Voting #2

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Voting #2
Voting #2
By Kodaijin 2017-09-21 10:58:28
Link | Citer | R

So I am going to borrow Drakenv's idea...
Up until yesterday, I was going to make a Death Penalty for my 3rd mythic. The first 2 mythics were done for love of the job (Axe and Great Axe) and I wanted to go with something different for the 3rd. After seeing what some DP Cors were capable of, I thought that would be a fun mythic to have. Then I started thinking I would also want to get the Aeonic gun, then I realized that I'd probably use aeonic more than DP yadda yadda blah blah.
I have nearly all requirements done for the next mythic, but havent turned in the alex (have all) nor have I turned either of the other 2 grind items from Einherjar or Nyzul. I can basically go to any mythic I want, but I dont know which to pick. I'd like a fun BIS mythic.

TLDR: Need inspiration for a mythic cuz I have all req done for it (not turned in) and am second guessing my choice.

Help me pick...
1. Burtgang (PLD - I have all the shields and gear etc but dont play job much because I have better job options. Mythic could bump PLD up for a healthier end game experience)
2. Nirvana (SMN - I havent touched the job in years tho i have most of the gear just from doing events. This would be a bandwagon weapon plain and simple)
3. Death Penalty (Cor - still an option, maybe I just need verification that its worth it? idk)
4. Laevateinn (BLM - currently JPing BLM. Dont know if its worth 300m. Id be interested in feedback from current owners)
5. Tupsimati (SCH - I probably play SCH most of all but again, not sure its worth it as I never see them in use)
6. Other... any mythic owners wanna brag on their weapon about how job ehancing/changing it is?
By tyalangan 2017-09-21 11:03:03
Link | Citer | R

I'm stirring between Burt and DP. So, would like to hear thoughts, as well.
 Asura.Avallon
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-21 11:12:00
Link | Citer | R

I'm making a DP on Fay and I'm relatively new to COR. I'm enjoying the job so much I decided to go all the way with it. Well, that and I'm already making another mythic on Ava and felt it just made sense to make both mythics at the same time.

DP gets my vote.
By Kodaijin 2017-09-21 11:52:37
Link | Citer | R

which are you doing on Ava?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-21 11:53:56
Link | Citer | R

Nirvana will get you all 16 aeonics. That's a pretty good cost:gain ratio.

And you don't even need to know how to play the job to use it! Unlike the other mythics that require some effort to use properly.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-21 12:33:10
Link | Citer | R

Kodaijin said: »
which are you doing on Ava?

Next one on Ava is Terpsichore.
By BlaTheTaru 2017-09-21 12:34:29
Link | Citer | R

Nirvana for straight self worth!

DP because cor is flipping awesome. I have Foma and I rarely use it tbh. I melee 90% of the time so I am using my TP bonus gun most of the time. When we run ranged dps in omen(which is rare anymore), we would bring our DP cor and he would only change to Foma for light's with me on Rng.

Also, DP is a cannon man.... CANNON
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-21 12:37:11
Link | Citer | R

BlaTheTaru said: »
Nirvana for straight self worth!

DP because cor is flipping awesome. I have Foma and I rarely use it tbh. I melee 90% of the time so I am using my TP bonus gun most of the time. When we run ranged dps in omen(which is rare anymore), we would bring our DP cor and he would only change to Foma for light's with me on Rng.

Also, DP is a cannon man.... CANNON

Yeah, I'm recently being enlightened to the full potential of melee COR. I'm playing around with some HQ weapons a friend loaned me for testing, coincidentally. I'm not 2100 yet but it's still nice to see a new side of the job.
By BlaTheTaru 2017-09-21 12:42:01
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, it's so fun. Throwing Sam/Fighters roll on yourself and going to town with your trusts is a lot of fun. Thank you SE for Cornelia too. Before you were lucky to get any form of haste from a trust as their AI likes to cast flurry on Cor for whatever reason. zzz

Edit: I have one mythic already, but have a DP turned in myself even while owning a Foma.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-09-21 12:45:33
Link | Citer | R

I love mythics. Have a couple myself, and working on a DP right now to boot. I will say this much that I use my foma a ton on COR right now and am quite happy - being able to play in the light side of the spectrum easily is definitely worth it.

I'll also give a vote for Gastraphetes. Hands down one of my favorite weapons in game, albeit quite niche. It really only shines if your RNG has a strong physical option to pair with it like a Fomahault or Annihilator (or Gandiva), but to have that kind of power behind Trueflight is so amazing.
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-09-21 12:52:04
Link | Citer | R

Up until yesterday, I was going to make a Death Penalty for my 3rd mythic. The first 2 mythics were done for love of the job (Axe and Great Axe) and I wanted to go with something different for the 3rd. After seeing what some DP Cors were capable of, I thought that would be a fun mythic to have. Then I started thinking I would also want to get the Aeonic gun, then I realized that I'd probably use aeonic more than DP yadda yadda blah blah.
I have nearly all requirements done for the next mythic, but havent turned in the alex (have all) nor have I turned either of the other 2 grind items from Einherjar or Nyzul. I can basically go to any mythic I want, but I dont know which to pick. I'd like a fun BIS mythic.

TLDR: Need inspiration for a mythic cuz I have all req done for it (not turned in) and am second guessing my choice.

Help me pick...
1. Burtgang (PLD - I have all the shields and gear etc but dont play job much because I have better job options. Mythic could bump PLD up for a healthier end game experience)
2. Nirvana (SMN - I havent touched the job in years tho i have most of the gear just from doing events. This would be a bandwagon weapon plain and simple)
3. Death Penalty (Cor - still an option, maybe I just need verification that its worth it? idk)
4. Laevateinn (BLM - currently JPing BLM. Dont know if its worth 300m. Id be interested in feedback from current owners)
5. Tupsimati (SCH - I probably play SCH most of all but again, not sure its worth it as I never see them in use)
6. Other... any mythic owners wanna brag on their weapon about how job ehancing/changing it is?
1. Burtgang because one day I'll finish it I have all currency for the last 8 years. I'm just too lazy to do quests. That's my opinion.
By clearlyamule 2017-09-21 13:01:56
Link | Citer | R

DP so you can say you DPd mobs to death
[+]
By Kodaijin 2017-09-21 13:16:56
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »
DP so you can say you DPd mobs to death

Finally, someone with some logic.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-21 13:22:04
Link | Citer | R

Help me pick...

I would narrow down between death penalty and nirvana. I too am debating to do a mythic or not. I have a feeling if I start nirvana they will nerf summoner...cause I have bad luck.
[+]
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2017-09-21 13:51:38
Link | Citer | R

As far as some input from a Mythic BLM goes, I'd say it depends on your budget. Right now BLM either needs lots of support or some expensive SU3 gear to function properly. Macc has been a pretty big issue since the GEO nerf, however with AF+3 feet, hands and SU3 HQ head, body, legs and 90 Macc food... I don't have issues hitting stuff anymore. That being said Lathi is BiS with the proper bursting setup if you can't activate AM2. In Omen, Laevateinn allows you to hit 30k ws with Vidohunir! Overall I'd say don't go for BLM mythic unless you want to upgrade a lot of other gear along side it. It is pretty cool killing Kei with 1 SCH 1 GEO 1 BLM though.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Serveur: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-21 13:56:59
Link | Citer | R

Dnc's Terpsichore is Beastly for a Dagger. The WS is very strong with minimal buffs. Stacking RS with right build is amazing damage.
Do not know if can or will beat other DD option but certainly is not weak
By anik 2017-09-21 14:31:09
Link | Citer | R

What should I finish next?
I have 2 mythics left to complete:
Ryunohige or Gastraphetes?

I will finish both, but the question is which do I finish this week?

Only serious replies please.
 Cerberus.Resetti
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2017-09-21 14:40:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

I'll also give a vote for Gastraphetes. Hands down one of my favorite weapons in game, albeit quite niche. It really only shines if your RNG has a strong physical option to pair with it like a Fomahault or Annihilator (or Gandiva), but to have that kind of power behind Trueflight is so amazing.

This! Definitely Gastraphetes all the way!

anik said: »
What should I finish next?
I have 2 mythics left to complete:
Ryunohige or Gastraphetes?

I will finish both, but the question is which do I finish this week?

Only serious replies please.

Gastraphetes! Go for it!

Gastraphetes is such an underrated mythic but is definitely one of the best. I love mine so much!
[+]