synthesis image support is +3 skill, not +2. Can also get it from the belts, if you're not in the guild or want to refresh it after it wears off.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-04-10 12:18:39
Link | Citer | R

There's also Heartbeater +1 if you ever made that too I guess