Lakshmi.Elidyr
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-02 16:48:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sagaxi said: »
Quick look (trueflight set) rng can't equip Regal Earring. *wink*

Good call, was spamming that through a bunch of different sets before I worked on RNG haha. Thanks
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2017-10-12 08:05:20
Link | Citer | R

Mummu +2 has got me thinking about Jishnu's.. High crit hit, high dex, high Racc, high agl (for more crit/racc), decent str.

I'm pretty sure JR geared properly should out damage last stand at 1k tp spam (unless using fomal)?

With that in mind, how will yoichi compete with anni? I want a reason to upgrade yoichi as I find it difficult to 5/5 last stand (reso upheaval stardiver take priority)and I have traded gun KI for aeonic.

I have heard yoichi is really behind but eyeballing it seems namas is near enough equal to coronach (owing to STR mod) and JR with todays gear could even beat last stand when ws at 1k tp?

Discussion/opinions/calculations appreciated!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-10-12 18:22:11
Link | Citer | R

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Alluvion_Skirmish_Weapons

Though if you're trying to get a physical damage oriented weapon, you're probably better off with Holliday.
 Asura.Azagarth
Serveur: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-10-12 23:31:57
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flowen said: »
Mummu +2 has got me thinking about Jishnu's.. High crit hit, high dex, high Racc, high agl (for more crit/racc), decent str.

I'm pretty sure JR geared properly should out damage last stand at 1k tp spam (unless using fomal)?

With that in mind, how will yoichi compete with anni? I want a reason to upgrade yoichi as I find it difficult to 5/5 last stand (reso upheaval stardiver take priority)and I have traded gun KI for aeonic.

I have heard yoichi is really behind but eyeballing it seems namas is near enough equal to coronach (owing to STR mod) and JR with todays gear could even beat last stand when ws at 1k tp?

honestly my Yoichi has been a let down, but thats not to say its bad, its actually decent overall just because of the dmg procs.

I do like the bow alot though for the racc, one issue with JR is the best dmg gear has next to NO racc on it, yoichi helps fill this void.

If you are fortunate enough to have Gandiva then most say it will do as well as any gun, and possibly best 'pure dmg' weapon we have on mobs we cannot TF.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-10-13 01:34:39
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »

Though if you're trying to get a physical damage oriented weapon, you're probably better off with Holliday.
According to this the stones I used should give D+. It implies all stones can give it? 5 stones and no D+ for me.
No access to Holliday atm.

You said you used snow's, only duskslit/tip's give weapon damage from that link.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-10-13 02:30:50
Link | Citer | R

According to this the stones I used should give D+. It implies all stones can give it? 5 stones and no D+ for me.

Read the link more carefully...
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-10-13 02:42:57
Link | Citer | R

If you're debating between making an Annihilator and making a Yoichi (read: you have the time/resources for only ONE RMEA, and its going to be a relic no doubt about it), then its really no debate- you should make an Annihilator.

1. Access to our easiest physical weaponskill to gear for high damage numbers. (Last Stand)

2. Access to a strong option for both a physical AND a magical weaponskill. Marksmanship gives you the ability to use Trueflight, something that Archery just can't compete with when you need a magical weaponskill.

3. More natural preshot sets- an afterglowed Yoichi also has Snapshot+5 on it, which is very nice, but not enough in a single slot to really change much in your sets, unlike the Gastraphetes (the other ranged RMEA with +Snapshot on it, which has +10 and can seriously alter sets).

A Yoichi is a great tool, and once afterglowed you can't get more ranged accuracy anywhere in the game between the bow and unique arrows, but honestly you just don't need that racc these days. Jishnu's Radiance is a really fun toy to have in your toolbox, and can pump out respectable numbers. But Last Stand will almost always out-perform it in any situation requiring physical weaponskills. Even as a Gandiva user, my damage with that weapon comes from the Aftermath, not the Weaponskill. And a bow is a one-trick pony. Get a good bow after you're set in the Marksmanship category with a solid gun, either an Annihilator, Fomalhaut, or Armageddon. Then branch off with the specialty weapons.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2017-10-13 03:11:16
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the feedback Celebrindal and Azagarth. It aligns with what a few rangers on my server have said. I also did some testing last night and found namas arrow to almost always perform under coronach; the favourable str mod just isn't enough to make up the fTp difference when compared to coronach as most of a coronach set has str on too to up dmg. Also found JR disappointing even with all the crit gear flying around these days.

I will go with Anni for now and I guess when I get fomal ill still have a strong choice when enmity or racc is important.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-10-13 08:50:16
Link | Citer | R

Read the link more carefully...
I really don't understand. I cannot see where it does not state that any stone can give D+. It just has a list of weapons with D value range.
Please tell me which kind of stone I need to use because I do not get this at all.

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »

You said you used snow's, only duskslit/tip's give weapon damage from that link.

If you search for the words Weapon Damage, you'll notice it's only under the dusk section for the first two columns.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-10-13 10:28:29
Link | Citer | R

It would be close (Max augmented Doomsday vs. a quality augment Holliday). For a "perfect" Doomsday for Trueflight, I would aim for snowdim (Magic Attack Bonus/Magic Accuracy+), leaftip (Weapon Skill Damage+), and dusktip (base damage+), and for Holliday I'd go for Fern Stones, focusing on Weapon Skill Damage+ and aiming to get as much magic attack bonus/magic accuracy and AGI.

What you will likely end up with is a Holliday with much better AGI and a little extra Racc/Ratk versus a Doomsday with better Weapon Skill Damage. Add to that the Holliday comes already with 5 Store TP. And at the end of the day, the Holliday will out-perform the Doomsday for Last Stand, making it dual usage, and getting Fern/Pellucid/Taupe stones is much easier than getting +2 Alluvion Skirmish Stones these days.

If you end up with a Doomsday with WSD+7, MAB+20/Macc+20, yes its gonna likely be your best Trueflight non-RMEA choice. The real question is are you serving yourself best by how much gil/time you'll need to throw at that Doomsday to make that happen versus other options.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-13 10:37:03
Link | Citer | R

Is a Doomsday with MAB augment the best non RMEA weapon for Trueflight? Or is it Martial gun or the trial TP bonus gun? (Are they equal for Wildfire, Hotshot and Truflight?)
Also why is Holliday that much better than Doomsday? Doomsday can get higher dmg and store TP augment, etc. Longer delay is not good?
Likely. Not sure if full ranges have been found for Holliday but going to be hard to beat full magic ws augs (25 mab, 7 wsd, 23 agi) on Dooms. Though going full magical ws augs isn't necessarily best for dps

Non ilvl weapons are non starters for several reasons. For one you aren't going to be able to shoot for tp because you wont hit jack. For WF/TF Skill likely effects macc to some extent and even if it doesn't in place of weapon dmg magical use a factor based on lvl/ilvl. To put it another way using a non ilvl weapon will have an effect on dmg equivalent to losing 40-80 agi on those ws. For Hotshot the first hit is physical so you just will miss most the time and the lower base dmg will kill the physical hit and the magical part is completely based on the physical.

They are fairly similar but remember Holliday has a lot of pre aug stats to factor in in comparing
 Asura.Azagarth
Serveur: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-10-13 11:08:04
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the feedback Celebrindal and Azagarth. It aligns with what a few rangers on my server have said. I also did some testing last night and found namas arrow to almost always perform under coronach; the favourable str mod just isn't enough to make up the fTp difference when compared to coronach as most of a coronach set has str on too to up dmg. Also found JR disappointing even with all the crit gear flying around these days.

I will go with Anni for now and I guess when I get fomal ill still have a strong choice when enmity or racc is important.

np, I have a higher end, high dmg jinshu sets and it hovers around 1200 racc with yoichi, great enough acc to use attack food usually, so thats a huge benefit of yoichi. However even in that high dmg set, your seeings like 8-15k on something like apex bats..... which is pretty laughable. Now this is with trusts so lacking ratt by a long shot, but its still pretty sad when my melee dd's including mnk with the same trust do about double for wsavgs

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-13 11:32:28
Link | Citer | R

For ilvl average it will use the higher of the 2 between ranged and main. However this isn't about ilvl average and just the weapon being used. It's a stand in for the way magical ws don't use weapon dmg and used to you use your actual level so now it just uses the weapons level. And in terms off acc that's based on skill

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-13 12:28:34
Link | Citer | R

I think you missed the rest of what I said so I'll keep it simple.

You can wear martial weapons but it's completely useless to actually use them for anything. Cors work it because they are meleeing AND weaponskilling with swords. So unless you plan on meleeing and spamming Judgment don't use martial gun

Doomsday really needs MAB and WSD and maybe even agi but yes it can win on pure magical ws dmg but overall dmg probably wont be as high and those stones are pretty expensive and in low supply usually. Also with campaign on can always try your hand at some DM augments for holliday
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-13 12:33:49
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »
You can wear martial weapons but it's completely useless to actually use them for anything. Cors work it because they are meleeing AND weaponskilling with swords. So unless you plan on meleeing and spamming Judgment don't use martial gun
Not entirely correct. Martial weapons don't effect melee weaponskills. Magian weapons do. CORs use magian gun when meleeing and spamming savage blade.

Martial Gun is viable if you are fighting something weak enough to cap acc and m.acc with it or meleeing for TP. It will provide the greatest trueflight damage(even better than gastra) if those conditions are met and you are WSing at low enough TP to not waste the TP bonus. Given how niche that situation is for most people, it's not something you should really consider necessary or prioritize.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-10-13 12:49:40
Link | Citer | R

Wildfire isn't damage varies by TP, so a martial weapon (or TP bonus Magian) would be a very poor choice for it.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-10-13 13:52:45
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
clearlyamule said: »
Not entirely correct. Martial weapons don't effect melee weaponskills. Magian weapons do. CORs use magian gun when meleeing and spamming savage blade.

Martial Gun is viable if you are fighting something weak enough to cap acc and m.acc with it or meleeing for TP. It will provide the greatest trueflight damage(even better than gastra) if those conditions are met and you are WSing at low enough TP to not waste the TP bonus. Given how niche that situation is for most people, it's not something you should really consider necessary or prioritize.
I know I was just conflating them together at that point because getting too specific wasn't working lol.

Yeah I guess maybe if you are fighting pre ilvl content might be fine but probably one shotting most things anyways lol. As far as meleeing for tp on harder stuff pretty sure skill factors into macc so that could still be a problem.

Even disregarding that I think you might be missing some of what you lose. Lose a 49 from level factor, 218 mdmg, and 28 mab from bolt and of course the 30%

Going by the TF set on the ws page (well and using the right Gast and assuming 30 mab/4wsd on the herc and maxed malevolence) I get the player including base stats having a total of 308 agi, 453 mdmg, 309 mab, 10% light mab, 28% wsd, 250 tp bonus, 30% trueflight bonus and 201 for level/ilvl component. All told on a mob with 250 agi and neutral mdb, mdt no day/weather etc dmg calculates out to ~21.5k at 1k tp.

Using the same gear set but swapping gast for tp bonus gun and bolt to Orichalc. Bullet stats would be 308 agi, 236 mdmg, 281 mab, 10% light mab, 28% wsd, 1250 tp bonus, and 152 for level/ilvl component. All told on a mob with 250 agi and neutral mdb, mdt no day/weather etc dmg calculates out to ~19.9k at 1k tp.

I'll concede however it'll beat non gast though I'd imagine Aeonic would be close as well in terms of pure low tp ws dmg if acc/macc isn't an issue... however white dmg how fast you get to that tp are other questions entirely. Been awhile since I compared but thought shooting was faster gain then meleeing. Or the fact you wouldn't melee in the optimal TF weapons etc etc

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-10-13 14:18:07
Link | Citer | R

Wildfire isn't damage varies by TP, so a martial weapon (or TP bonus Magian) would be a very poor choice for it.
Oh yeah, I meant Leaden Salute ><

Then ask in COR forum lol!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-18 14:14:28
Link | Citer | R

I think all of them offer best crit rate outside of body beaten by Nisorch while also being slightly behind Meghanada in racc which make them depending on exact crit rates and racc potentially great for crit tp and jishnu's builds. Also has some pretty ridiculous agi/dex

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 109 110 111 ... 130 131 132