Omen Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 61 62 63
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-19 08:47:17
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Braden said: »
Obviously this doesn't apply to all bosses, but I can definitely land any debuff on Kin when he's absorbing magic damage

We melee kin so never brought a RDM there. Normally it's on Kei and Fu that I go RDM and they both like to resist Frazzle unless I have the GEO do Focus or I use one of my JA's. Fu I usually have Focus so it's not much of a problem to just reapply it but Kei we use RNG TF to close Light and it's not worth nerfing his damage just to have Frazzle III be erased constantly.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-19 08:50:25
Link | Citer | R

For what it's worth, Kin resists my BRD debuffs pretty often without focus/languor (which we never use since we go melee setup on him).

With NiTro I can obviously land everything 1/1, with SV (and no Nitro) I still get resists often, without anything it's pretty hard for me to land stuff on it.

...not that it matters, he dispels stuff so quickly I kinda stopped to bother.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-19 09:10:39
Link | Citer | R

On Kin Shy likes to stick Pinning to make his Casting take a lot longer. Gives the melee a longer window to WS in.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-19 09:13:08
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, it's useful (and hard to stick even with Fire Threnody II up), but it's irritating how little it lasts on him and how hard it is to stick it (outside of NiTro/SV of course!)
By clearlyamule 2017-01-19 10:31:22
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Braden said: »
Obviously this doesn't apply to all bosses, but I can definitely land any debuff on Kin when he's absorbing magic damage. Pretty sure all elemental resistances are floored in that state since Frazzle works as well as anything else, although with erase spam I just try for Addle II along with Dia/Inundation.
Generally I've found absorb elements tend to correspond with low resist/sdt. It's part of why they always seem to absorb more than the dmg it would've done or why your multi element skillchains always hit the absorbed element on a lot of mobs since the element it chooses is based on resistance then an order
 Sylph.Braden
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-19 11:07:07
Link | Citer | R

Yep. Onychophora is supposed to be much easier to enfeeble when he's in magic absorb mode, but it's definitely not floored magic evasion or anything. Palila in Sky always makes a wyvern or mage trust choose Thunder unless there's some manner of SC or Threnody going on. Perfidien and Plouton tend to take 0 damage on what should be effective L2/L3 SCs (except Fusion and Grav) without Threnody, and the wrong SC of any level is a heal no matter what.

Tested Wyvern Breath AI not too long ago against Vallation and they ignore SDT entirely, so resistances should be the only factor.
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-19 13:32:40
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
I am the RDM, and every slot is optimized besides mythic and rings, because I'm not paying 200m a piece each, and the three augmented pieces I'm currently using (head, hands and legs) are 5 or less from cap.

Even if you have a 50% chance of landing them, you won't be cycling through them anyways because it erases all its debuffs too quickly, and you have to be constantly nuking to keep its regen down, not to mention the other tasks pointed out earlier.

Unfortunately rdm gives up a lot to be useful, that includes tons of gil for hq and or mythic. I still don't have all the gear I want/need on rdm but I am getting there slowly. The m.eva on mobs vs rdm lack of innate m.acc (a much needed job trait) is too extreme.

That being said, a rdm can easily blink tank all those nms in omen, a rdm can main heal the entire zone, the only time a rdm has issues curing is during AoE attacks, but if you cycle your cures or /sch you should be good. A rdm can also dd pretty damn good in there too. Rdm weakest spot is the enfeeble, that can be overcome with the HQ gear and or mythic.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-01-19 14:05:59
Link | Citer | R

I don't know why you're telling me this. My RDM is maybe 15-20macc from being completely optimized in every slot, depending on how enfeebling skill converts over to magic accuracy.

If you think that's enough to make or break it on Kei, then have at it and let me know how it goes.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-01-19 14:13:22
Link | Citer | R

I would be interested to see your enfeebling sets. I have been able to land ninjutsu debuffs on the bosses without any food or support, and reliably on the midbosses, so there's that.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-19 14:16:19
Link | Citer | R

I don't know why you're telling me this. My RDM is maybe 15-20macc from being completely optimized in every slot, depending on how enfeebling skill converts over to magic accuracy.

If you think that's enough to make or break it on Kei, then have at it and let me know how it goes.

Considering I rdm omen every day, I think I know what I am talking about.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-01-19 14:17:48
Link | Citer | R

That is so face-palm worthy that I don't know what to say.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-19 14:31:18
Link | Citer | R

That is so face-palm worthy that I don't know what to say.
Yeah, ok. Well I wasn't trying to get in a pissing match with you. I only was trying to explain that whomever your rdm is, isn't ready for omen. It happened to be you, you took it personal, and now you are throwing a fit. Fix your rdm, learn to enfeeble off of sc for the m.acc bonus if you need to. Adjust your gear, but don't throw tantrums because you can't land spells yet other rdm can.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-01-19 14:42:29
Link | Citer | R

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but MB counts as outside help.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-19 14:55:34
Link | Citer | R

Have you even fought Kei? Do you really think as the solo nuker, haste2'er, dia3'er and occasionally healer, you really have the option of coordinating a MB enfeeble that'll be wiped away in about 10-30 seconds?

Let me break this down for you since you seem to want to argue and think you know best, first off you said yourself you don't have mythic or HQ.
This tells me off the bat you are missing out on a lot of m.acc, mythic combined with max aug malevolence or kei shield will get you far better m.acc than you are getting with a perfect aug griov and any grip in the game. Not to mention mythic also gets this amazing thing called aftermath which increases m.acc (another 30-49 m.acc) and lowers m.eva by 10.

Congrats, I already blew a hole wide open in your m.acc set and I haven't even talked about the difference in hq/nq gear.
Augmented hands vs hq enfeeble hands, hmm what is the clear winner.

Rdm doesn't need to sit there and only nuke/dia/cure. You can use enspells on kei to prevent the regen and having a melee rdm can also help with the sc. SC + MB + enspell, what a concept, the shield is much easier to deal with now.
MB an enfeebling spell off a sc? That doesn't take much coordination, just change the ws you use to close light or dark as needed. Don't even try to use "solo haster" as an excuse, haste on a rdm should be lasting more than 7 minutes per party member. Solo Nuker, well again, you should be MB off those skillchains and use enspells.

You are making excuses because someone has come up and shown you that you lack the m.acc to land enfeebles, I know 2 rdm in my group that can land spells on him myself included and psylo already came up and said that s/he has no issues landing enfeebles. Common denominator, you don't have the gear/m.acc for omen.

Now I know how brutal and rash that all sounds, but I told you that you were lacking in gear and you wanted to get cocky and argue with me. There is no way around it, you are lacking m.acc
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-01-19 15:01:56
Link | Citer | R

That's wonderful. Now please answer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does MB count as outside help?
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-01-19 15:02:03
Link | Citer | R

Thorva.... dafuq are you saying?
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-19 15:02:05
Link | Citer | R

not if you control them, rdm can melee, control the skillchain.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-19 15:03:35
Link | Citer | R

Only thing contributed to the thread topic so far is apparently Enspells work for preventing Kei's Regen, so thanks for that.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-19 15:06:18
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Only thing contributed to the thread topic so far is apparently Enspells work for preventing Kei's Regen, so thanks for that.

Because correcting false information of a rdm can't do anything but cure/dia/haste was not a contribution.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-01-19 15:07:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Thorva said: »

So on a mob, with slow spikes up half the time, where you need to skillchain in order to bring its shields down, you want to do skillchains of your own, with your melee rdm, for the sake of landing your enfeebles that'll last 10-30 seconds before being wiped away, on top of your other duties as rdm.

Am I reading that right?
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-19 15:07:30
Link | Citer | R

When taken out of context, that was the debate, yes.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-19 15:14:04
Link | Citer | R

So on a mob, with slow spikes up half the time, where you need to skillchain in order to bring its shields down, you want to do skillchains of your own, with your melee rdm, for the sake of landing your enfeebles that'll last 10-30 seconds before being wiped away, on top of your other duties as rdm.

Am I reading that right?

If you are going rdm as a solo nuker, I assume you have other melee there, learn to sc off other people. if you are dealing with slow spikes then a great adjustment would to be to use OaT weapons to still build TP, for rdm, murg with AM3 and dem degan +1 or a blurred +1 weapon with temper 2 all work amazing for tp gain during slow.
Not sure how that is hard to see, you see a drk use torc, use cdc or req to alter the sc for your MB, you are still getting the sc for the shield and as an added bonus you get M.acc from the MB.
See someone use cdc? fine close with the needed ws for your sc to MB enfeeble off of.

It still goes back to if you don't want to mb your enfeebles, you need more m.acc.

When taken out of context, that was the debate, yes.
As for you? That's nice, but if you saw I was simply telling him he didn't have the m.acc and he took it personal and I had to break it down because he refused to listen.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-01-19 15:22:33
Link | Citer | R

Or you can put your sword away and properly perform your duties as a rdm.

Well, maybe you're right. Llew, whenever you get hit with slow spikes, just swap in your multi-hit Great Katana and use that. I'm too busy over here melee'ing it to MB slow2.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-19 15:26:21
Link | Citer | R

Well, maybe you're right. Llew, whenever you get hit with slow spikes, just swap in your multi-hit Great Katana and use that. I'm too busy over here melee'ing it to MB slow2.
Maybe if you stop triple boxing you could git gud on RDM. Also I think Koga counts as a multi-hit GK.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-19 15:29:14
Link | Citer | R

Are you trying to tell me that rdm only duty is to cure/dia/haste?

That is pretty sad, I know for a fact rdm can do a lot more than that, the problem is you aren't geared for it and you refuse to believe it is possible because you are only capable of cure/dia/haste, all of which is possible while rdm is melee.

There are rdm that do fine in there, I have told you that, I have told you how to overcome your problems, if you don't want to invest the gil on rdm to land enfeebles without MB, then don't complain that you can't do it.

You are using the mentality that because you can't do it, therefore it can't be done. You are wrong, there is no way around it, several other rdm are doing fine.

Cure/dia/haste? And do what afk the rest of the time? Become useful, use enspell, use ws for the sc, MB your nukes/enfeebles. Quit playing a multi-dimensional job in only one dimension.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-01-19 15:30:54
Link | Citer | R

Pssf, I am gud.

I just want to recap how we got to where we are right now.

I made the statement that rdm can't land debuffs without outside support. Thorva comes in and says you should pull out your sword, close out skillchains off other people, who are likely trying to do SCs of their own in order to kill the NM, and MB enfeeble off your own MBs. Against Kei.

I just want everyone to be clear on that. I'm ok with the court of public opinions to take over from here.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-19 15:32:02
Link | Citer | R

if you don't want to invest the gil on rdm to land enfeebles without MB, then don't complain that you can't do it.
***, he's too cheap to even upgrade his AF to +3, lol.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-19 15:32:32
Link | Citer | R

No, I told you to get a better rdm, that your rdm lacks m.acc, you took it personal and threw a child like fit. I explained in detail ways for you to overcome your issue and you continue to refuse to accept the answers and think that I only say to bring out a sword and melee.

if you don't want to invest the gil on rdm to land enfeebles without MB, then don't complain that you can't do it.
***, he's too cheap to even upgrade his AF to +3, lol.

if he refuses to upgrade his gear, then I think we come back to the start of the whole conversation where I said he needs more m.acc
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-01-19 15:33:47
Link | Citer | R

RDMs always upset
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-19 15:35:25
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
RDMs always upset
Made a comment in Skype last night that RDMs seem to be the most sensitive people.
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 61 62 63