Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97 98 ... 130 131 132
By Verda 2017-01-05 17:39:10
Link | Citer | R

Heya Capuchin thanks I try D: !

I fixed the magical ws glitch in set 1 and it should be working in the latest upload I made the other day but maybe it didn't make it through, it was caused by row copying and the $ wasn't used to hold the columns that don't change by row in place. Rogue's Roll was a good catch too, I just updated that and it is working as intended. It will say version 6.6 in the title now :) enjoy!

Edit: In case you guys don't know what we mean, if you selected TF or wildfire in set 1 it'd say #N/A for all the damage, set 2 always worked however.
By Pistallion 2017-01-08 17:37:35
Link | Citer | R

Hey, new player here, just returned from 2 year break and just hit 99. I'm going to have a ton of questions, but right now I'll start small: what's best sub for ranger right now ?Especially just for meriting maxing and other basic stuff. I got high level war thf and nin. I mainly use nin since I have 2 daggers that increase ranged attack but I never utilize anything else lol
 Asura.Raitoken
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2017-01-08 20:17:27
Link | Citer | R

Pistallion said: »
Hey, new player here, just returned from 2 year break and just hit 99. I'm going to have a ton of questions, but right now I'll start small: what's best sub for ranger right now ?Especially just for meriting maxing and other basic stuff. I got high level war thf and nin. I mainly use nin since I have 2 daggers that increase ranged attack but I never utilize anything else lol

WAR/SAM/NIN/DNC are the only subs you will use for the most part.
[+]
 Asura.Eanae
By Asura.Eanae 2017-01-08 20:19:44
Link | Citer | R

Also,.... This happened :D

This is my new character but I keep posting as Raitoken XD.

Time to start the trials and farm a lotta plutons....
[+]
By Verda 2017-01-08 21:21:37
Link | Citer | R

cg :)
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2017-01-12 05:47:49
Link | Citer | R

Verda said: »
Big Post Incoming. I figured it's time to share some of the work I've been doing on the spreadsheet. It's not finished, and it could contain mistakes (lord knows I've fixed more than a couple). If anyone has any errors they find I'd appreciate help in improving the spreadsheet for the community. As has been said before, use it as a guide rather than a bible, and you should be fine.

Great post! I was just wondering how Gastra does spamming last stand for magic/light resistant foes?
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-01-14 21:10:05
Link | Citer | R

How much MAB is equivalent to WSD? Is Orion Beret +3 going to beat out a maxed Herculean Helm for Physical or Magical RA WS?
By Verda 2017-01-14 22:43:35
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Hiep said: »
How much MAB is equivalent to WSD? Is Orion Beret +3 going to beat out a maxed Herculean Helm for Physical or Magical RA WS?
That will depend on how much of each you have, since there's more MAB than WSD on an endgame magical ws set, wsd does count for more but not enough to make up for a herc helm with good augments. If you have 35 mab tho and no wsd, orion +3 does win. You'd miss out on magic acc too tho. One reason for this is the really high AGI value.

For physical, even tho the wsd only applies to the first hit it's great for last stand, and amazing for any single hit ws like coronach or sidewinder/slug shot. For Jishnu's it being 3 hit and liking crit damage so much you're better off with a HQ adhemar but orion still fairs really close and is a good high acc option in thanks part to the high dex value it has. 10% wsd is a ton so it's pretty much usable on any ws even if for jishnu's it's better as a high acc option and for trueflight it's a low magic acc option if you don't have 35mab + some wsd helm which very few do (i don't).
[+]
 Asura.Baddog
user: Maddog
By Asura.Baddog 2017-01-15 05:45:19
Link | Citer | R

So I'm amassing Gil for my anni ag but now I'm concidering doing Armageddon. I doubt I'll ever get a aeonic so I'm not sure what to do now. Anni seems more safe with Coronach option and cor can sort of get by with non rema guns but curious to what you guys think.

Also looking for encouragement before I invest in rng for my first ag and not bandwagon on blu or something
By Verda 2017-01-15 10:29:48
Link | Citer | R

Arma is more expensive by quite a bit, Anni has enmity control, accuracy, and gains some ground in low buff situations due to attack boosts. Arma has a lot more damage potential, as does Gandiva and Gastra as well as aeonics. It's up to you really. And ya a good rng is worth a lot imo but you need to have a group that will recognize that or be willing to make one.
 Asura.Raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2017-01-15 14:32:57
Link | Citer | R

Verda is it possible to establish an AEP(Agility Equivalency Points) system for RNG at this stage in the game?

WoW did it with Rogue with great success and I think with all of our spreadsheets and gear it should be possible to figure out that 2agi = 5r.atk = 1%wsd = 1dex and use that formula to find out which pieces are indeed best in slot. I pulled those numbers out of the air but you get the point.
By Verda 2017-01-15 15:56:16
Link | Citer | R

The short answer is I could, but it'd be inaccurate the second you changed anything in the set or your buffs vs the original setup. While the shifting is gradual sometimes this could actually lead to making the wrong equipment choices so I think it's best not to. The spreadsheets are the most accurate tool we have for making gear choices outside testing each piece in the situation we want to use it in, in the game which if you're asking what gear to get isn't even possible. To know what will give the biggest boost you have to know how much of everything you have. Adding 5 AGI to 100 AGI is a 5% increase, but adding 5 AGI to 500 AGI is a 1% increase. Then you have the fact for Jishnu's AGI only matters for crit chance and racc, and for Trueflight it's a 100% wsmod and also counted again as 2 * (AGI - Monster INT). So even if things didn't shift based off how much you have I don't see any way to make some universal value for a stat.
[+]
 Asura.Raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2017-01-15 19:19:16
Link | Citer | R

The short answer is I could, but it'd be inaccurate the second you changed anything in the set or your buffs vs the original setup. While the shifting is gradual sometimes this could actually lead to making the wrong equipment choices so I think it's best not to. The spreadsheets are the most accurate tool we have for making gear choices outside testing each piece in the situation we want to use it in, in the game which if you're asking what gear to get isn't even possible. To know what will give the biggest boost you have to know how much of everything you have. Adding 5 AGI to 100 AGI is a 5% increase, but adding 5 AGI to 500 AGI is a 1% increase. Then you have the fact for Jishnu's AGI only matters for crit chance and racc, and for Trueflight it's a 100% wsmod and also counted again as 2 * (AGI - Monster INT). So even if things didn't shift based off how much you have I don't see any way to make some universal value for a stat.

That makes sense but I have to ask what stats change in potency based on buffs? I know accuracy is the defacto go to based on ilvl of content but that aside what else would change? If say, AGI is the BEST stat in a 1:1 ratio vs anything else when would say, r.atk beat it? With specific buffs from a GEO? When the mob has 5/5 Dia III? When the mob has X defensive buff on?

Maybe you're right that the stats are too dynamic to accurately give out a set list for each setup/ws/weapontype. However I would like to ask you if you could show a situation where the values can lead to the wrong equipment choices as you have stated above. Now understanding the difference in needs for a xbow vs gun vs bow and Last Stand vs Coronach vs Wildfire vs Trueflight vs Jishnus vs Namas vs Apex ect I think we could make a chart that would be accurate for each.

It may be something like this;
Gun Users
TP Gear

95%+ acc cap > Agi > Crit chance% > R.atk > Str/Dex
AEP: 1Agi = .5% crit chance = .35 r.atk = .3 str/dex
Coronach
AEP: 1Agi = .6% crit chance = .55 r.atk = .2 str/dex
Last Stand
AEP: 1Agi = .3% crit chance = 1.2 r.atk = .9 str/dex
Note: all values made up for sake of example

With the same presented for bow/xbow users and their respective weaponskills. I think at this point in the game with our knowledge of formulas and access to spreadsheets we should have some definitive way to say X is better than Y by Z amount. Also with your AGI example in your response that is the exact reason why I think we need to make this. If +5 agi when you're at 100agi is a 5% increase in damage(I understand you were referencing the relation that 5 is 5% of 100 but hear me out) but also a 5% damage increase and that changes to 1% when you add 5 to 500 then its relation is parabolic and there becomes a point when agi will stop being the best stat and making these formulas will only help.

That or maybe we are at a point in the game if you have an Afterglow weapon with the right accessories/gearswap as no one gives a ***. I like to think I'm not the only one who wants to know this information.

Also sorry if this comes off as /rant I just wanna be the very best! Also if you would want some help with establishing these values I will help anyway I can.
By Verda 2017-01-15 20:14:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Raitoken said: »
If say, AGI is the BEST stat in a 1:1 ratio vs anything else when would say, r.atk beat it

Well ranged attack is a great example as if your pdif is capped in a full party setup then ranged attack as a stat becomes useless on a lot of gear where as if you're not in that situation it's one of the strongest stats there is for physical damage.

However I would like to ask you if you could show a situation where the values can lead to the wrong equipment choices as you have stated above.
In a 3k TP set how I set it up with Gastra Trueflight, I do 58,565 damage with Novio Earring. Ishvara does 58,375 damage.

If however I change my Carmine Finger Gauntlets +1 to Herculean Gloves with 35 MAB and 4% WSD, Novio does 58,418 and Ishvara does 58,537.

So simply changing which pair of gloves I use, will also dictate which earring I use for TF at 3k tp. This is because Carmine has a lot of MAB but no WSD and Herc has less MAB but more WSD, which changes the weights on Novio and Ishvara respectively. With no earring at all Herc Gloves set ends up having these weights:
Approximately 1 wsd = 4.05 mab

And with no earring and Carmine +1 gloves it ends up being:
Approximately 1 wsd = 4.3 mab

As shown it changes the gear choices, and the best ends up being carmine + novio of these choices, if the buffs are exactly the same as my setup. You start piling on MAB buffs, and it will make WSD mean more, which would tend to devalue novio and carmine +1 which would at some point make Ishvara and the impossible to get herc gloves the better choice.

What you can do is rules of thumb for your gear level after having figured it ou on the spreadsheet I suppose. Like, ok 1 WSD is worth about 4mab, but as you can see even .25 mab per wsd will change gear choices so it's not so easy to do that I think :< Questions are welcome :D I think it's a good idea but at this time I don't see a way to put it into practice.
[+]
 Asura.Raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2017-01-16 12:00:15
Link | Citer | R

If say, AGI is the BEST stat in a 1:1 ratio vs anything else when would say, r.atk beat it

Well ranged attack is a great example as if your pdif is capped in a full party setup then ranged attack as a stat becomes useless on a lot of gear where as if you're not in that situation it's one of the strongest stats there is for physical damage.

However I would like to ask you if you could show a situation where the values can lead to the wrong equipment choices as you have stated above.
In a 3k TP set how I set it up with Gastra Trueflight, I do 58,565 damage with Novio Earring. Ishvara does 58,375 damage.

If however I change my Carmine Finger Gauntlets +1 to Herculean Gloves with 35 MAB and 4% WSD, Novio does 58,418 and Ishvara does 58,537.

So simply changing which pair of gloves I use, will also dictate which earring I use for TF at 3k tp. This is because Carmine has a lot of MAB but no WSD and Herc has less MAB but more WSD, which changes the weights on Novio and Ishvara respectively. With no earring at all Herc Gloves set ends up having these weights:
Approximately 1 wsd = 4.05 mab

And with no earring and Carmine +1 gloves it ends up being:
Approximately 1 wsd = 4.3 mab

As shown it changes the gear choices, and the best ends up being carmine + novio of these choices, if the buffs are exactly the same as my setup. You start piling on MAB buffs, and it will make WSD mean more, which would tend to devalue novio and carmine +1 which would at some point make Ishvara and the impossible to get herc gloves the better choice.

What you can do is rules of thumb for your gear level after having figured it ou on the spreadsheet I suppose. Like, ok 1 WSD is worth about 4mab, but as you can see even .25 mab per wsd will change gear choices so it's not so easy to do that I think :< Questions are welcome :D I think it's a good idea but at this time I don't see a way to put it into practice.

That's quite interesting. However is it only related wo MAB and WSD? I wonder if Last Stand has a similar issue.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2017-01-16 12:45:00
Link | Citer | R

For Wildfire is it DarkMAB>AGI>MAB?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-01-16 14:42:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Topace said: »

I use my Trueflight set for Wildfire, except for my rings on TF are Weatherspoon/Acumen and for Wildfire I use Garuda/Acumen. Set is heavy on augmented herculean (MAB,WSD,hope for AGI),Carmine hands+1,Sanctity Necklace, Friomosi/Novio earrings. However, I would love to boost my Wildfire damage, it certainly lags behind TF.

Sadly, it's not Dark based, it's Fire based. That means Dark affinity gear like Pixie Hairpin+1,which is so great for Leaden Salute, is worthless for Wildfire.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-01-16 14:46:03
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Sadly, it's not Dark based, it's Fire based. That means Dark affinity gear like Pixie Hairpin+1,which is so great for Leaden Salute, are worthless for Wildfire.

Too bad this one doesn't have more applicable stats:

Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-01-16 14:53:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Baddog said: »
So I'm amassing Gil for my anni ag but now I'm concidering doing Armageddon. I doubt I'll ever get a aeonic so I'm not sure what to do now. Anni seems more safe with Coronach option and cor can sort of get by with non rema guns but curious to what you guys think.

Also looking for encouragement before I invest in rng for my first ag and not bandwagon on blu or something

If there's anything I've discovered over the past 8 months of playing Ranger seriously (had it for years, but I'm talking post Adoulin style here), a good Ranger is versatile. And due to our ability to morph into different roles based on weaponry, the legendary weapons for this job are so damn addicting because each can be argued for! Do a quick search of AG Anni owners on your server-most are going to have another RNG weapon. I've got both aeonics, working on mythic, and just last night decided I'll probably do one of the relics for emnity control and easier Darkness/Distortion.

My reason to say that? Pick the one you want most,first. You'll probably be doing another one because the job has so much to offer that really only opens up with some of these special weapons.
[+]
By Verda 2017-01-16 23:22:42
Link | Citer | R

That's quite interesting. However is it only related wo MAB and WSD? I wonder if Last Stand has a similar issue.

Since most things in the game end up multiplying together after all their sums are added up, it holds true for every stat I know of that contributes to a damage equation.

If you're interested in more detail you can click the spoiler:
 Asura.Baddog
user: Maddog
By Asura.Baddog 2017-01-17 00:58:07
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Baddog said: »

If there's anything I've discovered over the past 8 months of playing Ranger seriously (had it for years, but I'm talking post Adoulin style here), a good Ranger is versatile. And due to our ability to morph into different roles based on weaponry, the legendary weapons for this job are so damn addicting because each can be argued for! Do a quick search of AG Anni owners on your server-most are going to have another RNG weapon. I've got both aeonics, working on mythic, and just last night decided I'll probably do one of the relics for emnity control and easier Darkness/Distortion.

My reason to say that? Pick the one you want most,first. You'll probably be doing another one because the job has so much to offer that really only opens up with some of these special weapons.
I've played rng since Odin II days and had 99 anni for that. Always loved the job and when rng came back for delve incursion and vagary it was a blast. I just wanted to know if it was competitive in today's content or does cor fill a better niche. I also about **** myself when I saw Orion +3 gear so that's a big motivator XD
By Pantafernando 2017-01-17 01:04:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Topace said: »

No, mab normally beats agi (unfortunelly wf is just .6 AGI). Last i checked with my set near complete was that 1 mab was around 1.4 or 1.6 agi.

You could say that "fireMAB" from kairin obi is the best stat, and def the best waist if you can have a sch casting storm on you.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-01-17 01:07:32
Link | Citer | R

Day/Weather ≠ MAB or elemental MAB/affinity.
 Asura.Patb
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2017-01-18 08:52:36
Link | Citer | R

In what order should I be making ambuscade capes?

I currently have stp/agi/racc/ratt made for TPing. I haven't made one for this month yet and wasn't sure where to start. I primarily use bow (5k plutons away from AG Yoichi) but am open to discussion on what this month's should be. I was thinking either agi/wsd/racc/ratt or dex/crit/racc/ratt for jishnu's.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2017-01-18 16:28:50
Link | Citer | R

What Augments should I be aiming for exactly on my Trueflight/Wildfire set? I got MAB/M.ACC +27 from Dark Matter Augment on my helm.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-01-18 16:33:49
Link | Citer | R

mab wsd
By Verda 2017-01-18 17:14:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Patb said: »
In what order should I be making ambuscade capes?
It's totally your choice. My own knowing what we do now would probably be something like:
STP racc/ratt AGI
Snapshot 10
General AGI WS (AGI WSD racc/ratt like last stand, or even coronach if pdif capped, covers most ws rng can do)

Then pick TF or Jishnus in either order:
AGI WSD Macc/mdmg for TF
DEX Crit racc/ratt for Jishnus

Then you can do utility capes like fast cast, magic evasion, waltz, and whatever else you want.

Asura.Azagarth said: »
mab wsd
this but magic acc is important too, and AGI if it pops up, but it pops up very rarely because it's off path. Also MAB caps at 35 (possibly only over 30 with pellucid) and wsd caps at 4% with non fern and 5% with fern. Dark matter supposedly increases all caps 50% so you could theortically end up with 50+ mab and 10 wsd but I've never heard nor seen it, a few people have got wsd 8 or mab 42+ though.
 Odin.Pistallion
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Pistallion 2017-01-20 07:41:37
Link | Citer | R

After completing the Intermediate Records of Eminence quests, should my goal to be getting the 119 ranger specifit armor like AF and relic reforge armor?
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2017-01-21 03:46:11
Link | Citer | R

So I have a question, being mostly done with my pld I have extra plates and stuff to make an empy if I choose to, I wonder how does gandiva stack up. Is it worth it. And then fianally if not gandiva then what. Also why is the guide so completely out of date.
By BlaTheTaru 2017-01-21 04:41:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Verbannt said: »
So I have a question, being mostly done with my pld I have extra plates and stuff to make an empy if I choose to, I wonder how does gandiva stack up. Is it worth it. And then fianally if not gandiva then what. Also why is the guide so completely out of date.

The last 2-3 pages are jam packed with updated gear sets. As far as the guide goes I'm guessing no one here has access or the time to keep the page up.

I've always been a gun ranger so I'm limited on bows, but as far as guns go Anni, Foma, and Arma are all great options.
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97 98 ... 130 131 132