First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 70 71 72
 Sylph.Rafaras
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-04-01 05:50:42
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Puppets and Sakura are available from NPCs now.

Assault points: Ovjang, Cipher: Mnejing (can be from any zone in assault office)
Fields of Valor points: Sakura (Any FOV book for 300 pts)

Just got them, A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!
 Ragnarok.Annastasia
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Annastasia 2014-04-01 08:02:38
Link | Citer | R

Is there any way to get Lion again? All the other Ciphers are available through other means right now, but I can't find Lion. She's all I'm missing! ><
 Asura.Kazmazza
Serveur: Asura
user: Kazmazza
By Asura.Kazmazza 2014-04-01 08:15:25
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Annastasia said: »
Is there any way to get Lion again? All the other Ciphers are available through other means right now, but I can't find Lion. She's all I'm missing! ><
Unfortunately I don't think so. I think they only made the New year event NPC's available again, like Joachim. So since Lion was a login campaign shes not up again.
Chances are she'll be repeated in another login campaign, like Zeid.
 Ragnarok.Annastasia
By Ragnarok.Annastasia 2014-04-01 08:31:35
Link | Citer | R

Rawr. I was afraid of that.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-04-01 12:51:36
Link | Citer | R

the Autos are cute but not hugly helpful for 99 i think theyd be more helpful for lvling jobs rdm doesnt use healing or buffs
 Valefor.Kensagaku
Serveur: Valefor
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2014-04-01 13:10:26
Link | Citer | R

Don't forget that the autos were supposed to work best with our little empress. Perhaps solo they're not as good, have you tried pairing them with her?
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2014-04-02 10:57:42
Link | Citer | R

So easy to obtain again too.

You don't even need to have ever done Assault to get the 6000 points necessary. Just trade 6 x Copper vouchers for 6000 points.

Just done it on my alt. Off to Frank now.
 Asura.Ivykyori
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-04-02 11:00:21
Link | Citer | R

I saw a picture of Sakura and was like I MUST HAVE HER NAO!

If only for the combat skill gain boost, she's just too effing cute!
 Ragnarok.Exavion
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-04-05 10:21:29
Link | Citer | R

What is this combat skill gain shenanigans?!

All I have seen her have is the indi-regen and sitting there looking cute which is pretty hilarious by itself.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-05 10:39:11
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Kensagaku said: »
Don't forget that the autos were supposed to work best with our little empress. Perhaps solo they're not as good, have you tried pairing them with her?
Allegedly, Ovjang gains Enmity- and Magic Damage+ (or possibly Magic Attack Bonus+?) and Mnejing gets Enmity+ and DEF+ when called alongside Nashmeira. Anecdotally, the difference doesn't seem spectacular.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-04-05 13:01:02
Link | Citer | R

Some stuff I noticed while fighting with Mneijing and Ovjang:

* Mneijing *
- Uses Provoke, Flash, Shield Bash, Disruptor attachments
- Uses String Clipper, Chimera Ripper and String Shredder (although the last one I've only seen once; might be under special conditions only)
- Seems to have a high physical resistance %; so possibly has all earth-based attachments for it equipped.
- Sadly does NOT use cures at all, even when in red HP. Not on himself or anyone else in the party.

* Ovjang *
- Uses Paralyze and Slow (from what I've seen the only debuffs he uses)
- Uses Knockout and Magic Mortar (but the latter isn't used often; might be special conditions again)
- Uses all elemental magic nukes up to tier IV
- Does not cast any enhancement spells
- Does not cast any healing spells (boo!)
- Doesn't use any attachment-related abilities.

That's just what I observed in the hour I tested them both out in some Adoulin areas.
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2014-04-08 02:46:40
Link | Citer | R

Ovjang uses "Sixth Element" which dose decent damage, but I was playing around in Rieves so...
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-04-08 07:10:33
Link | Citer | R

Where is the best spot to gain points to buy the little chocobo? Kinda been using those books for free warps and sneaks >.>
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-08 07:52:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Where is the best spot to gain points to buy the little chocobo? Kinda been using those books for free warps and sneaks >.>

You can only gain tabs once per game day, but a zone like sky or even zeruhn mines is easy enough. Zone in, kill a few worms, get points. 300 points is not hard to gain, and Im shocked you could actually run out of those points.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-08 12:54:04
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Quote:
Where's my Luzaf cipher already

Agreed. We need a real ranged Trust (not Joachim), Gunner would be great, COR rolls, and his hair is cool. I approve of Luzaf.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I would love Luzaf, but given the lore I highly doubt it's possible.

ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE!!!! I'm excited for a shooter and Corsair.

Here's to hoping he isnt using Magus and Drachen roll.....
 Valefor.Xerus
Serveur: Valefor
user: Xerus
By Valefor.Xerus 2014-04-12 22:56:46
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
the Autos are cute but not hugly helpful for 99 i think theyd be more helpful for lvling jobs rdm doesnt use healing or buffs
I've been leveling in The Tree lately, and have experimented with using both in different situations. Mnejing was a pretty useful tank, but as noted, he never uses all that MP he sits on. If he used Cannibal Blade or something, maybe he'd be worthwhile. Did chuckle when I first saw him use Flashbulb though. They didn't label Provoke as Strobe though.

Ovjang is pretty sub par overall for everything I wanted to use it for. Nuke support with Toto and Ajido is about the best I've found so far, but it'll make sure to debuff first before joining with the nukes.

Sakura's skill gain rate+ is pretty notable btw. Strongly suggest it if you're going to skill up. Only noticed it on combat skills, as it is listed. No note worthy gain rate when casting spells. The geo Regen effect was pretty nice though, and little Sakura is apparently impervious to damage. That would just be mean to see a babby chicken get hurt, wouldn't it?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-14 10:38:49
Link | Citer | R

Luzaf:

This character is fairly unique, in that they use one type of weapon for TP moves and a completely different set for WS.

JA:
Triple Shot
Quick Draw all elements. (seems to favor Ice Shot)
*Have not seen him do one phantom roll
TP: Tends to only use moves between 250-300TP

Laeden Salute: Uses Death Penalty.

Grisly Horizon: Uses a large black scythe like sword.Akimbo Shot: Multi hit range WS
Bisection: Multi hit with regular TP weapons, sword+dagger.
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2014-04-14 10:58:34
Link | Citer | R

A corsair as a dd is a terrible idea... Why would they do this to us?
 Siren.Kentai
Serveur: Siren
user: Kentai713
By Siren.Kentai 2014-04-14 11:47:15
Link | Citer | R

They probably didn't want to go through the effort of setting up AI to deal with phantom roll. Since the effectiveness of the rolls is solely based on the corsair's judgement (knowing when it's a good or bad idea to double-up), it would probably be trickier to program then a brd trust. Just my theory though ^^;
 Ragnarok.Leysritt
user: Leysritt
By Ragnarok.Leysritt 2014-04-14 12:00:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ivykyori said: »
I saw a picture of Sakura and was like I MUST HAVE HER NAO!

If only for the combat skill gain boost, she's just too effing cute!

I like to dress up in my Chocobo suit and pretend I'm am other hen with her chick.
 Ragnarok.Leysritt
user: Leysritt
By Ragnarok.Leysritt 2014-04-14 12:02:51
Link | Citer | R

Idea for Luzaf that'll never get looked at by the devs.

Why not just make him do a roll once instead of an AI needing to judge/compute the percentages? One roll and you can still (sometimes) have a chance of hitting the roll's lucky number
 Fenrir.Squintik
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Squintik
By Fenrir.Squintik 2014-04-14 12:04:08
Link | Citer | R

So does he use Phantom roll at all?
 Siren.Kentai
By Siren.Kentai 2014-04-14 12:06:39
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Grisly Horizon: Uses a large black scythe like sword.

That sword appears to be the one Odin uses. Not Hofud, but Odin's actual sword during the fight. Which would make sense based on the story.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-14 12:12:58
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kentai said: »
They probably didn't want to go through the effort of setting up AI to deal with phantom roll. Since the effectiveness of the rolls is solely based on the corsair's judgement (knowing when it's a good or bad idea to double-up), it would probably be trickier to program then a brd trust. Just my theory though ^^;

This is poor logic, actually. The fact that a PC would be programmed to know the probability numbers of rolls using Phantom Roll would mean that a computer COR would realistically be more reliable (yes I said it) than a human Corsair.

They were just completely lazy here.

Or they could have just made the AI roll once, for some effect. This is a silly idea, and now im reconsidering buying this stupid AI...

He looks cool, though.
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2014-04-14 12:13:41
Link | Citer | R

Luzaf also has a Sword WS called Bisection. He used it consistently at 100 TP and it Skillchains to Blade: Shu with Light.
 Asura.Kazmazza
user: Kazmazza
By Asura.Kazmazza 2014-04-14 12:28:11
Link | Citer | R

No phantom roll is kinda disappointing but I'm hoping this means they're saving phantom roll for a Qultada trust. ^^;
 Siren.Kentai
By Siren.Kentai 2014-04-14 12:52:12
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Siren.Kentai said: »
This is poor logic, actually. The fact that a PC would be programmed to know the probability numbers of rolls using Phantom Roll would mean that a computer COR would realistically be more reliable (yes I said it) than a human Corsair. They were just completely lazy here. Or they could have just made the AI roll once, for some effect. This is a silly idea, and now im reconsidering buying this stupid AI... He looks cool, though.

I apologize for my poor logic. You may have noticed that they took the spaces out of the trust's names so that they could make them usable in a party with other PCs eventually. I don't think a PC COR would like the idea of having his party slot taken by a more reliable npc. I realize that's a stretch since they would have to make trusts usable in endgame content. SE could just be thinking about the future of trusts and keeping them inferior to PCs. Just realized that paragraph's all over the place, but I'm at work and my time on the forum is limited.
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2014-04-14 13:11:12
Link | Citer | R

Two things I have noticed about Luzaf.

First, with regard to his Quick Draw, it was mentioned that he seemed to favor Ice Shot. I have noticed that he seems to use the shot that is of the element that the mob you are fighting is weak to. Roaming in Rala Waterways, he would use Thunder Shot on Toads and Fire Shot on Funguars. Out in Ceizak, he was using Ice Shot on Chapulis.

Second, with regard to his WSs, it was mentioned that he tends to sit on TP until 250-300. I have noticed quite the opposite. He seems to unload TP almost as soon as he gets it. Also, I have noticed that he seems to favor Skillchaining his WSs to mine. Like he's trying to unlock a WS point weapon. :p

Just my observations.

Other than the aesthetics of his fighting, I don't particularly care for Luzaf. His WSs look nice, but without rolls, he doesn't bring anything really useful to the table. For me at least. And personally, I'm not a fan of Trusts with AoE WSs. They tend to cause trouble at reives.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-14 13:19:08
Link | Citer | R

If programmed correctly, Phantom Roll from a computer would be better than a human's judgement, is actually what I meant. I kind of said that without specifying, which is my fault for it being taken out of context.

I was not undermining your logic specifically, but moreso saying "if this is how SE is thinking, its a lame excuse". Either way, there is no argument they could provide to explain why adding Phantom Roll is too tricky. I mean, thats pretty much 50% of what COR does in party setting. Why omit that feature when it defines the job itself?

Again, seems lame.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-14 13:30:31
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Jackieolivas said: »
Two things I have noticed about Luzaf.

First, with regard to his Quick Draw, it was mentioned that he seemed to favor Ice Shot. I have noticed that he seems to use the shot that is of the element that the mob you are fighting is weak to. Roaming in Rala Waterways, he would use Thunder Shot on Toads and Fire Shot on Funguars. Out in Ceizak, he was using Ice Shot on Chapulis.

Second, with regard to his WSs, it was mentioned that he tends to sit on TP until 250-300. I have noticed quite the opposite. He seems to unload TP almost as soon as he gets it. Also, I have noticed that he seems to favor Skillchaining his WSs to mine. Like he's trying to unlock a WS point weapon. :p

Just my observations.

Other than the aesthetics of his fighting, I don't particularly care for Luzaf. His WSs look nice, but without rolls, he doesn't bring anything really useful to the table. For me at least. And personally, I'm not a fan of Trusts with AoE WSs. They tend to cause trouble at reives.

I noticed he behavior changed when I stopped holding TP in order to see his WS.

On a side note :

Rudra's Storm > Grisly/Laeden = Darkness.
Imperial Authority > Grisly = Darkness
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 70 71 72