So You Wanna Tank On PUP?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » So you wanna tank on PUP?
So you wanna tank on PUP?
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 18 19 20
By KenkonkenNezha 2016-10-31 03:04:08
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

I thought I'd make some Herculean Gear solo farming vids, hope they help! I didnt' do Corse because Tru already posted video on it. Sorry for coughs... been a little under the weather lately.
By KenkonkenNezha 2016-10-31 03:06:07
Link | Citer | R

I know Sabotender Royal doesn't drop Herculean, but I soloed him for the necklace. For Taelmoth, DD as normal, just kite when his 2hr is up.
By KenkonkenNezha 2016-10-31 03:07:53
Link | Citer | R

Super easy fight, keep some form of regen on pet at all times and images up and you'll be fine.
By Afania 2016-10-31 03:27:38
Link | Citer | R

Some suggestion, you could use a screen recording software to make videos for better quality.
By Teuphist 2016-10-31 18:39:55
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I thought I'd make some Herculean Gear solo farming vids, hope they help! I didnt' do Corse because Tru already posted video on it. Sorry for coughs... been a little under the weather lately.

Are you using Resisters? I see your auto seemingly unaffected by Lightning Spear's amnesia effect.
By KenkonkenNezha 2016-10-31 18:47:21
Link | Citer | R

No I'm not, He was under overdrive effect so he is immune. For the 1st 50%, whenever he gets amnesiaed I wait for Oryx's next spell then use Deact > Activate > Ventriloquy.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-10-31 19:27:03
Link | Citer | R

KenkonkenNezha said: »
No I'm not, He was under overdrive effect so he is immune.

Your puppet isn't immune, but the resist rate is incredibly high. 95% or 99% I suspect, but I have seen various status effects land during Overdrive so it isn't totally immune.
By Teuphist 2016-10-31 19:38:46
Link | Citer | R

Somehow I completely overlooked the deactivate strat.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
By Bamboom 2016-12-21 11:25:14
Link | Citer | R

Just curious but does the mage puppet have more magic evasion/magic def over the other puppets? Was wondering since most mage jobs have higher magic evasion and magic defense. If so, would it be a better puppet to use as a tank in magic heavy fights?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-12-22 09:55:58
Link | Citer | R

Bamboom said: »
Just curious but does the mage puppet have more magic evasion/magic def over the other puppets? Was wondering since most mage jobs have higher magic evasion and magic defense. If so, would it be a better puppet to use as a tank in magic heavy fights?

Probably. It's a pain in the *** to test though.

As for a better tank, almost certainly no. Max HP is an important stat for enmity, ARKs and just not getting one-shot. Mage puppets have significantly less HP than HQ or VE. Also, casting logic can cause more problems than if you didn't have to deal with it. HQ/Soulsouther is as mage-y as I am willing to go.
By Sockfoot 2017-01-17 17:28:03
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have the values for MDT on the Mana Jammer line? I can't seem to find them =\
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-01-17 17:30:28
Link | Citer | R

Sockfoot said: »
Does anyone have the values for MDT on the Mana Jammer line? I can't seem to find them =\

That is perhaps because mana jammers do not provide any MDT. BG wiki was the values for the MDB term, if that is what you mean.
[+]
By Sockfoot 2017-01-17 17:36:06
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

That is perhaps because mana jammers do not provide any MDT. BG wiki was the values for the MDB term, if that is what you mean.
Ahh.. I thought I remembered reading somewhere it had been changed. I guess that makes sense, though, otherwise it would be extremely easy to cap MDT as well as PDT.
By Sockfoot 2017-01-17 17:40:56
Link | Citer | R

Next question then would be do we have innate DT values for VE/harlequin frames? I see VE listed as having 6% in one place, 12.5% in another. Harlequin seems up in the air.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-01-18 07:40:46
Link | Citer | R

Next question then would be do we have innate DT values for VE/harlequin frames? I see VE listed as having 6% in one place, 12.5% in another. Harlequin seems up in the air.

It's 6%. Probably the people reporting 12.5% forgot about Stout Servant or something before we had SS III. I dunno. But anyway, it's 6%. I don't remember if I tested HQ or SS, but I know that Stormwalker has no innate DT.
By clearlyamule 2017-01-19 00:46:54
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

It's 6%. Probably the people reporting 12.5% forgot about Stout Servant or something before we had SS III. I dunno. But anyway, it's 6%. I don't remember if I tested HQ or SS, but I know that Stormwalker has no innate DT.
Actually there is a report on bg that accounts for SS. Goes on to show it's not really dt but varying amounts of pdt, mdt and possibly bdt though looks still untested based on frame.

Haven't retested it all myself but can confirm the valoredge vs 1000 needles. Just had a Sabotender Sediendo on me and my no auto. No attachments no pet or player dt. Both with 119 animator and none. Each time player took 500 auto took 392. So not to sound adversarial just curious but what and when was your testing?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-01-19 13:02:12
Link | Citer | R

No, you're right and I have in my notes that when I tested it I had 12.5% I don't know why I started thinking it was 6%, but it was years back when I did my testing.
By clearlyamule 2017-01-19 13:45:56
Link | Citer | R

Maybe since the testing was old got assumed the 12.5 including SS II? Always kind of hard remember what was what when looking at notes from years back.

On other note do you know if bdt was ever tested? Seems Dasva still hasn't gotten around to it and playing with AAEV is mildly annoying
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-01-21 12:47:00
Link | Citer | R

This morning while I was working on my PUP guide I was writing about Regulator and I had an idea. So I went out and tested it.

Well that's pretty awesome. I started thinking a bit deeper and got a LS mate to come out on Red Mage.

This puppet has no haste.

But he does have TRIPLE ATTACK!!!

The possibilities this opens up are massive, but the best applications are absolutely giving the Automaton Protect and Shell V. Their duration can easily last over an hour making this worthwhile if you've got the man power to do it quickly. You can make this work with anything that charms, I like Ascended Poroggo because it's easy to spawn but anything works. We didn't test much, but it looks like just about anything that can be dispelled can be absorbed. I know you can get Bard songs, but I haven't tested Corsair rolls yet. Not sure it would be worthwhile due to shorter duration on those, but enhancing magic is well worth taking considering how long Scholars and Red Mages can get those spells to last.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-01-21 14:48:57
Link | Citer | R

If all you want is pro/shell which would probably be the biggest boon there is also just going around and finding whm/rdm mobs. Some tend to do pro/shell on pull. Was kind of my work around when they patched the accession trust thing. What's really fun is absorbing a full powered phalanx... though duration leaves it kind of awkward even with an rdm
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-01-21 15:56:56
Link | Citer | R

Mighty Guard? Regen V?
By Teuphist 2017-01-23 10:37:45
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Mighty Guard? Regen V?

i.e. perma-invincible
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-01-23 11:15:40
Link | Citer | R

So, how do you make regulator target players anyway?
By clearlyamule 2017-01-23 12:01:07
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
So, how do you make regulator target players anyway?
Get said player charmed first. Which is what makes this kind of difficult to time and get use out of
By Teuphist 2017-01-23 15:07:08
Link | Citer | R

Would be a nice addition while tanking Fu for your puppet (though it's not needed anyhow).
By Teuphist 2017-01-26 08:37:47
Link | Citer | R

I want to add that Beastmaster abilities such as Spur and Run Wild can also be absorbed. I found this out while tanking Fu as he absorbed it from Blackbeard, in which my puppet absorbed from Fu.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-01-26 09:07:24
Link | Citer | R

Teuphist said: »
I want to add that Beastmaster abilities such as Spur and Run Wild can also be absorbed. I found this out while tanking Fu as he absorbed it from Blackbeard, in which my puppet absorbed from Fu.

Did you check parameters or gauge tp/hit to see if they have any effect? Those are master buffs that affect pets, so they shouldn't do anything for Automatons. That said, SE is wonky.
By Teuphist 2017-01-26 09:21:32
Link | Citer | R

I don't recall the tp/hit bonus because we were also getting companion's roll and I switch in and out of -dt/stp/ws sets often during this fight. While tanking, I seem to average between 6-8k Bone Crusher. After absorbing Run Wild, BC was at 10k for the next few ws until Fu stole it back. The SMNs in this group melt him pretty fast so there isn't much time to get good use of my tank build. I only knew it as each were the only buffs stolen after being used then absorbed by the puppet (didn't /checkparam unfortunately). I certainly will think of it should I get the opportunity again soon. We're working on Kin now.
By clearlyamule 2017-01-26 10:33:53
Link | Citer | R

Teuphist said: »
Fu's kind of weird though so it might just be something with him. Like it refuses to absorb things that can easily be done but then can do things that normally can't. Like normally RW is touchable which is another part of why bst is good against spammy mobs. Awhile back I actually went around seeing what I could absorb from players and mobs in useful zones and couldn't steal things like RW/familiar bonuses from pets in ballista
By Teuphist 2017-01-26 12:15:51
Link | Citer | R

I find it hard to believe it were anything else since nothing was absorbed prior to. That and the increase in BC dmg for that period of time would be a little difficult to explain.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 18 19 20