Dynamis-Divergence Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 28 29 30
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-11-13 21:11:26
Link | Citer | R

No screenshot because I goofed and forgot about it, but we got Volte Brais from a Minstrel Commander NM.
Serveur: Asura
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-13 22:00:08
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone found the 2nd 30 min time extension? Doesn't seem like Halphas or the Goblin NM aurix drop it. Maybe a specific statue? Or another mob that has yet to be discovered? Maybe the 2nd time extension is only available before fighting the Boss? Just speculation.
 Shiva.Siviard
Serveur: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-11-13 22:03:19
Link | Citer | R

Just did a run with my LS as PUP. Some fun facts.

PUP is an excellent puller with a tanking Automaton. The puppet can easily hold multiple mobs while the alliance preps to sleep them as all mobs spawned have immediate hate on the Automaton.

The NIN Commander (Kyasuba?) Mijin Gakure can be avoided by having the Automaton tank it on top of the stairs leading up to the Fountain in front of the Mog House. We had several mages within Mijin Gakure range but did not get hit by it when it went off at 13%

Minstrel Commander is BRD / SAM. Noticed Meikyo going off at 15%

Hunter Commander is RNG / BST, summons a Manticore pet. Easily slept.

Cannonneer Commander is COR / SCH. Noticed a Kaustra and a Luminohelix being cast on my Automaton.
[+]
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2017-11-13 23:20:48
Link | Citer | R

Yarkhushta cannot be avoided with height. We tried fighting boss near stairs with mages up top.

Also we got a volte cap from a NM spawned from red eye statue.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-11-13 23:32:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Warusha said: »
Yarkhushta cannot be avoided with height. We tried fighting boss near stairs with mages up top.

There's your mistake.

We fought the NM at the top of the stairs. The mages were down the stairs in the direction of the armor shop in Southern Sandy.

The mages were BELOW the NM and were well within Mijin Gakure's range but were not hit by it. The only ones that were hit were those meleeing the NM.

***ninja edit*** - I'm referring to the NIN Commander NM whose name I can't recall. Not Halphas. We did start fighting Halphas, but we timed out with him at 65%.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-11-13 23:40:51
Link | Citer | R

How does darkness damage fare on Halphas? I watched your video, Ejiin, and saw water doing well, but was a bit confused as to why the COR wasn't extending Distortion to Darkness with Leaden. Was it just for the sake of safety at such low HP values or does darkness damage fall far behind?
By clearlyamule 2017-11-13 23:46:46
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Good point. Ard would have had 36~42% PDT(umbra cape), and SS. No BRD or SMN so neither of those buffs.

I'd had this vague recollection of a nerf to AoE where only the target took full damage. Which is how I was explaining it to myself. But then I looked up the update notes for that nerf, and it was only for specific Voidwatch NMs.
Wasn't VW AoE nerf forever and a day ago? You are probably remembering the more recent ones. First just in legion areas. Then all areas
SE said:
Ambuscade and Legion monsters have undergone the following adjustments.

•A system has been introduced in which the damage taken from elemental area of effect abilities used by monsters against entities other than the main target will be decreased.
SE said:
The system in which the damage of certain area of effect special abilities used by monsters is decreased against non-primary targets has been introduced to all areas

Anyways this is physical so shouldn't be effected and the loupon dmg assuming it was near pet pdt looks about right so guess pdif is just a hell of a drug and he got lucky
By Afania 2017-11-14 00:16:12
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
How does darkness damage fare on Halphas?

I couldnt do very high. But there is a chance that I just didnt have enough macc since I lost my stewpot early, or need more macc in gears, or theres some unknown mechanic lowering the dmg. Since its proven on mid boss that for some unknown reasons leaden dmg can tank in one run then hit capped dmg in another.

I wouldnt be surprised if someone else with more macc buffs/gear/food pop higher leadens than my lol couple thousand dmg leadens.

Also Halphas may have some sort of enmity decay mechanics similar to omen mid boss. It went after me couple of times despite I really wasnt really doing much dmg. If thats the case, leaden could be dangerous if it hits much harder.
By Darksparksnot 2017-11-14 02:35:00
Link | Citer | R

For those who killed aurix, did before clearing adds from statue or after? Warped on us after trash was killed and did a darkness on him.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2017-11-14 05:39:20
Link | Citer | R

How does darkness damage fare on Halphas? I watched your video, Ejiin, and saw water doing well, but was a bit confused as to why the COR wasn't extending Distortion to Darkness with Leaden. Was it just for the sake of safety at such low HP values or does darkness damage fall far behind?

I was 4boxing the COR, so was just more focused on BLM + GEO and running in/out after each SC to reduce risk of a backline wipe. In retrospect, I could have easily done tact roll and extended the SC when TP was ready for extra MBs.

For GEO, we found it's possible for them to stand at around 25.5-26 and be safe from AoE, but their indi will still cover the BLM when they run to 20.5 to nuke.

Halphas doesn't have MP, so some form of refresh or MP recovery is recommended.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-11-14 05:50:57
Link | Citer | R

Didn't know you were 4-boxing, that certainly explains the need to focus more heavily on the raw damage dealers. Tactician's would definitely be great for chain extensions and also MP management for the mages with Myrkr.

In terms of magic accuracy, did you encounter any issues? With 2 GEOs, I'd assume you had most magic buffs/debuffs covered.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2017-11-14 06:03:59
Link | Citer | R

We had 1 GEO, so only had indi-focus and Luopan was fulltime BoG/EA Malaise. COR rolls were Warlock's and Wizard's. With food it seemed like enough to hit the 20K/MB average. I used my standard full damage MB set without any AF+3.

If we were to kill it again, at the bare minimum, I'd take 2 BLM, 2 GEO and a COR. indifocus/indiacumen + BoG/EA Lang/Malaise, Wizard's roll and Tact's roll, and COR would extend Distortion SC like you suggested to allow for extra MBs.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-11-14 06:16:37
Link | Citer | R

I'm being particularly scatter-brained tonight, apologies on that. It's very good to hear that the macc requirements seem quite low, though. I'd say your minimum setup would easily push killtime down significantly. Appreciate you sharing the setup to help others.
[+]
By Justuas 2017-11-14 06:32:22
Link | Citer | R

Could op update the important findings to his post? Too lazy to read 5+ pages. Don't do the same mistake Shadowlina did.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-11-14 07:53:22
Link | Citer | R

Darksparksnot said: »
For those who killed aurix, did before clearing adds from statue or after? Warped on us after trash was killed and did a darkness on him.

Ordered shell to pounce immediately. Didnt wait and ate an aoe from the statue.it seems focused attention from melee at his spawn will be sufficient.

Note: the colorless eye statue he spawned from was in the grass directly south west of the midboss statue location, it spawned in the zone repop.
 Carbuncle.Allyzon
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Nathoo
By Carbuncle.Allyzon 2017-11-14 07:55:44
Link | Citer | R

Is there only 1 TE? I have not been able to find more other than the mega boss...
By Darksparksnot 2017-11-14 07:57:18
Link | Citer | R

In front of ah right? We also got him there but dont remember if blind statue or colored. Maybe run after x amount of time.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-11-14 08:40:12
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Good point. Ard would have had 36~42% PDT(umbra cape), and SS. No BRD or SMN so neither of those buffs.

I'd had this vague recollection of a nerf to AoE where only the target took full damage. Which is how I was explaining it to myself. But then I looked up the update notes for that nerf, and it was only for specific Voidwatch NMs.
Wasn't VW AoE nerf forever and a day ago? You are probably remembering the more recent ones. First just in legion areas. Then all areas
SE said:
Ambuscade and Legion monsters have undergone the following adjustments.

•A system has been introduced in which the damage taken from elemental area of effect abilities used by monsters against entities other than the main target will be decreased.
SE said:
The system in which the damage of certain area of effect special abilities used by monsters is decreased against non-primary targets has been introduced to all areas

Anyways this is physical so shouldn't be effected and the loupon dmg assuming it was near pet pdt looks about right so guess pdif is just a hell of a drug and he got lucky
Hmm. So my vague recollection was actually correct(kinda), my search skills just failed to support it. Except it's only for magical("elemental") AoEs? "Certain" Area of Effect abilities.. I guess that implies the all area nerf was the same as the legion one...

So Ard's survival continues to be a mystery. WHM so tough.
 Odin.Geriond
Serveur: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-14 08:58:42
Link | Citer | R

Is it possible Ard shield blocked it?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-11-14 09:04:01
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Geriond said: »
Is it possible Ard shield blocked it?
For a second there I was all /mindblown, and Ard was wearing a shield... Then I recalled the *** Avoidance Down aura, and its huge range. I'm pretty sure ard was in aura range, so he shouldn't have been able to block.
 Odin.Geriond
Serveur: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-14 09:41:14
Link | Citer | R

Perhaps it's multiple hits, and Arduwyn dodged one of the hits, or Blink can eat one of the hits and reduce the damage accordingly.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-11-14 13:03:52
Link | Citer | R

Nothing in the zone has charm/charmga, right?
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2017-11-14 13:08:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Frod said: »
The Tamers can charm.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-11-14 13:52:05
Link | Citer | R

The tamers can charm even with their pet alive, as well.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-14 15:10:19
Link | Citer | R

The tamers can charm even with their pet alive, as well.
bst with 2 pets!?! OP nerf please
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-11-14 17:36:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Frod said: »

I’ve only noticed single target Charm. Not an AoE Charm.

Automaton tanks make Charm irrelevant, though.
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-14 23:41:15
Link | Citer | R

Updated BG Wiki Dynamis-Divergence information: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Dynamis_-_Divergence
 Shiva.Cziella
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2017-11-15 00:59:26
Link | Citer | R

on BG wiki it says: It appears the mobs only use the first 15 jobs (not BLU, COR, PUP, DNC, SCH, RUN, GEO).

There is an orc that's named something something Pirate, and uses Kaustra/Helix spells, so that's def a SCH
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-11-15 01:08:13
Link | Citer | R

the pirate is a dual cor(or rng?)/sch uses ranged attacks and casts spells including the above

The Enchanter is dual RDM/RUN, it did RUN 2 hr
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 28 29 30