By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-09-18 12:06:50
Link | Citer | R

Prolly pop manifestation and let it sit for a bit for recasts timer
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-18 13:04:53
Link | Citer | R

You gotta be a super brave RDM to go /SCH to this, only one AoE sleep per 2min is risky as hell. Currently my sleepga lasts 120 seconds with my regular Sleep II lasting 165 seconds so what I like to do is open with sleepga and then overwrite with regular sleep II's.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2017-09-18 13:13:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
You gotta be a super brave RDM to go /SCH to this, only one AoE sleep per 2min is risky as hell. Currently my sleepga lasts 120 seconds with my regular Sleep II lasting 165 seconds so what I like to do is open with sleepga and then overwrite with regular sleep II's.

I prefer to start agro with sleepga > sleepga when they wake and start advancing, then overwrite with sleep 2 from there on (we've been killing boss first). Staggering their wakes just feels a bit safer since they seem to have regain. I get paranoid they'd do multiple HP steal on the tank or something and kill them before I could resleep. Sleepga is good to have too in case a mine accidentally goes off where with /SCH you might have a no charge situation.
By BlaTheTaru 2017-09-20 01:07:52
Link | Citer | R

So maybe I'm just a garbage day rdm(probably tbh), but I can't seem to hold hate on the NM while I'm using gravity and bind. Even tossing every debuff I can at it as fast as I can won't hold hate against the whm curing the DD while killing adds.
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2017-09-20 01:48:26
Link | Citer | R

There any trick to having the tank live through HP steal on VD? Seems like every so often one of the mobs will get lucky and just steal for more than is survivable. Can Arise through it, but it tends to slow things down and having DDs with hate when tank is down they're liable to die too sometimes. So far been able to clear most VDs with multi step skill chains or even just purely spamming ws, but it always seems like someone dies and the fight ends up slowing down a lot.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-20 07:21:40
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
There any trick to having the tank live through HP steal on VD? Seems like every so often one of the mobs will get lucky and just steal for more than is survivable. Can Arise through it, but it tends to slow things down and having DDs with hate when tank is down they're liable to die too sometimes. So far been able to clear most VDs with multi step skill chains or even just purely spamming ws, but it always seems like someone dies and the fight ends up slowing down a lot.

HP Theft is -50% of max HP regardless of current HP. It the target has less then 50% of their max HP remaining then they just die. There is no way that I can find to reduce this value.

So "avoiding" means not having less then 50% of max HP remaining.
By clearlyamule 2017-09-20 10:17:34
Link | Citer | R

BlaTheTaru said: »
So maybe I'm just a garbage day rdm(probably tbh), but I can't seem to hold hate on the NM while I'm using gravity and bind. Even tossing every debuff I can at it as fast as I can won't hold hate against the whm curing the DD while killing adds.
Most debuffs haven't given hardly any hate since SE nuked them down in response to things like rdm and drk /nin tanking. Plus hate in legion area is kind of wonky to begin with
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2017-09-20 11:57:27
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the reply. I had pretty much chocked it up to legion mechanics/missing a crucial part on rdm to hold hate. Debuffs were landing without fail. Was under the impression that stacking them would keep his attention on me.
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2017-09-20 17:57:18
Link | Citer | R

HP Theft is -50% of max HP regardless of current HP. It the target has less then 50% of their max HP remaining then they just die. There is no way that I can find to reduce this value.

So "avoiding" means not having less then 50% of max HP remaining.

Ah, so it's just Kibosh or a quick back to back TP move without heal killing the tank sometimes. Thanks.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-09-23 19:14:57
Link | Citer | R

Greetings everyone,

I would like to share our strategy for this month ambuscade on [D]:

• Clear Time (8-8:30) minutes

• Party: WHM WAR BLU BLU DRG DRG

Disclaimer: All Said Jobs had REMA, so clear times may vary!

Steps:
1.All DDs sub SAM to utilize (Third Eye and other Jas) except for one BLU.
2.This BLU should have BLM sub and great MAAC Set to land [Dream Flower] if you are able to land sleep over and over without BLM then go for it.

3.Essential Buffs:

• WHM Buffs: Boost STR, BarFira, BarParalyzra, Auspice, FireStorm, Regen, Stoneskin.

• BLU Buffs: AoE Flutter (7:30 min duration), AoE MG (5 min).

• WAR,DRG should bring Angons and [Tomahawks(for enmity control on WAR)].

4. BLU/BLM goes in agro everything and use Dream Flower.
5. Attack Boss and first DRG uses Angon~
6. Keep Third Eye up and utilize multi-skill chain order aiming for Darkness/Umbra.
7. We were assisting WAR so auto attack off.
8. Terror does bypass Third Eye but should be okay with a competent WHM.
9. The moment you see a bomb, it must be destroyed right away.
10. Once Boss is Dead it's a smooth fight from there and the only downtime is PD on adds.
11. Remember to make a cycle of Angon/Tomahawks so that each add gets one and they don't overwrite each other timers (for Angons).
12. Food Used (Sublime Sushi).

Enjoy your Grind and Good Luck~

Edit:There is another trick that can be used: All gather at Moogle and WHM can switch to COR use Naturalist's Roll, Switch SCH use AoE Regen with max duration, Use AoE Stoneskin, AoE Aquaveil, AoE Blink Then switch to WHM and use Pro/Shell.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-09-23 19:21:07
Link | Citer | R

Do they actually have damage resistance? Angon and Tomahawk don't do the same thing (and I think they stack).
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-09-23 19:27:57
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Do they actually have damage resistance? Angon and Tomahawk don't do the same thing (and I think they stack).
They overwrite each other and operate differently!
Also timers on them is an issue thats why we cycle them so that each mob gets one!
Angon fully merited give 25% defense down on target for 90 second~
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-09-23 19:46:07
Link | Citer | R

DRG is great this month. Angon def down, Stardiver and Drakesbane setting the table for Rudra/Torcleaver/Savage, and quick TP if the first WS fails to kill the bomb.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-09-23 19:53:24
Link | Citer | R

I think when I did it, Dream Flower and Tenebral were both landing fine on D without /BLM goofiness.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-09-23 19:54:30
Link | Citer | R

Sure it can be, but they do build resistance over time.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-23 20:19:06
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Katriina said: »

They don't overwrite each other, they are completely different effects.

Angon is just defense down, the same as Tenebral Crush, Armor Break and Ageha. Tomahawk is -SDT and doesn't do anything for defense.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-09-23 20:22:37
Link | Citer | R

Greetings everyone,

I would like to share our strategy for this month ambuscade on [D]:

• Clear Time (8-8:30) minutes

• Party: WHM WAR BLU BLU DRG DRG

Disclaimer: All Said Jobs had REMA, so clear times may vary!

Steps:
1.All DDs sub SAM to utilize (Third Eye and other Jas) except for one BLU.
2.This BLU should have BLM sub and great MAAC Set to land [Dream Flower].

3.Essential Buffs:

• WHM Buffs: Boost STR, BarFira, BarParalyzra, Auspice, FireStorm, Regen, Stoneskin.

• BLU Buffs: AoE Flutter (7:30 min duration), AoE MG (5 min).

• WAR,DRG should bring Angons and Tomahawks.

4. BLU/BLM goes in agro everything and use Dream Flower.
5. Attack Boss and first DRG uses Angon~
6. Keep Third Eye up and utilize multi-skill chain order aiming for Darkness/Umbra.
7. We were assisting WAR so auto attack off.
8. Terror does bypass Third Eye but should be okay with a competent WHM.
9. The moment you see a bomb, it must be destroyed right away.
10. Once Boss is Dead it's a smooth fight from there and the only downtime is PD on adds.
11. Remember to make a cycle of Angon/Tomahawks so that each add gets one and they don't overwrite each other.
12. Food Used (Sublime Sushi).

Enjoy your Grind and Good Luck~

Edit:There is another trick that can be used: All gather at Moogle and WHM can switch to COR use Naturalist's Roll, Switch SCH use AoE Regen with max duration, Use AoE Stoneskin, AoE Aquaveil, AoE Blink Then switch to WHM and use Pro/Shell.

Oh, I was just /blm for warps after. No reason to be /blm lol. Didn't have Tenebral Crush set. No problem sleeping them over and over. Only issue was the sometimes the far left QQ would run out of range since we had no tank. So, the sleeps would be on different timers.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-09-23 20:43:14
Link | Citer | R

Angon is just defense down, the same as Tenebral Crush, Armor Break and Ageha. Tomahawk is -SDT and doesn't do anything for defense.
Was under the impression that they don't stack to begin with (hence the overwrite idea came to be) and we defiantly don't want to waste Angon timers on the same mob.
I will change the info there to use Tomahawk then for enmity purposes on WAR.
Although, not sure what it did on that add but it did die quickly, maybe adds have a certain resist that we are not aware of, Will keep an eye on it!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-23 20:54:27
Link | Citer | R

Was under the impression that they don't stack to begin with and we defiantly don't want to waste Angon timers on the same mob.
I will change the info there to use Tomahawk then for enmity purposes when provoke is down on WAR.

They have nothing to do with each other, Tomahawk isn't defense down and will have no effect if the target doesn't have SDT / PDT (SE has been inconsistent with mechanical implementation).

Take ghosts for example, they have -50% SDT for Blunt damage and -25% for Slashing. A WAR with 5/5 merits using Tomahawk with relic will reduce that by 30%.

-50 * .7 = -35% Blunt SDT
-25 * .7 = -17.5% Slashing SDT.

If there was a NM with -95% PDT (Big bird from a few months ago) then it's -95 * .7 = -66.5% PDT.

Angon is -25% Defense down, the same as Armor Break and Tachi: Ageha. Angon will always land while those other two have two resist states and used to be hard to land, though Flamma +1 largely fixes that problem now.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-09-23 20:54:55
Link | Citer | R

The adds can be slept over and over on difficult with BLU. Haven't tried VD yet, but I assume it would be iffy. This is one of the easier months of Ambuscade. Should take advantage of it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-09-23 21:08:10
Link | Citer | R

Was under the impression that they don't stack to begin with and we defiantly don't want to waste Angon timers on the same mob.
I will change the info there to use Tomahawk then for enmity purposes when provoke is down on WAR.

They have nothing to do with each other, Tomahawk isn't defense down and will have no effect if the target doesn't have SDT / PDT (SE has been inconsistent with mechanical implementation).

Take ghosts for example, they have -50% SDT for Blunt damage and -25% for Slashing. A WAR with 5/5 merits using Tomahawk with relic will reduce that by 30%.

-50 * .7 = -35% Blunt SDT
-25 * .7 = -17.5% Slashing SDT.

If there was a NM with -95% PDT (Big bird from a few months ago) then it's -95 * .7 = -66.5% PDT.

Angon is -25% Defense down, the same as Armor Break and Tachi: Ageha. Angon will always land while those other two have two resist states and used to be hard to land, though Flamma +1 largely fixes that problem now.

Thanks for the info, I did mention that they are different to one another. The only issue we were questioning if they actually stack or overwrite each other and we clearly don't want Angon effect to wear off to that, Tomahawk is still great for enmity when things become chaotic.

On BG it doesn't state if they do stack or cancel each other out.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-23 21:39:16
Link | Citer | R

Because they are entirely different effects, like Sleep and Silence. Tomahawk is actually a similar effect to RUN's Gambit.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2017-09-23 23:53:53
Link | Citer | R

This was just fixed on all the defense down spell and ability pages

Testing would be required to see if the change SE applied to gungnir, etc and angon applies to all defense down abilities and spells or just the relic polearm/other weapons/bolts

Gungnir and other defense down additional effect weapons/bolts stopped overwriting angon as of february 2014, but does angon overwrite them? Do stronger effects overwrite weaker ones?

This should be a quick test via sweeping gouge and tenebral crush for example in ballista
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-24 00:20:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Carrotchan said: »

Testing would be required to see if the change SE applied to gungnir, etc and angon applies to all defense down abilities and spells or just the relic polearm/other weapons/bolts

Gungnir and other defense down additional effect weapons/bolts stopped overwriting angon as of february 2014, but does angon overwrite them? Do stronger effects overwrite weaker ones?

This should be a quick test via sweeping gouge and tenebral crush for example in ballista

Tomahawk isn't defense down....
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2017-09-24 00:35:32
Link | Citer | R

I didn't say anything about tomahawk...

The conversation had been about defense down effects stacking (angon vs tenebral is common this month) as well as tomahawk. I was not talking about tomahawk. I wanted to know if a 25% angon will overwrite a 20% tenebral and if all weaker effects work that way
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-24 09:30:27
Link | Citer | R

I didn't say anything about tomahawk...

The conversation had been about defense down effects stacking (angon vs tenebral is common this month) as well as tomahawk. I was not talking about tomahawk. I wanted to know if a 25% angon will overwrite a 20% tenebral and if all weaker effects work that way

The topic of that comment you replied to was about Angon, Tomahawk and if they overwrote each other.

Thanks for the info, I did mention that they are different to one another. The only issue we were questioning if they actually stack or overwrite each other and we clearly don't want Angon effect to wear off to that, Tomahawk is still great for enmity when things become chaotic.

Made your entry kinda confusing.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-09-24 10:55:39
Link | Citer | R

No one mentioned that they are the same!
Not even a single comment from anyone...
Nevertheless, original post was modified~
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-24 12:12:22
Link | Citer | R

No one mentioned that they are the same!
Not even a single comment from anyone...
Nevertheless, original post was modified~

Why on earth would you possible think they overwrote each other, why would you question about BG not listing them, and why would you treat them both as defense down.

People editing their posts after they've been caught is exactly why I use quotes on everything now.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-09-24 12:22:22
Link | Citer | R

Never once I treated them both as defense down (read the post) ...
All I said if there is some sort of resist with adds or boss Tomahawk seemed to affect it somehow and more testing is needed.
And we did use it to gain more enmity on WAR when things become chaotic.
Also the point of the question was to save timers of Angons and to check if indeed Tomahawk does something to them and this question was as old as I can remember if Angon and Tomahawk overwrite each other due to the way they operate and if for example some mobs had resistance to piercing and Tomahawk lowered it what will Angon do? will it stack or will it overwrite?
A Quick look at BG shows no correlation between the two but forum discussions did bring this up and there was no answer, so we played it safe... then modified the use after discussion!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-24 12:35:30
Link | Citer | R

Never once I treated them both as defense down (read the post) ...
All I said if there is some sort of resist with adds or boss Tomahawk seemed to affect it somehow and more testing is needed.
And we did use it to gain more enmity on WAR when things become chaotic.
Also the point of the question was to save timers of Angons and to check if indeed Tomahawk does something to them and this question was as old as I can remember if Angon and Tomahawk overwrite each other due to the way they operate and if for example some mobs had resistance to piercing and Tomahawk lowered it what will Angon do? will it stack or will it overwrite?
A Quick look at BG shows no correlation between the two but forum discussions did bring this up and there was no answer, so we played it safe... then modified the use after discussion!

You had no idea how Tomahawk worked and just assumed it was another form of defense down, and even said as much originally. The enmity from Tomahawk is small even with a enmity build. Warcry and Bloodrage would produce far more enmity and Provoke absolute crush's it and is on a 30s timer. Even now your asking the equivalent of if Silence and Sleep stack or overwrite. BG doesn't list Berserk and Hasso or Last Resort as stacking or overwriting, yet the answer should be very obvious.

It's ok not to know things in this game, that's what discussion and growth is all about. Just don't get butt hurt when shits different then what you thought and never edit a post to change the context of a statement without putting an edit note with the original statement.