| Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-27 20:35:54
Link | Citer | R

I don't know about anyone else, but the distribution of people on Asura is 95% ***, 4% Get Guders, and 1% helpful people.

Well, if you take the RMT and mules out of the equation though. Those people make up 63% of the total population.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-05-27 21:04:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I don't know about anyone else, but the distribution of people on Asura is 95% ***, 4% Get Guders, and 1% helpful people.

Well, if you take the RMT and mules out of the equation though. Those people make up 63% of the total population.

Asura is 100% trash.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2017-05-27 21:17:53
Link | Citer | R

I know what you're looking for, but those figures are not so simple to pinpoint and your best bet is to analyze the following:

1) what item per craft makes has the best profit margin via ingredient cost to NQ sale (since most of the gil is in landing HQ)
2) how often/many are being sold

Obviously, this will take a lot of effort. Asking a forum will yield a biased response.

This is information that people would want to profit off of... which will flood that market.
[+]
 Asura.Extract
user: deezydabs
By Asura.Extract 2017-05-27 23:08:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Frod said: »
Asura is 100% trash.

Yes you're trash Frod we know, you should go back to quetz. Garbage SMN buying Legion drops in the ilvl era lul. Thanks for the 25m for the esper earring scrub.
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2017-05-28 00:46:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Extract said: »
Asura is 100% trash.

Yes you're trash Frod we know, you should go back to quetz. Garbage SMN buying Legion drops in the ilvl era lul. Thanks for the 25m for the esper earring scrub.

Ha!
By geigei 2017-05-28 02:17:20
Link | Citer | R

Allready derailed.
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2017-05-28 02:32:08
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
Allready derailed.

This is why we can't have nice stuff people !!!
 Asura.Queenforever
By Asura.Queenforever 2017-05-28 03:39:59
Link | Citer | R

Alot of people do crafting nowadays, so unfortunately i couldnt just turn round and say do this etc, as i see shouts alot for hq stuff and i myself have several crafts 110 working on rest, so as other person said above best thing do is look at hq items and price/profit and how often sold/how many on ah etc. Sorry but asura does have alot of nasty people on it so you prob wont get very many useful replies to your post as alot of idiots on the server.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-05-28 04:03:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura is 100% trash.

....Ouch.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2017-05-28 08:51:38
Link | Citer | R

I would honestly say to choose your craft based on the jobs you play. Pick the craft that makes the better items for your job.
 Asura.Tamamir
By Asura.Tamamir 2017-05-28 10:28:32
Link | Citer | R

Not clothcraft.
 Asura.Dibble
user: Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2017-05-28 11:05:11
Link | Citer | R

If there was a gap in the market it would already be filled. The MMO crafting paradox.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-28 12:06:15
Link | Citer | R

Crafting isn't a get-rich-quick scheme. You need to be ahead of the curve to have much for expected profit synths, and even then you won't have amazing results unless you are able to gather some of the more expensive materials yourself in a time efficient manner.

Tiers are a very important part of crafting. Being 0-10 above craft skill cap gives roughly 1/64 hq rate. 11-30 is roughly 1/16, 31-50 is roughly 1/4, and 51+ is roughly 1/2. If you are looking at synths, make sure you will be able to hit the highest attainable tier.

For example, if you look at any jinxed headpieces, the recipe for -1>119 synth caps at 94. This means T2(31+) is attainable at 125, but currently only kupo shield owners can hit 125 skill. That makes it an essentially useless synth for anyone else, because the kupo shield owners are able to get 4x the HQ rate and put their sell price below anyone else's cost to make. Fortunately, kupo shields will presumably not be required to hit max tier on many synths once escutcheons are finished.

On the note of escutcheons, to get many other synths maximum tier, you'll need all of your guild point items and progress on(or completed) escutcheon. This means you have a 2+ month upfront wait to get the required guild points.

When looking for potential profit synths with this in mind, you pretty much have to accept that you won't know if the synth is still profitable by the time you're ready to attempt it. Realistically, the vast majority of profit is made by being ahead of the curve and being one of the first on a server to produce new HQs or break new tiers.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-05-28 21:42:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura is 100% trash.

wat? when did i buy esper? According to my scans it would have been 3+ years ago at least at this point.

Esper earring was BIS until omen came around with lugalbanda, so up until 6 months ago.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-28 22:41:26
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
I would honestly say to choose your craft based on the jobs you play. Pick the craft that makes the better items for your job.

This was true until Su3 gear...just wtf SE.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-05-28 23:27:00
Link | Citer | R

Crafting is about keeping your costs low and maximizing your profitability.

Crafters here missed that memo.

As for the OP, just craft what you want to make. Every craft is over-saturated, so don't care about the pool.
[+]
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-05-29 02:22:02
Link | Citer | R

If it can help, I did a powersearch of people on Asura having level 110 crafts.

12.6% Smithing
13.4% Clothcraft
15.5 % Alchemy
8.3¨% Woodworking
17% Goldsmithing
6,5 % Leathercraft
13% Bonecraft
13.7% Cooking

It's not totaly accurate because there's a lot of people not registered here, but it may be enough to put you in the right direction.
[+]
By geigei 2017-05-29 03:24:28
Link | Citer | R

^
There's still hope for humankind.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-05-29 04:25:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura is 100% trash.

You should take notes ITT if 25m is a big deal.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Robben
user: Robben
By Asura.Robben 2017-05-29 04:38:06
Link | Citer | R

Well cooking doesn't appear to be much use these days, certainly 'not for profit'.

Although it is nice to be able to craft your own power ups when thier needed. It's a lot easier to lvl cooking these days with teleporting home points (getting ingredients used to be a real pain).

Agree with comments above, do it for fun, do it to benefit your characters, do it for the love of the game.

Ask not what my server can do for me,
Ask what I can do for my server.
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-05-29 04:56:42
Link | Citer | R

Laevus said: »
WOW Neufko! This is great. Thank You so much. This really comes close to what my personal feeling was about the distribution. Atleast from what you can see when you run arround and see people craft, i.e: pretty even spread.

This is my personal feeling aswell. Leathercraft was mainly used (at least until the new may recipes) to make Sealord leather out of sealord skin for bonecrafters.
It may have changed though, that may be the new cool craft to pick up.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-29 05:13:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Robben said: »
Well cooking doesn't appear to be much use these days, certainly 'not for profit'.
Depends what you mean with "profit".
Can make small gil selling Sublime Sushi, Miso Ramen and the new food requiring KI.
Pear Crepes probably not worth it anymore, haven't checked.

Cooking suffers from a plethora of annoying ingredients required for every single recipe.
Ingredients of a single recipe are often recipes themselves, and this forces you to a very long chain of crafting.

You won't find some of these mats from NPC/vendors/Curio/GreenThumb, they're tipically not on AH and more often than not you'll have to farm them yourself (especially the fishing ones).
There's also a huge amount of people undercutting each others and making what would normally be decently profitable recipes, into barely profitable ones.

Still, can make some small gil with cooking, if you want to.
The real question should be another: could the time spent on cooking be spent on other in-game activities to generate more gil/hr?

I feel the answer is almost always a "yes", but a lot of players don't have the privilege of choice because of lack of LS/friends/groups, so cooking can be an interesting option.

Pros of cooking:
Cheap and fast to level

Cons of cooking:
It's the worst profession when it comes to Guild Points
Every bloody recipe (that matters) has 7-8 ingredients, some of which can be very annoying to obtain
It doesn't really have any big "gil maker" (those HQ cursed pieces or HQ crafted items, for instance)

Speaking about me, I'm very lazy but I probably made 30-50 millions gil with Cooking by crafting Miso Ramen and whatnot.
I kinda stopped, too many people transfered to Asura.
Bamboo shoots jumped from 5k each to >40k each, and way too many people crafting them, making it difficult to sell >> reducing the price you have to set on AH if you want to get a chance to sell within the next 2 months.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-29 05:17:39
Link | Citer | R

I don't even eat food a lot of the time. Unless it's a low-man situation on my COR I might use Sublime, otherwise Miso Ramen is the only worthwhile food in a lot of cases and most content doesn't put me in any danger that Miso could save me from.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-29 05:19:49
Link | Citer | R

Sublime Sushi, Miso Ramen, the new Food and a couple more things do sell Lady, trust me.
Problem is not that they don't sell, more than there's too many cooks.

Either way cooking can net you some small gil at best, forget the huge one-time big money makers from other professions.
But then again Cooking is also much cheaper and straightforward compared to other professions.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-29 05:30:41
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I don't have the patience for cooking, is all. My alt has 110 cooking, but I only have maybe 2 GP items? Haven't even accepted the shield, and I have a bunch of the miso soup but never done a single miso ramen synth, hah. I took up cooking because my early days of alchemy was making silver bullets so I was fine with the steady safe income of that type of craft, but silver bullets is 2 synths, cooking is 6-8 as you said. And nobody got time for that ***.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-29 05:42:50
Link | Citer | R

Cooking Shield would be useless (don't need the +3 skill to gain further Tiers in any useable recipe) but SE had the nice idea of binding new cool recipes behind the shield to "force" people to play their so much entertaining content of Eschuteons, so shield becomes indirectly necessary for cooks as well.

I'm ignoring that. *** spending 30+ mils gil and 3+ days of my life doing that stuff when I could be spending that precious time doing many other more interesting activities in-game (or simply playing one of the plentiful videogames I have in my backlog lol)

That's just me though, hey!