256 is pretty low, try higher? See if that fixes it? Have mine set for 1024

yeah I just tried 512 and 1024, nothing fixes it
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-07 14:06:48
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Also I don't see a watermark that I selected in the config.

It's not super properly, did you put the d3d8.dll inside your Playonline folder or the Final Fantasy XI one? Then put the config problem inside the same folder, run it and add that folder as a path then save. That should put a config file in that folder that the .dll will read from.

You should never get no watermark, either you get a watermark or it crash's horribly.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-07 14:09:58
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Leviathan.Stamos said: »

Do you have high res fonts turned on? If so turn them off and put them to uncompressed.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-07 14:11:12
Link | Citer | R

Bamboom said: »
How do you go about disabling the watermark?

The control panel has an option to disable the watermark. It's nice to verify that the dll referencing is working, after you know your config is solid you disable it.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-06-07 14:12:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

Do you have high res fonts turned on? If so turn them off and put them to uncompressed.

in FFXI config? yeah they were already left as uncompressed so I don't know what else I can think of. Windows 10 laptop
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-07 14:17:59
Link | Citer | R

in FFXI config? yeah they were already left as uncompressed so I don't know what else I can think of. Windows 10 laptop

Time to start digging through your default graphics settings in nVidia control panel or Catalyst center. Since it's DX11 now those settings will actually matter and it's possible that your resolution and aspect ratio is conflicting with a setting, especially Anti-Aliasing. When I get home I'm going to mess with AA settings but I have a sneaky suspicion some of them won't play nice with pol.exe.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-06-07 14:21:44
Link | Citer | R

Mouse disappears for me when using dgvoodoo and over a ffxi instance, is there a fix for that? Has anyone seen a nvidia driver crash using this?
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-06-07 14:56:14
Link | Citer | R

Does the same for AMD
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2017-06-07 15:13:41
Link | Citer | R

when i put the compiler .dlls in syswow64 and d3d8.dll in playonlineviewer as instructed, pol crashes right after i click on play.

edit:
I have also tried this:
Asura.Saevel said:
It's not super properly, did you put the d3d8.dll inside your Playonline folder or the Final Fantasy XI one? Then put the config problem inside the same folder, run it and add that folder as a path then save. That should put a config file in that folder that the .dll will read from.
and this:
Leviathan.Stamos said:
Originally when I tried this, I would crash right before select character screen. Noticed I had only 64 MB of Vram set. Once I changed that, it worked.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-06-07 15:19:13
Link | Citer | R

You should never get no watermark, either you get a watermark or it crash's horribly.

Hmm..
D3d8 is in the correct folder (POL)
Config program is in the correct folder (POL)
Config is also in the correct folder (POL)
Already had the required files in the SYSWOW folder as well.

Im wondering if a Steam Install is the issue?

POL does not have a profile under Nvidia so that can be ruled out.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-06-07 15:23:23
Link | Citer | R

Originally when I tried this, I would crash right before select character screen. Noticed I had only 64 MB of Vram set. Once I changed that, it worked.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-06-07 15:34:20
Link | Citer | R

Was able to get this to work. I had to unblock d3dcompiler_47.dll though (Windows 10). After copying it to Windows/SysWOW64, right click on it and go to properties. On the bottom of the General tab you'll seen an option to unblock it (if you don't see it, you don't need to unblock it.)

Are there any specific configuration settings I should be using? I can get the game to slow down (even to 15 fps) in certain circumstances although I don't know if that's a limit of my video card or if I'm not configuring this correctly. Would be interesting to see some benchmarks.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-06-07 15:46:23
Link | Citer | R

Hmm..

Disregard, I forgot I moved my FFXI install to my D: Drive..

Apparently I still had left overs in the C: Drive
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-07 15:49:23
Link | Citer | R

Hmm..

Start checking file permissions and make sure the .dll's are unblocked. Also start checking antivirus or other defensive software.

This is basically hacking pol.exe in a way similar to Windower. Pol.exe starts and makes a call to d3d8.dll which is normally a Microsoft System Library in the SYSWOW64 folder. Instead we're intercepting that call by placing our own version of d3d8.dll in Pol.exe's folder and using that to take control over it's Direct X session. This is not normal activity and there are several security layers that could stop it from happening. The way to check this is to start everything up, go to your task manage and click resource monitor. In the process tab select pol.exe, then in the CPU tab check associated modules. That should list where it's getting it's D3D8.dll from, either SYSWOW64 or the Playonline folder.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-07 15:51:00
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
when i put the compiler .dlls in syswow64 and d3d8.dll in playonlineviewer as instructed, pol crashes right after i click on play.

edit:
I have also tried this:
Asura.Saevel said:
and this:
Leviathan.Stamos said:

Have you clicked unblock on the dll's? They aren't coming from an approved Microsoft source so windows likes to prevent them from executing code as administrator.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2017-06-07 15:57:09
Link | Citer | R

Have you clicked unblock on the dll's? They aren't coming from an approved Microsoft source so windows likes to prevent them from executing code as administrator.

I don't see any option to unblock in "properties" (windows 7).

edit: btw, I already had those compiler .dlls in syswow64 but replaced them with the ones I downloaded from dgvodoo site anyway.

edit: started to work magically. however i have no clue about the settings in the control panel XD
By Blazed1979 2017-06-07 16:12:20
Link | Citer | R

someone who has got this working and seen a difference please post a vid.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-06-07 16:20:24
Link | Citer | R

From what I have noticed, you can really notice the details now. The Menus look cleaner, and the item icons as well. The other perk I noticed, is I don't take a 3-4 FPS drop like I did before in Western Adoulin, for whatever reason I would before. Now that is fixed.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-07 16:27:31
Link | Citer | R

I don't see any option to unblock in "properties" (windows 7).

edit: btw, I already had those compiler .dlls in syswow64 but replaced them with the ones I downloaded from dgvodoo site anyway.

edit: started to work magically. however i have no clue about the settings in the control panel XD

If you haven't changed anything in the control panel then problems will likely occur. This games defaulted to 64MB, meaning it tells FFXI that there is 64MB worth of graphics memory which is no where near enough to store all the assets at a decent resolution. This option is for compatibility with older DirectX games that would freak out if too much graphics memory is reported. Your best bet is to set it to 1024 unless you have a very old video card (sub 1GB). There are other things that I'm experimenting with, will let people know as I get further along.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-06-07 16:30:40
Link | Citer | R

Any answer on hardware mouse disappearing? Makes it unplayable for me(I use mouse to quickly select a certain instance if it's not close in my alt-tab order).
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-07 16:31:12
Link | Citer | R

From what I have noticed, you can really notice the details now. The Menus look cleaner, and the item icons as well. The other perk I noticed, is I don't take a 3-4 FPS drop like I did before in Western Adoulin, for whatever reason I would before. Now that is fixed.

I noticed big differences in the animations and sparkling effects.

Taking pics and stuff, what is a good place to host them since photobucket blows monkey chunks.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-06-07 16:37:08
Link | Citer | R

imgur or BG
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-06-07 16:46:34
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Any answer on hardware mouse disappearing? Makes it unplayable for me(I use mouse to quickly select a certain instance if it's not close in my alt-tab order).

Yeah, this was a drawback that I found also. Worth it to avoid the freezing when losing screen focus though.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-06-07 17:03:41
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, turning off hardware mouse in Windower settings will give you a mouse.
[+]
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-06-07 17:10:08
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, turning off hardware mouse in Windower settings will give you a mouse.

Awesome, just did that and it's back. Thanks!

Also, anyway to get rid of the watermark? I unchecked the watermark option in the config, but it's still there.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-07 17:13:00
Link | Citer | R

Here are some of em

http://imgur.com/a/yYR9w

Gonna update as I find them BUT I found a problem. Screenshots through Windower are just captures of the display before postprocessing.

Looking for a better place. Really can't describe how good the special effects look now.
[+]
 Asura.Mithrawr
By Asura.Mithrawr 2017-06-07 17:20:03
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, weapon AG effects and weaponskills look glorious now. So much brighter and more saturated.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-06-07 17:20:47
Link | Citer | R

There is two different watermark options. One under Glide the 3Dfx watermark, and another under directx the dgVoodoo watermark. Turn those both off.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-07 17:35:51
Link | Citer | R

Ok done uploading a ton of different jobemotes and effects into the imgur. Really shiny graphics now.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 22 23 24