Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 68 69 70
By Ruaumoko 2017-07-10 17:40:58
Link | Citer | R

I'm fond of using a Provoke to Ventriloquy macro for opening a fight.

PUP/BLU and spamming Enmity spells isn't worth it anymore because, like you said, a lot of things like to reset Enmity but also because NM's are so dangerous (Fu) going near them to cast said spells on PUP so you can swap the Enmity is suicidal.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-07-10 17:58:01
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
I'm fond of using a Provoke to Ventriloquy macro for opening a fight.

PUP/BLU and spamming Enmity spells isn't worth it anymore because, like you said, a lot of things like to reset Enmity but also because NM's are so dangerous (Fu) going near them to cast said spells on PUP so you can swap the Enmity is suicidal.

Can always keep Pup/whm and use one dia and spam cure on yourself and others and then switch over for a valid Vent.

Also + enmity gear when you use maybe worth a think
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-07-10 18:04:05
Link | Citer | R

I use a flash > vent macro when /whm

Pet enmity on heyoka set is quite nice also.
By Ruaumoko 2017-07-11 11:24:57
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Finished it. I may have made one or two slight errors or not addressed everything in the same depth, I was already running this long at 36 minutes after all. I couldn't for the life of me find an NPC to replay the WHM and BLM CS's as neither of the two in Aht Urghan Whitegate would give them.

I directed people here in case they had questions for the wider community.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-07-11 13:11:52
Link | Citer | R

Finished it. I may have made one or two slight errors or not addressed everything in the same depth

Then only thing I saw was that Overdrive gives Magic haste, not job ability haste. I have difference of opinion about some things, but that's irrelevant.

The above notwithstanding, exceptional job Ruaumoko. It's a wonderful video.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-07-11 13:44:49
Link | Citer | R

I'll see if I can add a caption card via the Video Editor to amend that. It's a small point as you said because it's reaching the same end regardless but still, I'll see what I can do.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-07-11 14:12:25
Link | Citer | R

Ruau, you might know the answer to this. What happens to a Wyvern when you copy Hasso onto it via Empathy? Does it get the bonus? Also, do you know if haste samba affects the pet if it copys the effect? I don't believe daze affects traditionally effect pets, but I haven't actually ever tested that.

Part of my reason for asking is that it's possible to give an Automaton Last Resort or Hasso, but I am curious if the haste effect applies to them since I don't know what the game classifies them as.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
Serveur: Asura
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2017-07-11 14:27:28
Link | Citer | R

earner yourself a sub friend. side note, were you playing blackmill in the backround?
By Ruaumoko 2017-07-11 14:39:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Mewwgoat said: »
earner yourself a sub friend. side note, were you playing blackmill in the backround?
The music you mean? Nah. Cheers for pointing Blackmill out though.

I listed all the tracks played in the description of the video.
By Ruaumoko 2017-07-11 14:44:34
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Ruau, you might know the answer to this. What happens to a Wyvern when you copy Hasso onto it via Empathy? Does it get the bonus? Also, do you know if haste samba affects the pet if it copys the effect? I don't believe daze affects traditionally effect pets, but I haven't actually ever tested that.

Part of my reason for asking is that it's possible to give an Automaton Last Resort or Hasso, but I am curious if the haste effect applies to them since I don't know what the game classifies them as.
It gets the buff but doesn't get anything from it. Hasso only affects two-handed weapons and I don't think the Wyvern is classed as using that damage type. I can't think of any mobs that use Last Resort or Hasso so I'm not sure how an Automaton can absorb it via Regulator.
By clearlyamule 2017-07-11 14:57:00
Link | Citer | R

It gets the buff but doesn't get anything from it. Hasso only affects two-handed weapons and I don't think the Wyvern is classed as using that damage type. I can't think of any mobs that use Last Resort or Hasso so I'm not sure how an Automaton can absorb it via Regulator.
Could have a mob that absorbs from you.

I believe all pet melee attacks are counted as 1hd which is part of how they were 1hd acc cap adjustment and in line with that they changed all the pets that had h2h type to the impact blunt type
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-07-11 15:03:33
Link | Citer | R

That's pretty much what I assumed, but I wanted to be sure.

Sambas duration is so short that I don't think you'll ever get anything meaningful out of it. Could probably use it against Fu, but that'd be about it that I can think of. Wouldn't even be that reliable.

I really want some kind of job ability haste on automatons. 68.75% is not enough!
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Serveur: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-07-11 15:10:48
Link | Citer | R

Damn I have to turn my volume up sooo much to hear you clearly!!! Awesome video!

Glad you did that, with suggested attachments and all.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-07-11 15:13:55
Link | Citer | R

on't think you'll ever get anything meaningful out of it. Could probably use it against Fu, but that'd be about it that I can think of. Wouldn't even be that reliable.
Can Mighty Guard be stolen?

derp... JOB ABILITY haste....
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-07-11 15:16:01
Link | Citer | R

I like the video too, but if you are gonna put in correction notes, I'd also mention that around the 10 min mark you say automaton has slots for 16 attachments when they have 12 slots.
By clearlyamule 2017-07-11 15:35:38
Link | Citer | R

That's pretty much what I assumed, but I wanted to be sure.

Sambas duration is so short that I don't think you'll ever get anything meaningful out of it. Could probably use it against Fu, but that'd be about it that I can think of. Wouldn't even be that reliable.

I really want some kind of job ability haste on automatons. 68.75% is not enough!
ah now I get your intentions then yeah LR would be out too if you wanting the haste.

Samba duration can actually kind of get up there if you have an actual dnc. Base is 1:30 but fully meriting saber dance gets you another 20% (though not sure how that is applied), tiara another 45 sec, dnc back another 15 sec, another 40 sec with jp. So 3:10 +20% however that's factored.

While not as good as haste if you want to try and get it attacking faster thru odd means like buff transfers there is also Blitzer's Roll
By Ruaumoko 2017-07-11 16:47:33
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Damn I have to turn my volume up sooo much to hear you clearly!!! Awesome video!

Glad you did that, with suggested attachments and all.
Hrm... thought that might be an issue. I'll mess around with the video editor tomorrow and see if I can't up the volume a little bit. I've been struggling to get the narration/BGM balance right.

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I like the video too, but if you are gonna put in correction notes, I'd also mention that around the 10 min mark you say automaton has slots for 16 attachments when they have 12 slots.
Noticed that as the video was uploading, I've added a little annotation on that section of the video mentioning the mistake.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2017-07-11 16:56:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Mewwgoat said: »
The music you mean? Nah. Cheers for pointing Blackmill out though.

I listed all the tracks played in the description of the video.
hadn't even thought of that since i full screened it and turned up (love 3 monitors for this reason). CMA though, thats why i recognized it!
By Teuphist 2017-07-13 21:45:31
Link | Citer | R

Well aware of how weapon skill damage works on the first swing of skills, though I'm curious if anyone here has tried adding multiple pieces to their set to see how that compares to tried and proved sets we're all comfortable with?
 Bismarck.Nariont
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nariont
By Bismarck.Nariont 2017-07-14 05:33:58
Link | Citer | R

Actually did try wsd on VS for awhile, made its dmg more consistent but overall lower average, for the rest of pups ws apart from shijin and pummel high str/acc/atk with wsd is the way to go afaik, even for raging since like VS the high ftp is only on the 1st hit.
By Teuphist 2017-07-26 07:56:01
Link | Citer | R

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52939-Time-for-a-change....DEVS%21?p=598904#post598904

Please take a moment to chime in on this post, I'm hoping to make a push to the Dev team to giving us some updates which will put us into non-pet party end game groups.

ALSO, Ruau and Tru....I'd love to see you two collaborate on a 3.0 guide on here with up to date nodes and such. I can give my input as well, though I seem to get the most info from the two of you (three when Nehza's around). Seriously, no pressure
 Bismarck.Nariont
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nariont
By Bismarck.Nariont 2017-07-26 09:22:41
Link | Citer | R

Cant login to OF atm and SE really doesnt care about the english side of it, finally im not sure they can fix anything about the puppets AI, best they could do is turn puppet into a bst pet and put all its stuff behind commands though that sucks since pup would just become bst with a sturdier pet. I just don't think SE can speed up the checks needed for sc/mb, or dont want to bother doing so.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-06 08:36:18
Link | Citer | R

Maybe I'm blind, but in Rua's guide I can't find an exact list of attachments used for his Valoredge tanking.
There's some (most) mandatory attachments listed but not all, can find the full list for the other setups just not for Valoredge.

Anybody mind sharing it with me or pointing me to the exact time int he video where he lists all the attachments?

Also when he makes a list of the mandatory ones he says "armor plate + optic fiber I + optic fiber II"
I guess he means Armor Plate IV?

Other opinions on full Valoredge tanking vs Harlequin/WHmhead tanking?
I don't have a lot of experience tanking on PUP but I seemed to get better results with the latter, especially in terms of enmity retention.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-06 08:42:22
Link | Citer | R

I have 35% pet DT in gear, i.e. an excess of 5% (8% inside escha zones) of DT in my gimp tanking set.
I dunno what should I do.
Swap some gear out? Use a lower tier Armor Plate to gain more Earth elemental capacity and use something else in its place?
Just leave things as they are?
By clearlyamule 2017-08-06 13:29:02
Link | Citer | R

It's hard to give exact always do this sets because it's going to vary largely because of just how much you can fiddle with as your wants and needs change so while some attachments and even some maneuvers are more or less always for a given role depending on the situation there are generally a lot of flex spots for depending on what you are fighting your set up and what you want your auto to do. So it's best to have an understand of what everything does and apply to your needs

As far as gear goes though for actual tanking or even mixed dd/tanking 35% IS NOT excess. pdt is not the only important thing at least on anything you'd bother having a tank on. So I'd work more changing up the APs or earth maneuvers. Personally most the time I prefer capping pdt without earth maneuvers at all unless I'm already using one for weird fights I bring in analyzer and/or equalizer maybe barrier module too idk haven't played around/not enough testing to really incorporate it into my strats. Anyways having more maneuvers dedicated to elements that help your auto regen or take less other dmg or even deal some more dmg or get more enmity generally going to be better.

Generally speaking for pure tanking VE vs harle frames are going to be about how bad the magic dmg is. VE has decently higher hp, defense, base dt, more fire and earth capacity... but harle/soul has more light/water capacity and can shell itself for almost capped mdt depending on gear (would have to use stormwaker frame to actually cap but that has an hp penalty ewww) and can cure self somewhat without having much in the way of offensive spellcasting
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-08-06 13:44:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Maybe I'm blind, but in Rua's guide I can't find an exact list of attachments used for his Valoredge tanking.
There's some (most) mandatory attachments listed but not all, can find the full list for the other setups just not for Valoredge.
27:05 on the video.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-06 15:07:27
Link | Citer | R

All Right! That's the one I was talking about, found it for all the other setups just not Valoredge.
Hmmm looks pretty similar to what I've been using except Barrier Module 1 in place of Shock Absorber 3, and the Absorber dark-based attachment (can't remember the name now) in place of Galvanizer

Allright, thanks!
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2017-08-08 16:23:18
Link | Citer | R

Anybody else is having issues with Pet not attacking or WS-ing (at 3,000% TP)?

Both I and Mysticat are seeing this issue happen, not sure if it's the location of our pets related to the mob or if its a glitch.

also it says Pet: TP 0% when clearly he has TP (so not exactly sure)

Thanks guys.
By clearlyamule 2017-08-08 16:29:13
Link | Citer | R

There is a glitch that lets you make it so the pets will only auto attack that SE has literally covered up and told the reporters not to talk about it but it doesn't effect tp and wont stop auto attacking. Also how do you know you have 3k tp if it says 0?
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 68 69 70