users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Windower Loads PoL doesn't
Windower Loads PoL doesn't
 Asura.Lailey
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Lailey 2017-09-20 14:38:20
Link | Citer | R

None Windower Pol loads just fine I tried loading though windower and it just opens the POL Box and hangs when you click says "Program in unresponsive" then gives the two options for wait to respond or close posted windows crash log below only started happening when i tried running two instants of XI at once to start dBoxing again

https://imgur.com/a/PRPFi

System Specs
Crash Log
 Sylph.Winterlight
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Winterlight 2017-09-20 15:05:20
Link | Citer | R

Try to unload all Addons and Plugins.

If you still get the crash then try uninstalling Windower and then deleting all folders and registry keys associated with the program.
THEN reinstall Windower.

Also, this may not be the cause but I noticed that your system is reporting 2GB of main memory but your AvailableTextureMem parameter shows 4GB. These are inconsistent. Does your system have a giant amount of main memory?

Lastly, the windows version that your system is reporting appears to be Windows 8. (6.02.9200) It says 'Vista' which is confusing.

Windows 8 requires 2GB of RAM for the 64 bit version so if this is the version you're using then the 2GB of RAM being reporting would be consumed by the OS and the 128MB that FFXI minimally requires may not have room.
By Freakshow17303 2017-09-20 16:11:10
Link | Citer | R

It's a new win 10 system with 16 gb of memory and for the availabletexture thats going off the videogard at least I assume that cause its listed after the 1070
my main issue was cased when i tried loading two instances of XI at once I had one launched then the other crashed now I can't even get one to launch even after reboot
By Freakshow17303 2017-09-20 16:24:58
Link | Citer | R

Got one to load again now second will not load still
used to Dbox on a system way more potato then this
By Jetackuu 2017-09-20 16:47:30
Link | Citer | R

Do yourself a favor, do a system restore point to before the crash.

Secondly: literally only 2GB of available memory are showing, where's your other 14gb?
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2017-09-20 16:54:34
Link | Citer | R

Have you run a memtest86 on your memory, memory problems can cause all kinds of problems, especially if a program has a memory leak. I suggest running one while you are asleep or gone for the day.

Could be a memory leak from xi or another program on your pc, though that is a bit harder to diagnose and older programs are notorious for doing this.
By Freakshow17303 2017-09-20 17:01:07
Link | Citer | R

Ok maybe i should clarify thats the system specs according to the PoL config
I can get one instance to load, when i load a second it hangs after windower launches into PoL
As for why Pol only wants to see win 10 as vista and is only detecting 2gb I have no clue done a file check on PoL and FFXI and both come up as saying no repair needed
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2017-09-20 17:07:59
Link | Citer | R

It is a 32bit application it can only address 2 gigs,
that is a limitation of the x86 programming, not your system.

The memory check is to see if the memory the system allocates is good,
an error in one stick of ram could be the problem, that is why i suggest running the memtest86
By Tarage 2017-09-20 17:27:18
Link | Citer | R

It fails on my XP laptop but it's old as *** so I expect it not to work...
By Freakshow17303 2017-09-20 19:04:58
Link | Citer | R

Ran memtest all passed
By Jetackuu 2017-09-21 10:29:45
Link | Citer | R

Freakshow17303 said: »
Ok maybe i should clarify thats the system specs according to the PoL config

Ah, that would make sense.

I'd still go with the system restore bit, as it's helped others who have had this exact issue, others have had to reinstall windows.