Your Aegis must be special that it blocks breath damage too
[+]
 Sylph.Rasibian
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Rasibian
By Sylph.Rasibian 2014-04-10 12:16:49
Link | Citer | R

i can understand to full time aegis just for 1 reason, like that u fix the probleme of getting 2shotted on an unlucky AI/holy2 / holy2/AI since swaping aegis via macro for holy2 is almost impossible but again with a reactive whm u dunt need to.that beeing said u kinda weak urself for all the weapon skill move and i would fear the cdc spam under 25%
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-04-10 12:38:40
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
As for it being breath damage... I don't know. I've seen shell getting dispelled and then they'll take more damage from it. Which would make it magic damage and not breathe damage... because MDT doesn't affect breath damage.
So I don't think it's breath damage.

This obviously isn't a proof of whether it's breath dmg or not, but having a quick look at jp wiki it seems to agree that it's breath dmg: (source)

Quote:
アロガンズインカーネイト
対象中心範囲
ブレスダメージ
ダメージは残HP量に比例。
ダメージキャップは2500超(TP100~199?)。
ダメージ分散率2人80%、3人75%。

Arrogance Incarnate
Target centred AE
Breath Dmg
Damage is proportional to hp
Damage cap is higher than 2.5k(?)
Damage is shared amongst people - 2 people 80%, 3 people 75%

I think both Aegis and Ochain are surviving because neither manages to kill you due to EA/Scherzo/Both. Best way is to just get a pld out there to test it really.

With aegis having a lower block rate, that means dom. slash could also potentially silence you more often? Along with the stun getting less likely to be blocked as well, unless someone can guarantee that A.I is magic dmg it sounds to me aegis just adds more complications.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-04-10 15:33:59
Link | Citer | R

Determined that Engulfer Cape and Elemental Sforzo absorb breath damage, despite their descriptions
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-10 15:37:34
Link | Citer | R

Mmm... localization (or even the original JP dev team) may not be very interested in making clear distinctions between elemental breath damage and elemental magic damage and thereby default to calling both "magic" at least some of the time.

Big question would be whether Elemental Sforzo or Engulfer Cape work for non-elemental stuff like Spirits Within. And to try them out on Arrogance Incarnate.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-04-10 15:41:26
Link | Citer | R

Engulfer Cape absorbs Arrogance Incarnate, which was what initially led me to believe it was actually magic damage. Assuming Sforzo does, too
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-10 15:55:43
Link | Citer | R

Yeah... so either Arrogance Incarnate is weird (possible) or the back-end is a mess (even more possible). GG SE and all that.
 Sylph.Murex
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Murex 2014-04-10 16:00:53
Link | Citer | R

Rasi you suck.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-10 16:03:58
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Back the "AoE breath damage bluhbluhbluh" that this thread was originally about...

I'm pretty sure Arrogance is AoE and not conal. I've done AA EV a few times, never on PLD, but as either SMN or WHM so I've had the "down time" (mostly on SMN.... there's no such thing as being able to look at stuff that's not HP bars on WHM lol)...
And I've seen her use it on the PLD and then the MNK behind her also took damage.

But this doesn't indicate it not being breath damage.
Flying Hip Press is "breath damage"... but it's a centered AoE, much as Arrogance is. (from what I've seen.)

As for it being breath damage... I don't know. I've seen shell getting dispelled and then they'll take more damage from it. Which would make it magic damage and not breathe damage... because MDT doesn't affect breath damage.
So I don't think it's breath damage.

If you've seen Arrogance Incarnate hit multiple people in an AOE then that clears up the "5 feet" question - I've just never seen it in any other capacity other than in a conal instance. Also, it doesn't dispel buffs. That annoyance gets credited to Dominion Slash.

It's aoe tested and confirmed with myself on other side of PLD.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-10 16:12:01
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Killkenny said: »
This just in, solaced cure 6 applies a 1000 damage cureskin.

Never said "1k" Said you can take 0 assuming you have a reasonable set.

According to BG . . .
Quote:
Base damage bonus caps out at 380, or 1300 HP cured.

As Orison body +2 adds a Further 10% that's a rather sizable bonus that's 450 ish damage negation.

Certainly enough for it to block alot of the damage either from Arrogance or Holy2 (if not all). Again if RNG Strat the WHM won't have MP issues and this shouldn't be an issue (I usually C4 and C5 at low HP due to higher WE Frequency).

I guess the core principle of my argument would be if you have a decent WHM you shouldn't die to this move. Aegis or not.

It can easily hit for 0 damage.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-04-10 16:15:56
Link | Citer | R

In light of what I've tested today, I'm going to lean towards everyone being correct about Aegis doing nothing for Incarnate

That said, I still recommend Aegis full-time for EV, given how little silence and stun matter to a PLD during the fight, and that Holy II and Light become non-issues

Your millage may vary
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-04-10 17:24:07
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

According to BG . . .
Quote:

As Orison body +2 adds a Further 10% that's a rather sizable bonus that's 450 ish damage negation.

Certainly enough for it to block alot of the damage either from Arrogance or Holy2 (if not all). Again if RNG Strat the WHM won't have MP issues and this shouldn't be an issue (I usually C4 and C5 at low HP due to higher WE Frequency).

I guess the core principle of my argument would be if you have a decent WHM you shouldn't die to this move. Aegis or not.

Arrogance hits me for like 1100-1200 without any cureskin or other damage reducing buff (other than scherzo and gear). How exactly is it supposed to hit for 0 when the max you can cureskin for is significantly less than half of that?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-10 17:34:05
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

According to BG . . .
Quote:

Arrogance hits me for like 1100-1200 without any cureskin or other damage reducing buff (other than scherzo and gear). How exactly is it supposed to hit for 0 when the max you can cureskin for is significantly less than half of that?

Ar you referring to Very Difficult? Because my SAM takes 1400 on Difficult.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-04-10 17:48:51
Link | Citer | R

Why on earth would we be having a pld related discussion and be talking about anything other than VD.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-10 18:15:23
Link | Citer | R

Why on earth would we be having a pld related discussion and be talking about anything other than VD.

I wasn't aware anyone Defined the discussion as VD.

If I have missed that then sure! But not everyone does VD because not everyone knows RNG's who don't suck or PLD's who can tank properly so its a relevant avenue to discuss anyway.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-10 19:23:46
Link | Citer | R

Every time I see VD, I think "venereal disease." I'm still not convinced it's wrong.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-04-10 19:40:00
Link | Citer | R

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I got a lot of cheap laughs out of Guildwork broadcasts of, "VD realm first!"
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [150 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-09-08 03:41:50
Link | Citer | R

Sorry for the Necro.
Was it ever determined if Arrogance Incarnate is non-elemental or Light Based like most of EV's attacks?

Asking from a RUN's perspective to see if with the right runes and Vallation a RUN would be able to reduce the damage from Arrogance Incarnate.
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-08 08:02:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Sorry for the Necro.
Was it ever determined if Arrogance Incarnate is non-elemental or Light Based like most of EV's attacks?

Asking from a RUN's perspective to see if with the right runes and Vallation a RUN would be able to reduce the damage from Arrogance Incarnate.
I thought it was told it's breath damage?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-08 08:12:55
Link | Citer | R

You can wear an engulfer and absorb it and that states magic dmg absorb. So that does lead one to believe Runes+Vallation/Valiance help.

Source Post
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2014-09-08 08:41:10
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
Sorry for the Necro.

It IS breath damage.... But that doesn't stop it from having an elemental alignment.

As for element... It's *highly* likely that it's the same as Spirits Within.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-08 10:37:17
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
Sorry for the Necro.

It IS breath damage.... But that doesn't stop it from having an elemental alignment.

As for element... It's *highly* likely that it's the same as Spirits Within.

roger roger.