Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis-Divergence Findings
Dynamis-Divergence Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 28 29 30
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-12-12 00:41:32
Link | Citer | R

Starting map for Dynamis-Bastok [D]. Only pre-mini boss layout from what I've done. Still a WIP.

[+]
 Cerberus.Resetti
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2017-12-12 01:39:00
Link | Citer | R

Alright we did our first Bastok run today and our ls may have figured something out with how damage works in Bastok. We always go in with my Gastra Rng and with a DP Cor. In sandy we normally pull all blu and spam trueflight and leaden for quick kills. In Bastok when we pulled a blue statue damage was less for Leaden but was still big damage. The big difference was that Trueflight was never good damage and was about 1k damage. We then proceeded to pull a green statue but this time Leaden took a big hit in damage (1k) and Trueflight doing the big damage. We tried a few other weapon skills like Wildfire on a blue enemy for terrible damage and good on green. We think the statue eye colors determine what weapon skill affinity affect damage.If this is true then blue eyes will take more damage based on Darkness (Distortion, Gravitation, and tier 1's) by physical/magical weapon skill or elemental magic and green eyes take more damage based on Light(Fusion, Fragmentation, and t1's)by physical/magical weapon skill or elemental damage. Can someone help verify this? Also a side note is we never fought a red eyes or Aurix this run but judging from the Sandy and Bastok zone bosses the damage should be neutral.

Hope this helps.

Also! After zone boss kill there is a red eye statue at the Alchemy Guild and one in the Dead end alley just south of the guild.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-12-12 01:41:57
Link | Citer | R

Just to add, quadav boss used at least PLD RUN DRK MNK and I think SAM 1 hours.

Asura.Geriond said: »
Would a melee strat with going balls to the wall with haste buffs to counteract his slow aura work, do you think? SV March x3, and Idris Geo-Haste?

Aura is pretty terrible, but if you try to counter it with haste buffs and melee it, bring something else to counteract Wrath of Gu'da or w/e that move is called. It will wreck things.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-12-12 01:49:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »
No time extension from Quadav Mega Boss? If not, anyone found the 2nd time extension?

Nope to first part of your question.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-12-12 03:14:58
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
No time extension from Quadav Mega Boss? If not, anyone found the 2nd time extension?

Nope to first part of your question.

Damn wonder what the patch notes saying about Dynamis-Sandy [D} having a 3rd wave of enemies after Mega Boss is defeated. Has anyone beat Halphas post patch to see if new mobs pop or if a time extension is granted?
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-12-12 03:27:02
Link | Citer | R

Updated wiki with Dynamis-Bastok [D} info:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Dynamis_-_Bastok_(D)

Would like to confirm information on the following:

1) What is the pet name/type that spawn from Regiment Quadav BSTs?

2) What is the name of the Mid-Boss statue NM?

3) What is the name of the Mega Boss Quadav NM?

4) What is the position of where the Mega Boss Quadav NM spawns?

5) Are the titles for the mid-boss and mega boss respectively: Dynamis-Bastok [D] Trespasser and Dynamis-Bastok [D] Infiltrator?
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-12-12 05:10:52
Link | Citer | R

The position of the MB Quadav is right outside mog house where you'd get outpost warp in the present. It's true about the title wins that you receive.
 Bahamut.Anesti
By Bahamut.Anesti 2017-12-12 15:08:42
Link | Citer | R

Pets that i noticed were bee's and fly's.

4) What is the position of where the Mega Boss Quadav NM spawns?
Spawns right in front of the MogHouse, right in the center before you can turn the corner. There were not any mobs past him.

5) Are the titles for the mid-boss and mega boss respectively: Dynamis-Bastok [D] Trespasser and Dynamis-Bastok [D] Infiltrator?
Can confirm "Dynamis-Bastok [D] Infiltrator" for beating the megaboss.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-12-12 22:44:11
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Resetti said: »
Alright we did our first Bastok run today and our ls may have figured something out with how damage works in Bastok. We always go in with my Gastra Rng and with a DP Cor. In sandy we normally pull all blu and spam trueflight and leaden for quick kills. In Bastok when we pulled a blue statue damage was less for Leaden but was still big damage. The big difference was that Trueflight was never good damage and was about 1k damage. We then proceeded to pull a green statue but this time Leaden took a big hit in damage (1k) and Trueflight doing the big damage. We tried a few other weapon skills like Wildfire on a blue enemy for terrible damage and good on green. We think the statue eye colors determine what weapon skill affinity affect damage.If this is true then blue eyes will take more damage based on Darkness (Distortion, Gravitation, and tier 1's) by physical/magical weapon skill or elemental magic and green eyes take more damage based on Light(Fusion, Fragmentation, and t1's)by physical/magical weapon skill or elemental damage. Can someone help verify this?
I can confirm this. We have just finished our run and the blue eyes were weak to the dark-aligned elements and the green eyes to the light-aligned ones, from both spells and weaponskills. No physical damage reduction has been verified in both colors.

Bahamut.Anesti said: »
Can't say about Regiment mobs, but we found a NM which spawned a gnat.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-12-12 23:32:55
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Alexcennah said: »
Cerberus.Resetti said: »
Alright we did our first Bastok run today and our ls may have figured something out with how damage works in Bastok. We always go in with my Gastra Rng and with a DP Cor. In sandy we normally pull all blu and spam trueflight and leaden for quick kills. In Bastok when we pulled a blue statue damage was less for Leaden but was still big damage. The big difference was that Trueflight was never good damage and was about 1k damage. We then proceeded to pull a green statue but this time Leaden took a big hit in damage (1k) and Trueflight doing the big damage. We tried a few other weapon skills like Wildfire on a blue enemy for terrible damage and good on green. We think the statue eye colors determine what weapon skill affinity affect damage.If this is true then blue eyes will take more damage based on Darkness (Distortion, Gravitation, and tier 1's) by physical/magical weapon skill or elemental magic and green eyes take more damage based on Light(Fusion, Fragmentation, and t1's)by physical/magical weapon skill or elemental damage. Can someone help verify this?
I can confirm this. We have just finished our run and the blue eyes were weak to the dark-aligned elements and the green eyes to the light-aligned ones, from both spells and weaponskills. No physical damage reduction has been verified in both colors.

Bahamut.Anesti said: »
Can't say about Regiment mobs, but we found a NM which spawned a gnat.

Thanks for the info. Interesting that the eye statue colors might be unique in properties for each zone.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-12-13 01:59:19
Link | Citer | R

Yes, I can confirm the elemental weaknesses applying to the statue eye color. Updated map and wiki details with information.

[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-12-13 10:35:30
Link | Citer | R

Anyone figure out how elemental weakness works on the megaboss yet?

When we did him, he seemed to rotate absorbing / resisting various elements.

At first, wind was the only element that worked (thunder was resisted to extremely low damage), but after a while wind started to heal him and we had to change to thunder which started working better. After a while of that, thunder healed him and we had to use blizzard.

We didn't probe a lot beyond that because we were mostly a physical setup. The addle aura is just as bad as the slow aura, so I don't know that one method will end up being favored over the other.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-12-14 18:23:29
Link | Citer | R

Ka'Rho unique moves:
Hell Whirl: High physical damage AoE + Bind
Ore Hurl: Cone attack physical damage + 2 debuffs (Defense Down and Magic Defense Down I think?)
Thousand Fists: Hundred Fists + various en-debuffs (Poison, Blind, Plague, Silence, Paralyze)

The Slow aura isn't really a problem with SV Marchs and Indi-Haste.
Hell Whirl coupled with The Wrath of Gu'Dha (Gravity + Knockback) can be a dangerous combo if people are not correctly positioned.
Full Break overwrites Shell Guard.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-12-14 21:20:40
Link | Citer | R

Finally saw the names of the mid-boss and mega boss: Mu'Sha Effigy and Ka'Rho Fearsinger. That glowing diamond turtle shell for the mega boss looks sick. Is that a new effect or did a previous model use that same shell? And the jumping tp attack looks funny. Quadav HNM got hops >.>.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-12-14 23:53:28
Link | Citer | R

Updated Dynamis-Bastok [D] wiki on bluegartr and map with more layout info. Both Map 1 and map 2:

[+]
 Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2017-12-15 02:01:53
Link | Citer | R

you can find a red eyes at the alchemy guild also
 Sylph.Wardeniv
Serveur: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniv 2017-12-15 07:19:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Anyone figure out how elemental weakness works on the megaboss yet?

Unless there is a gimmick where elemental nukes do tremendous damage to the wave 2 boss, a straight physical zerg seems to be just fine, and probably hard to beat at that.

We killed it Wednesday in three minutes with a classic zerg. People started getting nuked <25% to Hell Whirl and other TP moves, but being in a hybrid set seems to make it negligible for those who had such a set. There is a nice little alcove with some barrels where you can tank/fight him and not get knocked back by his Wrath equivalent move. You definitely do not need as many people as we have here - we weren't really intending on killing him the first run, so a setup that's optimized for killing him with fewer people is certainly possible. I don't think we even had bolster up because we used it on the baby boss, so he could easily be killed with the six correct jobs - probably even less if you have a SMN zerg or something.

Here is a copy of the run. Wave 2 boss buffing starts at around 1:39:00.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/209355474
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-12-15 10:59:22
Link | Citer | R

Finally saw the names of the mid-boss and mega boss: Mu'Sha Effigy and Ka'Rho Fearsinger. That glowing diamond turtle shell for the mega boss looks sick. Is that a new effect or did a previous model use that same shell? And the jumping tp attack looks funny. Quadav HNM got hops >.>.
That visual effect was used in Unafraid of the Dark as well (Shadow Lord master trial). The 3 beastmen in there gain damage reduction auras if you don't deal enough of the right kind of damage to them (slashing for Orc, piercing for Yag, blunt for Quad) and the aura is accompanied by that same visual effect. I don't recall seeing it anywhere else before that.

Looks like the Dyna-D megabosses gain this same visual effect around 50% HP, although I agree the Quadav one looks particularly awesome. The Orc aura you've probably seen if you've done Halphas, it's just a rainbow glow. I don't recall what the Yagudo one looks like.

Sylph.Wardeniv said: »
Unless there is a gimmick where elemental nukes do tremendous damage to the wave 2 boss, a straight physical zerg seems to be just fine, and probably hard to beat at that.
Even at the best times, elemental nukes weren't impressive. I was just wondering if anyone figured out what the weird mechanic was.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-12-16 08:03:43
Link | Citer | R

Looking for info for relic hands +2/+3 upgrade materials and count to update the template that does our reforged pages over at BG Wiki. Thanks and sorry if I missed it being posted but glancing over the last few pages I didn't see anything.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-12-16 09:03:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pergatory said: »
That visual effect was used in Unafraid of the Dark as well (Shadow Lord master trial). The 3 beastmen in there gain damage reduction auras if you don't deal enough of the right kind of damage to them (slashing for Orc, piercing for Yag, blunt for Quad) and the aura is accompanied by that same visual effect. I don't recall seeing it anywhere else before that.

Looks like the Dyna-D megabosses gain this same visual effect around 50% HP, although I agree the Quadav one looks particularly awesome. The Orc aura you've probably seen if you've done Halphas, it's just a rainbow glow. I don't recall what the Yagudo one looks like.

The stronghold bcnm in past beadeaux used the same effect too as well (same guy as the shadow lord fight technically).
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-16 09:20:31
Link | Citer | R

So, what's the best way to kill Halphas at this point?

Melee with EA/Scherzo? Magic with EA/Scherzo? Magic with abusing height differences somewhere?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-21 22:05:42
Link | Citer | R

There are two red eyes at the exit to South Gustaberg after the mid boss clear, one is the RNG / BST and forgot what the other is.
By swordwiz 2017-12-22 00:44:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Looking for info for relic hands +2/+3 upgrade materials and count to update the template that does our reforged pages over at BG Wiki. Thanks and sorry if I missed it being posted but glancing over the last few pages I didn't see anything.

Sch hands +2 are 2 Handshards:Sch, 3 Bztavian Stingers and 1 Fragment of cyan coral

Sch hands +3 are 3 Handshards:Sch, 3 Void handwear:sch and 3 macuil plating's
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-12-23 07:15:39
Link | Citer | R

swordwiz said: »
Asura.Chiaia said: »

Sch hands +2 are 2 Handshards:Sch, 3 Bztavian Stingers and 1 Fragment of cyan coral

Sch hands +3 are 3 Handshards:Sch, 3 Void handwear:sch and 3 macuil plating's
Thanks for info. Templates have been updated which have updated the pages over at the wiki.
 Asura.Jackii
user: Sonja
By Asura.Jackii 2018-01-05 18:30:27
Link | Citer | R

Last night during our dynamis bastok run we were near what would be Deegis's Armour and we were aggroed from below. A wipe followed and while I was attempting to raise people who were dead right around that corner when I would move up to them to make sure they were safe to get up they completely disappeared from my screen. I was unable to target them as if they had HPd and were no longer in the zone. I was not the only person in my alliance who experienced this, however I am unsure if everyone experienced this since they were accusing us who could not see everyone else as "must have clipped into someone else's instance". (I did not move my dead character)

It would only happen around the corner near the boxes, once I stepped past the boxes people who were not in my party would disappear.

Just wondering if this could be a windower issue or if anyone else has experienced this before I make a bug report on the official forums.

TLDR: Certain spot in dynamis bastok allaince members disappearing offscreen... anyone else experience this?
 Sylph.Gobbo
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2018-01-08 12:38:30
Link | Citer | R

So do we have a better understanding on Aurix at this point? On our last 2 Sandy runs we've had Aurix actually just cast Warp instead of the usual Frypan -> Bail. To preface, a couple weeks ago in Bastok we had one of the Statues literally right behind the first Aurix statue become the second statue so when we were down to our last handful of statues so we were under the impression that any statue could become an Aurix Statue and force them to pop close to each other. However, The first time we saw it warp we were down to 2 statues so we thought maybe, since it would most of the time flee very quickly on the 2nd statue that if there weren't at least 3 statues left, it would just warp. The second time we saw it warp, we had like 7 statues left, so we wondered if anyone else had similar experiences or have a better understanding since last week was the first time we ever saw it actually cast Warp.

We didn't get far enough on both runs to actually see if there was an Aurix statue after mid-boss on both these runs post-Warp.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2018-01-25 22:42:48
Link | Citer | R

Besides killing mid-boss / final boss, is it worth it to kill the Commander / Leader NMs for handshards / voidhands?

We've been getting more handshards and voidhand drops at a faster rate just killing NQ mobs than actually taking the time to kill Leader/Commander NMs so far
By geigei 2018-01-26 02:44:14
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
Besides killing mid-boss / final boss, is it worth it to kill the Commander / Leader NMs for handshards / voidhands?

We've been getting more handshards and voidhand drops at a faster rate just killing NQ mobs than actually taking the time to kill Leader/Commander NMs so far

I tribox occasionally and i just skip leaders, by the time i kill 2 of those i coulda kill 30 nq.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-01-26 08:54:43
Link | Citer | R

Our group has migrated to simply blue mage cleaving all the trash with a floe>sleep>floe>sleep>crush rotation bypassing pretty much all bad ***short of occasional charms. The volume greatly outpaces the leader drops but not including them means missing out on volte/etc. having a sch do distortion > cor closing lead with 2 blms mbing makes quick work of any leaders and does not slow down the group as the rest can handle incoming pulls and trash with ease. We find that an at group tank and tank pulled to be most effective for constant meat into the grinder. We’re generally 9-12 players +- 1-3 mules

We cleared the entirety of wave 1 San D with over 20 mins on the clock with about a third of second wave. Lots of greens on second wave slows down with only 3 sources of melee damage with low buffs

Upwards 30 shards and 10? Voidfeet. Drg DNC and Drk for days
Including boss drop, just shy 700 rusted and 250 blacks. We distribute the currency to those that don’t get shards to progress on them.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-26 09:40:01
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »

Leaders don't seem to drop shards at any greater rate then regular mobs, they can drop 100's and the gear. We just avoid them and crush everything else pretty quickly.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 28 29 30