Asura.Byrne
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Byrne 2017-05-27 12:53:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Ragnarok.Zaryun said: »
I haven't been using Scythe much lately either but not hard to tell those sets look legit. The CR set is probably going to shine more 200~300 tp while a more DA focused set would probably beat it for 100~199 but you'll see good numbers either way.

CR always favors WSD even at 1000TP. It's two hits with a 2.0 / 1.0 split at 1000TP, but nobody here should have 1K WSTP as moonshade exists. At 1250 WSTP you have a 2.5 / 1.0 split where the first hit is 150% stronger then the second or any additional hits. CR doesn't get interesting until you try it with an Anguta and that's where it gets really strong. 3.5 / 1.0 at 1750 WSTP. Fotia makes first hit even more relevant for +WSD. The newer SU gear helps relieve some of the issues with gearing around Scythe WS's though they are still behind either of the power Great Sword WS's.

I didn't mention Fotia anywhere in that, merely pointing out that "Holding TP" is a very bad idea along with using a Multi-Attack instead of a WSD set on CR.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-27 13:04:20
Link | Citer | R

Great replies! I will take the caro/metalsinger argument into account. I think either way its close to a wash though. Even at 2% on your ws' allowing immediate ws after for what would be probably 3000tp I think would be worth it. The added dmg on avg from that tp bump on 2% of your ws' and the added sc dmg I am sure makes up for it. Sadly this is something you cannot spreedsheet.

I have a personal preference of using metalsinger over Prosilio+1 though. I find that attack is never an issue on drk. I sit around 2000 w/o any form of buff, and like 2200 in my CR set. Not to mention that metalsinger is +3str over prosilio+1 AND 6% DA which is a big deal in my book.

All great conversation though! I like it haha.

I do have a question though. For any drk's out there who have BOTH liberator and Anguta. Which do you find is performing better? I feel with the high leveles of multiattack gear we now have access too, that Liberators AM is way downplayed, and add that to the low base dmg... idk if it will outtake anguta in a zerg situation. Even if it could pump out 50% more ws's those ws would be doing so much less. Anyone can shed some light on this?
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2017-05-27 13:13:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Azagarth said: »
Great replies! I will take the caro/metalsinger argument into account. I think either way its close to a wash though. Even at 2% on your ws' allowing immediate ws after for what would be probably 3000tp I think would be worth it. The added dmg on avg from that tp bump on 2% of your ws' and the added sc dmg I am sure makes up for it. Sadly this is something you cannot spreedsheet.

If you make an argument in your lua, you can change which piece you are in depending on TP, to make it such that when you are at the 1000 fTP bracket you still use fotia, meaning when it procs you would still get that great 3000TP follow-up to it, as it would be present any time you aren't over the TP threshold specified in your lua. Otherwise it would have to be argued that the 2% chance to not use TP at 3000% would win out over 19 STR, some attack, DEX and Double attack, which I honestly don't know about.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-27 13:23:03
Link | Citer | R

Yes its hard to say, because you also have to factor in your losing out on 13~ acc.... you would have to make up elsewhere... its a hard call.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-27 14:17:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Byrne said: »
I haven't been using Scythe much lately either but not hard to tell those sets look legit. The CR set is probably going to shine more 200~300 tp while a more DA focused set would probably beat it for 100~199 but you'll see good numbers either way.

CR always favors WSD even at 1000TP. It's two hits with a 2.0 / 1.0 split at 1000TP, but nobody here should have 1K WSTP as moonshade exists. At 1250 WSTP you have a 2.5 / 1.0 split where the first hit is 150% stronger then the second or any additional hits. CR doesn't get interesting until you try it with an Anguta and that's where it gets really strong. 3.5 / 1.0 at 1750 WSTP. Fotia makes first hit even more relevant for +WSD. The newer SU gear helps relieve some of the issues with gearing around Scythe WS's though they are still behind either of the power Great Sword WS's.

I didn't mention Fotia anywhere in that, merely pointing out that "Holding TP" is a very bad idea along with using a Multi-Attack instead of a WSD set on CR.

Infrastructures transfer a perspective, while the innovators co-create standardizations.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2017-05-27 14:21:53
Link | Citer | R

Saevel,

Clearly you're not fully awake yet. I re-commented your post and bolded, italicized and underlined the part where you DID IN FACT mention Fotia for WSD, because you replied to me saying that you "Didn't even mention Fotia".

You should refrain from making irrelevant, clearly provocative posts, especially when you have a chip on your shoulder.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-27 14:32:52
Link | Citer | R

take it to pm please. If its not drk related, it shouldn't be here.

Byrne do you have a drk lua with the rules you stated earlier? I could pin it on front page if you do, i bet lots of drks would like to know how to code that.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2017-05-27 14:45:13
Link | Citer | R

Byrne do you have a drk lua with the rules you stated earlier? I could pin it on front page if you do, i bet lots of drks would like to know how to code that.

Not currently at home, but it would look like
Code
if player.tp > 1250 and skill.name == 'Cross Reaper' then
     equip(set_combine(sets.SETNAME, {neck="Caro Necklace",waist="Prosilio Belt+1"}))
elseif skill.name == 'Cross Reaper' then
     equip(sets.SETNAME)
end

^ I'm not near any of my gear swap files, since I'm at work, so the bit about how to reference the WS name is likely incorrect, but you get the idea.

Also I'll need to figure out which function branch it goes under, I'd find it now, but again I don't really have a way to do that right now

Also it can be done in reverse by using < instead of > with the combined pieces being the Fotia gear. doesn't matter really.

It is important, however, to make sure when you specify this that the elseif is accurate to each weaponskill, otherwise it could potentially put you in that gear for every weapon skill. As should always be the case with gearswap, be specific.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-27 15:01:52
Link | Citer | R

The group will be well equipped to innovate a cross-functional takeaway, whereas the network establishes the key target markets. To continue our growth, we must visualize next-generation, adequate and streamlining innovations from the get-go.
 Ragnarok.Zaryun
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zaryun
By Ragnarok.Zaryun 2017-05-27 16:30:52
Link | Citer | R

Show some figures to prove how bad it is please Saevel. I'd like to see from your own testing since you must have done plenty of it. Regarding what you and I were discussing which is 1250-1750 TP the difference between a resolution-esque set and a torcleaver-esque set is minimal. Maybe you're just over-exaggerating the difference to make yourself feel empowered, I can't tell... but for someone with your infinite wisdom you should know it isn't as "very bad" as you're hoping people believe it is. WSdmg will win, but not by the kind of difference you're hinting towards at that lvl of TP.

Moving forwards Azagarth's set is better than anything I can currently use and if I decide to take Anguta seriously I will definitely be investing in it.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-27 16:46:42
Link | Citer | R

Bonuses from moonshade along with any +fTP augmenting gear do not scale with player TP. Thus holding TP reduces WS frequency with the increased damage being less then damage from extra WS. The only thing holding TP gets you is prettt screenshots and epeen numbers, which is all you care about.

Keep the hate flowing though.
 Ragnarok.Zaryun
By Ragnarok.Zaryun 2017-05-27 17:14:31
Link | Citer | R

Bonuses from moonshade along with any +fTP augmenting gear do not scale with player TP. Thus holding TP reduces WS frequency with the increased damage being less then damage from extra WS. The only thing holding TP gets you is prettt screenshots and epeen numbers, which is all you care about.

Keep the hate flowing though.

/facepalm. I wasn't talking about holding TP. That wasn't even the original context of our discussion which should have been evident. I will agree I enjoy pretty screenshots and epeen dmg but to profoundly state that's all I care about is pretty shallow. Instead of derailing Aza'a thread lets try to stay on topic and I apologise if my "empowered" comment rubbed you the wrong way.

I don't hate you either I just wish you didn't cross the line of being informative and intellectual to being straight up arrogant and obnoxious because it's much too often and detracts from valuable info you have to offer.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-27 17:21:35
Link | Citer | R

I don't hate you either I just wish you didn't cross the line of being informative and intellectual to being straight up arrogant and obnoxious because it's much too often and detracts from valuable info you have to offer.

I am not your friend, I don't want your vote, and your feelings are of zero value to me. Your emoness is something only you can deal with.
By Blazed1979 2017-05-27 17:27:15
Link | Citer | R

Everyone needs more friends man!
Cmon Saev, don't be such a grouch.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zaryun
By Ragnarok.Zaryun 2017-05-27 17:37:40
Link | Citer | R

I am not your friend, I don't want your vote, and your feelings are of zero value to me. Your emoness is something only you can deal with.

Lol, Wow. You've just taken this to a really weird and awkward place. Good job.
 Bahamut.Ballzack
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lorax
By Bahamut.Ballzack 2017-05-27 17:55:05
Link | Citer | R

Not currently at home, but it would look like
Code
if player.tp > 1250 and skill.name == 'Cross Reaper' then
     equip(set_combine(sets.SETNAME, {neck="Caro Necklace",waist="Prosilio Belt+1"}))
elseif skill.name == 'Cross Reaper' then
     equip(sets.SETNAME)
end

^ I'm not near any of my gear swap files, since I'm at work, so the bit about how to reference the WS name is likely incorrect, but you get the idea.

Also I'll need to figure out which function branch it goes under, I'd find it now, but again I don't really have a way to do that right now

Also it can be done in reverse by using < instead of > with the combined pieces being the Fotia gear. doesn't matter really.

It is important, however, to make sure when you specify this that the elseif is accurate to each weaponskill, otherwise it could potentially put you in that gear for every weapon skill. As should always be the case with gearswap, be specific.
Code
 if player.tp > 1250 and player.equipment.main == 'Anguta' and spell.english == 'Cross Reaper' then
		equip(set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Cross Reaper'], {neck="Caro Necklace",waist="Metalsinger Belt"}))
	elseif player.tp > 1750 and player.equipment.main == 'Apocalypse' or player.equipment.main == 'Liberator' and spell.english == 'Cross Reaper' then
		equip(set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Cross Reaper'], {neck="Caro Necklace",waist="Metalsinger Belt"}))
	else
		if spell.english == 'Cross Reaper' then
			equip(sets.precast.WS['Cross Reaper'])
		end
	end

I just did mine like this granted I dont know if its right but it works none the less with the way my lua is setup or should I say the way Az's modified lua is setup
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-27 21:02:22
Link | Citer | R

Ok if your going to be using a WSTP function then a more global method to do it is this.

At the start of precast before you check for any WS's. It's a method I devised for Upheaval since it has two different operating regimes that favor Multi-Attack under 2000TP and WSD over 2000TP and there are too many situations to make a ***ton of elseif statements.
Code
if player.equipment.main == 'Chango' then  --Check for Aeonic and if present add 500 to TPBonus, otherwise set to 0
		TPBonus = 500
	else
		TPBonus = 0
	end

Then during the WS check section
Code
if 	spell.english == 'Upheaval' then			
				TPBonus = TPBonus + 250  --This adds the moonshade bonus to TPBonus
				CurrentTP = player.tp + TPBonus  --This adds your TP and TPBonus together to get the actual WSTP
				send_command('@input /echo TP Bonus '..TPBonus.. ' CurrentTP '..CurrentTP)  --I like to see lots of feedback on whats going on with my gearswaps.

if CurrentTP > 2000 then  --If the total TP is over 2000 then use the WSD set
				equip(sets.UpheavalA)
				send_command('@input /echo Upheaval WSD Set')
				else  --Otherwise use the Multi-Attack set
				equip(sets.UpheavalB)
				send_command('@input /echo Upheaval DA Set')
				end				

This can be adapted to fit any WS, specifically Insurgency since that one functions nearly identically to Upheaval.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Roughwind
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: roughwind
By Lakshmi.Roughwind 2017-05-30 13:36:22
Link | Citer | R

so is the majority agreeing on cross reaper without fotia and using carro/metal-sliinger?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-30 13:44:25
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Roughwind said: »
so is the majority agreeing on cross reaper without fotia and using carro/metal-sliinger?

Neck should be Fotia but only because of lack of solid alternatives. Belt can be Prosilio Belt +1, Metalsinger Belt, or even Grunfeld though I think Metalsinger ends up being the "best", Fotia works well if your not using Anguta and using CR at 1000TP.
 Lakshmi.Roughwind
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: roughwind
By Lakshmi.Roughwind 2017-05-30 14:00:30
Link | Citer | R

Thank you Saevel. I actually passed my chance obtaining anguta three times now , happy using my redemption. using cross reaper at 1750+, but will get anguta eventually for trophy.
 Sylph.Darkside
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2017-06-02 17:27:28
Link | Citer | R

These are my current set's. Feel free to offer advice, I love to improve.

SCYTHE BUILDS
GREAT SWORD BUILDS
Utility Sets
So Aza, with that additional scythe skills and ws dmg on the ratri pieces. Is it a pretty significant jump in damage with Apoc? I think if I added it up it's like 4% better than what I currently have. So please don't say it's about 4%. =P

We all know how this game goes. Everyone hustles to get the newest gear only to be put down when the af2 +3 comes out or whatever is next. If it's significant like 2-5k than ok I'll knuckle under. Lol. But if it's not I might wait and see. Plus it will probably drop in price.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-02 20:06:39
Link | Citer | R

the full set is under 20 min now, and seeing at we really only need 4/5 your looking at 15m~ not bad for the full set because you would want it for HP in dread spikes anyhow.

Honestly Idk atm what I think dmg wise. I havent parsed it enough to give a great answer, but for initial testing on trash mobs it felt a lot better. Its rare I would see 19k catas w/o a DA proc and I did get some on fodder. Normally 15k~16k. However my cata set before did have about 14 wsd less than my current so my jump is alot bigger than 4, not counting the str/int vomit.

However CR was impacted greatly. I had never got consistent 45k~ CR at 3k tp. I have hit that and even poped off a few 50ks when I was doing wkr spamming. I havent tested it outside of that though. But even then my best CR's would barely break 40k before and I have done a ton of wkr lol. The fact you can get massive str AND mnd AND wsd all in same slott was a big deal in my book.

Over my old sets which were very good too, I feel cata jumped a little over a 1k boost and CR could easily be 4k+ more. No math, low testing, all playing around on non serious stuff. All but body due to af+3 is worth getting IMO, BUT if you got near perfect augs then then a few wont win, and others would be side grades. The HQ set is going to be fing insane though if I can every get it. +63 wsd on CR/Cata/Quiets is just something crazy to me, I would expect scythe to actually out dps GS at that amount.

I think the biggest part of the set from a WS point is that you retain a fairly high lv of acc, while getting very good wsd/str/int/mnd etc. I sit at well over 1200 in all those scythe sets to give you an idea. While you 'might' get a better aug off odys gear (slim chance) from a wsd/str perspective you probably wont get the acc to go with it. Thats my problem before, I can never seem to get 15 str 30+ acc AND 4 wsd, or 10 str 30+ acc AND 5wsd.... and this ratri stuff is damn near those stats for odys gear anyhow, or slightly beat it. So ya.... not a bad set.
 Sylph.Darkside
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2017-06-03 02:05:30
Link | Citer | R

That is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for. Thank you!
 Odin.Nappy
Serveur: Odin
user: Nappypup
By Odin.Nappy 2017-06-04 20:53:45
Link | Citer | R

Another tip for anyone that is interested, if you're pretty good with editing luas, it's not very difficult to edit your TParty addon to change through multiple colors depending on your TP. For instance, mine turns light blue at 1000TP, Green at 1250TP, yellow at 2250TP, and red at 3000TP (for aftermath). It may seem like a small quality of life change, but it's really helpful for any build you have that rely on 2000 effective TP ƒTP/WSD builds.

I would love that code :P
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-04 21:29:03
Link | Citer | R

So Scythe has really been impressive. Pulling consistent 18k+ catas now with full buffs, and my combined avg with catas + CR on kirin/woc is into mid 30s now, so I expect it to be like that on anything of note. If I really wanted to get higher I could just ditch cata (lowers you avg but isnt terrible for the AM).

The even better part is this is ALL with APOC :D meaning the weakest of our ream scythes. I expect with anguta to be doing 35k+ avg at event with scythe. Testing with anguta should happen this month as I am close to finishing it.

Guess scythe isnt so lol now with this ratri gear.... really has upped dmg more than I expected. The SS below is NO TEMPS (soliders etc), your basic SV 4 song ream brd buffs, hunter/chaos roll. Lots of room to improve WS dmg too as HQ ratri would give me some +7 wsd and a ton of stats.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-05 09:52:22
Link | Citer | R

I expect with anguta to be doing 35k+ avg at event with scythe.

It's about 29~30K on average. Now if you get a quad attack in the final attack round and end up with 1700+ TP then you can get much bigger numbers, or if a Warrior has given you Warcry, or if you had a Fotia belt proc and end up with your second WS being 2K+. CR is a monster WS when it's powered up, still weaker then Reso / Torc but not quite as lolz as it was previously. The issue now has moved to the other supporting WS's since CR is Distortion and doesn't have a T3 SC property. Quietus can be made to do decent damage by piling on WSD and STR, but it's fTP not scaling limits it's damage potential which limits your SC potential and SCing is the reason to use Scythe over GS.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-05 10:19:42
Link | Citer | R

My avg on Kirin was 31,500k~ yesterday and that includes 3- 18.8k catas in it. So 35k+ I don't see as being far off. Regardless my Resos normally avg 30k~ over a Kirin fight when I use rag, and thats holding until 1750. War has higher reso avgs, and I have a ton of experience with torc and it can but is hard to avg 30k, your normally high 20's like 28k~ but again your spamming that at 1k tp lol.

The reality of it though is this. I only saw one sub 20k CR that whole fight, and thats because a hit missed. Every time I connected both hits at 1k~ it was around 30k mark, 2k - 40k, and 3k its getting 50s, and 60 was obviously my cap. It has very good scaling, and it left me more surprise that I got reso type avgs using an apoc, yes apoc our weakest of ream options. Anguta will just be silly, and we had no wars or shiva, which would just skew it even more. I would essentially be wsing at 3k at 1k.... would be nice haha.

I already have a functional 14% QA 4% TA 31% DA - 4 hit (said 4 hit leaves you at 1270 tp btw, so I can ws at 2k potency) for anguta anyhow once I get it. So having more tp will be very common. tp overflow into the 1900~s will probably be a common occurrence then +750 onto that.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-05 21:06:37
Link | Citer | R

Here is how the math on CR breaks down and why your overestimating your damage and only counting your lucky hits.

2.0 / 4.0 / 7.0

I'm using Anguta so 370 base DMG and 1750 TP and a target with 200VIT. I also have near perfect gear, just missing HQ Ratri which I won't pursue anytime soon.

3.5 fTP on first hit, with Fotia x2 (just to make this easy) 3.7
1.0 on the extra hit.

Standing outside MH I'm looking at
Weapon 370 base DMG
114 + 220 STR = 334 * .6 = +200 STR WSC
94 + 121 MND = 215 * .6 = +129 MND WSC
101 + 139 DEX = 240 * .1 = +24 DEX WSC
34.5 fSTR

757.5, that is a very big WSC

Capped 2H attack ratio is 3.75, which then has a random value added to it (-/+0.375) so 3.375 ~ 4.125 then a random value between 1 and 1.05 is multiplied just to *** with us. Since we want averages we're gonna use the 3.75 value and 1.025 multiplier. 3.84375 is our pDiff multiplier and 1.62 is our WSD multiplier.

757 * 3.7 * 3.84375 * 1.62 = 17440.85

That's the main hit

Extra hit is

757 * 1.0 * 3.84375 * 1.0 = 2909.71875

Total average is 20350.56875

Now that's the average of capped attack while standing in town, Reisen can add another 60 STR and boost-DEX is another 25 for 85 STR, Absorb-STR isn't used because you should be using NV DS on Drain III for the HP and anything worth talking about will resist regular absorbs. So add 51 base DMG from STR and another 21 base DMG from fSTR. 829 / 757 = 1.09511, so about 22K damage average.

Now if we are mediocre DD's and not WSing when we're able to then it looks like this.

829 * 7.2 * 3.84375 * 1.62 = 37166.9715
829 * 3.84375 = 3186.4687

40353 Averaged.

And if we completely ignore all WS's where you don't roll high on pDiff then

829 * 7.2 * 4.3312 * 1.62 = 41880.34
829 * 4.3312 = 3590.5648

45470 "Average" Damage, and by Average I mean we ignore every other attack that doesn't roll the way we want it to. When you got the random QA off your ring which can raise that number another 10~12K.

So the absolute average is going to be slightly over 20K, but with Fotia and TP overflow from multi-attack your looking at 29~30K tops. Now you can push it up by just being a mediocre DD and WSing slowly, which is what 99.9% of the DD's in this game do. Torc / Reso easily beat CR for average WS damage, especially if you spent all the stones getting VIT/Acc/Atk/WSD gear for Torc. Scythe just happens to have far better SC capability so you can use Anguta and do some really silly ***with 99K Umbras.

-Edit-

The above numbers are slightly higher since I forgot to account for the extra 60 MND and DEX, +36 WSC from the MND and +6 WSC from the DEX.

Went inside Reisen with Fortitude blessing to get better numbers for those doing this level content. 23388.3725 is what the average will be, and I confirmed that vs various mobs. With full buffs I was able to do a 21K Entropy to a 35K CR to make a 47K darkness on an Ascended Mosquito. So while it's weaker then Reso / Torc the SC's are bad ***.
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-06-05 21:26:57
Link | Citer | R

That, or there was a WAR present.

In which CR can absolutely hit 30kish without multi attacks.
By Blazed1979 2017-06-05 21:29:49
Link | Citer | R

Liberate(or) yourselves.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 53 54 55