Escutcheons final stage
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 19 20 21
 Quetzalcoatl.Zorik
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Zorik
By Quetzalcoatl.Zorik 2017-10-23 15:45:36
Link | Citer | R

Is anyone in hete a crafter? Lol. Whats stopping me is no profits...

And yeah I can make gil other ways, but that's why I said I enjoy crafting. Been at it for years and I like it, but now thats gone because I'm not spending every waking moment finishing a shield. And "taking it slow" would take years. Not fun imo.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-10-23 15:47:37
Link | Citer | R

I'm on the last stage x2. Was the first 110 CC on Leviathan back when it was hundreds of million of gil to go from 100-110, and was 100 back when everyone stopped at 99 CC. So yeah.

Are your profits hurt now? Has anyone finished the shield in your craft? On your server? Milk the gil now if you don't want to finish the shield.

Really just don't understand that mentality at all, when Kupo Shields are more common at the moment and have been out a long while.
By Kodaijin 2017-10-23 16:15:51
Link | Citer | R

Agree with Stamos but I feel your frustration.
We’ve all at some point or another been kicked in the teeth by an upgrade and we’ve all complained about something. (RME disaster!)
“Is anyone here a crafter?” I’ve made hundreds of millions on crafting. But I’ve made more elsewhere. I no longer feel like rolling the dice on crafting for profit. Don’t get the shield to make profits on old gear. Get the shield for the next craftable items that will be shield only. Or don’t and move on. Lots to do in the game.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zorik
By Quetzalcoatl.Zorik 2017-10-23 16:23:15
Link | Citer | R

I don't understand that you don't understand!

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Milk the gil

Does gil come from milk or does milk come from gil?
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-10-23 17:04:23
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
I'm on the last stage x2. Was the first 110 CC on Leviathan back when it was hundreds of million of gil to go from 100-110, and was 100 back when everyone stopped at 99 CC. So yeah.

Are your profits hurt now? Has anyone finished the shield in your craft? On your server? Milk the gil now if you don't want to finish the shield.

Really just don't understand that mentality at all, when Kupo Shields are more common at the moment and have been out a long while.
After having 1 finished goldsmithing shield and three finished bonecraft shields Odin economy for those changed in 12 hours. 20+ HQs each popular synth. The change in price is 50 to 60 percent off original. The desire to get the final shield is pointless if by the time you get the shield done it's no longer worth anything. So I get where zorik is coming from.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-10-23 17:17:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Because two wrongs make a right

I have the unpopular opinion, but *** let them make the shield by any means necessary. Square designs this ***to be purposely regoddamndiculous. Screw em.

Cheap HQs for everyone. it -never- should've gotten to the point it's at.

Akaitorepan has already made over a billion gil in like 5 days selling ***dirt cheap. Thats a win for everyone. Not him. (unless you're trying to sell your overpriced ***, in which case you deserve it)
You have no idea how the shield works. The stuff wasn't overpriced it was rare hence hard to HQ hence mats are expensive and rare for HQ. All this shield did was make HQing insane. They aren't selling cheap to be nice they are selling cheap because NOW with those shields HQing is simple for them. If you think it's about being "nice" you are beyond delusional. And since only few have finished some are controlling markets and other server markets as we speak. Which is hilarious because SE 10 years ago plus knew that was a huge complaint about only selective few could control the economy. So we are back to 10 yeas ago.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-23 17:31:24
Link | Citer | R

I can see both points of view although I am on the side of the botters for this one. 300M for 1 piece of HQ gear was too difficult. Cheaper HQs is better for the majority of players. Some players who were a fan of the crafting system won't like this because now there is another requirement to participate although there is nothing stopping them from making the shield themselves. The first person who made the shield did so without botting as far as I know. The requirements are absurd so I can see why you would be upset. I personally wouldn't ever attempt it without some kind of bot.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-10-23 17:36:59
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I can see both points of view although I am on the side of the botters for this one. 300M for 1 piece of HQ gear was too difficult. Cheaper HQs is better for the majority of players. Some players who were a fan of the crafting system won't like this because now there is another requirement to participate although there is nothing stopping them from making the shield themselves. The first person who made the shield did so without botting as far as I know. The requirements are absurd so I can see why you would be upset. I personally wouldn't ever attempt it without some kind of bot.
I'm not upset I'm laughing because as the selective few are controlling markets over all servers now just took us to the past. But one good point that was brought up but most forget. Why keep doing the shield legitimately. Meaning no gil buying or bottling cause by the time you have a shield finished it won't be worth ***since 1 to 3 people got it on lock down. And only reason some people sold for insane prices was because then it was hard. All this did was turn on god mode for crafters. Then again the ones that don't see the issue did not farm,hunt and get help to get their craft to 100 where it was hard.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-10-23 17:47:49
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Drakenv said: »
You have no idea how the shield works. The stuff wasn't overpriced it was rare hence hard to HQ hence mats are expensive and rare for HQ. All this shield did was make HQing insane. They aren't selling cheap to be nice they are selling cheap because NOW with those shields HQing is simple for them. If you think it's about being "nice" you are beyond delusional. And since only few have finished some are controlling markets and other server markets as we speak. Which is hilarious because SE 10 years ago plus knew that was a huge complaint about only selective few could control the economy. So we are back to 10 yeas ago.

I know exactly how it works, and yes it WAS overpriced. idgaf about the math to make a +1 over how many breaks and nqs, it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to think anything is worth 300m, 400m, 600m.

Luckily for you, people are stupid and paid that while you were making them, now you're sol.

The first rule of MMO is, it's never worth what you think it is. and the second rule is always sell it to someone dumber than you. (well the first rule is actually everyone on the internet is male, but i digress).
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-10-23 17:55:15
Link | Citer | R

I know exactly how it works, and yes it WAS overpriced. idgaf about the math to make a +1 over how many breaks and nqs, it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to think anything is worth 300m, 400m, 600m.

Luckily for you, people are stupid and paid that while you were making them, now you're sol.

The first rule of MMO is, it's never worth what you think it is. and the second rule is always sell it to someone dumber than you. (well the first rule is actually everyone on the internet is male, but i digress).
No anythng over 250 mil was insane and I can't be sol it doesn't affect me. I'm fine in the gil department it's just hilarious we are back to 10 years ago. And no it seems the people with low IQs and living in the stone age don't see how sooner or later this can be a problem. But to assume I'm upset is hilariously pathetic. I can disagree with it and be fine with it lol. It's going to ok keyboard warrior.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-23 17:58:16
Link | Citer | R

I'm not upset I'm laughing because as the selective few are controlling markets over all servers now just took us to the past. But one good point that was brought up but most forget. Why keep doing the shield legitimately. Meaning no gil buying or bottling cause by the time you have a shield finished it won't be worth ***since 1 to 3 people got it on lock down. And only reason some people sold for insane prices was because then it was hard. All this did was turn on god mode for crafters. Then again the ones that don't see the issue did not farm,hunt and get help to get their craft to 100 where it was hard.

This pattern is the same as before the shields, even with modern 'easy mode' crafting skill up. There was an initial period where NQs for new recipes sold for a reasonable amount, thus a crafter could do about break even while trying for HQs. After a while the market would get saturated and NQ prices would plummet. Then it's just an awful experience all around trying to get HQ unless you bot farm ingredients.

I remember just around NA release, you could actually get Goldsmithing pretty high while profiting along the way. Eventually it just became a gil sink though because things like Morion Earring or whatever were no longer break even/profitable. It's always been the early bird gets the worm with crafting.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-10-23 18:03:15
Link | Citer | R

This pattern is the same as before the shields, even with modern 'easy mode' crafting skill up. There was an initial period where NQs for new recipes sold for a reasonable amount, thus a crafter could do about break even while trying for HQs. After a while the market would get saturated and NQ prices would plummet. Then it's just an awful experience all around trying to get HQ unless you bot farm ingredients.

I remember just around NA release, you could actually get Goldsmithing pretty high while profiting along the way. Eventually it just became a gil sink though because things like Morion Earring or whatever were no longer break even/profitable. It's always been the early bird gets the worm with crafting.
It's meh just means I need to finish my shields or just actually do stuff again lol. I can't wait till the bots and gilsellers start farming the higher level mats then the people who do those have to lower their prices to comp vs the rmts. Gonna be hilarious.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-23 18:12:34
Link | Citer | R

RMT already bot farm crafting ingredients to use and sell HQ items. I'm sure they will probably just upgrade the shields themselves and resume business as usual.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-10-23 18:23:05
Link | Citer | R

RMT already bot farm crafting ingredients to use and sell HQ items. I'm sure they will probably just upgrade the shields themselves and resume business as usual.
Crazy they are extremely rare here
 Quetzalcoatl.Zorik
By Quetzalcoatl.Zorik 2017-10-23 20:40:10
Link | Citer | R

I've made tons of HQ's. I've bought tons of HQ's. You can say it's not worth it all you want but the people buying/selling will disagree.

And if you don't like the prices, what's stopping you from making them yourself? Or ask a friend? Lets see you go 0/50 on a tier 0, lose 200m, then say the prices are too high.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-10-23 21:20:24
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Zorik said: »

I've made tons of HQ's. I've bought tons of HQ's. You can say it's not worth it all you want but the people buying/selling will disagree.

And if you don't like the prices, what's stopping you from making them yourself? Or ask a friend? Lets see you go 0/50 on a tier 0, lose 200m, then say the prices are too high.
***I've gone 1/80 on T1 :(. Was such sad times especially since just making for myself
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-10-23 21:56:32
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Zorik said: »

***I've gone 1/80 on T1 :(. Was such sad times especially since just making for myself
I remeber those days :(. I've had strange luck with stage 3 shield doing ratri +1. Feet was like 1/34 I think the rest easy. So far body is the last+1 I need 0/6 so far
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-10-23 22:53:19
Link | Citer | R

If you don't think the risk is fair, then don't craft.

They've been exceedingly overvalued for far too long.

The crafting system is ***. And it punishes buyers.

Under no circumstance is anything worth what it's been valued at since sparks (and crour) became a thing.

None of it matters now, shields will reign this *** it, whether you like it or not. At least we won't be seeing "wts overpriced ***" anymore in the near future.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-10-23 23:11:58
Link | Citer | R

Actually I think the crafting system punishes crafters just as much, lol.

I don't get how they're overvalued considering the price of materials on a lot of stuff. Do you expect crafters to just make stuff for 0 profit or loss? I could see them being called overly rare because of the crafting system but the valuation is generally in line with risks/costs + some profit margin.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-10-23 23:33:22
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
I don't get how they're overvalued
Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
I could see them being called overly rare because of the crafting system

You answered your own question. The system is terribad.

In any system where the end product is worth less than the materials unless it comes out "shiney" you've failed in your implementation. Pennies; worth less than the copper they're made of. So they changed it. Crafting system is outdated.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-10-23 23:46:02
Link | Citer | R

That still doesn't make them overvalued, it just makes the NQ undervalued.

I don't think there's really anything inherently wrong with the system since people don't actually NEED HQ's. It's just that since the game's been going on so long now, the only people still playing the game tend to be the more obsessive ones so a greater percentage of people want only the best stuff.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-10-24 00:11:24
Link | Citer | R

If you don't think the risk is fair, then don't craft.

They've been exceedingly overvalued for far too long.

The crafting system is ***. And it punishes buyers.

Under no circumstance is anything worth what it's been valued at since sparks (and crour) became a thing.

None of it matters now, shields will reign this *** it, whether you like it or not. At least we won't be seeing "wts overpriced ***" anymore in the near future.
Yet you've been crying about some people selling items for higher prices for a few years. Yet when people told you either craft or shut up you got mad. Now you're trying to use that in this discussion? Are you on your period or just bi polar?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-10-24 01:23:20
Link | Citer | R

Years? I've had the account for months, so, yeah.

The ability to make a thousand nq items works fine when a million people play.

The ability to make a thousand nq items does not work at all when a thousand people play.

Pretty simple to see why the crafting system currently fails. Synergy has a significantly higher HQ rate, square knows the crafting system sucks.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-10-24 07:48:29
Link | Citer | R

Complete the shield this morning. Confirmed it is broken from a HQ perspective.

When doing spirit it will trigger a message from Mewk, you get apex cystal: <craft>

then you trade:
crystal(nq)
shield
apex
2x screw
dur frame

to Mewk

He tells you to goto Guildemaster, you talk to guildemaster, then come back talk to mewk, he gives you the last piece, and you craft them togther for the final form of the shield

The enchantment effect is called Artisnal Knowledge
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-24 07:59:15
Link | Citer | R

How long does the enchantment last? Can you have both that and the advanced synth thing at the same time?
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-10-24 08:15:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
How long does the enchantment last? Can you have both that and the advanced synth thing at the same time?
30 mins and recast 1 hour I believe
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-10-24 08:15:51
Link | Citer | R

30 min, 60 minute recharge. so 30 min, 30 min off. I did my first batch in Adoulin with ionis, didnt try advanced support, didnt get me any tiers i was going for.. will try more

edit: if your not under the effect of the enhchantment you can synth NQ with the shield on

edit: zoning the enchantment goes away
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-10-24 08:16:21
Link | Citer | R

Years? I've had the account for months, so, yeah.

The ability to make a thousand nq items works fine when a million people play.

The ability to make a thousand nq items does not work at all when a thousand people play.

Pretty simple to see why the crafting system currently fails. Synergy has a significantly higher HQ rate, square knows the crafting system sucks.
Months? Ok so you just became irrelevant thanks.
[+]
 Asura.Xaantus
user: Xantus
By Asura.Xaantus 2017-10-24 16:00:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
Complete the shield this morning. Confirmed it is broken from a HQ perspective.

Congrats, how does T0/1 rates look so far? I noticed bone on Asura is also now a one person market. 11 Jinxed jackets up for sale overnight, damn...Glad I didn't attempt anymore! Whoever wanted cheap moonbow whistle+1 will get their wish. And the ones who already owned them just lost 75+mil in value.
By Foxfire 2017-10-24 16:15:59
Link | Citer | R

How much spirit did you need?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 19 20 21