Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 153 154 155
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-21 17:03:07
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Sange said: »
Curious, if you are running Masamune is it better to strive for a 4 hit build (or is that even possible?) or maintain a 5-hit with higher DA/TA ratings?
It's easy to 4-hit, though a 5-hit can range from slightly worse to equal to a 4-hit depending on the situation, but that assumes you have good Valorous augs plus a DA Ambuscade cape. Anything less and you're better off just 4-hitting.

This is our current ideal base set (Obviously Nepenthe +1 is better if you don't expect to the need accuracy from Bloodrain):

ItemSet 347094

With max JP/merits and 16 STP in WS set (Bloodrain/Cibitshavore/Valorous Mail), you'll need 70 STP in your TP set, which means your Valorous Mitts in the above set would need at least 7 STP and Takaha Mantle needs 3 STP. STP augment requirements becomes less strict if you don't have/choose not to use Ryuo Sune-Ate +1(D) and instead go with Flamma +1 or Valorous. It wouldn't be a bad swap since you're not losing too much DPS, but at the same time gaining a lot of accuracy considering Ryuo+1 has none outside of the 19 DEX.
By Raystorm 2016-10-21 20:07:20
Link | Citer | R

What pushed Masa over to the top? I thought AM3 from Koga made insane levels of TP?
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2016-10-21 20:17:05
Link | Citer | R

Beastmode [ON]

Edit: Without Overwhelm which is quite a bit, hard for Sams to maintain a foothold on most NM's. IMO Masamune, Dojikiri,Koga, Amano in order of hierarchy.
By Raystorm 2016-10-21 21:23:10
Link | Citer | R

Does Masa AM3 proc on a WS?
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2016-10-21 21:36:19
Link | Citer | R

Emp Aftermath's do not proc, however it is satisfying seeing 3k hits throughout tp phase
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-21 23:44:06
Link | Citer | R

Raystorm said: »
What pushed Masa over to the top?
The last REM update.

Masamune gained 30 STR and triple damage while Koga is more-or-less the same thing it was before. 50 STR is huge for Fudo and x3 damage is huge for auto-attacks. In addition to a lesser extent, with SAMs now TPing in 90-100% Zanshin (22.5%-25% Zanhasso before deducting from multi-attack percentages) and more multi-attack than before, Koga's OA2-3 is getting slightly more devalued as gear progresses.
 Ragnarok.Ramzus
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ramzos
By Ragnarok.Ramzus 2016-10-22 04:21:25
Link | Citer | R

Hi guys ... anyone can put link for gearswap SAM so i can download the file ,, im trying to start on new one .. thank u and thank u Liewelyn for all info here in SAM Guilde
 Asura.Reidden
Serveur: Asura
user: Reiden
By Asura.Reidden 2016-10-24 19:05:25
Link | Citer | R

Which gearswap you looking for? Bokura style or the other one?
By Aleous 2016-10-25 00:54:14
Link | Citer | R

Hello, I just came back a few months ago from a couple year break.

Working on Masamune, also have Yoichi. Got myself the GK from Escha
Ru'Aun Ichigohitofuri and I was just wondering.

Which Augment path would best serve me until I finish Masa?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-10-25 01:09:19
Link | Citer | R

B is probably the best, you could also look into getting an Umaru from Reisenjima if you don't mind augment gambling.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2016-10-26 14:46:55
Link | Citer | R

Any preferred augments for an ideal umaru?
What stone is best? I recall other weapons (skinflayer/kanaria) turned out to not get a bonus from Ferns so I'm guessing that I should focus on Taupe instead?
I currently have dmg 11 dex 3 acc 23 sc dmg 5% augs on one.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-26 15:46:35
Link | Citer | R

Never tried augmenting an Umaru so I don't know what kind of augs it can get, but I'd shoot for some mix of DMG/STR/Acc+Att/WSD. Ru'Aun GK isn't bad if you want to throw stones at something else as it's basically the first 3 of those augs with 5 more STP, 10% Zanshin OAT, and 5% less Zanshin.
By Aleous 2016-10-26 17:41:05
Link | Citer | R

Not interested in Umaru personally,just want something to hold me over until Masamune is finished.

So B path is best for Ru'Aun GK?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-26 18:03:04
Link | Citer | R

A or B depending on what you usually use SAM for/how you're buffed. B if you regularly need more accuracy, A if you don't. You can always change your path without losing rank for 3000 Silt if you decide to change your mind, too.

If I had to choose one and only one, though, I'd go with B.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Eikyuh
user: eikypoo
By Ragnarok.Eikyuh 2016-10-27 02:37:29
Link | Citer | R

Is there an updated PDT/MDT set? or is front page current.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-27 03:05:40
Link | Citer | R

PDT was. MDT is now; just added Flamma +1 legs/feet.

Pretty much all TP sets are out-of-date as well since I haven't gotten around to adding Flamma+1 gear.
 Ragnarok.Eikyuh
user: eikypoo
By Ragnarok.Eikyuh 2016-10-27 03:35:08
Link | Citer | R

For sure, thanks for quick reply/update. And WS sets are up to date as well? ^^
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-27 09:54:08
Link | Citer | R

I may need to adjust accuracy swaps since our base tp set contains more accuracy now, but the base ws set should still be fine.
 Leviathan.Bohjangles
By Leviathan.Bohjangles 2016-10-31 07:31:50
Link | Citer | R

Got an Umaru last night, after about 20 stones I got this:

It's the biggest amount of +dmg i've seen so far. Would top end dmg like that beat something like +8 dmg/3wsd?
 Asura.Shystie
Serveur: Asura
user: Shystie
By Asura.Shystie 2016-11-05 02:38:54
Link | Citer | R

So I came back from a 2 year break about a month ago. Some things are easier to come by now than before. For example, STP. I believe people are using 4-hit builds now with 450 delay GK. Am I correct? If so, my question is what amount of STP is required for this? I cannot remember the STP breakdown. I have a note in my GS that I need 65 STP for a 5-hit (25 STP in gear) as I have 25 Save TP.

About my SAM:
  • No STP from Gifts

• Capped STP merits

• I have AF, Relic, Empy, and Flamma +1 gear

Current Full Acc TP Set:
ItemSet 149685

Another Question:
This all came about when I was augmenting my Ambuscade cape. Not realizing I couldn't do it, I was in full Flamma gear. Which meant I was low on haste. So I did some math and was like "Hey, buy the Ioskeha Belt and just put 2 Haste and 8 DA in cape." I found out I couldn't so I came up with the gearset above. I was/am trying to cap gear haste and get 1100= Acc (1099 above).

Edit: Currently, I have Full DEX, Acc, and Att in my cape. I am unsure what to put in my cape to finish it, DA or STP. If 4-hit is feasible then...

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
 Neb
By Neb 2016-11-05 09:49:50
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Bohjangles said: »
Got an Umaru last night, after about 20 stones I got this:

It's the biggest amount of +dmg i've seen so far. Would top end dmg like that beat something like +8 dmg/3wsd?

I used this till I got my Dojikiri and it was amazing +28 dmg is beast and 3%ws Dmg is what 600 extra DMG i would say the Extra DMG would win over time.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-11-05 13:51:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shystie said: »
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
With Tsurumaru, assuming max STP merits and NOT including JP, you'll need 57 STP in your TP set (can obviously disregard STP in WS set). With a general 450 GK, it'll vary depending on your WS set. Common WS sets involve:

- 13 STP (Bloodrain/Cibitshavore) [72 STP in gear needed]
- 16 STP (Bloodrain/Cibitshavore/Valorous Mail) [72 STP in gear needed]
- 18 STP (Bloodrain/Cibitshavore/Valorous Greaves) [71 STP in gear needed]
- 21 STP (Bloodrain/Cibitshavore/Valorous Mail/Valorous Greaves) [70 STP in gear needed]
*Just a reminder that these values are without STP Gifts and with STP Merits.

4-hit is definitely do-able and what you should eventually aim for, but for a returning, 0 JP SAM, it would be difficult to do so while also maintaining a respectable amount of accuracy (1100 in a max acc set kinda hurts). If you're able to buy a voucher from this month's Ambuscade, I'd get the Hizamaru +1 legs and use that with Flamma +1 head to add a healthy amount of accuracy to your set while also obtaining nice WS legs. For your cape, I'd probably go with DA for now as odds are you'll be in your Max Acc set quite frequently for a while and STP won't reduce your 5-hit to a 4-hit. If I'm wrong and you do content where you aren't in your Max Acc set very often, then it'll depend on whatever your STP values are. If you'd like calculate it yourself, this is the table I use to calculate base TP a hit.
[+]
 Leviathan.Bohjangles
By Leviathan.Bohjangles 2016-11-06 00:03:40
Link | Citer | R

Neb said: »
[/URL]

I used this till I got my Dojikiri and it was amazing +28 dmg is beast and 3%ws Dmg is what 600 extra DMG i would say the Extra DMG would win over time.

Neat. I ended up settling for this:

By Raystorm 2016-11-06 06:49:46
Link | Citer | R

Could someone post their GearSwap LUA? I think I'm using the Bokura one and for some reason, it doesn't change my head gear during weapon skills (Search function doesn't seem to be working for the website).

Edit: Doubled Checked with showswaps, head piece definitely not changing.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-06 10:36:58
Link | Citer | R

It sounds like maybe it's trying to use Gavialis Helm without you actually having one, or at least not in your usable inventory. If that's the case, then remove that part of the lua.
By Raystorm 2016-11-06 16:47:59
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
It sounds like maybe it's trying to use Gavialis Helm without you actually having one, or at least not in your usable inventory. If that's the case, then remove that part of the lua.

Crisis averted. Appreciate it.
 Valefor.Kiaru
Serveur: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-06 18:26:02
Link | Citer | R

Hello I have a newbie question about SAM if anyone could be so kind as to answer:

What makes SAM good in comparison to other 2h DD's? Or, what is it's unique niche/specialty now? It was lots of TP moves and self skillchaining, but can't all DD jobs do that now and all jobs get TP super fast?

This is a question I'm asking for someone else who is brand new to the game and wants to know more about samurai.
 Neb
By Neb 2016-11-09 19:51:25
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Kiaru said: »
Hello I have a newbie question about SAM if anyone could be so kind as to answer:

What makes SAM good in comparison to other 2h DD's? Or, what is it's unique niche/specialty now? It was lots of TP moves and self skillchaining, but can't all DD jobs do that now and all jobs get TP super fast?

This is a question I'm asking for someone else who is brand new to the game and wants to know more about samurai.

Nothing all jobs have there merits but Play what you would like to play and ghave fun if it is not one of the bandwagon Endgame jobs that you will need to do most content (Geo, Cor, Blu, Blm, Pld, Sch, Run maybe Brd Whm) outside of those jobs they are all just for you really as they will only be played to CP and Solo stuff or have fun with friends.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 153 154 155