Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-03-10 05:10:58
Link | Citer | R

Review of this update for DNC:
1) Regal Ring is excellent, but probably not for TP.
2) AF+3 is likely now our highest Acc set, although the accuracy it gives exceeds anything we actually need (potential except against Ou).
3) Regal Gloves are a very good Waltz piece because 40 CHR blows our other options for that slot out of the water.
4) Moonbeam/Moonlight ring have obvious allure as part of a hybrid set.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chalek
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Chalek
By Quetzalcoatl.Chalek 2017-03-12 10:40:00
Link | Citer | R

Can anyone confirm this please

Gear that needs to be worn to actively enhance a current player buff.

Buff - Saber Dance
Piece - Horos Tights/+1

is this right or just need wear during activation?

same question goes for Fance Dance and the gloves please
 Asura.Zihi
Serveur: Asura
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Zihi 2017-03-18 16:40:58
Link | Citer | R

HEY!!! anyone have a Dnc.lua they don't mind sharing with me!? i have a problem with Motenten one... sometime if won't switch back gear, from Reverse Flourish or Fotia belt/Neck and some macro pieces :O THX!
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-04-08 22:44:26
Link | Citer | R

So yeah...

vs.

I had been saving all my DNC cards to +3 the hands, but now I'm tempted just to spread all my cards around to get all the other +2 pieces for samba/jig/waltz first.

Practically speaking, there's not gonna be much difference between the two, right?
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2017-04-08 23:19:49
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Chalek said: »
Can anyone confirm this please

Gear that needs to be worn to actively enhance a current player buff.

Buff - Saber Dance
Piece - Horos Tights/+1

is this right or just need wear during activation?

same question goes for Fance Dance and the gloves please

gotta be worn while effect is active to receive the bonus

also, fance dance is my new favorite thing
[+]
 Odin.Speedyjim
Serveur: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-04-09 00:14:43
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
also, fance dance is my new favorite thing

[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2017-04-09 07:54:14
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Practically speaking, there's not gonna be much difference between the two, right?
RF1+3 hands should still be better.
5 less DEX, 2 less STR, 8 less atk... but 3% more WSdmg should prove to hit larger numbers for your Rudra's. (As basically every other WS is ƒTP transferring with WSdmg not contributing as much.)

I wouldn't expect massively larger. But subtantial enough to warrant the effort to make the RF1+3 IMO.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-04-09 08:10:49
Link | Citer | R

I would agree with prioritizing other pieces in the short-term, though
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2017-04-10 18:38:32
Link | Citer | R

I don't suppose anyone has a somewhat up-to-date DNC spreadsheet? I'd like to get a general idea of whether or not it's worth blowing a few tens of millions of gil on some new Herc augments.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2017-04-10 19:17:41
Link | Citer | R

save your gil Dark Matter campaign starts tomorrow.
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2017-04-10 19:52:58
Link | Citer | R

I know my DNC is gonna benefit from all the Pet MAB augments. ;_;
[+]
By Aeyela 2017-04-12 18:39:23
Link | Citer | R

I'm having difficulty deciding between focusing my time (and money) on Twashtar or Terpsichore. As a 'main' job, I'd love to work on both. However I lack the financial muscle to just buy them so I'll need to spend some time farming and there will be a sizable gap between finishing the second. So, with that in mind, which would be better first? I'm leaning towards Terpsichore, but the aftermath on Twashtar is making me salivate. Any input on which is outright better first?
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-04-12 19:16:46
Link | Citer | R

As I'm not a DNC main, I can't speak to which one is better to get for a first choice. However, I will say that Terpsichore is absurdly strong for DNC. Pyrrhic Kleos is an absolutely phenomenal WS which plays incredibly nicely with your other main choices, Evisceration and Rudra's Storm. PK will often be your WS of choice in most scenarios, and the 30% damage boost from Terp is ridiculous for it. Add onto that the Mythic AM3 for not only higher multi-attack during TP phase but also during PK, which functions so well with multi-attack, and you have an amazing weapon. Even the bonus to steps is a nice benefit given how many Finishing Moves DNC can store, now.

While I haven't run the numbers in the past couple of months, last I remember was that Terpsichore/Twashtar, both AG, were the absolute best options for DNC weapons by a very significant margin. If you love the job, I highly suggest building both.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2017-04-12 19:24:29
Link | Citer | R

Terps should be cheaper now, and enhances a WS you'll use in every situation (which means it's more likely to speed up for farm for Twash). But they're both substantial undertakings even now so you're unlikely to want to start on the second right away after the first.
By Aeyela 2017-04-14 18:12:57
Link | Citer | R

Thanks guys. I think you told me what I wanted to hear. *** Orthrus.

I have another question. Which would be a better TP piece in accuracy capped situations, meghanada chausses +2 or samnuha tights? I never was good at number crunching double and triple attack boosts.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-04-14 19:04:33
Link | Citer | R

Keep in mind that Meg. is missing 2% gear haste.

Samnuha is great b/c of multi-attack, but also because it's one of the rare leg pieces that has DEX (quite a lot, actually). DEX not only improves your raw accuracy, but also ups your crit rate via dDEX.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Serveur: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-04-17 07:38:25
Link | Citer | R

Sorry for this post

I have been racking my brain on this.
I read this whole forum this morning after only 3 hours of sleep.
I own no HQ gear for this job aside from HQ daggers. Can anyone put together a NON Hq Abj gear set that still is viable for PK and RS
keep getting my butt kicked in damage vs another Dnc and I want to raise my dps. coffee not kicked in yet or I would post the sets I use rather than type it out so I'll save that for later
By Aeyela 2017-04-17 07:55:45
Link | Citer | R

Since I'm working on Mythic I'm going with NQ Abjurations meanwhile, with the future goal of upgrading to HQ if still relevant when I'm done. I'm by no means a Byrth on Dancer, but I'm happy with my progress (I've been away from the game until three weeks ago.)

I don't use Pyrric much, because I don't have mythic, so my build isn't worth sharing. But here's my "cheap" but "decent" Rudra set:

ItemSet 350539
Path B on legs, Path D on feet, Mantle has 20 DEX 10% WS Damage 20 Attack 20 Accuracy (You can put that up to 30 DEX, but I'm using my first 10 Dyes on the TP piece.)

This set isn't difficult to obtain and won't cost a tonne of money, but it obviously won't be as good as Byrth's Rudra set. Lots of room for improvement but a good starting point. You can gain 10 Acc and 2 DEX by upgrading the rings, for example.

If you're in a situation where you're /THF, for Sneak Attack Rudra use lilitu headpiece instead of the Tiara, which has STR+10 DEX+10 Attack+15 WS Damage +3% on.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-04-17 08:09:03
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Can anyone put together a NON Hq Abj gear set that still is viable for PK and RS

It's sounds like you might be trying to use a single set for both Rudra and PK? That's not gonna work that well, since they're geared differently.

Rudra responds really well to WSD, DEX, pure attack, and Climactic.

ItemSet 350540
(if not using Climactic, can use Lilitu/Meg+2 head)

PK responds better to multi-attack, fTP, STR, Ternary, while having enough acc not to miss hits.

ItemSet 348362
(if you have STR/TA Herc that beats Adhemar, use that)

WS-set is only one reason why you might be losing to another player. Timely set-swapping (like always being delay-capped, acc-capped, slapping on -dt and not dying when necessary, etc) and other things like removing bad status off yourself quickly will affect parse just as much, if not more. So don't neglect looking into those things, too.
[+]
By Aeyela 2017-04-17 08:15:12
Link | Citer | R

Nevermind. :)
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-04-17 08:36:10
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Quote:
Can anyone put together a NON Hq Abj gear set that still is viable for PK and RS

It's sounds like you might be trying to use a single set for both Rudra and PK? That's not gonna work that well, since they're geared differently.

Rudra responds really well to WSD, DEX, pure attack, and Climactic.

ItemSet 350540
(if not using Climactic, can use Lilitu/Meg+2 head)

PK responds better to multi-attack, fTP, STR, Ternary, while having enough acc not to miss hits.

ItemSet 348362
(if you have STR/TA Herc that beats Adhemar, use that)

WS-set is only one reason why you might be losing to another player. Timely set-swapping (like always being delay-capped, acc-capped, slapping on -dt and not dying when necessary, etc) and other things like removing bad status off yourself quickly will affect parse just as much, if not more. So don't neglect looking into those things, too.
sorry no, i'm asking for 1 for each ws. Have both Mythic and emp daggers Ag. so want to optimize my gear options below the ideal HQ sets. was talking with a friend who plays loldrk and pointed out I may want to sit more on multi attack over base stats sets. so have just tossed my highest sets for Str/dex, Multi hit, Att, and Ideal as close as I can from the one Bryth posted on page 36 making coffee now but will try to get a constant NM to fight and see if can get eyeball numbers
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-04-17 08:37:58
Link | Citer | R

Again, Thank you for the reply seeing as I did not say thank you before I said coffee
By Aeyela 2017-04-21 07:08:01
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have an incredibly high Macc. item set for Violent Flourish I can peruse?
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-04-21 07:28:41
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 350627

Mummu Jacket +1 > Horos Casaque +1 in all likelihood.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-04-21 07:42:33
Link | Citer | R

I'll note that I pretty much have that set and still can't stun Omen Glassy monsters.
By Aeyela 2017-04-21 07:55:27
Link | Citer | R

Thanks!
By Meril1 2017-04-22 05:09:17
Link | Citer | R

can anyone verify closed position effect STP need to be in front of mob to activate?
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-05-01 05:01:36
Link | Citer | R

DNC [Gear Sets] updated on BG-Wiki Guide

Please if you have further suggestions let me know so i can modify accordingly.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-05-07 15:56:59
Link | Citer | R

What is the best dagger combo to use?
Have E/M/A now as of today
By hobo 2017-05-07 16:16:24
Link | Citer | R

Mythic Emp is generally the best, unless you find super short fights where you have no buffs and just wanna rudras spam, then aeonic probably pulls ahead
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 80 81 82