Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
First Page 2 ... 13 14 15
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-06-08 16:05:21
Link | Citer | R

Since the latest trailer just dropped, I figured I'd start a thread for Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth discussion leading up to its release in Early 2024. I will include trailers for both English and Japanese as there are often subtle differences between the footage for the two.

Let's mosey!

Final Trailer English
YouTube Video Placeholder

Final Trailer Japanese

State of Play

"Destined for Rebirth" Trailer English
"Destined for Rebirth" Trailer Japanese
Theme Song Announcement Trailer English
Theme Song Announcement Trailer JapaneseState of Play 2023 English
State of Play 2023 Japanese
Summer Game Fest 2023 English
Summer Game Fest 2023 Japanese
First Look Trailer English
First Look Trailer Japanese
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2023-06-08 16:22:35
Link | Citer | R

My biggest questions:
- Will Cid show up? And if he does, how profane will he be?
- I know it's just Sephiroth *** with Cloud, but if they retcon Tifa/the Nibelheim incident in any way that'll be kind of gross
- They've already shown they're making a "new" story/timeline, but I'm interested to see how intact they keep it
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-06-08 16:29:12
Link | Citer | R

Idiot Boy said: »
My biggest questions:
- I know it's just Sephiroth *** with Cloud, but if they retcon Tifa/the Nibelheim incident in any way that'll be kind of gross
- They've already shown they're making a "new" story/timeline, but I'm interested to see how intact they keep it

So, perhaps I have spent too much time in the deep rabbit hole of Remake plot theories, but here's my take:

"You know that I killed her. So, who is she?" is played over the Tifa scene in the trailer, but I think that this is intentional misdirection. The person he's actually talking about is Aerith.

Edit: Nevermind all that. In the Japanese one, Sephiroth straight up says Tifa. I'm leaving the post up anyway because I don't mind being proven wrong! All theories are welcome.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-06-08 16:47:23
Link | Citer | R

Tifa a shapeshifted Jenova spore, say whaaaat?
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-06-08 16:53:43
Link | Citer | R

Part 3 will be released 2 years after PS6 releases. So to keep up with 3 parts you'll need 3 systems. /genius
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-08 16:54:53
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Viciouss 2023-06-08 17:39:33
Link | Citer | R

I'm looking forward to it. I had always expected January or February of next year, so this isn't a letdown for me or anything like that. I have plenty to play this year.

It's a good trailer that doesn't answer any questions the masses could have. I'm curious if Vincent and Cid will appear. And whether or not they will be playable or guests the way Red XIII was in the first game. I'm also curious about the fate of Avalanche. Day 1 buy for me.
By Felgarr 2023-06-08 19:44:54
Link | Citer | R

I'm really excited for this. I like the storyline changes from the original so far. I appreciate that they say things like "the unknown journey continues" which for the uninitiated means, we're getting a different storyline than the original game. I'm really interested to see the references they make to the original game and it's ending. (They did this multiple times in remake and it's just fun to watch).
By Draylo 2023-06-08 19:45:45
Link | Citer | R

Excited for this, I loved the first one.
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-06-08 20:58:38
Link | Citer | R

Idiot Boy said: »
My biggest questions:

I already feel like they have messed it up with the amount of Sephiroth encounters in remake. Feels like they have forgotten the main antagonist of FF7 is Jenova, shape shifted into Sephiroth, and Sephiroth is 'dead' (in more of a coma in the north cave due to his Jenova DNA keeping him alive) when you start the game.

Still looking forward to rebirth, but last bit of remake was poor.
[+]
By Cloudius777 2023-06-08 21:04:39
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Part 3 will be released 2 years after PS6 releases. So to keep up with 3 parts you'll need 3 systems. /genius

Or just 1 PC in the year 2035
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-06-08 21:20:11
Link | Citer | R

Ok.

Disclaimer: I haven't played a FF since 7.

I am kinda happy the young get a shot with their OWN FF7(as opposed to them hearing us talk about how great it was. that has to be annoying). If I'm reading right? New game not remake right?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-08 21:23:35
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Ok.

I am kinda happy the young get a shot with their OWN FF7(as opposed to them hearing us talk about how great it was. that has to be annoying). If I'm reading right? New game not remake right?

Without spoilers, basically yes by the end of Part 1 it is a divergent timeline and new game.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-06-08 21:44:42
Link | Citer | R

You can't really play the remake without playing the original, otherwise the story elements won't make sense and have zero impact. SE is fully committed to nostalgia along with making things fresh for those who played the original to death. It is not "new generation friendly" unless they take the time to play and learn why the original FFVII works so they can understand its legacy. It helps if they know someone from the 90s to explain the context, along with what the game meant to people back then.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-06-08 21:46:46
Link | Citer | R

Looks like the trailer covers all the areas up to Cosmos Canyon except Gold Saucer. Did anyone catch areas from the OG beyond that point?

I'm kinda curious to see how far they take each episode
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-06-08 21:48:53
Link | Citer | R

The Northern Crater is seen in the trailer, so given they don't skip anything from the original, here are the possible locations we could see in this second part of the remake:

Kalm
Chocobo Stables
Midgar Zolom's Marsh
Mythril Mines
Fort Condor
A forest to recruit Yuffie
Junon
Cargo Ship
Costa Del Sol
Mt. Coral
Gold Saucer
Desert Prison
Gongaga
Cosmo Canyon (incl. Cave of the Gi)
Nibelheim (incl. mansion & reactor)
Rocket Town
Wutai
Temple Of Ancients
Bone Village
Sleeping Forest
Corel Valley
City Of Ancients (Aerith's fate??)
Icicle Inn
Great Glacier
Gaea's Cliff
North Crater
Whirlwind Maze

And that's not to mention the possible debuts of Cait Sith, Vincent, and Cid.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2023-06-08 23:43:07
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Ok.

Without spoilers, basically yes by the end of Part 1 it is a divergent timeline and new game.

They also said that, for the most part, it will still follow the general events of the original.
 Ragnarok.Shaedhen
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Shadowwww
By Ragnarok.Shaedhen 2023-06-09 02:42:25
Link | Citer | R

The trailer looks nice, not gonna lie.

I still have very mixed feelings towards the whole FF7 remake thing. I enjoyed all the nostalgia bits of the first one. Being able to enjoy Midgar with modern graphics, the fact that they developed a bit more some characters like Jessie and so on. Had a blast with all that.

But what they did with that divergent timeline crap ? Highly unnecessary. I feel like that's gonna end in a disappointing way no matter what, and it even has the potential to ruin the original game (pending how they link both timelines/universes/whatever).

Like it was mentionned, they also already totally over-exposed Sephiroth.

I'll still play it and I'm curious how it will turn out in the end. But I would've been 200% more happy with a simple remake of the original. Same story, just expands some bits here and there, give a bit more exposure to some side-characters,... that would've been perfect.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kahraba
user: ashcrow
By Bahamut.Kahraba 2023-06-09 03:47:46
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Since the latest trailer just dropped, I figured I'd start a thread for Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth discussion leading up to its release in Early 2024.

Let's mosey!

English:

Japanese:
THIS GENUINLEY LOOK A *** 100 TIMES BETTER THAN THAT WOKE FF16 GAME OF THRONES BULL ***

I JUST WANT TURN BASED FF BACK i changed my mind,
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2023-06-09 08:15:54
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flowen said: »
I already feel like they have messed it up with the amount of Sephiroth encounters in remake

I'm torn on this.

On the one hand, yes, Sephiroth isn't even mentioned while you're in Midgar in the original game. On the other hand, if you aren't leaving Midgar for the first game, you have to wedge him in there somewhere, because Cloud vs Sephiroth is the fight people are expecting, and while it was all but certain there would be a sequel, nothing is ever guaranteed in the games industry. I get why they did it.

Still don't like it, though.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-06-09 08:21:29
Link | Citer | R

Someone show this to the guy in charge of FF16, he forgot what FF is supposed to look like. Absolute shambles.

This video looks good, still not happy they refuse to add a proper turn based system as an option though. Action combat is good but on repeated plays turn based is so much more appealing.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-06-09 08:33:51
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
You can't really play the remake without playing the original, otherwise the story elements won't make sense and have zero impact. SE is fully committed to nostalgia along with making things fresh for those who played the original to death. It is not "new generation friendly" unless they take the time to play and learn why the original FFVII works so they can understand its legacy. It helps if they know someone from the 90s to explain the context, along with what the game meant to people back then.
Never underestimate the sheer appeal of aesthetics and hype to the younger generations.
All someone playing remake first will do is make them have biases for what's shown and happens in remake, and even if they don't understand the full weight of the references or divergence, they'll still play for the gameplay and pretty characters.

Also, every Youtuber and their mom has explained, exposited, reviewed, reviewed again, and reviewed remake at this point, so a lot of younger folks are caught up that way.
[+]
By Viciouss 2023-06-13 20:37:01
Link | Citer | R

This is a breakdown of the whole trailer by Max, it's solid. But I want to talk about what he is saying at the 26 minute mark, 26:40 to be more precise. An active PHS where you can swap characters in and out midbattle ala FFX is the dream. Where has that been for the last 20 years. That news has me very excited for this release.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-06-14 01:17:32
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
still not happy they refuse to add a proper turn based system as an option though.
I'm so used to turn based combat not being part of AAA jRPG these days anymore that frankly I can't say I'm surprised or disappointed anymore.

In this light, I think the "classic" mode they added in FF7R (probably very late in the dev stage) was quite THE missed chance.
Hopefully they will give more thought about it in this new title and make it a better option.

I don't expect Classic mode to turn FF7x games into proper turn games, but surely they gotta give more purpose to it if they really want it to matter.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2023-06-14 03:31:49
Link | Citer | R

what I am hoping to see is being able to load data from part 1. carry over weapons and items. start at same level you are when you beat part 1 wich was 38 I think? would be cool to carry over lvl 50 if you got that.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-06-14 22:52:45
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
what I am hoping to see is being able to load data from part 1. carry over weapons and items. start at same level you are when you beat part 1 wich was 38 I think? would be cool to carry over lvl 50 if you got that.

Yeah, I would like the same thing but I have my doubts that they will implement it.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2023-06-14 22:54:20
Link | Citer | R

You'll probably get some marginal items and maybe an outfit or two but I doubt you're getting major things from Part 1 data.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [92 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-09-14 16:31:48
Link | Citer | R

New Rebirth trailer just dropped! Will upload shortly when it shows up on YouTube.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 ... 13 14 15