FFXI finally in high quality graphics
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 22 23 24
 Bahamut.Baozzer
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-07-23 19:32:38
Link | Citer | R

Also it could be because you use ashita which i believe already converts some direct 8 to 9?

And maybe the update is why sechs cant seem to make dg work for him. Who seems to have decided to give dg a chance, after the update
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-23 19:53:03
Link | Citer | R

The update had nothing to do with Sechs getting dgVoodoo to work. Neither of us use Ashita. I hsve over a dozen known systems working perfectly fine as of today.

Something on your end is responsible for any performance issues.
 Bahamut.Baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-07-23 20:09:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
So, I think I'm finally ready to try this, since last patch is creating constant slowdowns on my system for whatever reason, and I've been told DGvoodoo solves that.

C) Didn't notice a particular performance boost, still can't hold 60fps in highly populated areas, but overall it seems indeed a bit more solid.

I'm still blaming the update but I am checking my settings on everything for something that could have went wrong. I only use my laptop to play this game and haven't used it except for the 2 times I tried playing since the update
 Bahamut.Baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-07-23 21:04:27
Link | Citer | R

Fixed*

I deleted everything dg related, reinstalled and now its working as normal. On 3 instance now playing with 25-29 constant fps 3 boxing compared to the 5-12fps on 1 box i was getting earlier. My best guess is the update corrupted the config or d3d8 file in some sort of way.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-23 21:06:10
Link | Citer | R

You realize I helped him fix his setup via PMs. It was files in wrong location.

The update didn't change anything in FFXIs graphics engine. You probably blame space aliens for why your cable goes out.

You broke your own setup. End of story.
 Bahamut.Baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-07-23 21:32:05
Link | Citer | R

Okay. Snaps dont even try redownloading dgvoodoo. It will never work and the aliens will break it again.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-07-24 00:16:26
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Fixed*

I deleted everything dg related, reinstalled and now its working as normal. On 3 instance now playing with 25-29 constant fps 3 boxing compared to the 5-12fps on 1 box i was getting earlier. My best guess is the update corrupted the config or d3d8 file in some sort of way.

I am glad you fixed it.

Still working as intended for me. dgVoodoo may only break if SE changes something with their graphic engine that interferes with dg's wrapping/encoding system.

Or, if your graphics card and fans are starting to fail and overheat more, I can see that causing fps drop and even future death.

Check your GPU/CPU temps in detail. If you notice an increasing trend, or something wrong with your fan speeds then there can be a problem occurring with performance. Some motherboards decrease voltage to the motherboard and down-throttle performance to compensate for rising heat problems.

If all of the above is not and system is still not performing well, then maybe all setting needs to be reset and start over like you did already.
 Bahamut.Baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-07-24 01:18:35
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the suggestions but it was definitely the aliens. All kidding aside, idk why it worked out for me either. Could have been a fluke.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-24 01:23:48
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Baozzer said: »
And maybe the update is why sechs cant seem to make dg work for him. Who seems to have decided to give dg a chance, after the update
Wut :o

I decided to unlazy myself and try DGvoodoo (something I've been wanting to try for a while) because since after the last patch I was getting constant slowdowns, around one every minute. Notice: slowdowns! Not lag.
Worked pretty well despite some issues I had at start because a friend gave me the incorrect file and some incorrect information.

I also found the source of my slowdowns, which had nothing to do with DGvoodoo and I never thought or said there was a connection.

The source of my slowdowns was a strange interaction between Findall and Win Dev Luacore, both running on non-dev (live) Windower.
As for why I had dev luacore on a non-dev Windower... it's a long story but there is a reason for that as well lol.
 Asura.Aaliana
user: edster105
By Asura.Aaliana 2017-07-24 06:31:32
Link | Citer | R

Just want to say thanks for introducing me to this program, doing VW Aello spam I was getting 7fps on my laptop, now its 28-30. And my laptop doesnt sound like its going to take off anymore! :D
 Asura.Kazaki
user: Kazaki
By Asura.Kazaki 2017-08-05 05:19:48
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Caiir said: »

1) Download File 1 to somewhere easy to access. Right click the .zip file and select "Properties". Click "Unblock" at the bottom if it's there. Extract the files to an easy to get to folder.

2) Launch dgVoodooCpl.exe from File 1 at least once to generate a .conf file for the wrapper to use. By default, this file will end up in your Users/<Name>/AppData/Roaming/dgVoodoo/ directory. You can leave it there and it will act as a default. Alternatively, you can choose where it goes and if you place one in the PlayOnline/SquareEnix/PlayOnlineViewer/ directory, that one will be used instead.

2) In the File 1 download you should see MS and in MS you should see d3d8.dll. Move d3d8.dll to the PlayOnline/SquareEnix/PlayOnlineViewer/ directory. You should see pol.exe and polhook.dll as well.

3) Download File 2 to somewhere easy to access. Right click the .zip file and select "Properties". Click "Unblock" at the bottom if it's there.

4) Extract d3dcompiler_47.dll to the Windows/SysWOW64/ directory (64bit systems) or Windows/System32/ directory (32bit systems) if it does not already exist there. You should see similarly named files.

Followed this and POL attempts to open FFXI but then I get a half second flicker and back to POL. I followed people's guides on the start of this thread... but just to make sure I've done everything:

Ensure there's a .conf file in playonline/squreenix/playonlineviewer (same place as pol and polhook)

Move D3D8 to that place as well.

Already have a d3dcompiler_47.dll in that location so didn't do anything.

Is there anything else I need to do? It seems odd to me that nothing goes into the actual FFXI folder
By wick 2017-08-05 09:41:25
Link | Citer | R

I decided to unlazy myself and try DGvoodoo (something I've been wanting to try for a while) because since after the last patch I was getting constant slowdowns, around one every minute. Notice: slowdowns! Not lag.
Worked pretty well despite some issues I had at start because a friend gave me the incorrect file and some incorrect information.

I also found the source of my slowdowns, which had nothing to do with DGvoodoo and I never thought or said there was a connection.

The source of my slowdowns was a strange interaction between Findall and Win Dev Luacore, both running on non-dev (live) Windower.
As for why I had dev luacore on a non-dev Windower... it's a long story but there is a reason for that as well lol.
Hey Sechs,
Did u happen to have lag when alt tabing and manage to find the solution?
xo
By DanielH 2017-08-05 09:50:58
Link | Citer | R

wick said: »
Hey Sechs,
xo

Wondering the same, having FPS drop to 10 FPS max when it's not the focus is really annoying.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-05 10:50:18
Link | Citer | R

I don't remember particular issues with that, but then again I play in full screen and I don't really alt-tab that often (I don't multibox).

So maybe I had that issue but I didn't notice?
 Bahamut.Baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-08-05 12:16:59
Link | Citer | R

Hey Sechs,
xo
DanielH said: »
Hey Sechs,
xo

Wondering the same, having FPS drop to 10 FPS max when it's not the focus is really annoying.

Anyone no longer getting benefits from this since the update? My FPS is now very low and alt tabbing has a lag :/

lol so other people are getting these issues again after the update for no apparent reason
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-05 12:55:51
Link | Citer | R

Well in my case the culprit was Findall.
I suggest you guys do a temporary clean install of Windower4 without of course importing your xml settings from the default folder, and try to launch FFXI from there once to see if you still get the slowdowns.

If you don't, it's totally addon/plugin related so you can deactivate them one by one until you find the culprit.
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2017-08-05 22:41:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kazaki said: »
Fenrir.Caiir said: »

1) Download File 1 to somewhere easy to access. Right click the .zip file and select "Properties". Click "Unblock" at the bottom if it's there. Extract the files to an easy to get to folder.

2) Launch dgVoodooCpl.exe from File 1 at least once to generate a .conf file for the wrapper to use. By default, this file will end up in your Users/<Name>/AppData/Roaming/dgVoodoo/ directory. You can leave it there and it will act as a default. Alternatively, you can choose where it goes and if you place one in the PlayOnline/SquareEnix/PlayOnlineViewer/ directory, that one will be used instead.

2) In the File 1 download you should see MS and in MS you should see d3d8.dll. Move d3d8.dll to the PlayOnline/SquareEnix/PlayOnlineViewer/ directory. You should see pol.exe and polhook.dll as well.

3) Download File 2 to somewhere easy to access. Right click the .zip file and select "Properties". Click "Unblock" at the bottom if it's there.

4) Extract d3dcompiler_47.dll to the Windows/SysWOW64/ directory (64bit systems) or Windows/System32/ directory (32bit systems) if it does not already exist there. You should see similarly named files.

Followed this and POL attempts to open FFXI but then I get a half second flicker and back to POL. I followed people's guides on the start of this thread... but just to make sure I've done everything:

Ensure there's a .conf file in playonline/squreenix/playonlineviewer (same place as pol and polhook)

Move D3D8 to that place as well.

Already have a d3dcompiler_47.dll in that location so didn't do anything.

Is there anything else I need to do? It seems odd to me that nothing goes into the actual FFXI folder

Did you increase the VRAM under the DirectX tab? If not, that could be the culprit. Also if you saved the .conf file to the POL folder, make sure you are adjusting the right file i1n dgvoodoo under the Config Folder/Running Instance option. You don't actually have to save the .conf file to the POL file and instead, you can just use the one in the default location.

Also for the people who are lagging after the update, I'm having no issues on my new PC with an i7-7700k cpu and gtx 1080 ti gpu. The game runs smoothly and looks amazing in 1440p (didn't get a 4K monitor because I wanted a higher refresh rate and G-Sync). It's so much better than running it in 720p or lower on my laptop.
 Bahamut.Baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-08-06 01:01:46
Link | Citer | R

In your case were you always running smoothly? my case was i never played w/ graphics until dgvoodoo. I played only a little bit today but only 2 box but the fps was dropping to only 25. I assume if I loaded the third i would be getting the 10 fps like i did last month. But reinstall dgvoodoo kind of fixed it for me. I stopped lagging but I started using msi afterburner to keep my computer running smoother.

But for people getting the fps 10 and alt tab lag like i did last month, I encourage you to just delete everything dgvoodoo that your computer didnt have before and reinstall.
By Azurea 2017-08-06 01:11:59
Link | Citer | R

Not that this question necessarily has anything to do with this thread, but I am running this so I'll post it here. I recently installed FFXI on my friends system which has a GTX 970. Even after going into the nvidia control panel and setting "prefer maximum performance", XI runs the GPU at about half speed, and it results in some random lag spikes. Any ideas on how to fix this?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-08-06 01:54:52
Link | Citer | R

I'm assuming your friend has dgvoodoo from this thread, but saying it has nothing to do with the thread makes me question it. If he doesnt, setting up dgvoodoo will fix it.
By Azurea 2017-08-06 02:15:07
Link | Citer | R

I'm saying he DOES have dgvoodoo set up from this thread, and it is working, but the clocks still sit at 50%, well, at least the GPU clock, memory clocks are normal full speed 3d clocks. I said that because I didn't know if this was caused by dgvoodoo, or FFXI in general, as I didn't look at the clocks at all in "vanilla".
 Bahamut.Baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-08-06 02:20:18
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like the curse of the updates lol. try installing and changing the profile to balanced. I was also playing on the perfomance profile but my friend told me my card was barely running over and idle speed so he made my put best quality profile and the game still runs well
By Azurea 2017-08-06 03:13:43
Link | Citer | R

It's getting pretty irritating. I can make the card run at max clocks for literally anything else (even just web browsing), but it refuses to do so for FFXI. I know I could use something like EVGA Precision XOC and force max clocks 24/7 but that is far less than ideal.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-08-06 10:38:03
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have enough experience with Reshade and FFXI?
I'm having an issue where Reshade never loads up on the initial tutorial, as if it is never hooked, no matter what I am doing/installing.

I've read through a few posts in this thread about renaming some of the files, but still no availability. Even tried this: https://reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/277-final-fantasy-xi-crashing-on-load#16401

Reshade simply doesn't want to load for me at all. Anyone have thoughts?
 Sylph.Reain
Serveur: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2017-08-06 22:05:42
Link | Citer | R

Azurea said: »
Not that this question necessarily has anything to do with this thread, but I am running this so I'll post it here. I recently installed FFXI on my friends system which has a GTX 970. Even after going into the nvidia control panel and setting "prefer maximum performance", XI runs the GPU at about half speed, and it results in some random lag spikes. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I've been having issues with nvidia drivers lately. I would try reverting to 382.05
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2017-08-06 22:39:27
Link | Citer | R

i dont see much change dunno if i messed something up what should i put for contrast/Watermak/brightness? texture is at x16 ok wow nvm it works now wow nice only Animations.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-08-06 23:37:21
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
I'm having an issue where Reshade never loads up on the initial tutorial, as if it is never hooked, no matter what I am doing/installing.

I've read through a few posts in this thread about renaming some of the files, but still no availability. Even tried this: https://reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/277-final-fantasy-xi-crashing-on-load#16401

If you're using windower, you are likely never going to get Reshade to work, especially not the newer versions. Reshade doesn't play nice with other dll hooks/injectors.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-07 06:51:19
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Bahamut.Dannyl said: »

If you're using windower, you are likely never going to get Reshade to work, especially not the newer versions. Reshade doesn't play nice with other dll hooks/injectors.

Yeah Windower and Reshade don't play too well. I was able to get Reshade working but only by using FFXI vanilla with dgVoodoo2. Not sure how well Ashita works with it as they use a different injector method.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-08-07 07:04:34
Link | Citer | R

Well that explains it then. Thanks guys for the response, gonna have to ask my buddy who has successfully done it. Could be a previous version , who knows
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 22 23 24