Controller Working In Windows But Not Ingame

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Controller working in Windows but not ingame
Controller working in Windows but not ingame
By Saphirweapon 2018-01-07 05:47:33
Link | Citer | R

Hello at first : )

I was reinstalling FFXI after quite a while yesterday. I tried several Controllers to get working but without success. While the controllers (PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One Pad) works perfectly within windows 10 and also within the FFXI Pad Config tool (EU+US), when i go ingame it doesnt recognisze all of them. Not a single Button is working.

Any Ideas how to solve that ?

Thanks in advance !
 Asura.Verbannt
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-01-07 07:03:36
Link | Citer | R

So you can try going into Tools ToolsUS and ToolsEU and find the xinput.dll and remove them, save them in seperate folders so you can restore them if you need, but every time I have had that issue removing xinput in all the tools folder has allowed me to use all the buttons like it used to.
By Saphirweapon 2018-01-07 07:36:56
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the hint, sadly that didnt change anything. Still there isnt working any button ingame.

I dont know if it matters: I cant disable the auto-lock when starting a fight aswell. The game just ignores when i change that in the ingame config.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2018-01-07 07:43:35
Link | Citer | R

sometimes the code gets a bit screwy for me i ave NA client and only EU config applies to my game so try the other regions
By Saphirweapon 2018-01-07 07:47:54
Link | Citer | R

I have configured the pad within both eu-tools AND Us-tools and the pad is working perfectly in both and i can map all buttons and triggers. Just ingame realy no single button works.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-01-07 09:25:03
Link | Citer | R

With POL config or FFXI config? There's literally both, you need the latter.

Side note, and probably not applicable but I'll mention it anyway: Some people have had to manually install the "360 controller for windows" driver to get x-input controllers working properly for them, but if I recall correctly it doesn't even work for them in config, but as a last ditch effort I guess go for it.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2018-01-07 09:25:23
Link | Citer | R

try the jp one as well i had all sorts of shenanigans happen lol
 Bismarck.Lucried
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Lucried
By Bismarck.Lucried 2018-01-07 15:09:06
Link | Citer | R

are you using windower? if so then go to edit-> game-> and put the always enable controller pad to off and redo your ffxi config and give that a try.
[+]
By Saphirweapon 2018-01-07 16:01:33
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for all the replys : )

For now i could fix the problem by reinstalling the game. Windower could not have been the cause of the problem as the controllers werent working with and without it.

Still the thing with auto-lock still persists. Really strange.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2018-01-07 16:05:00
Link | Citer | R

The config plugin actually overrides your setting on that, if you're using it. Type //config and look for BattleAutoTarget. If it's set to true, type //config BattleAutoTarget false (it's case sensitive). Name is a bit misleading, but I'm pretty sure that's what it's for.
By Saphirweapon 2018-01-08 11:56:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cair said: »
The config plugin actually overrides your setting on that, if you're using it. Type //config and look for BattleAutoTarget. If it's set to true, type //config BattleAutoTarget false (it's case sensitive). Name is a bit misleading, but I'm pretty sure that's what it's for.

Thanks for that ! Worked like a charm : )
 Leviathan.Cjm
Serveur: Leviathan
user: cjm
By Leviathan.Cjm 2018-01-09 02:11:43
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Lucried said: »
are you using windower? if so then go to edit-> game-> and put the always enable controller pad to off and redo your ffxi config and give that a try.

I had similar problem with my controller and stumbled across this button, too bad it was after I did a full re-install. It worked for me thankfully.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-01-09 06:01:48
Link | Citer | R

Controller issues are a common issue with ffxi.
If your controller is plainly not working in game, but works in FFXI Config when setting it up:
While under gamepad settings:
Hit the very bottom "default setting" for config, this should enable camera/movement options. Then proceed to manually change the hot keys to what you desire.

Windower:
Other than "turn off gamepad always on", no clue.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [668 days between previous and next post]
By Jamesdaman550 2019-11-08 14:50:34
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if anyone still needs help with this, but I found a fix. It was an issue with the default user on windower. As soon as I created a new user in windower, the controller starting working in game. :D
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [932 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Jezard
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Dre
By Bahamut.Jezard 2022-05-28 16:57:42
Link | Citer | R

Been trying to come back recently and can't get my PS4 controller working. I never had a issue with it before. It does the same thing wired or wireless. I can set it up find in the config but when I get into the game only the joystick and D-pad work. None of the face buttons or triggers do. Rarely one of the face buttons will register when pressed.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-05-28 17:00:04
Link | Citer | R

Someone may have better insight in to making a PS4 controller work, but I do know SE has stated they do not support Bluetooth Controllers for either FFXI or FFXIV.

From my understanding the PS4 controller can work wired if you delete the controller driver, disconnect it from bluetooth. Then plug it in and set it up as a solely wired controller.
 Bahamut.Jezard
By Bahamut.Jezard 2022-05-28 17:02:50
Link | Citer | R

I have no issues playing FFXIV while wireless with PS4. I use to play XI with no issues also wireless.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2022-05-28 17:22:22
Link | Citer | R

if it's working in config and not in game you're likely using the wrong "config"
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-05-28 17:26:46
Link | Citer | R

Highly relevant bug report perhaps: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forum.php?_ga=2.257760395.1452219321.1653758165-1877050243.1643823094#threads/59533
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2022-05-29 03:24:34
Link | Citer | R

Your link is broken
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-05-29 06:59:08
Link | Citer | R

Tha
Asura.Crevox said: »

That link works fine here.
By Jetackuu 2022-05-29 09:54:43
Link | Citer | R

Just goes to the forum main page.
 Lakshmi.Kinjite
By Lakshmi.Kinjite 2022-05-29 11:34:55
Link | Citer | R

For what its worth I had the same problem..I went to Walmart and got an Xbox enhanced wired controller, plugged it in and worked perfectly right out of the box on windows 10
 Bahamut.Jezard
By Bahamut.Jezard 2022-05-29 21:17:43
Link | Citer | R

Yea I give up and just going to go get a Xbox controller. It works in POL and every other game but once FFXI loads up only can get the Dpad and sticks to work. It has to be something with windows 11.
 Asura.Lobbi
user: Lobby
By Asura.Lobbi 2022-05-30 12:59:58
Link | Citer | R

Previous link fix: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/59533
By Jetackuu 2022-05-30 18:31:57
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jezard said: »
Yea I give up and just going to go get a Xbox controller. It works in POL and every other game but once FFXI loads up only can get the Dpad and sticks to work. It has to be something with windows 11.
POL and XI have different configurations/settings, if it is working in XI config and not in game then 99% chance you are using the wrong config file for the version that is being launched. There's a US config and EU, and I think still a generic one (checks, yup). The simplest thing would be to configure all 3.

As for that article: it doesn't appear to be related as you aren't experiencing those symptoms, however worse case scenario you could manually uninstall your driver and manually install the 360 controller for windows driver. That being said: by default the PS4 controller is a directinput controller, not a x-input device, unless the driver you are using for it is redirecting it, so the above may be moot depending on what exactly it is you're doing. However I reemphasize that if it's working in tools then it should be working in game. For instance: I configure mine with ToolsUS, as well I run the US version of the game.
 Bahamut.Jezard
By Bahamut.Jezard 2022-05-31 07:31:57
Link | Citer | R

I tried all the config tools and doesn't change a thing. The only difference from before was I was using windows 10 and didn't have any issues. I am having the exact same issues trying to get the PS4 controller working with my windows 11 laptop also.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-05-31 08:22:54
Link | Citer | R

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/59533-XInput-not-working-when-wireless-%28Xbox-One-Controller%29-Only-FF-11-impacted

SE's mobile client got me