First Page 2 3 ... 132 133 134 ... 363 364 365
 Leviathan.Vedder
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-21 13:41:17
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »

Sorry, i had to.
Omg the memories. We had two monks that did that telling stories of pirates and ***lol
By clearlyamule 2017-07-21 13:49:56
Link | Citer | R

Counterstance now only lowers your def by 75%. Damage penalty removed from formless strikes. Penance now counts as SB II

Mnk now better at niche uses
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-21 13:56:45
Link | Citer | R

So from what I've read h2h formula/rema only affecting one hand/ws being too weak/skillchain options are the major issues and the martial arts traits from gifts screwing tp gain are the biggest issues for y'all? I don't play mnk and I no longer know any dedicated mnks(do you? Mean they've been the loldrg since I returned or longer....) so really have no idea what's killing em
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-21 14:02:01
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Vedder said: »
So from what I've read h2h formula/rema only affecting one hand/ws being too weak/skillchain options are the major issues and the martial arts traits from gifts screwing tp gain are the biggest issues for y'all? I don't play mnk and I no longer know any dedicated mnks(do you? Mean they've been the loldrg since I returned or longer....) so really have no idea what's killing em

MA Trait isn't a big deal, just don't wear anything with MA+ on it. PUP's are the ones that get *** over cause their Mythic sticks them with MA+.

The biggest issue for MNK is H2H WS's are too weak to be competitive in todays DD meta. The other DD's are within a certain bracket of each other so you can use a variety but MNK simply isn't competitive.
 Odin.Geriond
Serveur: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-07-21 14:14:33
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »
Counterstance now only lowers your def by 75%. Damage penalty removed from formless strikes. Penance now counts as SB II

According to BG wiki at least, Counterstance already only lowers defense by 50%.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-21 14:40:22
Link | Citer | R

Wait, I thought counterstance puts DEF on it's own, special formula where certain effects aren't included (like Protect).
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-07-21 14:50:48
Link | Citer | R

It used to, but the March 2013 update buffed it.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-21 14:53:15
Link | Citer | R

I have such high hope for mnkDate ..... dont let me down again SE!
[+]
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2017-07-21 14:57:53
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to see MNKs keeping up with other DDs from their auto attacks wrecking the mob like Jet Li and then unleashing WS at 3000tp. Jet li buff *cough* *cough* I mean Impetus buff please SE.
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-07-21 15:02:07
Link | Citer | R

New Impetus
Damage dealt +500%, cannot use Weaponskills
3 minute duration, 5 minute recast
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-07-21 15:21:08
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Geriond said: »

According to BG wiki at least, Counterstance already only lowers defense by 50%.
Oh ***mnk has been useless for so long I forgot they already sort of fixed counterstance
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-21 15:26:43
Link | Citer | R

New Boost effect:

Fixes Weaponskills so fTP scales like the rest of the weapons do.
Nerfs BLU and Frod's SMN only.
Gives att+10% and WSD+10%.
Doesn't stack with other Boost effects.
Cast: Instant
Recast: 5:00
Duration: 1:00 (but keeps the nerfs permanent, and stacks nerfs)
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-21 15:31:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
New Boost effect:

Monk update: deletes monk from game entirely because no one plays it
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-07-21 15:50:39
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Drakenv said: »
New Boost effect:

That's because pup is the superior mnk
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-21 15:52:24
Link | Citer | R

New Boost effect:

That's because pup is the superior mnk
True :0
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-07-21 16:02:06
Link | Citer | R

The battered spouse syndrome responses here just expecting garbage are probably my favorite part of this. Thanks S-E.

Really can't wait to see what we get though, and I do think a buff to MNK JA instead of H2H WS is the way to go, or else PUP could become too strong - yes, I'm serious. Let's see if they screw it up!
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-21 16:19:32
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
The battered spouse syndrome responses here just expecting garbage are probably my favorite part of this. Thanks S-E.

Really can't wait to see what we get though, and I do think a buff to MNK JA instead of H2H WS is the way to go, or else PUP could become too strong - yes, I'm serious. Let's see if they screw it up!
So the monks are battered spouses? How rude they are suppose to use their fists to attack and defend! I am trying to figure out the non monks being battered though hmm. Trying to think the last time monk was relevant. It's a fun job but to assume it will take over again is a cute dream. Don't worry you can beat your fists with other things battered wifey :( :comfort:
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-21 16:32:54
Link | Citer | R

In all seriousness though hopefully monk gets a nicebuff. Maybe then my alt can use her REMA weapon.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-21 16:43:06
Link | Citer | R

and I do think a buff to MNK JA instead of H2H WS is the way to go

Unless they fix the WS's MNK will never be competitive with other DD's. Melee to WS damage ratios are somewhere north of 20:80 now, MNK would have to be dealing 5000 ~ 10000 damage per hit to even be competitive which SE won't do, ever, not even in your dreams where unicorns prance around.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-21 16:56:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

Unless they fix the WS's MNK will never be competitive with other DD's. Melee to WS damage ratios are somewhere north of 20:80 now, MNK would have to be dealing 5000 ~ 10000 damage per hit to even be competitive which SE won't do, ever, not even in your dreams where unicorns prance around.
Hmm what if they added more HP bonus trait that can enhance your attacks and ws damage based on your Hp+ merits and job points or too much :0?
By Artemicion 2017-07-21 17:01:43
Link | Citer | R

Hmm what if they added more HP bonus trait that can enhance your attacks and ws damage based on your Hp+ merits and job points or too much :0?

Something that increases WS damage based on current/maximum health would be pretty neat and fits the motif of Monk fairly well I think.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-21 17:37:13
Link | Citer | R

That's called souleater
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-21 17:48:51
Link | Citer | R

Also this is the biggest reason jobs became harder to balance since everything is so skewed towards ws output over white damage. It would be interesting to see more fights like Revetaur where he punishes those big big hits or you do a risk-reward thing, brimbroil is another example as is tenzen with bow out. Not sure if there's others where white damage actually is important (outside of some omen strats).
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-21 18:03:20
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Vedder said: »
That's called souleater
Incorrect soul eater drains your HP while attacking and is a job ability. We are speaking of a job trait which wouldn't cut your hp with attacks.
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2017-07-21 18:10:13
Link | Citer | R

They are going to fix the BOOST and make Monk great again. It will be a straight increase to WSD across all hits. It's time for Asuran Fists to make a comeback!!!

Or maybe they are just going to make all MNK JA AOE, 5sec cool down and make Mnk your new support job.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-21 18:11:18
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Andret said: »
They are going to fix the BOOST and make Monk great again. It will be a straight increase to WSD across all hits. It's time for Asuran Fists to make a comeback!!!

Or maybe they are just going to make all MNK JA AOE, 5sec cool down and make Mnk your new support job.
Or a monk ability ..."wall" make monk great again
By Chyula 2017-07-21 19:21:41
Link | Citer | R

You guys know better from that picture, SE going to enhance boost and chi blast. Might be ability or trait that boost chi blast by require mnk to equip a pole.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-21 19:34:44
Link | Citer | R

Chyula said: »
You guys know better from that picture, SE going to enhance boost and chi blast. Might be ability or trait that boost chi blast by require mnk to equip a pole.
Then jerk the pole?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-07-21 20:04:44
Link | Citer | R

Why can't they increase MNK WA damage through job specific JA changes? I agree with you that WS damage is too low, but just changing the WS itself would let PUP get almost the same benefit, in addition to a puppet that is pretty strong in its own right. Make boost be the way than MNK WS numbers become competitive - add WSD, additional stat mods like Utu grip, etc. Seems reasonable to me.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-21 20:19:03
Link | Citer | R

Why can't they increase MNK WA damage through job specific JA changes?

Because no JA change is going to have the kind of effect that is needed. Impetus, Boost, Mantra, FS, none of those will have the 50~100% increase in WS damage that needs to happen.
First Page 2 3 ... 132 133 134 ... 363 364 365