~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 136 137 138
 Leviathan.Louisoix
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2017-07-25 09:23:54
Link | Citer | R

Okay I'm back. This time I'm curious if any PLDs on here are making resist sets for Terror or Death and those alike. And if you have sets for this, how effective are they for fights? ~Thanks
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-07-25 10:44:57
Link | Citer | R

A PLD terror resist set is basically just Founder's Greaves+Sagasinger.

I'm honestly not certain if "resist all status" gear even works on terror. I would tend to say it probably doesn't, but it's something to test. But between Founder's and Sagasinger you get a very high resist rate already. Something like 85%~ full resist rate I think. But I don't have hard numbers handy to support that.

A death resist set is similarly bare.

Shadow ring, Eihwaz ring, Warden's ring. Pick 2. Shadow and Eihwaz are unknown resist values. Warden's is listed as +10.

And again, I don't think resist all status gear works on death either. Same for Lux+pflug... I did the fomor ambuscade with a setup that tried to kill the eye first... ugh. I died way too many damn times on RUN vs that. Almost never resisted with all the all status resist gear+tenacity+ death resist gear(and RUN gets more than PLD) I could get on RUN. -.-;;
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-07-25 10:45:47
Link | Citer | R

To be honest both status are not really relevant in today endgame as death is used only by Teles (PUP tank is immune and anyways people just SMN-zerg ***in 30 secs nowadays), some ambu boss and lesser NMs and the only enemy where terror is relevant is Kin where you can easily avoid is with half-decent tank/dd. Considering this and the extra inventory it would take for a resist set, I doubt people bother

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Serveur: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2017-08-03 04:39:25
Link | Citer | R

Gearswap or Ashitacast would fix your problem.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Toralin
Serveur: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-08-03 06:51:58
Link | Citer | R

yeah i dont think you could hope to possible achieve precast/midcast on spells like flash with any consistency
 Asura.Heeroyuy
By Asura.Heeroyuy 2017-08-03 08:43:15
Link | Citer | R

Lepetit89 said: »
Assuming I don't want to use those, what's the highest degree of efficiency I could hope to get out of the game regarding this particular issue?

a macro to put u in precast and start casting the spell, and a macro to put u in midcast set. enjoy your 20 pages of pld macros
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2017-08-09 23:09:46
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone noticed that aegis isn't blocking, reprisal doesn't seem to be working either.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-10 00:14:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
Has anyone noticed that aegis isn't blocking, reprisal doesn't seem to be working either.
Umm on what level content and have you tested this vs anything specific?
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2017-08-10 06:30:56
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
Umm on what level content and have you tested this vs anything specific?

I was doing unm 128 mobs, celine mainly last night when i noticed it. Then i went to morimar and tried turtles.
By Taint 2017-08-10 09:13:04
Link | Citer | R

Aegis was blocking just fine on the 128 UNM Volatile Cluster last night before Maint.
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-08-10 09:16:31
Link | Citer | R

Unity Morbol gets auras after bad breath so maybe you got hit by avoidance down aura and couldn't block at all. Matamata use mostly AoE attacks and I think the log doesn't show a block for those so could just be bad testing subjects

Edit: more on turtles, apparently you just can't block some of their attacks
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-08-10 10:00:38
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spynx said: »
Unity Morbol gets auras after bad breath so maybe you got hit by avoidance down aura and couldn't block at all. Matamata use mostly AoE attacks and I think the log doesn't show a block for those so could just be bad testing subjects

Edit: more on turtles, apparently you just can't block some of their attacks[/url]
That's something I have to question... In my experience with shields, and that's a lot, there are 2 types of physical attacks that aren't blockable.

-1k needles types.
-Ranged attacks.
EDIT:and Counters.. damn it SE. Why'd you have to patch that..?

Aoe melee, and multi-hit melee(think Achucka type triple chomps) are both still blockable. I'm pretty sure the multi-hit melee don't display a block animation(and thus battlemod doesn't show blocked in chat) but I'm less certain on AoE. I would still lean towards does not.

I canceled my accounts earlier this month, but if I can still log in when I get home I might mess around with Matamata a bit. I've supertanked Matamata hordes during reives early in SoA. I very much doubt they have any unblockable physical attacks, or that would have gone very poorly indeed. I could by it being magic dmg, but that wouldn't interrupt spells. iirc one of they're melee type has an add effect stun... but I'm not sure which.
By zaxtiss 2017-08-21 17:47:26
Link | Citer | R

hmmm anyone have some tips for /blu tanking spells?
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-08-21 17:56:14
Link | Citer | R

EnmityBlueMagic = S{"Jettatura","Sheep Song","Soporific","Blank Gaze","Geist Wall"} -- BlueMagic --

havent tweaked my set in some time, but it works. I have been looking for that moonlight necklace. BiS enmity and his SIRD, could drop some SIRD for Enmity with it.

sets.Midcast.BLUEnmity = { --95 Enmity, -101%+10%merit = 111% Spell Interrupt, 2,913 HP--
ammo="Staunch tathlum +1", --11SIRD
head=SouvHead, --20SIRD
neck="Unmoving Collar +1", --
ear1="Odnowa earring +1", --
ear2="Odnowa Earring", --
body="Rev. Surcoat +3", --
hands="Regal Gauntlets", --10 SIRD
ring1="Apeile ring +1", --
ring2="Apeile Ring", --
back=JSECapeEN, --
waist="Rumination Sash", --10 SIRD
legs="Founder's hose", --30SIRD
feet=OdysFeetFC} --20SIRD
By zaxtiss 2017-08-21 18:38:44
Link | Citer | R

Thank you!
 Bahamut.Atamanos
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Atamanos
By Bahamut.Atamanos 2017-08-26 19:15:06
Link | Citer | R

for those of you that main or try to main pld, with more and more "everyone and there brother" plds around out side of gear how do you stand out what edge do you try and give to your party that makes them want you over the other 10-100 pld in your ls?
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-08-26 19:27:58
Link | Citer | R

General reliability I guess? I enjoy tanking, so it allows others to DD if they want. Gear is what really matters though, and having many sets ie. spell interruption rate, divine, phalanx, max enmity, etc. I would say a lot of weekend Paladins don't have the sets that I do, and I think that's a main reason I tank so much. Gear is what gives you the edge.
 Bahamut.Atamanos
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Atamanos
By Bahamut.Atamanos 2017-08-26 20:24:36
Link | Citer | R

would you be willing to share your sets by chance? thank you in advance if you do and thank you for all your help over time with my random questions
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-26 20:38:14
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Atamanos said: »
for those of you that main or try to main pld, with more and more "everyone and there brother" plds around out side of gear how do you stand out what edge do you try and give to your party that makes them want you over the other 10-100 pld in your ls?
I say I'll tank, and no one argues. We have some exceptional players in my LS who have many jobs very well geared and many who are more than able to take my spot at any time so I can just Cor or Run.
As long as you dont sport Ambu Sulevia's set and say you can tank, you should be ok (no haste no HP+ and over all a non tank -dt set)
Read back a ways lots of good sets and solid advice in this forum from Ambu Capes, and SIR Sets, DD sets Fast cast, Cure buffs etc.
As far as Being singled out over others, Better your gear the better you know the job the better the chance you will be chosen as the Meat shield.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-08-26 22:07:39
Link | Citer | R

I use the following sets: max hp/capped -dt, hybrid tank, melee, spell interruption, divine, phalanx, mab, ws, fast cast, cure cheat/cure, enmity, and the appropriate relic piece to enhance their respected job ability. I could do more sets, but until SE adds more wardrobes, I'm capped for gear unfortunately.

Like Brotherhood said, the better the gear, the better you know the job, the better chance you have to tank.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2017-09-18 03:16:17
Link | Citer | R

So I'm interesting in getting CP on my pld. I find pulling reisenjima aoe to be absurdly boring, so I'm more interested in soloing melee burns with a brd/geo mule. I've done it with a few heavy DD jobs and find I can get XP comparable to a BLM MB party with the added benefit that if I want to take a break I can just go afk. PLD is one of those jobs that doesn't do a ton of damage, but a lot of my DD jobs overlap in gear. I have a burtgang, but I haven't Afterglowed it(I almost never melee on pld) so if Burt is the best option I will AG it. Time is worth more than gil to me so if it saves me like 5~10 hours it's definitely worth the 60~70m.

Anyway these are the options:

PLD/NIN - Burt/Sequence dual wield spamming Savage Blade with a really good STR+WSD set.
PLD/WAR - Burt/Ochain
PLD/War - sequence/ochain
PLD/SAM - Caladbog - with a really good VIT+WSD set, and a pretty meh resolution set since most of my resolution set can't be equipped by pld.

TP set will basically be my DRK's TP.

feedback welcome
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-18 03:38:17
Link | Citer | R

Video somewhere of pld doing 100jp an hour in one of the gates full sell buff Ochain, dagger think /thf or dnc or maybe rdm. Pull whole area use wall tank method and Aeolian edge cleave them down.

As far as burt AG, I suggest it though wont be a game changer if you do, it does have better stats and all aside from the -pdt II part.

if not too hard, maybe Apex bats in small numbers can also do the same, should only need a few at a time and can ws in mab gear but Ive not tried that so no clue if worth the effort for only a few jp at a time.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-18 03:42:02
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-18 09:07:16
Link | Citer | R

Maybe all of Zi-tah and t3 in sky some/most all t1 in reis. past that it will be more of a pain and your HP will be the main reason. Most every job can hit -50% pdt, mdt, and over all 50% dt but those jobs still die where a pld almost certainly will not (run aside and blu as well and other jobs with specialized tanking sets) due to higher HP around 3000 with those sets on. However this is simply my view and I wont be able to say NO ONE CAN OUTLIVE A PLD IN "This set". It isnt a fact only my view point. Ive seen a Sam out tank me (damn you nite) Run does on a regular basis, Pup as well just to name a few. Without support and understanding why the gear is used no matter how good the gear is, macros are and support sometimes you just die to stupid things. Test your tank out on anything you want, and see if was easy to hold hate, did you have a hard time or was it a mix or good and bad.
Also tanking and killing are not exactly the same thing on pld.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-09-18 09:37:25
Link | Citer | R

PLD is one of the easiest jobs to CP, IMO. It can open darkness/light, with proper haste(marchs/indi-haste) it can pull very quickly with flash, and it can take damage(tank).
PLD COR GEO GEO BLM SCH is a great setup mix/match BRD for a GEO
 Odin.Foxmulder
Serveur: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2017-09-18 18:02:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
PLD is one of the easiest jobs to CP, IMO. It can open darkness/light, with proper haste(marchs/indi-haste) it can pull very quickly with flash, and it can take damage(tank).
PLD COR GEO GEO BLM SCH is a great setup mix/match BRD for a GEO

That's in theory. Most people forming CP parties are wanting to CP their DDs, so GL with securing that setup most of the time without making your own and shouting for hours on end.

PLD is often asked to just Voke/Flash and Sanguine Blade only, even when you gain TP faster than shitty DDs. :)
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 136 137 138