Blue Mage Solo Skillchain Set
First Page 2
 Asura.Oraine
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: crazy00
By Asura.Oraine 2023-11-19 22:48:29
Link | Citer | R

ive tried googling and searching on here. but i cant seem to find anything. im so close to being able to solo skill chain with my weapon skills.
 Asura.Oraine
By Asura.Oraine 2023-11-19 23:50:17
Link | Citer | R

i cant seem to figure out what set i should be wearing to make sure i have enough haste and dual wield. if anyone has photos of a set or type it out id greatly appreciate it.
By Trillium 2023-11-20 00:35:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Oraine said: »
i cant seem to figure out what set i should be wearing to make sure i have enough haste and dual wield. if anyone has photos of a set or type it out id greatly appreciate it.

Check out guides at the bottom of Blu page on bgwiki, don't recall numbers offhand. You need to consider what buffs You have. H2 VS h1 etc
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-11-20 01:09:45
Link | Citer | R

Your issue is strictly not getting enough TP fast enough?...

Between both guides;
The Beast Within by Prothescar
and Out of the BLU by SpicyRyan
You should be able to see a great deal of progression in TP sets that should be able to get you there. Both of these offer great examples of TP sets you can aim for while you work towards improvement. Rule of thumb is cap Haste + Dual wield, which I'll explain shortly, then dump as much as possible into Triple/Quad attack, then Store TP/Double attack.

The way attack rounds work is; when you swing it checks if you'll proc a Quad attack. If it fails to then it checks if it will proc a Triple.... then a Double, then an "occ. attacks 2-x times" weapon. So if you're say offhanding Blurred Sword+1, any time you proc a double or triple attack it'll override the chance to get the effect of the sword.
This is especially important to note if you have a Tizona. When you have the AM3 multi hit aftermath up, you want to remove as much possible double attack in your sets in order to not override it's multi hit effect, and instead invest much more into Store TP.

Here's a bunch of things to keep in mind:
BLU has the benefit of double Haste spells between Erratic Flutter and Mighty Guard that you typically don't need assistance from other jobs, even Trusts, although having a March mixed in can help make up the remaining % missing haste when you don't have Mighty Guard up. That alone should make it pretty easy to self skillchain at least once given enough multi-hit and store TP in your gear set, presuming the target your attacking isn't a great deal higher level than you, and you have enough accuracy to land your hits.

Magic Haste cap is 43.75% (448/1024). So with Haste 2/Erratic Flutter's 30% + Mighty Guard's 15%, you'll be well overcapped.

BLU can set dual wield as you know, typically most players set Barbed Crescent and Delta Thrust for point efficiency. If you have the job points for both tiers of Trait boost, this will automatically give you Dual Wield III. This means in order to "cap" dual wield without TP fall off, you need an additional +11 dual wield to cap. Most players solve this with either Adhemar Body+1 + Suppanomimi ((OR)) Reiki Yotai + Eabani Earring

Please refer to this page for haste/dual wield information: Attack Speed
Additionally, gear haste caps at 25%, so make sure your gear adds up to the 24~26 range to be in a safe spot.

Easy skillchains are;
Savage Blade > Expiacion = Distortion -> (ChainAffinity+Efflux) Sinker Drill = Darkness. Then you can Burst Affinity Tenebral or Floe if you're so inclined
Chant du Cynge <> Chant du Cynge = Light

Red Lotus Blade -> Flat Blade = Fusion -> Savage Blade = Light
Requiescat -> Savage Blade = Fragmentation -> CA/Eff Thrashing Assault = Light

Refer to this useful tool to calculate skillchains if you struggle with matching the properties up: Flippantry Skillchain Calc

As I said earlier DEFINITELY make sure you're hitting the target enough, otherwise you'll struggle even with high end gear. Accuracy food like Sushi is your best friend, expecially if you're wearing a low iLvl weapon with no stats on it like the TP Bonus sword Machaera or Thibron.
ALL THAT OUT OF THE WAY;

Generally speaking if you have Tizona, Full Malignance + STP accessories and +11 Dual Wield should be just fine to check all the boxes.
Otherwise, you can go with something like Adhemar Hands Head Body, Samnuha Tights, Herc Shoes (with Triple atk augment) and accessories more geared towards multi hit... but a set like this nowadays is a bit outdated for higher level content due to the lower Defensive stats and Accuracy

If you're at a lower level of progression than that, certainly refer to the guides and know that each improvement should help you stealing increase the consistency of getting Tp fast enough

Hope this stuff helped, although I didnt link you direct pictures of sets
[+]
 Shiva.Cerderic
Serveur: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-11-20 08:13:28
Link | Citer | R

Edit: Sorry I realized after typing this out that this has little to do with OP's question. I'll leave it in case its helpful but, boy am I dumb.

I recall when I started to reach that threshold at which I could solo SC/MB more regularly, it was often helpful to use both chain affinity and burst affinity prior to using your first weaponskill in the chain. I could definitely see this being more applicable if your fast cast set isn't up to par and you're trying to land tenebral crush in time.

Palling Salvo is a very strong dark element, single-target BLU spell with less casting time than the big AoE ones, if you find that easier/safer to use. I don't have room in my sets for it anymore but I did use it for a long while in solo situations.
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2023-11-20 08:30:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dexprozius said: »

Might as well keep that going!

Red Lotus Blade > Flat Blade > Savage Blade > Chant du Cygne for double light.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-11-20 08:40:19
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Creaucent said: »

Might as well keep that going!

Red Lotus Blade > Flat Blade > Savage Blade > Chant du Cygne for double light.

I figure if he's having trouble self skillchaining to begin with the window will be a little tight for him to pull that off lol
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-11-20 08:44:58
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Cerderic said: »
Edit: Sorry I realized after typing this out that this has little to do with OP's question. I'll leave it in case its helpful but, boy am I dumb.

I recall when I started to reach that threshold at which I could solo SC/MB more regularly, it was often helpful to use both chain affinity and burst affinity prior to using your first weaponskill in the chain. I could definitely see this being more applicable if your fast cast set isn't up to par and you're trying to land tenebral crush in time.

Palling Salvo is a very strong dark element, single-target BLU spell with less casting time than the big AoE ones, if you find that easier/safer to use. I don't have room in my sets for it anymore but I did use it for a long while in solo situations.

More often than not these days closing skillchains with physical magic is just not worth the loss of TP or delay in melee rounds... but its still fun and cool for some situations / solo.
For sure its great advice to pre-pop your JA's before beginning the skillchain, you have plenty of time to get off even 2 WS's before you need to throw out the closer spell, and burst spell.
For Palling Salvo, I feel its mostly obsolete now. With how easy it is to hit fast cast cap, the difference between casting it and Tenebral is so negligible, unless you intend to specifically not hit multiple targets.
(Plus Tenebral's debuff is more useful... I think I've only ever used Palling against Odin N solo runs for the Atk down).
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-11-20 12:59:19
Link | Citer | R

Gotta close that 5-step on V25 Bumba for mega Kaustra CA Quad. Cont!~
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-11-20 18:54:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
Gotta close that 5-step on V25 Bumba for mega Kaustra CA Quad. Cont!~

Maximum accuracy gear!!!
 Asura.Oraine
By Asura.Oraine 2023-11-20 19:15:08
Link | Citer | R

My store TP set, I need to make a cape still. around 300-400 tp after i ws. Also need Malig body for even more store TP. it still takes around 5-6 seconds to get to 1k tp tho.
ammo="Aurgelmir Orb",
head="Malignance Chapeau",
body={ name="Adhemar Jacket +1", augments={'STR+12','DEX+12','Attack+20',}},
hands="Malignance Gloves",
legs="Jhakri Slops +2",
feet="Malignance Boots",
neck={ name="Mirage Stole +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist="Reiki Yotai",
left_ear="Brutal Earring",
right_ear="Telos Earring",
left_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
right_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
back={ name="Rosmerta's Cape", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+1','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Nariont 2023-11-20 20:26:09
Link | Citer | R

As stated, you need more haste, dropping jhakri is probably the easiest thing to do as that whole set has trash haste on its pieces, or swapping reiki out for a haste belt and putting eabani/suppa on your ear in place of telos
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-11-20 20:33:25
Link | Citer | R

First lets count your Haste:
Chapeau - 6
Adhemar - 4
Gloves - 4
Slops - 2 ****
Boots - 3
Belt - 0
------- TOTAL: 19 out of 25. Needs much improvement.

Now dual wield:
Trait (assuming you're mastered) = tier 3 (25)
+ 6 Body
+ 7 Belt
you're 2 points over capped, so that'll slightly reduce your tp gains per hit.

If you're TPing in Adhemar body, theres no reason to have the atk augment. Most of your damage comes from WS anyway, so just change it to acc to make sure you're getting more hits in.

I'm presuming you're using Yotai because you don't have a Suppanomimi? This could become more optimal with one which would put you at exactly +11 and open up your belt slot. Even using Eabani and being 1 point off on capped Dual Wield, but making up for your massive missing 9 haste would be ideal.

The 10 STP on the cape will help alot, but you said you were working on it.

NQ Aurgelmir could probably be swapped to Coiste Bodhar for 3 stp 3 double attack. You didn't mention if you're using Tizona or not, but I see Brutal earring so I assume not, and more DA would help.

The legs are definitely a worse option than Samnuha Tights, but a 'good' pair are pretty uncommon. They're a particularly bad choice here due to only giving 2 Haste, and you're not getting any haste on your belt using Yotai where you could be using Sailfi augmented for example. Saifli is your missing 9 haste alone, but if you'd prefer to not use it, Samnuhas have 6 and that's 4 more than where you're at now.

EDIT: Guess I take too long to type, 2 people beat me lol
 Asura.Oraine
By Asura.Oraine 2023-11-20 22:18:40
Link | Citer | R

okay im now using Gazu Bracelets +1 R15... that gives me 15 haste right there. ill switch out one of my rings and grab the TVR ring that gives 10 haste and ill be capped.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-11-20 22:23:21
Link | Citer | R

Those bracelets are far inferior to Malignance gloves you're already using. I wouldn't make that change. Simply switching the TVR ring will cap your haste with no other changes, but you should also upgrade Jhakri Slops to something else eventually.
[+]
 Asura.Oraine
By Asura.Oraine 2023-11-20 22:37:15
Link | Citer | R

okay capped haste with this set and i think capped dual wield as well. filled the rest of spots in with store tp.

ammo="Aurgelmir Orb",
head="Malignance Chapeau",
body={ name="Adhemar Jacket +1", augments={'STR+12','DEX+12','Attack+20',}},
hands="Malignance Gloves",
legs="Gleti's Breeches",
feet="Malignance Boots",
neck={ name="Mirage Stole +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist="Reiki Yotai",
left_ear="Suppanomimi Earring",
right_ear="Eabani Earring",
left_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
right_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
back={ name="Rosmerta's Cape", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+9','"Dual Wield"+10','Spell interruption rate down-2%',}},
}
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-11-20 22:39:05
Link | Citer | R

Gazu Bracelets are great... for all the jobs that don't get good tp gear. If you are moving from Malignance Gloves to Gazu Bracelets its a step in the wrong direction. you sacrifice that 12 stp for more haste and acc.. when you should REALLY replace those legs.

Leg slot has LOTS of better options without losing that stp in hands.

Samnuha tights even w/ crap augments will be a big boost in the right direction.
Malignance tights are also fantastic, though sure a bit time consuming/tedious to get. Those are the 2 BiS tp legs for blu.

Taeon or herculean legs are WAY better options than Jhakri.. really anything is better than Jhakri and fills the haste gap in leg slot.

Iuitl +1 legs are not bad either, but I should think at the very least plain herculean legs from domain invasion points would be very cheap, easy to get and very effective. let alone add some augments to it.

If you have dual wield in the cape, don't use it in other stuff.
you only want 11 dual wield in gear w/ capped haste. probably
you have 25 dw in gear...
Blue mage is one of the few jobs who can cap its own magical haste the vast majority of the time even w/ out trusts if you are using trusts you should always have magical haste capped... so I thinnk having 25dw in gear is a big waste.

so getting too much drops it. Either get a needle and change that dual wield from Double attack (making it a good tp cape and useful for multihit ws's) OR swap earrings and body out for non dual wield pieces.

Frankly I would change the cape.

Gleti's breeches are great.. but unless they are augmented over 20, and really over 25 you actually get better tp gain from herculean, malignance, and especially samnuha, though only Malignance has really good def also on it.
 Asura.Oraine
By Asura.Oraine 2023-11-20 22:45:19
Link | Citer | R

okay ill start augmenting the hercule leggings. what should i aim for? acc? or triple attack? the reason i went with gletti was for more acc. im trying to build a sortie 10k run set. im thinking im almost there.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-11-20 22:50:03
Link | Citer | R

okay ill start augmenting the hercule leggings. what should i aim for? acc? or triple attack?

Accuracy and triple attack are exactly right.
You can get up to +30 acc in augment and 3~4 TA

thats just a really good easy option to get.

Fully augmented Samnuha are the best tp gaining legs, but

Fully augmented Gleti are the best combo of tp building and defensive stats.

Malignance being an excellent option in both regards also and though tedious, samnuha are just as tedious but both are easier to get thanfully augmented gleti.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-11-20 22:57:04
Link | Citer | R

Triple attack and accuracy but idk. I'd just stick ayanmo +2 legs in there and call it a day until you get Malignance Tights. I'd even use ranked Nyame there before messing with augments. Even Gleti's is good for the time being (I hate Oseem and outdated gear with no defensive value). just think tankier TP sets are more ideal. Not saying Herc legs are wrong, but you could make adjustments in better places.

If you're using Adhemar body, you can drop Eabani and Reiki Yotai because with traits you have too much DW. That frees up two spots for more ideal STP pieces. The cape as was mentioned needs to be upgraded, DW is practically worthless for BLU. I also haven't a clue why you're putting spell interruption rate down on a make cape, pdt would be more standard (but that's just nitpicking).
[+]
 Asura.Oraine
By Asura.Oraine 2023-11-20 23:03:55
Link | Citer | R

okay if im SU 3 and have dual wield trait. how much DW does it take to cap it?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-11-20 23:18:31
Link | Citer | R

It depends on what tier of DW you have. But I wrongly assumed you had the 1200 point gift so I mentioned 11 DW was what you needed to cap (if magic haste capped). Instead, use this resource to determine which tier of DW you have and what you need to cap.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Dual_Wield#Dual_Wield_Cheatsheet

I'm just going to guess you have t1, so with 100 gift bonus, you're bumped to t2. So you would need 21 DW. But double check your trait and set spells and use the chart to be sure.
 Bismarck.Herzins
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2023-11-20 23:32:01
Link | Citer | R

Savage blade > trashing assault = light > CDC = light :p
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-11-20 23:44:07
Link | Citer | R

okay if im SU 3 and have dual wield trait. how much DW does it take to cap it?

I guess you didnt read my reply lol

BLU can set dual wield as you know, typically most players set Barbed Crescent and Delta Thrust for point efficiency. If you have the job points for both tiers of Trait boost, this will automatically give you Dual Wield III. This means in order to "cap" dual wield without TP fall off, you need an additional +11 dual wield to cap. Most players solve this with either Adhemar Body+1 + Suppanomimi ((OR)) Reiki Yotai + Eabani Earring

To further clarify, if you're at Only SU3 (500 points?) then you'll only have the 100 point Trait boost, not the 1200 point Trait boost. This means all of your traits are +1 by default, but not +2. If you set Dual Wield 1, it'll become Dual Wield 2.

Dual Wield 2 is 10% less than Dual Wield 3, as per the wiki, so you'd need +10 more in gear.... However, a more realistic thing to do would simply set an additional tier of dual wield via spells... (this is solved by setting Only Molting Plumage which provides a full tier by itself)
You can keep this spell set until you get enough Job Points to have the trait bonus

ive tried googling and searching on here. but i cant seem to find anything.

The biggest thing about transitioning into endgame and high end gear sets is doing your own research, or referencing previous posts where your questions might already be answered. I know its alot of info, but I can't recommend enough taking the time to look through the wiki to gather details yourself. Becoming familiar with where the answers are will help you answer your own questions in the future and also help you memorize the key thresholds for stats that most players aim towards. For sure there's plenty of forum post with information rich advice and anecdotal experience, but another aspect of improving your gameplay is determining what works best for you, and whether or not what people claim to be 'best in slot' is accurate. After a certain point, it becomes more personal experience and testing, rather than cookie cutter gear sets that people post.
[+]
 Asura.Oraine
By Asura.Oraine 2023-11-21 06:24:45
Link | Citer | R

No i was incorrect. im SU 4.
i educated myself. I'm a little confused about the DW trait for blue mage though. according to ffxiwiki;

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dual_Wield

Adds a rank of Dual Wield.

Level Available Spell Set Point Cost
99 Molting Plumage 6
Set any two of the following Blue Magic spells to grant you Dual Wield I, attain Dual Wield II by setting four, or gain Dual Wield III by setting all six.

Level Available Spell Set Point Cost
79 Animating Wail 5
80 Blazing Bound 3
85 Quad. Continuum 4
89 Delta Thrust 2
91 Mortal Ray 4
99 Barbed Crescent 2

so i was told you couldnt get refresh 2 through traits becuase blut traits didnt workt that way. idk whose right my friend or ffxiwiki.

I just added all the blue mage dual wield spells to my arsenal, and my traits dont show dual wield 2 or 3. is this an invisible trait?
[+]
By Nariont 2023-11-21 06:39:32
Link | Citer | R

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Blue_Mage_Job_Traits

That's every trait that BLU can make, most traits have multiple levels but there are a few that are fixed at level 1, such as treasure hunter
[+]
First Page 2