Gae Buide And Diarmuid WS Set(s)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Gae Buide and Diarmuid WS Set(s)
Gae Buide and Diarmuid WS Set(s)
By Galkapryme 2023-12-17 14:52:29
Link | Citer | R

I haven't seen much on this yet, and I usually look to others for ideas on building the best sets. So, I figured I'd start with mine. Stage 4 Gae Buide. Here's what I got after testing 2 different sets of gear:
ItemSet 393996

Nyame:
WSD path

Cape Augments:
STR 30
Acc/Attk 20
WSD 10
PDT 10

Played around and this is the best set I could come up with for the gear I had. My Gleti's is not fully augmented, and the Nyame outperforms it.
By Atrox78 2023-12-17 18:30:34
Link | Citer | R

You should change this to all wsd. Pdl dosent do squat for primes.Empy 3 head, all nyame in the rest. Use sailfi belt, wsd ring, regal for sroda, wsd eatring, tp earing, wsd ammo. I'm at 79 wsd in my Diarmuid set.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-17 18:33:02
Link | Citer | R

Of course it does. You just need 4 ws toggles now.

Can't hit it.
Not enough attack.
Enough attack.
Stupidly over buffed attack.
[+]
By Galkapryme 2023-12-17 19:07:28
Link | Citer | R

Atrox78 said: »
You should change this to all wsd. Pdl dosent do squat for primes.Empy 3 head, all nyame in the rest. Use sailfi belt, wsd ring, regal for sroda, wsd eatring, tp earing, wsd ammo. I'm at 79 wsd in my Diarmuid set.

Thanks for that. Gonna test it
By Galkapryme 2023-12-17 19:13:48
Link | Citer | R

Galkapryme said: »

Thanks for that. Gonna test it

Also, I swapped out the hands, but a couple years ago, my dumbass went with the MAB path for Nayame body. I forgot why. I need to accumulate points before I drop it to get another. For now, Empy body gives me the best STR and VIT.
By Galkapryme 2023-12-17 19:19:52
Link | Citer | R

Damage seems to be roughly the same range, so the difference is negligible. But of the 3 3K WS I dropped, one was higher than my previous high by a few hundred.
By Dodik 2023-12-17 19:29:03
Link | Citer | R

Of course PDL does things to prime WS. Just need enough attack. Which is the whole point of primes in the first place.
[+]
By Atrox78 2023-12-18 03:02:06
Link | Citer | R

What rank is your nyame? I should have asked this first. Would most liklwy need to be r15 or higher to overthrow empy body. Diarmuid scales incredibly well with wsd, as all of the primes do and it keeps going up, even after the soft cap. Try testing, if feasible, at 75 wsd plus.

Regarding the pdl comment, they really don't need any extra pdl swaps with the am up, in my experience. The only time I ever notice a difference stacking it on is with multi hit ws like stardiver in situations with a geo/cor/brd or, with a cir and brd right after using angon on lower tier endgame stuff (wave 3 DD).

All that said, I'm not a big number cruncher and my testing isn't as detailed as it should be. Would love to see real nath and results from somone who knows how to do it.
By SimonSes 2023-12-18 07:46:06
Link | Citer | R

It's not about PDL doing something or not doing. Ofc it does, but you need to first look at base PDL you will have in gear anyway.
AM+neck+ear is already a lot (~30%). If you have chosen Ephramad's, that's another 10%. At this point another question is if you gonna be buffed with Aria? If yes, then it's very unlikely you will reach that amount of pdif to take advantage of all of that. Additional PDL in gear is almost definitely worthless.

Also Caudata belt is most likely better than fotia for raw damage, even more if you can take advantage of it's 21 attack.
[+]
 Valefor.Aspens
Serveur: Valefor
user: Aspens
By Valefor.Aspens 2023-12-18 08:01:11
Link | Citer | R

Primes have huge growth with tp so you definitely want moonshade on all the prime WS I've seen

If the bg ftp numbers are right it's like a 25% dmg boost at 1k, 12% boost at 2k, swap out about 2750~
 Asura.Chendar
Serveur: Asura
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2023-12-18 08:06:51
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Also Caudata belt is most likely better than fotia for raw damage, even more if you can take advantage of it's 21 attack.
Why Caudata and not Sailfi? Assuming 55% STR / 55% VIT listed on wiki is correct anyway, which I probably shouldn't :P
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-12-18 08:07:03
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Aspens said: »
Primes have huge growth with tp so you definitely want moonshade on all the prime WS I've seen

If the bg ftp numbers are right it's like a 25% dmg boost at 1k, 12% boost at 2k, swap out about 2750~

Oh yeah, I haven't even noticed that. It's so obvious, that I don't even look at earrings anymore XD
By SimonSes 2023-12-18 08:08:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chendar said: »
Why Caudata and not Sailfi? Assuming 55% STR / 55% VIT listed on wiki is correct anyway, which I probably shouldn't :P

That's true. Sailfi is even better.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-12-18 14:27:45
Link | Citer | R

Stacking pdl is viable as long as u stack debuffs / buffs to support it. Considering this is for drg most of the important times u can have angon up so PDL shouldn't be bad... but still depends on the fight / comp. Theres a reason that even with all this PDL gear we still use aria song for a lot of content.. its really powerful.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-18 15:17:13
Link | Citer | R

I think the point above was that stacking it requires absolutely insane amounts of atk on you and -def on the mob to take advantage of it. Using the set originally posted, he has 48% PDL (38 in gear, 10 on AM3). Add on to that DRG's natural .3 PDL from DRG you need to be at ~6x the enemy's defense in order to take advantage of that PDL.

This is also before considering Aria. If you have Aria from a St4 BRD (since he has a St4 polearm) then you're talking about 6.85x the enemy's defense. If that Aria is SV'd then 7.6x the enemy's defense.

Say you have 6000 attack, you need to bring the mob's defense down to ~800. If you have 3000 attack, the mob's defense needs to be 400 in order for you to take advantage of that PDL.

This is...not very common, and shouldn't be your default set. As others have said you can make separate sets with more PDL in them but they should be used only in the appropriate situations and we shouldn't assume PDL is always better than WSD. Angon alone is nowhere near enough to take advantage of this kind of PDL. You need Angon + Dia 3 + Frailty (mob not being resistant to Frailty)
By Taint 2023-12-18 15:20:07
Link | Citer | R

You are also hitting the 99999 ceiling at that point of buffs and PDL.
[+]
By Izanami 2023-12-18 21:28:43
Link | Citer | R

All that said, I'm not a big number cruncher and my testing isn't as detailed as it should be. Would love to see real nath and results from somone who knows how to do it.

Based on the FTP and WSC values listed on BG Wiki, I'm getting the following sets for 2000TP Diarmuid with R30 Odyssey (R25B Nyame). Note that using the original FTP and WSC values from the original testing does not change either set. Also note that I did not include any of the Voracious Resurgence rings in the calculation.

Late edit for reference:
You should notice about +25% damage increase for standard buff situations and +10% damage increase for high buff situations when swapping to these sets from the original set (assuming the FTP and WSC values are correct).
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-12-19 06:11:17
Link | Citer | R

I would pretty much always use 4/5 Nyame, since it's only 1% difference, but provides better survivability and you are not risking damage drop in case you aren't hitting the attack cap with additional 17% from Gleti's.

My only PDL swaps would be Thrud > Peltast NQ/+1 (I would full time good +2 Peltast if I had one).

and.. that's it really, unless you also have something like Cornelia's ring, then Sroda's ring instead of Niqgmadu maybe. If you have Ephramad's, I would full time it too.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-12-19 13:51:08
Link | Citer | R

With a 9 chaos roll no crooked (its not a lucky roll or anything) honor march + 2 attack songs ( no marcato no soulvoice) my drg is sitting at 4489 attack no food. SV im chilling at 5738 getting to 6k attack isn't much of a struggle. With just angon / dia 3 / light shot / 1 box step you have -53% def capping subjob box steps will push it to 61% def down. Most mobs don't have over 2k def so its not like its impossible to cap attack.

If you have a geo or dancer this process becomes a lot easier.

When drk is in group chaos roll will always get boosted or if war is in group you can expect warcry for bosses.

Maybe I missed half the discussion here but the set I would use is empy head / nyame other slots / sailfi / jse neck / moonshade / JSE +2 ear if u have it or thrud (20 stats toward ws / 3 ws dmg prolly better then 8 pdl) / Sroda ring / Ephramads ring (or cornelia / regel if you dont have that ring) / Knob. I do have r30 nyame though so it makes my choice a bit easier.
By Galkapryme 2023-12-25 06:27:46
Link | Citer | R

WSD 61/PDL 107 (AM 111-117) is what I'm currently at on my WS set. This includes the 77/256 trait for DRG. Need to remake my Nayme body. I am rank 25 on Nyame gear (to answer someone's earlier question).
By SimonSes 2023-12-25 08:44:04
Link | Citer | R

Galkapryme said: »
WSD 61/PDL 107 (AM 111-117) is what I'm currently at on my WS set. This includes the 77/256 trait for DRG. Need to remake my Nayme body. I am rank 25 on Nyame gear (to answer someone's earlier question).

It's very weird way to sum up your pdl, I don't think you know how trait works.

Trait is additive to your pDIF limit. For polearm pDIF limit is 3.75, so for polearm on DRG its +0.3, so 4.05

Now PDL from gear is multiplier after base with trait, so for example 40% PDL in gear/am/aria will push you to 4.05 * 1.4 = 5.67
[+]