By trinironnie 2017-01-12 18:55:05
Link | Citer | R

/ PUP RISE UP!
By Verda 2017-01-12 19:33:17
Link | Citer | R

knoxvegas said: »
Jp rng strat looks pretty easy when pld holds hate
YouTube Video Placeholder

A JP friend of mine said that this is doable but the tank goes bald with stress xD

The mechanic of the aura and hate reset according to those that did that video is: "not facing for 4 sec = aura up and hate reset"

So you have to turn you back only to avoid moves you want to avoid like charm. And then they said "1 miss = death". >.>
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-12 19:35:27
Link | Citer | R

Can't speak for other tanks, but that "don't *** up" mechanic sounds fun. I like doing things other than hitting a macro every once in a while.
[+]
By Verda 2017-01-12 19:40:52
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Can't speak for other tanks, but that "don't *** up" mechanic sounds fun. I like doing things other than hitting a macro every once in a while.
I hear ya :D

Some additional info from my friend:
Facing: Petri + Doom Move, Silence + Amnesia Move
Back Turned: Charm Move, Petri + Poison Move
And "sorry I don't know the names of the moves xD"

Open question:
Byrth said blinding potions might work in the other thread anyone try it?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-12 19:47:41
Link | Citer | R

JP I'm with simplified it as if a move has Disregard in the name, you look towards it. Everything else you look away for.

Edit: And after doing a run, that does seem to be the case.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-12 20:53:06
Link | Citer | R

Yeah this one really requires everyone to be on point and pay attention. One screw up can spell game over. I also like that you can't just cheese it by having everyone stand at 20 feet and using SMN's or RNG's to avoid everything.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-12 21:27:08
Link | Citer | R

Cleared VD intense doing the supertank RNG method. The heart rate definitely goes off the charts if tanking.

Edit: Experienced something new on another run. Boss did full party Draw-in > Imperiling Disregard. Wasn't very fun.
 Sylph.Ice
Serveur: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2017-01-12 22:13:12
Link | Citer | R

Fun fact, they can draw-in on VD. Not sure what triggered it but:http://imgur.com/a/4laaC

Edit: Was triggered by Petrification, but not sure what triggered it on this particular run.

EDIT2: Seems that it draws in if the mobs are facing you, and you're dealing damage from too far a distance. If you're at a distance but the backside is facing the RNGs, draw in doesn't occur.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-12 22:56:49
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Ice said: »
Seems that it draws in if the mobs are facing you, and you're dealing damage from too far a distance. If you're at a distance but the backside is facing the RNGs, draw in doesn't occur.
I always hold them with the RNGs attacking from the mobs' back and we've had Draw-in twice.
 Sylph.Ice
Serveur: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2017-01-12 23:01:38
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Ice said: »
Seems that it draws in if the mobs are facing you, and you're dealing damage from too far a distance. If you're at a distance but the backside is facing the RNGs, draw in doesn't occur.
I always hold them with the RNGs attacking from the mobs' back and we've had Draw-in twice.

Yeah, two runs later it still drew in afterwards. So still not sure what actually causes the drawin.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-13 02:23:40
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
PUP's of Asura... We're on a a mission from God.

Hey hey hey hey Rua!
Don't you! Forget about me!
Don't don't don't don't! Don't you, forget about me, baby!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-01-13 07:57:45
Link | Citer | R

/stare
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-13 11:53:08
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
EES is totally irrelevant to Automatons, I didn't realize it was even something happening in this fight until I read what other people were saying. These things aren't going to kill you, they are hella weak. I've been using VE/SS, AP4, ARK4, MJ4, OF1+2, Attuner, TS4, Coiler 1+2, TC 1+2, Inhibitor II. I change out Inhibitor for strobe when not ODing.
Tried this on D, worked fine but there's something that's not clear.
How were you handling the petrifiing Lamia? I was there with another pup and we were getting constantly petrified, I had to spam Repair.
Also which maneuvers were you keeping up? Light Thunder Wind?
Last but not lest, which gear were you using? I was in my pet_DD gear, not in my pet_tank one.

Oddly enough I parsed 45% damage with capped accuracy despite me being only 1400ish JPs and having average gear...
 Asura.Yankke
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Yankke 2017-01-13 12:19:00
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Godofgods said: »

/stare

LMAO... GOOD ONE...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-01-13 12:28:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Tried this on D, worked fine but there's something that's not clear.
How were you handling the petrifiing Lamia? I was there with another pup and we were getting constantly petrified, I had to spam Repair.

It won't land on the OD PUP, after than main NM dies you go after that one and whittle it down. You shouldn't need to repair or maintain more than once, I don't think I use it at all most fights.

Also which maneuvers were you keeping up? Light Thunder Wind?

During Overdrive, Light Fire Thunder if using Sharpshot. Light Fire Fire if you are one of the tanking puppets until the main NM dies, then Light Fire Wind.

Last but not lest, which gear were you using? I was in my pet_DD gear, not in my pet_tank one.

I switch between Pet TP, Tanking and my DEX Pet WS set throughout the fight.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-13 13:10:50
Link | Citer | R

We did it on VD with 4x PUP 1 COR (was he doing anything?) and 1 SMN.
3 of us used OD, or 2 of us? w/e.
Main NM and petrifying one died at the same time and we still had like more than 1 min left on Overdrive, wtf o.o
Didn't get petrified even once.

Then we proceeded to kill the charming one, Friggs. Took is a couple of mins, after Overdrive wore off things slowed down.
Consider I was the PUP with the highest JPs at 1385 lol

It's very easy this way but we can't really rely on OD on each run now, can we? I don't get how you weren't getting petrified that often.
Me and the other pup were getting petri very often, I had to use Repair 5+ times on our first D run without overdrive.

I'm sure we were doing something wrong, I just can't understand what.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-01-13 14:46:32
Link | Citer | R

knoxvegas said: »
Jp rng strat looks pretty easy when pld holds hate

We did a few runs this way, and it works.

Like others have said, a quick, competent tank is the key. If anybody pulls hate, at any time, it's gonna be really hard for the tank to get it back. Have your RNG's decoy on the GEO and WHM (especially during Freyja, since she takes so much damage from piercing) to help out.

We differed from the vid in that we took Frigg to 5% first, then switched to Freyja -- really critical that the PLD turns right before the pt kills Freyja because Frigg will immediately pop Charmga.

Teamwork/communication are paramount in this one. Keep your tanks and healer updated on the current HP% of the main, and you won't get any nasty surprises.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-13 18:14:07
Link | Citer | R

Trulusia among the attachments you suggested there's Magic Shield IV, why? Which attacks are magical?
By Darksparksnot 2017-01-17 01:19:39
Link | Citer | R

Any updates on strategy for this? W/o turning on moves maybe?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-17 01:23:55
Link | Citer | R

45 second charm can be a run killer. There's another move that is a hate reset that also inflicts a 15 second terror, so probably not a good idea to stay facing them 100% of the time. Need to either get attentive people or do flan.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-17 01:57:45
Link | Citer | R

Darksparksnot said: »
Any updates on strategy for this? W/o turning on moves maybe?
I've sorta refined the strategy Trulusia posted, but it still requires at least 3 PUP.
1x COR is very useful but not necessary.
Setup is something like:
1) 3x PUP (at least 500 JPs, the more the merrier)
2) 1x COR (not necessary, helps a ton)
3) 2x SMN or PUP (can be 3x if no COR)

The flow of the fight is like this:
1) 3x PUP start the fight, each engaging a different NM. Fight Freyja in the middle, bring Skathi SW, bring Friggs NE
2) the additional SMNs or PUPs go on the main NM (Freyja)
3) Once things are in position, the PUP on the main NM uses Overdrive. Unless his gear sucks, Frey is gonna be dead with the PUP having 1-2 mins left on Overdrive.
4) Once main NM is dead, move to Skathi
5) Once Skathi is dead, move to Friggs.

Always keep 20+ yalms away from the NMs, their AoEs can be dangerous, for different reasons.

Setup tips:
1) I suggest PUPs and COR to be /WHM for Reraise, occasional cures, SS, Blink, raise other people if some mistake happens and someone dies
2) Only one Overdrive per run is necessary, so PUPs can rotate and you won't have to reset SPs (fight takes 6-10 mins according to how good your gear is, arguably faster than farming the KI and zoning lol)
3) COR, if present, uses Crooked Cards Companion Roll, then Beast Roll. If the PUP are very low level and suck in general, Drachen Roll in place of Beast
4) I suggest Shiromochi food for all pet jobs unless you're jobmaster/have good gear, in which case you can probably survive with Akamochi or even Kusamochi, who knows.
5) Make the additional people on the NM (wether they're SMN or PUP) keep their SP ready as a safety measure to use if the PUP using Overdrive has ***gear (Freyja going down too slowly) or if he dies etc
6) SMNs use Ramuh and spam Volt Strike. I had my SMN use Shock Squall on cooldown too but honestly I don't know if it lands, probably not.

Attachments and Maneuvers
The PUP using overdrive has to be using Valoredge Head and Sharpshoot body.
Attachments have to be: Tension String 4, Attuner, Optic Fiber 1 & 2, Coiler 1 & 2, Autorepair Kit 4, Armor Plate 4, Magic Jammer 4, Turbo Charger 1 & 2, Target Marker.
If your gear/JPs are good you can swap Target Marker for Inhibitor II.
If you're not on Overdrive role, swap the last slot (Target Marker/Inhibitor) for StrobeII, and you can use the same setup for holding Skathi/Friggs.

Honestly though, I suggest a different setup for Skathi at least.
That is Valoredge Head/Body, and then stick Resister 1&2, Flashbulb, Strobe 1&2, fill the other slots with stuff from the previous setup (can remove the damaging attachments while you're holding).
With this setup you can resist (not 100%) the petrification from Skathi, which is really annoying.

Yes, the person on Skathi needs to be fast in noticing when your automaton gets petrified, and use Repair (AF1 feet necessary!) or Maintenance whenever that happens.

As soon as main NM is dead and other people join you on Skathi, you can use Autocontrol Addon to deactivate your Automaton and reactivate with a DD setup (VE head, SS body, see attachments above).

As far as maneuvers are concerned, during OD I used Light, Thunder, Fire.
While DDing without Overdrive I kept Light, Thunder, Wind.
If you're holding Skathi with the secondary setup I posted above, use either Lightx2, Water or Waterx2, Light.

That's it, interesting and easy fight with this setup, the most annoying part is farming the KI.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-17 01:59:46
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of the KI farming, if you have the Caedarva Mire survival guide (it's close to the Arrapago Zone, next to Medusa) that's an excellent spot to be farming fast AS LONG AS NOBODY ELSE is doing the same and you're the only group.
There's one Lamia close to the book, then zone and go close to Medusa to find all the other necessary Lamias.

Otherwise there's "Deserter" assault in Ilrusi Atoll. Need to pay attention to not "crit" and break their weapons or they will become NPCs though.
There's a loooot of running around in this assault, alas.
By geigei 2017-01-17 02:12:16
Link | Citer | R

Unfortunately going pup route is not option for us, rng yes, melee yes...i find it absurd one month can do 50k in a few days then next month lie on the floor.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-17 02:17:08
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
Unfortunately going pup route is not option for us, rng yes, melee yes...i find it absurd one month can do 50k in a few days then next month lie on the floor.
Alas not the first month this happens.

I find pros and cons in this approach SE took.
I'm not talking when the fight is simply not doable (remember the Quadavs fight?), but when it just "requires" specific setups to be efficient.

On one hand this is annoyng when you don't have any of the jobs required, forcing you to get 20k+ points with Vol2, and we all know how painful that can be.
On the other hand it kinda cycles the "flavor of the month" job, so that jobs that rarely get a spotlight, can finally benefit from something for one month instead of just zerging everything with the same 2 setups (SC+MB on one side, "throw BLUs at it" on the other side) we've been using on everything else for the past years.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-17 02:34:14
Link | Citer | R

The problem with ambuscade requiring specific jobs is you know it's temporary content and all the effort may be for naught text month.

Last month required SMN and RNG, not just because of the shield, but because the BLU NM's insane damage and the fact that bio could get to absurd levels. And the shield was just absurd.

This month likes, at least, the same jobs.

Ambuscade is ridiculous content, as we all know and it's BS that they "force" us to suffer so many runs. Yeah you don't have to but what are your other options for acquiring bayld, and especially HMP?

As much as I wish some jobs would get some real love, at least when it requires PLD, WHM, SCH, BLM, BLU THF, etc, everyone knows decent players on those jobs.

It's kind of like how most Ambus have favored melee or flat out required them. Instead of fixing some of the problems in balance, they're almost handing ambuscade to us as a token reward.

Good boy, swing those daggers.

(The AGI nerf was nice, aoe nerf less so.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-17 02:39:04
Link | Citer | R

Most of the time I don't even remember there has been an AoE nerf, honestly :x
By Draylo 2017-01-17 02:43:54
Link | Citer | R

This favors BST and it can't stand!
By Verda 2017-01-17 05:58:26
Link | Citer | R

Beat this with only one RNG and COR as dps on VD, that said it's a rough ride lots of potential pitfalls.

* A strong last stand + radiance from RNG can kill an add from 35% -> dead so be careful not to finish off the add you're weakening.
* Got draw in almost every fight, not sure why :( I stopped opening with barrage + last stand tho that seemed to help some.
* We used a WHM and didn't have a BRD, which is diff from the JP setup too. We could sometimes live through the draw ins though.
* If possible with 2 RNG setup I'd recommend getting both adds low then zerging the main NM. Charm spam is annoying to say the least.

Considering we did a lot of this as 5 man not feeling too bad about it, the extra RNG would definitely make it way smoother the mobs have no special defenses and not a ton of hp so the faster you can kill them the less risk of something like draw in messing up the run.

Thinking of trying a Coronach + PUP tank hybrid setup with SCH as healer for Pax. Will let you guys know if I ever get it to work out, main problem is finding ppl on at the same time wanting to go. Having the tank immune to charm tho gets rid of a lot of the annoying things about the fight.
By Darksparksnot 2017-01-17 06:47:14
Link | Citer | R

Verda you think pup geo smn rng cor works? Dunno about 6th job
By Verda 2017-01-17 06:51:48
Link | Citer | R

Dunno enough about pup setups to say. You might need three to make it work.