Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-09-19 15:27:25
Link | Citer | R

Aerix said: »
Edit:
Oh, one other thing: //gs disable back for the CP cape doesn't seem to work with Mote's luas at all (however, the console confirms that back is disabled. showswaps prints "--- function: 4E941560 ---" separate of the "--- status change ---" print and then swaps in my usual capes as normal, instead of keeping the CP cape equipped.

Is there any way to fix this?

Check to see if you don't have some code that is enabling the back slot under some circumstances.
By Aerix 2017-09-20 07:54:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Selindrile said: »
Aerix, you may want to take a look at my gearswaps, I end up posting them from time to time, they are based on mote's but highly modified, have a "capacity mode" as well as you can have specific tp sets depending on the specific puppet you have out, even.

My Dropbox

My Discord

Feel free to ask for support on the discord in the Allchat channel or by sending direct messages to Kalesandrancor.

Thank you for the links! I took a look through your luas, and while there were a few code snippets that were very nice, none of them helped me address the issue I'm trying to solve with the automatic gearswap after maton reaches 1000% TP :/

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Check to see if you don't have some code that is enabling the back slot under some circumstances.

Ah, I had totally forgotten that I added Mote's Treasure hunter utility code to my lua, which was the thing unlocking all my slots. Thank you!
 Asura.Selindrile
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-09-21 14:31:07
Link | Citer | R

Aerix, I could write something that did that, however, I'm not sure why you're trying to do so, my gearswap swaps into the right gear for the Auto's TP moves, what exactly are you trying to accomplish with the 1k+ TP change?

Also yeah, I have his TH code added to all of mine, and don't have that issue, though I don't lock the back i handle that in post, I do lock other slots on occasion without that problem, though.
By Aerix 2017-09-21 16:26:03
Link | Citer | R

Aerix, I could write something that did that, however, I'm not sure why you're trying to do so, my gearswap swaps into the right gear for the Auto's TP moves, what exactly are you trying to accomplish with the 1k+ TP change?

Also yeah, I have his TH code added to all of mine, and don't have that issue, though I don't lock the back i handle that in post, I do lock other slots on occasion without that problem, though.

Gearswap pet.midcast swaps are too late to swap in WS gear for Automaton WSs as they are instantaneous. I'm not sure if you managed to somehow create a workaround with your code, but from what I've read, it's an unsolvable issue as when the packets coming from the server notify Gearswap of the WS, the WS has already happened.

As for TreasureHunter code - I briefly looked over your code, and it has the same snippet that causes my backslot to be enabled.
Code
-- Set locked TH flag to false, and enable relevant gear slots.
function unlock_TH()
	if state.TreasureMode.value == 'None' then return end
    state.th_gear_is_locked = false
    local slots = T{}
    for slot,item in pairs(sets.TreasureHunter) do
        slots:append(slot)
    end
    enable(slots)
    send_command('gs c update auto')
end

It's the "enable(slots)" in line 106 of Sel-TreasureHunter.lua as far as I can tell.
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-09-21 17:31:47
Link | Citer | R

As to the automaton WS being instantaneous, that may have been an oversight with me, I didn't believe it was, and I'll look into it and see if things are being swapped into properly, I don't usually play Pup so I haven't tested it thoroughly, thanks for the heads-up.

As to the TreasureHunter, take a closer look at that code, the slots table is created, then only the slots that are actually in your sets.TreasureHunter are added to the table, then only the slots in that table are enabled, so unless you have TH gear on your back, it shouldn't be enabled by that line.

Addendum: Automaton WS are not instantaneous, they're assuredly two messages, that said, they are extremely fast, I'm not 100% sure if the gear is actually getting in "In Time", but the equip packet is certainly being sent before the WS landing packet is recieved. I unfortunately don't have the gear to truly test based on damage if the gear is swapping in time, picture included to show what I mean about the equip packet being sent before the landing packet recieved.

Screenshot

If you have the gear and the time, maybe give my GS a shot and see if the gear does get in fast enough.
 Bahamut.Pikohan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jone
By Bahamut.Pikohan 2017-09-21 18:03:30
Link | Citer | R

I'm getting this error trying to load gearswap:
Code
Gearswap: Lua runtime error: libs/chat.lua:48: attempt to index local 'string'

I tried overwriting my libs folder and gearswap folder with the ones on github and I still get the same error.

How do I fix this?
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-09-21 18:08:57
Link | Citer | R

@Pikohan Not sure your issue but, I'd move your personal gearswap files out of the folder if you have any, delete the whole folder and redownload the addon from the launcher, see if that fixes it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Pikohan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jone
By Bahamut.Pikohan 2017-09-21 18:16:14
Link | Citer | R

That fixed it somehow. Thanks!
[+]
By Aerix 2017-09-21 18:39:09
Link | Citer | R

As to the automaton WS being instantaneous, that may have been an oversight with me, I didn't believe it was, and I'll look into it and see if things are being swapped into properly, I don't usually play Pup so I haven't tested it thoroughly, thanks for the heads-up.

As to the TreasureHunter, take a closer look at that code, the slots table is created, then only the slots that are actually in your sets.TreasureHunter are added to the table, then only the slots in that table are enabled, so unless you have TH gear on your back, it shouldn't be enabled by that line.

Addendum: Automaton WS are not instantaneous, they're assuredly two messages, that said, they are extremely fast, I'm not 100% sure if the gear is actually getting in "In Time", but the equip packet is certainly being sent before the WS landing packet is recieved. I unfortunately don't have the gear to truly test based on damage if the gear is swapping in time, picture included to show what I mean about the equip packet being sent before the landing packet recieved.

Screenshot

If you have the gear and the time, maybe give my GS a shot and see if the gear does get in fast enough.

Ah, I guess that's the issue with the sets.TreasureHunter - it combined my regular engaged set with my TH gear, that's why all slots were unlocking. I'll have to test tomorrow whether I can reduce it to only the TH slots unlocking.

As for maton WS, those lines are exactly the same that Mote's Pet.Weaponskill produces, but the gear doesn't switch in time for the WS. However, since your implementation seems a bit different, I will certainly test your lua tomorrow and report back.

On that note, would you prefer to continue this conversation in Discord? I appreciate the help so far, so I'd prefer to make things more convenient for you, if possible.
[+]
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-09-21 18:41:55
Link | Citer | R

My stuff is largely based on Motes but highly modified, I'm not sure if I changed something in this department or not, to be honest, but yeah can't really test effectively with my gear, thanks for the testing, and if it's really not swapping in in time, I'll implement other idle gear with petTP > 1000 as per your idea, thanks.
By Bongarippa 2017-09-21 18:47:21
Link | Citer | R

I've been having an issue for the past couple hours where my gearswap will no longer be loaded by windower. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall windower, redownload the windower install file, I've uninstalled my antivirus and deleted it off my computer. Basically tried anything I could think of or was recommended to me. This is the error I'm getting. If someone could help me out with this, I'd appreciate it. This just started happening a few hours ago as I was playing the game around noon time.

Ragnarok.Kenshi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: KenshiDRK
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2017-09-21 19:04:43
Link | Citer | R

Bongarippa said: »
I've been having an issue for the past couple hours where my gearswap will no longer be loaded by windower. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall windower, redownload the windower install file, I've uninstalled my antivirus and deleted it off my computer. Basically tried anything I could think of or was recommended to me. This is the error I'm getting. If someone could help me out with this, I'd appreciate it. This just started happening a few hours ago as I was playing the game around noon time.

Looks like your are missing the data.lua on the packets folder, check "Windower4\addons\libs\packets" folder and look if you are missing it, if so download it from https://github.com/Windower/Lua/tree/dev/addons/libs/packets and put it on the folder, if you are not missing it make sure the name of the file is correct.
By Bongarippa 2017-09-21 19:17:49
Link | Citer | R

Yea I dont even have libs or packets folder in windower. Ive turned off every addon and plugin besides gearswap to try to get it to work, even uninstalled and reinstalled again and those folders still weren't in there. I created the folders and am gonna try to put those files in there and see what happens. This is getting pretty frustrating...
By Bongarippa 2017-09-21 19:35:18
Link | Citer | R

Ok that worked. Thanks Kenshi :D
 Phoenix.Darkspawn
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Tphantom
By Phoenix.Darkspawn 2017-09-23 14:26:25
Link | Citer | R

this is what I'm getting after gearswap update, for reference I'm using Verda's SMN lua.

any help would be appreciated
 Leviathan.Choisya
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Choisya
By Leviathan.Choisya 2017-09-25 07:30:42
Link | Citer | R

Have an error on cor lua, but since the last update I can't see the line # as it is off the screen. I checked "ErrorNewLine" and "CondenseError" were both set to true as suggested in a previous post, and they are. Any way to shorten the error message line so i can actually see the error line number?
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-09-25 09:19:53
Link | Citer | R

You could set the console font to a smaller text size, maybe that would help fit the entire line within the window.

Type this in console:
Code
console_font arial 8
 Leviathan.Choisya
By Leviathan.Choisya 2017-09-25 09:43:06
Link | Citer | R

Hmm tried that and now nothing happens, i can't even get console back. The screen freezes as tho its there, but nothing on screen.
 Leviathan.Choisya
By Leviathan.Choisya 2017-09-25 10:02:56
Link | Citer | R

All sorted, but thanks, seems 8 might have been too small but 10 works great. :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Cherylin
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Cherylinn
By Quetzalcoatl.Cherylin 2017-09-26 09:43:56
Link | Citer | R

I posted this on an older similar thread but it looks like this is the right place. Sorry for the duplicate.

Last night, I changed to WHM and immediately my screen was inundated with line after line of error messages. This morning it's doing the same thing.

When I change to other jobs, the job.lua is initially loaded, but then this error comes up:

GearSwap: Lua runtime error: gearswap/refresh.lua:174:GearSwap: File failed to load: ...s (x86)Windower4/addons/gearswap/data/iterator.lua:44: attempted to call global 'class' (a nil value)

I've tried engaging mobs, and my gear isn't swapping.

I'm really bad at this stuff and have not the foggiest idea of what to do. Any advice would be really appreciated.
 Leviathan.Vow
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2017-09-26 17:02:11
Link | Citer | R

The class function is defined in tables.lua on line 80. It hasn't been modified in 5 years, so it's not that.

Did your file explicitly require the tables library at some point? It doesn't look like GearSwap exposes class to the user_env table. It previously would have been duplicated in the user environment via require.

You can patch it with
Code
local class = gearswap.class
in the file that's throwing the error.
 Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2017-10-04 07:36:28
Link | Citer | R

Hi I am using Bokura's COR gearswap and everything is fine except when I perform a ranged attack I get this error

detected a error in the user funcion precast: COR.lua:367: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

I don't switch to my pre shot gear or mid shot gear, I just get the error. I think its something to do with the ammo checking function in the Lua which I don't really need anyway. I've played around with it for hours with no lucky. Here is the precast section that's giving the error...
Code
function precast(spell,action)
	if spell.action_type == 'Ranged Attack' or spell.type == "WeaponSkill" then
		if player.equipment.ammo == "Animikii Bullet" then -- Cancel Ranged Attack or WS If You Have Animikii Bullet Equipped --
			cancel_spell()
			add_to_chat(123, spell.name .. ' Canceled: [Animikii Bullet Equipped!]')
			return
		else
			local check_ammo
			local check_ammo_count = 1
			if spell.action_type == 'Ranged Attack' then
				check_ammo = player.equipment.ammo
				if player.equipment.ammo == 'empty' or player.inventory[check_ammo].count <= check_ammo_count then
					add_to_chat(123, spell.name..' Canceled: [Out of Ammo]')
					cancel_spell()
					return
				else
					equip(sets.Preshot,(buffactive["Triple Shot"] and {body="Chasseur's Frac +1"} or {}))
					if player.inventory[check_ammo].count <= ammo_warning_limit and player.inventory[check_ammo].count > 1 and not warning then
						add_to_chat(8, '***** [Low Ammo Warning!] *****')
						warning = true
					elseif player.inventory[check_ammo].count > ammo_warning_limit and warning then
						warning = false
					end
				end
			elseif spell.type == "WeaponSkill" then
				if player.status ~= 'Engaged' then -- Cancel WS If You Are Not Engaged. Can Delete It If You Don't Need It --
					cancel_spell()
					add_to_chat(123,'Unable To Use WeaponSkill: [Disengaged]')
					return
				else
					equipSet = sets.WS
					if equipSet[spell.english] then
						equipSet = equipSet[spell.english]
					end
					if equipSet[AccArray[AccIndex]] then
						equipSet = equipSet[AccArray[AccIndex]]
					end
					if buffactive['Reive Mark'] then -- Equip Ygnas's Resolve +1 During Reive --
						equipSet = set_combine(equipSet,{})
					end
					if spell.english == "Last Stand" and (player.tp > 2990 or buffactive.Sekkanoki) then -- Equip Altdorf's Earring and Wilhelm's Earring When You Have 3000 TP or Sekkanoki For Last Stand --
						equipSet = set_combine(equipSet,{})
					end
					equip(equipSet)
				end
			end
		end
	elseif spell.type == "JobAbility" then
		if sets.JA[spell.english] then
			equip(sets.JA[spell.english])
			if spell.english == "Snake Eye" then -- Auto Double-Up After You Use Snake Eye --
				send_command('@wait 1;input /ja Double-Up <me>')
			end
		end
	elseif spell.type == "CorsairRoll" or spell.english == "Double-Up" then
		equip(sets.Rolls)
		if spell.english == "Tactician's Roll" then -- Change Tactician's Roll Equipment Here --
			equip({body="Chasseur's Frac +1"})
		elseif spell.english == "Caster's Roll" then -- Change Caster's Roll Equipment Here --
			equip({legs="Chas. Culottes +1"})
		elseif spell.english == "Courser's Roll" then -- Change Courser's Roll Equipment Here --
			equip({feet="Chass. Bottes +1"})
		elseif spell.english == "Blitzer's Roll" then -- Change Blitzer's Roll Equipment Here --
			equip({})
		elseif spell.english == "Allies' Roll" then -- Change Allies' Roll Equipment Here --
			equip({hands="Chasseur's Gants +1"})
		end
	elseif spell.type == "CorsairShot" then
		equipSet = sets.QD
		if ACC_Shots:contains(spell.english) then
			equipSet = sets.QD.HighACC
		else
			if equipSet[AccArray[AccIndex]] then
				equipSet = equipSet[AccArray[AccIndex]]
			end
			if not ACC_Shots:contains(spell.english) and (world.day_element == spell.element or world.weather_element == spell.element) and sets.Obi[spell.element] and Obi == 'ON' then -- Use Obi Toggle To Unlock Elemental Obi --
				equipSet = set_combine(equipSet,sets.Obi[spell.element])
			end
		end
		equip(equipSet)
	elseif spell.action_type == 'Magic' then
		if spell.english == 'Utsusemi: Ni' then
			if buffactive['Copy Image (3)'] then
				cancel_spell()
				add_to_chat(123, spell.name .. ' Canceled: [3 Images]')
				return
			else
				equip(sets.Precast.FastCast)
			end
		else
			equip(sets.Precast.FastCast)
		end
	elseif spell.type == "Waltz" then
		refine_waltz(spell,action)
		equip(sets.Waltz)
	elseif spell.english == 'Spectral Jig' and buffactive.Sneak then
		cast_delay(0.2)
		send_command('cancel Sneak')
	end
end

The line the error is on is this one
if player.equipment.ammo == 'empty' or player.inventory[check_ammo].count <= check_ammo_count then

playing around with it I managed to get it to switch to mid shot gear but not preshot by removing the ammo count stuff in there

thanks for any help
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-10-04 08:27:37
Link | Citer | R

If you don't have any of the ammo that you are searching for you won't get a number, you'll get a null instead. You can get around that by doing something similar to this.
Code
local current_ammo_count = player.inventory[check_ammo] or 0
if player.equipment.ammo == 'empty' or current_ammo_count <= check_ammo_count then
 Valefor.Gorns
Serveur: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2017-10-04 12:41:14
Link | Citer | R

After 1 year using Gearswap for mainly mages job and my BLU, I realized I've never used the defense mode and I'm wondering how it works.
Not the cycle command but when is it applicable ? in which situation the gears automaticcaly switch to the defense mode defined sets ?

I mean we are either engaged, casting or idling.
Are the defense modes made for when we are under special status like slept/terror/bound/stunned or doomed ?
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Serveur: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-10-04 13:04:30
Link | Citer | R

They are for when you want to stay in defensive sets while engaged.

When fighting something that spams magic attacks, you might want to TP in your MDB set. Much like a mage might want to idol it DT- sets while fighting something with a large AOE range.

You could just lump them into your Offense modes, but putting them on a separate toggle makes it less of a hassle to cycle through.
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-10-04 13:18:44
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Gorns said: »
After 1 year using Gearswap for mainly mages job and my BLU, I realized I've never used the defense mode and I'm wondering how it works.
Not the cycle command but when is it applicable ? in which situation the gears automaticcaly switch to the defense mode defined sets ?

Are the defense modes made for when we are under special status like slept/terror/bound/stunned or doomed ?

I suggest to read Mote documentation on sets to better understand how all the modes work. TLDR: defense generic sets (sets.defense.*) always take priority during engaged/idle status but you can override any set including the defense mode in them (e.g. sets.engaged.PDT, sets.engaged.Acc.PDT and so on)
 Valefor.Gorns
Serveur: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2017-10-04 13:50:13
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »

You could just lump them into your Offense modes, but putting them on a separate toggle makes it less of a hassle to cycle through.

Ok, this is clear, and that's what I actually do: I lump them in my engaged or idle set and just cycle when I have to.

thanx !
 Asura.Seriweri
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2017-10-04 14:02:08
Link | Citer | R

This has been discussed before, but I couldn´t find a definite solution for it just with topic search, so...

About 95% of my unbridled/diffusion casts unequip empy feet too fast for them to add diffusion duration to it, being experienced mostly on mighty guard of course. I can´t tell yet if the other 5% happen during higher or lower latency than usual tho.

Not using motenten, but a custom one I snatched somewhere:
Code
sets.JA.Diffusion = {feet="Mirage Charuqs +2",}
[...]
function midcast(spell,act)
	if spell.english == 'Mighty Guard' then
		if buffactive['Diffusion'] then
			equip(sets.JA.Diffusion)
			add_to_chat(158,'if you can read this then charuqs should actually be equipped now kthx')				
		end
	end

As a workaround, I fiddled in /equip feet, gs disable feet, gs enable feet after cast into a macro, but it´s kinda bad to have to wait for the gs enable midfight.
Any ideas? Thx in advance.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-10-04 14:51:01
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Gorns said: »

Defense mode is your OH SH*T button. You can use it any time you're in imminent danger and want to turtle.

Like Spynx said, it overrides every other swap until you toggle it back off (alt-F12).

Shiva.Spynx said: »
I suggest to read Mote documentation on sets to better understand how all the modes work. TLDR: defense generic sets (sets.defense.*) always take priority during engaged/idle status but you can override any set including the defense mode in them (e.g. sets.engaged.PDT, sets.engaged.Acc.PDT and so on)

Hybrid sets are a better way to handle defensive swaps while engaged, since it leaves the option of still going into full defense mode when necessary.
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-10-04 15:42:41
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Hybrid sets are a better way to handle defensive swaps while engaged, since it leaves the option of still going into full defense mode when necessary.

True, I'm just lazy and only jobs I use full defense sets are RUN/PLD while on other jobs I usually have only hybrid sets (DT/refresh).
First Page 2 3 ... 125 126 127 ... 180 181 182