Forum » FFXI » General » Ballista 60 cap
Ballista 60 cap
 Asura.Karppa
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2017-12-24 08:36:30
Link | Citer | R

Any chance? we could try make diorama LS Ballista Grp 60 cap I so miss those days <3 if so Imma make Balli LS got 2 chars Gnus and Karppa sent tell in game if u r interested <3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef-iiuETZa8&feature=youtu.be
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2017-12-24 19:09:12
Link | Citer | R

None answered so far C'mon guys its all about fun, not who has biggest ??? ya no gear change and no scripts but, thats the way it is, all players should be equals u have to know how to play your job, thats what Ballista is... all about teamwork not... ego ***...
 Fenrir.Kut
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2017-12-24 19:25:36
Link | Citer | R

K
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-12-24 19:46:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Karppa said: »
all players should be equals u have to know how to play your job, thats what Ballista is... all about teamwork not... ego ***...
Ballista is about Sam/Nins and Sleepga spam.
Get it right.
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2017-12-24 19:53:45
Link | Citer | R

Just want ppls to join.... Ballista can be many things depends on team.. so lets have some fun :D
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2017-12-24 20:14:18
Link | Citer | R

LS Consierge have pearls if anyone wanna grab it :P
name is Ballista exitment
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-24 23:06:43
Link | Citer | R

No

Make it uncapped with gear swaps and you'll get 75 thirsty players. No gear changing?

*walks out of thread*
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2017-12-25 18:23:58
Link | Citer | R

Cant't... gear changin has penalty you should know it by the all ppls who have played balli...I think I remember u from Fenrir I played as Gnus. but I can ask SE to remove gear changin penalty if thats is all about?and I know it never gonna happen....
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2017-12-27 10:20:46
Link | Citer | R

Uncapped ballista is a disaster and will never be viable again. Ballista is a relic of the lvl 75 cap era and scaled to the power level of the respective item and player stats at each cap. The stat vomit on ilvl gear is far too powerful for player HP pools. It was never intended to work around 8-10k damage weaponskills or 5k single target and 3500 danage aoe nukes.

However, the lvl 60 cap is still and always will be pretty respectably balanced. I'd love to run some 60 cap games for old tines sake, but I haven't much hope in it ever happening. In order for a match to be decent you really need at least a 5 v 5 or 6 v 6 scenario. With too few bodies on each side the strengths and weaknesses of each job become too apparent, and individual players have too much influence on the outcome. With a decent head count the team itself becomes more relevant.

Lvl 60 cap ballista only happens two days in any given week during NA prime hours, and interest died out years ago when a large portion of the community became toxic and started leaving/intentionally throwing matches. That was roughly 6-7 years ago, and since then much of the old crew quit ffxi or moved on. If there was a way to rekindle enough interest to get a few 60 cap games going during prime hours I'd be happy to participate, but I fear the barriers to make that happen are far too high in ffxi's present state.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-27 10:40:16
Link | Citer | R

Uncapped is severely unbalanced, but if your idea is to get people to participate, nearly nobody outside of the very small dwindling remnant niche ballista community would dare play. It's too much of a hassle for an average non Ballista player to be 60 cap restricted and have to learn wha works and doesn't work. The advantage of the longtime ballista crew is that they always did 60 cap, so we understand the ins and outs of strategy and how to play well. You won't be able to garner public 60 cap support because their crutch is their (1) gear (stated above) and (2) their tricks, JPs, and again, high end gear.

Just giving the deal. Far too many people have tried to drum up 60 cap interest, and it never goes anywhere. Invite the uncapped crowd for a ffa and let it be. Otherwise, have fun with the 3v3 60 cap.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-27 10:40:16
Link | Citer | R

Uncapped is severely unbalanced, but if your idea is to get people to participate, nearly nobody outside of the very small dwindling remnant niche ballista community would dare play. It's too much of a hassle for an average non Ballista player to be 60 cap restricted and have to learn wha works and doesn't work. The advantage of the longtime ballista crew is that they always did 60 cap, so we understand the ins and outs of strategy and how to play well. You won't be able to garner public 60 cap support because their crutch is their (1) gear (stated above) and (2) their tricks, JPs, and again, high end gear.

Just giving the deal. Far too many people have tried to drum up 60 cap interest, and it never goes anywhere. Invite the uncapped crowd for a ffa and let it be. Otherwise, have fun with the 3v3 60 cap.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2017-12-28 19:12:17
Link | Citer | R

Honestly gearing for lvl 60 cap equipment isn't that hard, it's just the matter of getting physical bodies that's impossible. Most of the rare/ex items are easily farmable now that old lvl capped content is soloable, and the crafting cap increase has broken any tiers on crafted gear, Chatoyant staff, HQ lvl 54 rings, mission gear, artifact equipment, all reasonable to attain. However... you still need to have people attending. A 3 versus 3 match is just not fun at all because its simply too lopsided. One team gets a war, sam, and ranger and the other gets a blm, whm, and a pup? Well GG, the job balance already dictates who won that matchup. Similarly if a 3 v 3 has similar jobs but the players on one side have far superior skills the matchup is an auto concede for the lesser skilled players.

The reason old 60 cap was viable and fun was because it was regularly a matchup of 6 versus 6, 8 versus 8, or even 12 versus 12 (often more). Hell I still remember one very specific and memorable 22 v 22 Pashow match from back on Fenrir on a Saturday in JP prime hours (crazy game that one, over 400 petras scored both sides). The point is having a large enough number of players on each side balances the teams pretty well, and that was the reason the event was viable. You simply cannot replicate that ever again. Even if you could get interest it would be short lived, and when the attention span dropped the event would die off instantly all over again. The scheduling issues only further compound difficulty in getting people to show (One week NA prime is Tuesday, next its Sunday, then Saturday, then Thursday etc etc). It just isn't sustainable with the current state of FFXI's dwindled interest and populace on a whole.
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2017-12-31 13:18:33
Link | Citer | R

Good times

Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2017-12-31 13:25:35
Link | Citer | R

My alt G :D
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2017-12-31 13:32:01
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2017-12-31 23:34:21
Link | Citer | R

That however, made me smile. Thanks. Happy New year to all.