users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Pandemonium Warden
Pandemonium Warden
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2014-07-12 00:38:04
Link | Citer | R

I'm currently working on Death Penalty and the topic came up about the mulcibar's scoria. I am curious to know if PW is soloable these days with the high gear levels and stat vomit we have.

If so, what job and what gear level did you have?

If not, what low man setups can be used?

I am not looking for thoughts, I am looking for facts. "I have done with xxx"
By DrGonzo 2014-07-12 00:57:29
Link | Citer | R

I assume you have never actually fought him before.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-12 01:00:28
Link | Citer | R

Paladin with Aegis can probably solo it, same with a decently geared Rune Fencer, among other jobs, or you can two-3 man it.
 Shiva.Cziella
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2014-07-12 02:15:19
Link | Citer | R

I recently did it with PLD aegis + SMN duo, with 3 trusts. Even with iLVL 119 gear and -20% MDT+Shell V, 1.6k HP and I was still dying 3/4 Astral flows per fight lol, there was always 2-3 "unresisted" for 300-400 dmg, the rest would do 70-100sh (x9 astrals every 25%HP) even with the HP boost boon that trusts have atm, Cherukiki and Ulmia were also dying, only Mihli lived (until I died lol). The Aegis PLD was in trouble only once, the -magic defense stuck once and he got bio III'ed, aspired, and fell down to red HP, and eventually died @1% but we just reraised an holy II'ed it, the other 2 went slightly smoother, one thing to take notice of, all sleeps were landing on me 100% of the time even with ilvl119.

The other forms were super easy and never posed a threat at all, I was 1 shotting or nearly 1 shotting chariots with 1 BP, so they never got enough TP to do discoid/charm (that'd be the only issue from the 1st phases)

My guess is PLD/support SJ can do it with trusts, if he takes meds, alot of enfeebles still land, and bio III from mobs still does like 1.5k dmg in dot
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-07-12 11:07:03
Link | Citer | R

I'm certain I could take it on solo as RUN, but I'm too lazy to farm a pop set and I don't need scorias right now.

Having an Engulfer Cape for the Astral Flow spam would probably keep you or the PLD from suffering. I used to test it out in Dynamis on SMNs and for some reason, I noticed it proc'ing more often on Astral Flows. Could be coincidence, but it's very nice to get a free 700+ HP cure.
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-12 16:38:20
Link | Citer | R

could pup solo it??
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-07-12 16:52:18
Link | Citer | R

pld soloable
sam soloable
dnc soloable
and probably any other DD could with i119 gear w/trusts

given the pain in the butt it is to farm pops, you'd be silly to not have a backup sac person in twilight to keep it from depopping in case you get unlucky and get screwed over by one of the following:

-discoid chariot
-brainjack chariot
-medusa petrify lands and her adds put you down before you unpetrify.
-you lose shell and dvegr form+adds nukes you to death
-astral flowga gets lucky and takes you out (with or without shell)
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [130 days between previous and next post]
By cervelo84 2014-11-19 09:10:37
Link | Citer | R

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oHuafD16FI

Recent kill of PW for those who want to see it. The last form he uses Astral flow which hurts. But he only has about 40k hp. 5 Weaponskill + skillchains can Kill him in under 15 seconds.
By BlaTheTaru 2014-11-19 09:31:46
Link | Citer | R

I did this last week with aegis pld, sam, mnk, mnk, whm/sch. One of the monks was a returned player still in empty gear so they're contribution was small. The pld was pretty well geared, as was the other mnk. Basically they tp'd on the lamps each stage and would WS on PW.

Breezed through each stage until the final form. On the final form the only two left engaged were the pld and Sam. The Sam held his tp until 80% at which point he used his new SP and proceeded to Zerg PW down. Never took a bit of damage from astral flow, and the pld hit yellow hp. However everyone else died.

I would say whm and Sam can duo easily assuming the whm stays out of range from lamia and Sam times their SP correctly.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Serveur: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-11-19 09:42:58
Link | Citer | R

A friend of mine said the same thing about SAM and WHM duoing PW. I have 1 key farmed now and am working on the other 2, but I'm anxious to give this a go for my Scorias.
By BlaTheTaru 2014-11-19 09:49:38
Link | Citer | R

It's laughably easy if people just time it right. If you're really nervous about it then ask an aegis owner to come and just stand there in case of wipe.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-11-19 09:51:56
Link | Citer | R

BlaTheTaru said: »
It's laughably easy if people just time it right. If you're really nervous about it then ask an aegis owner to come and just stand there in case of wipe.

Yeah, he has a stacked PLD as well so we'd be fine I'm sure.
By Zoltar 2014-11-19 10:16:20
Link | Citer | R

Plus you can use trusts too, backup healers wouldn't hurt
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-11-19 10:32:00
Link | Citer | R

potential problem with just a sam and a whm is discoid, which may or may not happen and there's probably no way the sam can survive that solo without popping yaegasumi. You'll probably want to summon some trusts incase it goes off.

A whm can survive AF if you run far out of range as soon as you see he summons, some avatars may still go after you but you should be able to survive that. You might even survive without running if you put stoneskin on and stack up meva.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-11-19 10:37:11
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
potential problem with just a sam and a whm is discoid, which may or may not happen and there's probably no way the sam can survive that solo without popping yaegasumi. You'll probably want to summon some trusts incase it goes off.

A whm can survive AF if you run far out of range as soon as you see he summons, some avatars may still go after you but you should be able to survive that. You might even survive without running if you put stoneskin on and stack up meva.

I wonder what the dream team would be for Trusts. I'm guessing maybe Ulmia, Koru-Moru for the high-tier RDM buffs, and perhaps one of the WHM Trusts for back-up healing.
By Zoltar 2014-11-19 10:39:50
Link | Citer | R

F.Coffin for cure bombs, haste and -na

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-11-19 10:43:08
Link | Citer | R

which trust to use is probably close to irrelevant apart from maybe getting marches and haste2 so you hit faster. PW is easy to kill, you just need the extra bodies to survive discoid. They'll die after discoid (if PW uses it) or astral flow.

Healing isn't that demanding until astral flow, at that point your healing trust(s) would be dead. But if you use yaegasumi then there isn't much healing needed anyway.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-11-19 11:33:59
Link | Citer | R

Before I stopped playing I did pw helping out a koga sam finish. Pld aegis sam brd smn. Pld never died from astral flow. Only came close to death once because of dots and adds getting lucky hits in. the samurai destroys pw incredibly easy using stepped skillchains of the player isn't a complete tool.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-11-19 12:09:57
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
Before I stopped playing I did pw helping out a koga sam finish. Pld aegis sam brd smn. Pld never died from astral flow. Only came close to death once because of dots and adds getting lucky hits in. the samurai destroys pw incredibly easy using stepped skillchains of the player isn't a complete tool.

What was the SMN's role? I saw a SMN in the above video but I wasn't paying attention to what he was doing. I wonder if BP damage is solid in that fight (gear/skill dependant obviously).
By Zoltar 2014-11-19 14:06:13
Link | Citer | R

Most phases die quick, but generally speaking SMN helps with Titan using Earthen Armor (helps reduce severe dmg) and Alexander for Perfect Defense on last form

I believe the SMN in that vid used Ramuh to paralyze adds on forms
By BlaTheTaru 2014-11-25 08:55:31
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »

If the Sam can tp on the lamps and ws on PW, discoid will never get off, but it takes less than 30 seconds to whip out your trusts so you may as well get them out.