Link | Citer | R

Player survey about the future of FFXV

or at least that's what they said!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [161 days between previous and next post]
By Ackeron 2017-07-26 10:59:03
Link | Citer | R

For those of us dumb enough to buy the season pass, myself included,
Co-op Beta test details.

TL;DR = Co-op Beta Aug 3-8th for those with Season Pass.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2017-07-26 11:31:00
Link | Citer | R

lol

that is pretty dumb.
Serveur: Asura
user: Kenseto
By Asura.Kensetobyakara 2017-07-26 12:00:53
Link | Citer | R

My favorite comment from that linked page was: "FFXV.... Make up your damned mind. Are you a deep story based RPG? Open world driving simulator? MMO? Cooking show? Billboard for ramen and camping gear?"

It isn't false, lol.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [174 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-01-16 03:49:01
Link | Citer | R

Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition + Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Coming 6 March 2018
PC Benchmark Available 1 February 2018

YouTube Video Placeholder

Quote:
Both Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition and Final Fantasy XV Widows Edition will feature:

-Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins: All-new sidequests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.

-A fully controllable Royal Vessel Boat: Players will be free to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia, as well as fish aboard the vessel and discover new recipes and fish.

-A new accessory that can activate the new action Armiger Unleashed: Players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, granting them access to the Armiger Unleashed.

-First Person Camera Mode: Players will be able to experience FFXV through Noctis’ perspective.

-More than a dozen pieces of DLC: This includes weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets.
-
All season pass content: Including, Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Episode Ignis and the Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades.

-Archive: Players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the world of Final Fantasy XV. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.

-Quest to obtain and strengthen the Regalia Type-D

-New Trophies

-The Final Fantasy XV base game.

Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition will be available for the Playstation 4 and Xbox One for $49.99 on March 6th 2018, and will feature new packaging art designed by legendary artist Yoshitaka Amano.
Quote:
Square Enix has also announced that the Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition of the game will release at the same time as the Royal Edition on March 6th and that, in order to help players optimize their PCs for the game’s launch, a benchmark tool and instructions will be available beginning February 1st, and that more information is available on the official website, including a list of specifications for minimum, recommended and 4K HDR.

And now for the bad news:

Quote:
The “Final Fantasy XV Royal Pack”, including new downloadable content in FFXV Royal Edition, will be available separately for $19.99 on the Playstation and Xbox stores. This purchasable pack allows existing players of FFXV the chance to enjoy all the new features by applying this pack to the base game.

Basically "*** You" to all of the people who bought and supported the game as it was still being developed ($60 + $25 + $20) while people who haven't bought it yet get the full game, all the DLC, and all the additional content for only $50 total.
By geigei 2018-01-16 03:50:37
Link | Citer | R

Worst purchase in a long time, sadly.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-01-16 08:03:32
Link | Citer | R

what a load of ***
 Ragnarok.Bepe
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2018-01-16 08:05:03
Link | Citer | R

Even though its shitty for people who stuck with the game... I'll probably still end up buying it because I love FFXV, sighhhhhh
By zaxtiss 2018-01-16 08:34:42
Link | Citer | R

so don't hate me lol i havent bought it yet since i don't have a xbox 1 or PS4. but i was wondering if its worth getting i've heard some people say it sucks and some say it rocks.
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-16 08:41:54
Link | Citer | R

zaxtiss said: »
so don't hate me lol i havent bought it yet since i don't have a xbox 1 or PS4. but i was wondering if its worth getting i've heard some people say it sucks and some say it rocks.
If you expect the old FF don’t play it. If you are planning to go in with an open mind and no insane expectations check it out. But I’m in the middle after playing it I love and hate it at the same time. It struck a cord with me for personal reasons though.
By zaxtiss 2018-01-16 08:58:56
Link | Citer | R

hmmm alright so long as the play style isn't like FFXIII then i think ill be happy ;/ i didnt like that one much.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By zaxtiss 2018-01-16 09:56:42
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Basically "*** You" to all of the people who bought and supported the game as it was still being developed ($60 + $25 + $20) while people who haven't bought it yet get the full game, all the DLC, and all the additional content for only $50 total.

It happens to most games with DLC, they get the "Ultimate edition" 2-3 years later with all the DLC included.

hmmm alright so long as the play style isn't like FFXIII then i think ill be happy ;/ i didnt like that one much.

It's closer to Kingdom Hearts.
:/ kingdom hearts!? yuck
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2018-01-16 09:57:37
Link | Citer | R

Worst FF in series easily. Burn or throw away the disc immediately.
Horrible combat,horrible armor system if you want to Evan call it that, mid way through it just becomes a CS that's extremely rushed.
If you want a good RPG to buy persona 5.
By Viciouss 2018-01-16 10:27:32
Link | Citer | R

It starts off ok but it completely falls apart as the game goes on, its not worth buying right now. I would wait for the Royal Edition price drop. It really is the worst game of the series.
By Viciouss 2018-01-16 10:35:07
Link | Citer | R

You have played enough games to know this always happens. If you bought the SP for this terrible game thats on you, we all know how season passes play out, and most of us are smart enough to hold off on it until completing the main game then making a decision. In this case, it was an easy decision to NOT buy it.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-16 10:52:23
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Worst FF in series easily. Burn or throw away the disc immediately.
Horrible combat,horrible armor system if you want to Evan call it that, mid way through it just becomes a CS that's extremely rushed.
If you want a good RPG to buy persona 5.
After through the misspells and obvious saltiness just rent it. Saw it at Redbox today. Instead of cry babies about dlc or such a horrible game to the hard ons that consider ff15 to be the best yet. It’s kind of silly to ask on forums though you’re always find someone salty and on their period. Rent it play it see what you think because at the end of the day it only matters if you enjoy it. But to one pro here persona 5 is a fun game.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2018-01-16 11:57:39
Link | Citer | R

i don't think one can rent it if its for PC but i could be wrong.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-16 12:14:18
Link | Citer | R

i don't think one can rent it if its for PC but i could be wrong.
Ugh I was thinking Xbox or ps4 lol
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-01-16 12:15:10
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »

You have played enough games to know this always happens. If you bought the SP for this terrible game thats on you, we all know how season passes play out, and most of us are smart enough to hold off on it until completing the main game then making a decision. In this case, it was an easy decision to NOT buy it.

Not about the season pass/base game. Any novice knows that goty editions happen. But charging $20 for a boat and some cutscenes that the new versions of the game also get as part of the $50 package? I take grievance with that.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-16 12:40:17
Link | Citer | R

It's worse then FFXIII, take everything you didn't like about FFXIII and dial it up a notch, that's FFXV.

FFXV isn't a JRPG which most of us associate with the Final Fantasy series, it's an Action RPG more like Devil May Cry and such. Basically an action game with "RPG like" elements tacked on in order to appeal to more potential buyers at the expense of quality.

Some games can do the "Action RPG" well, others suck at it. I'm really looking forward to the Secret of Mana release, hopefully if it goes well then Seiken Densetsu III will follow (Japanese only version of Secret of Mana II). SDIII is absolutely amazing but it never made it to the USA.
By zaxtiss 2018-01-16 12:42:35
Link | Citer | R

hmmm interesting i liked the devil my cry games atleast the ones i played.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-16 14:31:09
Link | Citer | R

Then you should have a decent chance at enjoying FFXV's gameplay.

I'm very picky about action RPG's, more Zelda / Alundra less Mortal Combat.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2018-01-16 15:55:52
Link | Citer | R

Uh, comparing it to DMC is bad. Really.

You see, I had no problem with it being an action-RPG (Final Fantasy stopped being a traditional JRPG since FFX, and have been trying to be ambitious with every installment, at least I'll give them that). The problem is, it's a bad ARPJG. Both parts of the term actually, which means the action is pretty meh. The DLCs improved on the game play and made it more interesting, but still leaving much to be desired.

My best advice would be to look up game play videos. Just some random walkthrough video that is fighting a "Hunt" monster or something. If you find what you see interesting, look up the controls (especially how attacking & dodging in this game work). If you find them ok, then give the game a try.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2018-01-17 20:10:27
Link | Citer | R

Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition DLC Update’s $19.99 Price Was a Mistake; Square Enix Clarifies
Quote:
Yesterday, Square Enix announced the Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition for PS4 and Xbox One. The official press release also included info on a DLC package named “Final Fantasy XV Royal Pack” for those who already own the original game, that will update it to the Royal Edition adding the new features.

The original press release listed the price for the Royal Pack as $19.99, but Square Enix reached out to DualShockers with a clarification, mentioning that the price point for was listed erroneously, and the actual final price remains undetermined.

At the moment, we don’t know what the actual price will be, but we’re likely to hear about it sometime soon.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-01-17 20:13:26
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, they meant $49.99
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-01-18 03:15:31
Link | Citer | R

You kids still arguing about playing Grand Theft Auto without hookers and baseball bats? lol

I watched a stream of XV when it launched for about thirty minutes and knew it was ***. I got banned from a couple Twitch streams for trying to evoke a legitimate discussion on game design and how it lacked an overall story or purpose back then. Like they spent ten years trying to develop a story that ended up being replaced with environmental artists.

Friendly reminder: This is actually what you bought.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-01-19 20:02:21
Link | Citer | R

Chriscoffey said: »
I wonder if any of their team is still around on the projects or just what in the hell happened after they merged for this idiocy now?
Yasumi Matsuno's been trying to start up his own development team so he can keep producing 'Tactics-like' games. Unfortunately, his development team was plagued with deadlines and funding issues that were never able to be met. It's hard to say if we'll ever see him produce more works of art the way he did when he worked with Squaresoft.

Mergers usually tend to ruin the original developer's work ethic in favor for selling out to as many idiots as they can push their ***on.
It wasn't just Square that suffered from the merger syndrome on a massive scale; the other notable example of this is Blizzard Entertainment merging into
Activision-Blizzard. After that happened, Blizzard tried to stress the idea that despite the merger, absolutely nothing would change on their side of the development.

This was an outright lie, because the quality of Blizzard's releases after this occurred was instantly noticeable. Everyone that knew the market from the inside out knew that Activision's corporate end would start pushing them to make more sales in the same way that Electronic Arts doesn't give a *** about how many Madden/FIFA/etc. games they can release in a year. We're talking about a company that made amazing, challenging games that were infinitely replayable suddenly pushing trash out on a semi-annual basis that you would buy, play for a month, and then wonder why you even installed or bought them to begin with.

The merger companies place a strong emphasis on sales at any price; where the price paid is a lack of originality, quality, and story development in favor of a stronger marketing push. That's why the second Squaresoft transitioned into Square-Enix we started seeing less originality and quality in their game design and more recycled garbage. As evidence of this, I would like to reference the following:

(While attempting to do the "101%" clear on my first playthrough, I made it to the scholar where you have to listen to his story, fell asleep for a half hour while watching, woke up and saw that he was still talking; at which point I ejected the disc and frisbee'd it into a brick wall. Never once in my life have I ever broken a controller or a game disc out of rage or for any other reason, but in this particular instance, X-2 was the greatest disappointment I'd ever seen released from Square.)

I knew Squaresoft and their legacy was dead the second this happened and haven't bought a single Final Fantasy release since this happened;
with the exception being XIV, and even that decision was ultimately regrettable. The only reason XI turned out to be the "last true Final Fantasy experience" in the series was because it was in development and nearly completed prior to the merger with Enix. After that, everything they released started hoping on board the 'aw muh gawd graphix' hype train that saw character and story development being replaced with 'speishul efeccts' and DLC content.

For their religious fan following, it was always about the story and the various character development systems fused with the tried and true turn based menu. I mean, that was essentially the definition of Final Fantasy. Did they have reoccurring elements from prior games? Of course they did, but it wasn't like they were just recycling the same things over and over. There was always some sort of improvement that made the same old things completely new again. Every game's main characters represented the original Final Fantasy class/jobs in some way, shape, or form.

Then the very second they transitioned into Enix, suddenly you can't even tell what these homo-erotic metrosexual character designs are even supposed to represent.
"Is this dude supposed to be a warrior or is he going to try to sell me hair product and suck my ***?"

After firing most of their original development team and replacing them with interns, the same way Blizzard did in their later years, that's when you started to see everything going downhill almost overnight. They started experimenting with different ideas and most of them turned out to be atrocious. Yet, for whatever reason, they still decided to use them. Now that we get to XV, the combat system is essentially little more than button mashing and potion chugging with reckless abandon.

Their developers have run out of good ideas at this point, that's why we're not going to see another original Final Fantasy for a long time - if ever. What you are going to get is a series of remasters based on their most successful games to date. What's likely to happen is they're going to kill everyone's passion for FFVII by running it into the ground the same way Disney's going to kill Star Wars. That's also why they brought Yasumi Matsuno back as a guest developer in order to try and keep Stormblood from being a heaping pile of trash the second it launched. And it worked on me, because I still say Tactics was the best and most underrated game in the series. At least for about a week, because as usual I beat the entire expansion in like four days and unsubbed only to never look back.

It's a shame really, because Square-Enix would be a thousand times better off hiring Matsuno to a permanent position as their creative director and story developer. Even if he's a pain in the *** to work with because he's so dedicated to making everything perfect.

I can promise you if they gave him ten years to develop XV it would have been praised as the greatest game they ever made.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56