Forum » FFXI » General » BG-Wiki Adds
BG-Wiki Adds
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2024-03-23 10:09:29
Link | Citer | R

Just jumped onto BG to check for cooking set ingredients and was met with a Discover Card ad that covered up half the screen...after clicking the 'X' to remove it I had a second ad I had to click to even see more than 40% of the screen.

These ad types were what made FFXIclopedia, Allakhazam completely unusable and led to the rise of bg as the primary alternative. I really hope the admins pay attention to this.

I'd never begrudge people getting some $ for their work. But these types of ads are way, way too aggressive. I like BG, very clean interface. I hope they adjust or I expect we'll all be moving on. Again.
By jubes 2024-03-23 11:49:17
Link | Citer | R

take a minute to create an account, or use an adblocker like everyone else. there, no ads. this site has them too i think, been so long since i've seen one i forget.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-23 12:04:54
Link | Citer | R

Move on to where exactly lmao

Also why post this here instead of BG? BG admins aren't going to see this
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-23 12:54:03
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »
Just jumped onto BG to check for cooking set ingredients and was met with a Discover Card ad that covered up half the screen...after clicking the 'X' to remove it I had a second ad I had to click to even see more than 40% of the screen.

These ad types were what made FFXIclopedia, Allakhazam completely unusable and led to the rise of bg as the primary alternative. I really hope the admins pay attention to this.

I'd never begrudge people getting some $ for their work. But these types of ads are way, way too aggressive. I like BG, very clean interface. I hope they adjust or I expect we'll all be moving on. Again.

Aggressive ads pay more.

It's a bad sign once a site does things like this, cause you can see the mindset of whoever owns it has changed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2024-03-23 13:54:34
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Move on to where exactly lmao

I'm not sure. Ask Myspace.

RadialArcana said: »

It's a bad sign once a site does things like this, cause you can see the mindset of whoever owns it has changed.

That was my thought exactly.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-03-23 15:27:36
Link | Citer | R

people still get ads? I thought most browsers have basic ad-block built in
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2024-03-23 15:29:22
Link | Citer | R

chrome
By RadialArcana 2024-03-23 15:50:35
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
people still get ads? I thought most browsers have basic ad-block built in

The problem is that if the site you're talking about has already reached a point where money matters that much, if the ads are bad and more people use blockers then they make even less money by trying to get more.

This is why you see the spiral where things close down, and why this is a bad sign for bgwiki

as an aside, if you use adblock you should prob consider whitelisting xiah
[+]
By Dodik 2024-03-24 07:30:36
Link | Citer | R

You know, bg wiki has a forum.

Also, use an ad blocker ffs.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-24 08:03:20
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »
You know, bg wiki has a forum.

Also, use an ad blocker ffs.

using an ad blocker on something you care about cause it has crappy ads is like hitting your leg with a hammer cause it's itchy, the site is funded by ads.

What do you think will happen to xiah if everyone uses ad blocker?
By jubes 2024-03-24 08:07:55
Link | Citer | R

I'd gladly donate to the site if needed, but will absolutely block everry single ad i can, nothing will make me stop using a service faster than unwanted ads. so I understand OP a little, but there are easy fixes in his case.

matter of fact, there is a donation link here, went ahead and tossed a few bucks in.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-03-24 08:58:19
Link | Citer | R

Using the internet without ad blocker is like visiting professionals and not using protection.