First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 45 46 47
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-10 11:59:34
Link | Citer | R

Blazed1979 said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
The fact it's even a discussion makes it pretty clear it will be.
and the most clear-cut case ever of OP/gamebreaking lack of balance I can recall.

It's up there with per-nerf RNG, back when ranged attacks ignored level correction and zergling DRK's. Took them years for them to fix those issues. Which brings up a point, the longer it takes them to fix something the worse the effects will be. That is why fixing something early is far superior then waiting and nerf hammering it later.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-10 12:00:55
Link | Citer | R

The only other thought that comes to mind is that they want people riding the gear carousel for longer. If everyone spends a few months gearing SMN before they nerf it and people go back to the jobs they enjoy, it's that much longer until they max out those jobs.
[+]
 Asura.Blitzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2017-05-10 12:04:01
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Odinz said: »
You might not have been here long enough to understand SE's reaction time. PLD was down right useless for 3 years before SE ever reacted.

What a strange position to take. So, the people predicting that SMN would be nerfed today aren't wrong, they are just ahead of their time?

And someday, whenever it happens, be it next month or three years from now if SMN gets some kind of adjustment, you plan to pop up and say "See! I told you so!"

You were wrong. Go away.
Print out this thread on tissue paper and you might have enough to dry all your tears.

Preachhhhh
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-05-10 12:28:13
Link | Citer | R

I think they will just take the blu approach. Leave smn out of desirable gear buffs (the crafted gear they added is great for buffing and smn skill but does almost nothing for dmg)

And maybe add new content where ac zerging is not practical. But other than that, i dont see a good reason for solo smns to be nerfed.

I mean this is only a thing because geo got nerfed and the old cheese strats changed. I've been low manning content and appreciating smn for a good dps and complement to pups since 2015 when i resubbed
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2017-05-10 12:32:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
I think they will just take the blu approach. Leave smn out of desirable gear buffs (the crafted gear they added is great for buffing and smn skill but does almost nothing for dmg)

And maybe add new content where ac zerging is not practical. But other than that, i dont see a good reason for solo smns to be nerfed.

I mean this is only a thing because geo got nerfed and the old cheese strats changed. I've been low manning content and appreciating smn for a good dps and complement to pups since 2015 when i resubbed

i mentioned it a few weeks back and i still feel the same way. kinda salty about blu but i think its a goid way to compensate
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-05-10 12:37:17
Link | Citer | R

I'm not bothered BLU isn't on any of the DPS new sets.
I enjoy playing the job, the damage is great, the survivability can't be compared, versatility.. lots going for the job. It never should have been one of the heaviest hitters.

I'm more annoyed they didnt DO ***ABOUT MNK!!

FFS SE get your ***together.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-05-10 12:59:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Blitzjr said: »
Blazed1979 said: »

That's right line up, line up.

Lmfao I'm in tears

LOL!

/thread
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-10 13:14:33
Link | Citer | R

And just for those spamming report.

The current broken SMN situation is reducing all T4s to lolz strategy for those who abuse it. The massive imbalance is causing every Aeonic group to rush to gear SMNs to join in. This is indeed on topic of T4 strategy.

So suck it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-05-10 13:32:07
Link | Citer | R

If anyone is reporting you, it is likely because, now that there has been no nerf, they are hoping this thread will return to discussing how to defeat these mobs. Not how to shame/defeat SMNs.

Despite your opinions on the matter, not everyone is using SMNs to defeat these targets. Many different strategies work. Those trying any of those multitude of strategies should be able to refer to this thread to find like-minded and similarly jobbed linkshells to tweak their strats.

I'm sure we'll see your posts and posts like yours again in a few weeks when the next update is announced. Until then, take a deep breath and try to get through May, one day at a time. It'll be okay.

And if you are correct that people will quit because of the imbalance of SMN, we'll know you and others that share your opinion on this matter are correct when you and they disappear. I don't like to see anyone go, as I strongly believe in the community this game shares. But when someone is trying to tear down a part of that community by holding their own subscription hostage... If you must be right, then be right. We'll be fine and wish you well.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2017-05-10 13:49:01
Link | Citer | R

Love 'em, hate 'em, join 'em, ignore 'em. Either way let's discuss the topic NMs at hand and not the horrible/wonderful/deplorable/heroic SMNs please and thanks. Preferably without ripping each other apart and whatnot. The janitors are threatening to strike if they have to clean any more blood off the walls.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-10 13:56:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dameshi said: »
Love 'em, hate 'em, join 'em, ignore 'em. Either way let's discuss the topic NMs at hand and not the horrible/wonderful/deplorable/heroic SMNs please and thanks. Preferably without ripping each other apart and whatnot. The janitors are threatening to strike if they have to clean any more blood off the walls.

To be honest it's kinda hard when every strategy boils down to "just AC zerg it". Sure you can try using RNGs, BLMs, or old fashioned DDs but then it's sooo much easier with SMNs. Rua posted a bunch of videos of him as GEO in these fights on Asura just to showcase a 15min fight ending in 60s. Every T4 dead in 60s or less, that's pretty much the definitive strategy.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-10 14:05:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dameshi said: »
Either way let's discuss the topic NMs at hand and not the horrible/wonderful/deplorable/heroic SMNs please and thanks.
There's this T4 NM, named Dameshi.

I heard to proc Red/White is to throw alcohol at it.

Kind of like the T1 NM, Kojo, you just throw cousins at it to proc. And the T5, Rooks, you throw Altimas and vaccines to proc it.
By Blazed1979 2017-05-10 14:15:17
Link | Citer | R

only Alex left for Nirvana now.
I hope all the other Nirvana bandwagoners know what I'm going to do with the job.. I'm going to pimp the f_ck out of it, and so are my friends.. soon we're going to be excluding all the non- Uber Super Duper HQ SMNS from parties. If you aint covered in head to toe in Gold and Blu boxes you will be outcast from the SMN community.

Take a look at Blazed mofos! THIS IS THE NEW FACE OF SMN !

And when they Nerf it, i'll be tickling ***with my other jobs.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-05-10 14:24:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Dude give it up, SE's not going to let you continue using AC SMN to easy button everything.
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Unfortunately, it's coming to an end and no amount of personal insults, whining, flawed logic, or rants on this forum will stop it.
[+]
By swordwiz 2017-05-10 14:26:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Boogerballs said: »
Look at the list of "supporters", reminds me of the tvtroupes entry.

Quote:
Note that this is not another word for 'overpowered'. To be a true game breaker, the ability or character in question must be so hideously unbalanced that it makes people just quit the game in disgust. It's so powerful that there are only two kinds of people: the ones that use it, and the ones that lose to it. That's why people quit in disgust: it destroys all semblance of choice, and quite possibly all semblance of fun.

We know who the "those who use it" are, they sure as hell don't want that golden goose to fly away.

u know what they say saevel, those who do, do, those who cant, play rng
Did you not just make a Annihilator ?
[+]
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2017-05-10 14:33:53
Link | Citer | R

swordwiz said: »

Quote:
Note that this is not another word for 'overpowered'. To be a true game breaker, the ability or character in question must be so hideously unbalanced that it makes people just quit the game in disgust. It's so powerful that there are only two kinds of people: the ones that use it, and the ones that lose to it. That's why people quit in disgust: it destroys all semblance of choice, and quite possibly all semblance of fun.

We know who the "those who use it" are, they sure as hell don't want that golden goose to fly away.

i make alot of things, i also made a fail not and working on a death penalty. i also made the tp bonus magian gun
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-10 14:37:43
Link | Citer | R

impressions on the fail not?
By swordwiz 2017-05-10 14:39:08
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Boogerballs said: »
not just make a Annihilator ?
Someone's playing rng :PPPPP
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2017-05-10 14:40:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Azagarth said: »
impressions on the fail not?

it fails... fom way better. probably not a bad thing to have for ranged skillchain purposes. tbh im probably just ignorant to it. its probably alot better than i think it is, i just dont know.
[+]
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2017-05-10 14:40:52
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Boogerballs said: »
not just make a Annihilator ?
Someone's playing rng :PPPPP

i play rng in CP pts where it belongs
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-05-10 15:03:46
Link | Citer | R

I'm also no RNG, but I would think that since Fomalhaut is the second best gun for LS, wouldn't Fail-not follow to be second best for Trueflight?
If nothing else, the RNGs in my linkshell that really love the job have made Fail-nots for the ammo. I understand the arrows to be amazing.
By clearlyamule 2017-05-10 15:08:05
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
I'm also no RNG, but I would think that since Fomalhaut is the second best gun for LS, wouldn't Fail-not follow to be second best for Trueflight?
If nothing else, the RNGs in my linkshell that really love the job have made Fail-nots for the ammo. I understand the arrows to be amazing.
True flight is marksmanship. If you mean the archery merit ws it's not really much to write home about
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2017-05-10 15:08:51
Link | Citer | R

trueflight is marks and fail is arch.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Serveur: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-05-10 17:34:32
Link | Citer | R

So few questions about T4

Zerde: Does it always/sometimes/never proc blue or white !!?
Can it still not show the !! and give the -dt and reduced aura effect?
What is the Optimal number of part members?

Albumen: Would /blu be better than /war for pld tank?
What DD (no not smn) would be best choice to melee it down?
Given x2 bard buffs Cor rolls and good gear how long does your average melee fight last once fully buffed and all 12 mandies are slept?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-05-10 17:38:03
Link | Citer | R

1) sometimes
2) even if it doesn't show it, it should be obvious because it gets a brief period of terror
3) any number is fine, i've done it just as fast with 18 as i have with 9

4) probably not, they dont need to touch the adds
5) RUN, WAR most likely
6) no comment at the moment cause I haven't tried
[+]
 Asura.Blitzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2017-05-10 17:41:47
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

He ran out of Aeonics to make while charging people for SMN AC zergs. Seriously, people are using AC SMN zerg to spam Aeonics. It's like having an exploit where you can get ~10000 alex per salvage run.

If anything all it does is save time. Can't really complain about that when Aeonics were being made before SMN. Plz stop
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-05-10 17:47:58
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Albumen: Would /blu be better than /war for pld tank?

I highly recommend using a job combination that has some JA hate tools. When Albumen does the conal hate reset, nothing seems to get its attention back other than JA hate--kind of like the HTBF with avatars. So...
Provoke works.
Flash followed up by Sentinel, Holy Circle, Rampart, Viv. Pulse, whatever can also work. But it won't come back to you after using Flash. Only after you get back on it and then hit a JA will it turn to you.
As such, do all you can to save Provoke and avoid Amnesia.

I'm willing to bet other people on these boards know the reasons why for all this and have tested things on other mobs. I'm not that fancy, but this is what I've observed.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2017-05-10 18:10:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Blitzjr said: »

Quote:

He ran out of Aeonics to make while charging people for SMN AC zergs. Seriously, people are using AC SMN zerg to spam Aeonics. It's like having an exploit where you can get ~10000 alex per salvage run.

If anything all it does is save time. Can't really complain about that when Aeonics were being made before SMN. Plz stop

Also keep in mind i had 12 of those Aeonics before i even joined a ls that uses smn zergs
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 45 46 47