Absolute Virtue: Soloable Now?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Absolute Virtue: Soloable now?
Absolute Virtue: Soloable now?
First Page 2 3
 Bahamut.Sollex
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Xellos
By Bahamut.Sollex 2014-12-17 22:30:04
Link | Citer | R

So after soling all the NM's in sky (including an easy win against Kirin), I'm wondering if Absolute Virtue (AV) is solo-able now? None of the Jailers (save Jailer of Love as I haven't fought it yet) have posed any threat at all, but I know in the past AV was very notorious. Can a THF/DNC solo it or is it better to bring a party along?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-17 22:34:02
Link | Citer | R

It's possible, but it will be all luck with which SP's he decides to use assuming you don't kill him with rudras > reverse flourish > SATA AC rudras.
By Jetackuu 2014-12-17 22:41:50
Link | Citer | R

I can hop on one day as fodder, or if nothing else for pro/shell.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2014-12-17 22:42:14
Link | Citer | R

If it does chainspell meteor say good night
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2014-12-17 22:44:53
Link | Citer | R

I was getting pummeled pretty bad on MNK/DNC. My trusts died pretty fast from Meteor IIRC. I was able to stay alive long enough for a few friends to come out and kill it. Might have had bad luck with 1 hours as well though.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-12-17 22:45:38
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »

If your in ilvl gear you should full resist all of them. With a party of trusts I would think he is pretty manageable

Also, has anyone seen if Ayame will open a darkness for Rudras? If so, Ayames WS> Rudras > Rudras will double dark
By Zackan 2014-12-17 22:50:16
Link | Citer | R

sigh lol wow
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-17 23:12:24
Link | Citer | R

Ayame can't do Gravitation. If you have Lhu Mhakaracca or Elivira, could count on them to use their relic WSs which would make Darkness with Rudra's. They will always WS as soon as they get TP, so that could work as an opener provided they don't miss, die, or do the wrong WS (does Lhu only use Onslaught? I never use her).
 Bahamut.Odaru
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Odaru 2014-12-17 23:15:05
Link | Citer | R

It's definitely soloable. There's a video of a SCH doing it floating around somewhere.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-17 23:24:03
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »

If your in ilvl gear you should full resist all of them. With a party of trusts I would think he is pretty manageable

Also, has anyone seen if Ayame will open a darkness for Rudras? If so, Ayames WS> Rudras > Rudras will double dark

You'll resist often, but if it fully lands, which it can ofcourse, you'll die, guaranteed. Might not even need to fully land to kill a THF.

Only things I can think of off the top of my head that would prevent a solo is:

Soul Voice then the charm song spam.
Chainspell then Meteor spam.

Chainspell in general could be threatening to a thf.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-12-17 23:38:53
Link | Citer | R

If you really wanted to, you could always take an Ic Wing, and solo 3 step SC.

Evisceration > Rev Florish > Rudra > Wing > SA AC Rudra
 Leviathan.Protey
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-12-18 01:16:45
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

You'll resist often, but if it fully lands, which it can ofcourse, you'll die, guaranteed. Might not even need to fully land to kill a THF.

As RDM I can live through chainspell meteor... but with a little difficulty (-50% mdt, massive mdb and magic absorb/negate gear). A thf would die instantly. I got it down to 10% on RDM... then it benedictioned... was a sad taru that day. will have to farm another pop and try again, maybe with a different subjob.

as for charm spam, i would uncharm within a few seconds, so it didn't pose any problem.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-12-18 01:19:17
Link | Citer | R

another thing... thf solo wouldn't be able to get rid of the regen.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-12-18 03:18:40
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Protey said: »

In theory, you wouldn't need to. If your Rudra > Reverse Florish > Rudra and Skillchain does enough damage, you would kill it within 2-3 ticks, so his Regen wouldnt help him much.
By Zackan 2014-12-18 03:51:14
Link | Citer | R

My question is why solo it to begin with /cry. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.. lol.. I would do my best to get a party of 3 at least, even if its not needed.. just because.. i hate soloing, but i will get more an more use to it i guess.
 Asura.Psylo
Serveur: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-12-18 04:19:33
Link | Citer | R

last time (6 month ago) i try as RDM, i was just unlucky and get a lot of charm, but with proper gear (charm resist), /RUN to boost light protection, its can be done.

so after 1 hour of try (no death), best was 13% before get charm, and rage loggout.
 Leviathan.Vow
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2014-12-18 04:42:29
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Odaru said: »
It's definitely soloable. There's a video of a SCH doing it floating around somewhere.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-12-18 08:48:28
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

In theory, you wouldn't need to. If your Rudra > Reverse Florish > Rudra and Skillchain does enough damage, you would kill it within 2-3 ticks, so his Regen wouldnt help him much.

while it is a nice theory, before you are able to use wing and do 3rd WS Absolute Virtue would pull armbands out and your damage would plummet. you would not kill him in time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-18 09:21:27
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

As RDM I can live through chainspell meteor... but with a little difficulty (-50% mdt, massive mdb and magic absorb/negate gear). A thf would die instantly. I got it down to 10% on RDM... then it benedictioned... was a sad taru that day. will have to farm another pop and try again, maybe with a different subjob.

as for charm spam, i would uncharm within a few seconds, so it didn't pose any problem.

I tried on RDM aswell back when Skirmish Yorcia was released, so any gear after then I obviously didn't have.

So, the usual goods, MDT-50%, maxed Phalanx, good chunk of MDB on gear, then you got RDM traits, and then quite an amount of Magic Evasion.

Chainspell wasn't really a threat most the time, but I ended up eating a full land Meteor for 3,000 or so dmg.

You can get a good chunk more MDB now, and Magic Evasion. Though I doubt you'd be able to survive a full land Meteor, which can happen.

I mean, you'd need to be extremely unlucky, it's very rare, but it can happen.

As for charm, it's the same kind of deal. You'll resist many of them, but if you were unlucky enough for him to land it fully on you, it'll last awhile, enough that he'll regen quite alot, if not full HP. A good lasting DoT can help this though ofcourse, though we're talking about THF here mostly, which doesn't have that.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-12-18 09:36:11
Link | Citer | R

THF can't solo it, the only job can do that is SCH RDM and maybe but "maybe" RUN.

Need to retry that.
By Brolli 2014-12-28 09:01:35
Link | Citer | R

anyone tried to solo on blu or bst?
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-28 10:21:05
Link | Citer | R

Brolli said: »

I can see blu soloing it. Saline Coat add 50 mdb which diminishes over to down to 10. With a good recast set and haste2, it would be reapplied before it diminishes too much. BLU also has some DoT spells. If any TP moves are still dangerous, plague from delta thrust would help too (assuming it sticks on AV).
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-28 10:32:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Brolli said: »

I can see blu soloing it. Saline Coat add 50 mdb which diminishes over to down to 10. With a good recast set and haste2, it would be reapplied before it diminishes too much. BLU also has some DoT spells. If any TP moves are still dangerous, plague from delta thrust would help too (assuming it sticks on AV).

Aside from Kaustra and possibly a hardcore helix/mv, BLU has the best DoT options in the game. BLU can easily stack effects to well over 100/tick.

Since he only has ~65K hp and unremarkable DEF and evasion, survival is the name of the game, and that puts RUN, BLU, RDM, PLD, SCH, BLM, and even WHM in the running for solo. But, it's not hard to get a couple people to help you kill AV, and a THF/WHM setup would tear him to the ground in minutes. There's really no reason to solo AV unless you just want to say you did it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-28 12:37:55
Link | Citer | R

Only 65k? I thought he had 100k, or so. Huh.

The battle isn't all about survival though, I mean, any given Meteor has the potential to one shot anyone. So you'd want to minimize on being unlucky with Meteor by killing it as quickly as you can.

His evasion, attack, and accuracy are all pretty bad as you would expect, but don't count out his overall defensive ability when he pulls out bracelets.

Another thing to possibly draw concern from is Medusa Javelin. I'm sure it's added effect of petrify would be exceptionally difficult to land on you, atleast to the aforementioned jobs, but if it did, could be bad.

Mostly concern yourself with Manafont ad Chainspell though. I never ate a fully landed Comet, so not sure on it's potential, but Meteor can definitely slay you, no matter what magic defense you put up, albeit rarely. Benediction would also be annoying, obviously because it fully restores HP, but also gives him more chances of dropping a bad Meteor on you.

So, yeah, I'd say it's about killing him asap just as much as surviving, tbh.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-28 13:15:40
Link | Citer | R

I'd be more worried about combinations of SP's. When a mob has an attack that can kill you no matter what, you should focus on what you can control.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-28 13:23:52
Link | Citer | R

i need to get a program that doesn't look shitty to record my thf soloing him

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget