Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Equipment Exploit
Equipment Exploit
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-19 11:05:16
Link | Citer | R

I had no idea of nearly all of those exploits. Wow wtf???
 Fenrir.Snaps
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-01-19 11:07:30
Link | Citer | R

I've had a +3 item for over a week. I don't think anybody actually utilized that exploit to try and get armor as it was clear that it was going to get fixed soon and it's very easy to detect that from the logs.
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-19 11:07:32
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Eh I just play lol. But yeah I guess people are lame and trying to find short cuts.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-19 11:17:32
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Drakenv said: »

Eh I just play lol. But yeah I guess people are lame and trying to find short cuts.

Seriously. Not enough time in the day for me to keep up.

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I've had a +3 item for over a week. I don't think anybody actually utilized that exploit to try and get armor as it was clear that it was going to get fixed soon and it's very easy to detect that from the logs.

Well true. I shouldn't assume. I guess what could have been done was someone may have accumulated a mass amount of cards but never used them, and just changed jobs. It just means they'd never need to omen on RUN ever again. Or they could have amassed such a large amount and converted it to another, less desirable Omen-friendly job. I'm being extremely hypothetical, I get that. But according to Proth, nobody was ever banned. So the logs being readable by SE meant nothing in the end.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-19 11:21:13
Link | Citer | R

SE doesn't announce who they ban in public. They didn't even announce that they fixed it, it was just inferred by people who knew about it from the NPC being removed.

While I didn't know anyone who stashed cards to try to keep them, I've not seen anyone I would believe used it. Entirely possible those who exploited it were banned and we just didn't hear about it, unless a person is known to have made a bunch of cards and kept them.

Edit: They may also have wanted to go lenient since this could be accomplished with the vanilla client, even accidentally. Parsing logs and blanket banning everyone who did it is easy: looking for people who later threw out the items, only did it once for X amount, did it but reported it, and all those other exceptions is a much larger task. It's something that someone could've even done accidentally and not noticed if it was only a couple cards. Very unlike the other listed exploits(and the one mentioned in this thread), where an intentional modification to the game client is required to even get the effects and there's no doubt it was deliberate.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-19 11:22:31
Link | Citer | R

Fair point. I'll leave the CSI detective theory out of the discussion. I have no proof.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-19 11:40:16
Link | Citer | R

Fair point. I'll leave the CSI detective theory out of the discussion. I have no proof.
I'm still waiting for proof in general :0 not assumptions. Is it possible sure. It's like saying "you're guilty for killing that girl." Where's your evidence? "Well if you did it would have been done like this blah blah."
By Purrrple 2017-01-19 11:45:04
Link | Citer | R

When are these losers going to realize that posting ***on here or bragging on skype about exploits is only going to get some little snake to report it them to the se task force.

Seems like some had a nice little money maker here and that moron who posted the ss is what triggered Bro to go on a reporting spree.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-19 11:45:11
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure what we're talking about, the equipment glitch or the dupe bug. If its the latter, Proth explained on page 2 that it was possible, and he even reported it on OF. Not sure what proof you need to see when SE subsequently "fixed" the NPC.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-19 11:47:54
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure what we're talking about, the equipment glitch or the dupe bug. If its the latter, Proth explained on page 2 that it was possible, and he even reported it on OF. Not sure what proof you need to see when SE subsequently "fixed" the NPC.
Equipment glitch. Odd on the bug thread detailed information about certain exploits :0. Then again Posting here does nothing per the issue SE can and only they can fix.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-19 11:53:02
Link | Citer | R

Either way whoever does this is really testing their account. If it's a huge issue or not we shall see in the future.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-19 11:59:08
Link | Citer | R

Where it comes to crafting, I can absolutely see the problem. I don't craft, so I'm kind of indifferent. If someone were to use this to trio WoC or merc aeonics lowman, I'd probably not care much. But historically it has been the norm that if you are gaining an insane advantage via gil accumulation, SE will take action. The "wait and see" approach never works out, they always catch them. This is because Gil has real-life value in many instances.

The only time I have seen exploits go unbanned is if gil is not directly involved and a person is using some advantage for non-financial gain. How many people used flee and Cutscene skipper tools to finish those annoying mission questlines that were perma-banned? Likely, they had a rap sheet a mile long of offenses and SE cut the cord on them.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-19 12:02:13
Link | Citer | R

Where it comes to crafting, I can absolutely see the problem. I don't craft, so I'm kind of indifferent. If someone were to use this to trio WoC or merc aeonics lowman, I'd probably not care much. But historically it has been the norm that if you are gaining an insane advantage via gil accumulation, SE will take action. The "wait and see" approach never works out, they always catch them. This is because Gil has real-life value in many instances.

The only time I have seen exploits go unbanned is if gil is not directly involved and a person is using some advantage for non-financial gain. How many people used flee and Cutscene skipper tools to finish those annoying mission questlines that were perma-banned? Likely, they had a rap sheet a mile long of offenses and SE cut the cord on them.
lol yeah I was banned for a 3 day but I deserved it. I was being an *** to the GM lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2017-01-19 12:07:14
Link | Citer | R

Did they ever fix the exploit of completing assault missions via all seeing eye? Thought I saw talk of it but I can't find it in this topic.
 Odin.Taffy
user: Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-01-19 12:08:20
Link | Citer | R

I'm still waiting for proof in general :0 not assumptions. Is it possible sure. It's like saying "you're guilty for killing that girl." Where's your evidence? "Well if you did it would have been done like this blah blah."

This reminds me of the "If I did it: Confessions of the killer" book that OJ Simpson wrote.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-19 12:14:19
Link | Citer | R

Please explain how positive proof would be acquired if the person using the exploit had the foresight to only do so inside their mog house.

The exploit exists.

The crafting market is full of items that can only be produced at a net loss.

The amount of many jinxed in play far exceeds the amount of materials needed to produce them.

It's as close to proof as anyone is going to get.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-19 12:14:55
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Commencal said: »
Did they ever fix the exploit of completing assault missions via all seeing eye? Thought I saw talk of it but I can't find it in this topic.
I'm assuming not my friend still doing mythics no issue
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-01-19 12:16:09
Link | Citer | R

You guys and your fantasies of superdps or super craft skill.

16 Luzaf rings! To buff the party through the entire zone!
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-19 12:21:44
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
You guys and your fantasies of superdps or super craft skill.

16 Luzaf rings! To buff the party through the entire zone!
Lol maybe there will be an exploit of JAs for jobs..paladin invincible times 12
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-01-19 12:27:58
Link | Citer | R

Bounty Shot +24 plz
[+]
By Bamboom 2017-01-19 12:28:21
Link | Citer | R

Wonder if there will be any bans/punishment to go along with this. At this state of the game and the size of the playerbase I highly doubt that there will be any harsh repercussions... If people were only banned for 3 days and got to keep their fortunes during the last big ban wave, I cant imagine this time will be any different.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-01-19 12:29:19
Link | Citer | R

People were perma banned following the last exploit fix.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-19 12:34:33
Link | Citer | R

Facts
By Lyramion 2017-01-19 12:59:18
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Thanks for that link, I couldn't find it. I was wondering how someone already had a +3 item a week or so ago, though it could just mean they were spamming Omen on RUN since release.

I did party Omen about every day since it came out. I had to do 2x Solo runs over Xmas days but we got 2x Free KI from Chests.

This resulted in a total of:
71x COR Cards
28x SCH Cards

So if you only did lower cost slots you could even have 2x +3 by now.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-19 15:13:56
Link | Citer | R

Facts

And what exploit would this be? Konvict is still walking among us...
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2017-01-19 16:02:13
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Late to the party but my dream of Octa-wield guns and sleep with them nekkid finally come true!

I'm 1-upping yours... 8D

Asura.Frod
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2017-01-19 16:09:11
Link | Citer | R

I just want to see someone /checkparam an av with 15 nirvanas on and sancus/seraphicaller. Bonus points if they hit something witb flaming crush or volt.
[+]
By Bamboom 2017-01-19 16:21:16
Link | Citer | R

Nice.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-19 16:30:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Frod said: »
I just want to see someone /checkparam an av with 15 nirvanas on and sancus/seraphicaller. Bonus points if they hit something witb flaming crush or volt.
One Avatar to Rule them all! XD
[+]
By veb2277 2017-01-19 19:59:08
Link | Citer | R

The excess HQs in circulation and low prices is just a coincidence of excess crafting and undercutting by people too stupid to realize that they'll bankrupt themselves if they sell at those prices. The market will normalize itself, because there was a major influx of crafting materials and nq pieces from the couple last login. I doubt an equipment exploit is happening. Find it funny, but maybe a coincidence that the person who is most objective to buy and sell threads is the one to bring this "expoit" up and scare everyone. Then point fingers at someone for spending their gil on materials and getting a lucky streak in HQ synthesis. The demand isn't there as it was before and too much supply, hence abnormally low prices for the NQ pieces and people undercutting.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13