Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2017-07-25 21:33:08
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
ItemSet 352527

Just having another brief look before bed, another possible DW option I have is Floral Gauntlets, other than that I can't see anything else but augmented Herc gear or an Ambuscade Cape.

Yeah, you're missing ~6-11% DW to cap delay reduction w/ no magic haste. Eabani/Suppanomimi, Reiki Yotai, Path D Shijo, Ambu Cape, and getting that last 1% on your Taeon would all be options that I would look at before Floral/Herc.

I'm honestly just curious, are there that many people these days that use a dps character and don't receive a form of haste from either trusts or party members?
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-07-25 21:43:48
Link | Citer | R

IMO, it's still handy to have sets made for different haste states (no haste, 15% haste, 30% haste, full haste)... only because we know that support players/trusts aren't always the best at keeping buffs on... and there are a lot of NMs these days that dispel buffs too.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-07-25 22:31:22
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »

I'm honestly just curious, are there that many people these days that use a dps character and don't receive a form of haste from either trusts or party members?

If I'm not getting full buffs I'm just not going to join a fight. But I'm privileged by being at max gear and bring an Idris GEO so I basically get to do what I want. My Omen group regularly brings in extra people for card farming and they rarely get max haste, if they want to fight they'd need to supply at least some extra DW. But again, I'd rather sit out than play in a limited buff scenario.
By Afania 2017-07-26 01:19:18
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
IMO, it's still handy to have sets made for different haste states (no haste, 15% haste, 30% haste, full haste)... only because we know that support players/trusts aren't always the best at keeping buffs on... and there are a lot of NMs these days that dispel buffs too.

This......

1) NM dispel BRD buffs
2) GEO died with indi haste on, no BRD in pt
3) BRD or GEO accidentally used wrong buffs
4) GEO isn't in range for w/e reason, maybe because he ran out, maybe because I ran in and engage early
5) Got hit with slow
6) Died and lose BRD buff, got up and ready to hit the NM again. (Less of an issue for COR unless double weak due to having ranged attack, more of an issue for other melees)

Macro in DW set(s) right away for above situations is often the key to beat your competitor as DD, IMO.
[+]
By Davorin 2017-07-26 03:42:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

If I'm not getting full buffs I'm just not going to join a fight. But I'm privileged by being at max gear and bring an Idris GEO so I basically get to do what I want. My Omen group regularly brings in extra people for card farming and they rarely get max haste, if they want to fight they'd need to supply at least some extra DW. But again, I'd rather sit out than play in a limited buff scenario.

I don't understand this post in the context of the discussion, or what you're trying to contribute here.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-07-26 07:13:57
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-07-26 16:41:08
Link | Citer | R

Davorin said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

I don't understand this post in the context of the discussion, or what you're trying to contribute here.

The posts before mine were discussing haste buffs and gearing around different ones. I was explaining that I'm an elitist jerk and require full buffs, but there are regularly people who don't get full buffs, so I was agreeing with both in a way.
By silvanesti 2017-07-31 03:11:43
Link | Citer | R

Hi, just curious if anyone is using AF+3 Body to TP in over Adhemar. If so where are you making up the DW that's lost?

Cheers
By geigei 2017-07-31 03:17:03
Link | Citer | R

silvanesti said: »
Hi, just curious if anyone is using AF+3 Body to TP in over Adhemar. If so where are you making up the DW that's lost?

Cheers

I pair af+3 with yotai belt.
By silvanesti 2017-07-31 04:22:31
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
silvanesti said: »

Cheers

I pair af+3 with yotai belt.

Assuming you're at the magic haste cap and 550 JP wouldn't the DW from the belt put you over the 6 you need?

Does being 1 over or under hurt you at all, as opposed to being bang on 6?

Cheers!
By geigei 2017-07-31 06:23:00
Link | Citer | R

1% is nothing really, the acc and stp on it are nice, you could also use shetal but no other bonus on it, or, some prefer 6dw on cape but i don't like it.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-08-03 08:10:47
Link | Citer | R

What is the general consensus on Grunfeld Belt + Caro Necklace for Rudra's? Are they worth using over Fotia or is the 2% no TP use more useful?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-03 08:30:12
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
What is the general consensus on Grunfeld Belt + Caro Necklace for Rudra's? Are they worth using over Fotia or is the 2% no TP use more useful?

Standard pieces
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-08-03 08:41:56
Link | Citer | R

Wanion is slightly better than grunfeild but most people don't want to ever see provenance again.
By Boshi 2017-08-03 10:05:18
Link | Citer | R

Depending on what's stacked or not and attack buffs there's times when all 3 are bis:
Grunfeld
Wanion
Artful+1

Grunfeld is a general 'safe' one thats always good
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-03 19:23:18
Link | Citer | R

I am not looking to drag MNK problems into the THF thread. But I had a funny thought. For those not aware, Boost is now on a 60s recast and adds a large increase in damage to the next attack. In this way, it is like Sneak Attack, although it doesn't guarantee a critical hit, nor is it currently working on weapon skills.
The other interesting thing about it is, when Boost is used, there is a 10 second delay before a melee round.

This is useless to MNK, since the benefits to Boost are not dependent on positioning or direction.

But, if Sneak Attack suffered this same delay, wouldn't this have been nice 10 years ago when we were all leveling THF in Quicksand Caves and elsewhere?
It would be stupid now, with things like Bully.
But back then, without being given warning, tanks would always shuffle out of the way (like trust tanks still do today...) or the target could shift a little.

Just a funny thought!
By Boshi 2017-08-03 21:10:08
Link | Citer | R

For some resson my group's geo stilllll moves everytime he sees me use TA
[+]
By jives 2017-08-04 08:33:49
Link | Citer | R

Some questions mythic related:

1: Does Aftermath/Afterglow 300% adds up % wise with a Occasional attack twice weapon (Blurry knife +1 ) ?

2: Can occasional attacks X activate with triple attack ?
( So one hit could potential turn out to be a 5 hit+)

3: If you own a Twasher & Vajra and you swap quick,
would both Aftermaths be able to stack on yourself ?

Thanks
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-08-04 15:39:42
Link | Citer | R

So how is Boost looking with SA/TA? I'm not currently subbed, so I can't find out for myself. A simply STR mod doesn't sound like much, but that 24k crit on a mandy by a mnk does stimulate the mind.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-04 15:44:51
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
So how is Boost looking with SA/TA? I'm not currently subbed, so I can't find out for myself. A simply STR mod doesn't sound like much, but that 24k crit on a mandy by a mnk does stimulate the mind.

First, it was a relic proc. Second, it doesn't work on WS (currently). Someone posted thf/mnk and boost only added 200 damage to his SA.

Yet to confirm personally if worth anything.

Also, you get a MASSIVE delay from using boost.

jives said: »
Some questions mythic related:

1: Does Aftermath/Afterglow 300% adds up % wise with a Occasional attack twice weapon (Blurry knife +1 ) ?

2: Can occasional attacks X activate with triple attack ?
( So one hit could potential turn out to be a 5 hit+)

3: If you own a Twasher & Vajra and you swap quick,
would both Aftermaths be able to stack on yourself ?

Thanks

1;Not totally sure what that means (if you have aftermath and blurred+1 yeah, you'll swing slightly more than if you have no aftermath)
2;No it's either/or
3;If you swap weapons (even ranged weapons) you lose aftermath.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-08-04 16:03:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
First, it was a relic proc. Second, it doesn't work on WS (currently). Someone posted thf/mnk and boost only added 200 damage to his SA.

That sounds a little odd, since 200 damage should be within the range of randomization. Assuming that individual did a moderately sized sample for both scenarios and was comparing the two peaks, I can't imagine it's any more than a 5% str mod as mnk sub.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-08-04 16:07:50
Link | Citer | R

Its most likely that boost as subjob doesn't have the STR boost at all similar to the way SA and TA work.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-04 16:16:16
Link | Citer | R

Naked lvl 1 dagger master THF wild rabbits:

Normal Hit:35
Boost Hit:76

Normal SA:789
Normal SA:813

Boost SA:864
Boost SA:872
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-08-04 16:18:10
Link | Citer | R

So clearly some bonus is there, but not much.
 Odin.Geriond
Serveur: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-08-04 17:13:23
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ihina said: »

That sounds a little odd, since 200 damage should be within the range of randomization. Assuming that individual did a moderately sized sample for both scenarios and was comparing the two peaks, I can't imagine it's any more than a 5% str mod as mnk sub.
+200 damage is definitely not within the range of randomization when you're only doing ~900 with SA, like with my test.
 Sylph.Krsone
Serveur: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2017-08-04 17:23:20
Link | Citer | R

Boshi said: »

Lol'd, used to happen loads in Incursion to me.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-08-04 17:30:55
Link | Citer | R

Boshi said: »

MPK! kick!
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-08-04 19:59:16
Link | Citer | R

Naked lvl 1 dagger master THF wild rabbits:

Normal Hit:35
Boost Hit:76

Normal SA:789
Normal SA:813

Boost SA:864
Boost SA:872

Can I ask your STR and DEX value naked? And what's the DMG on the dagger?
 Odin.Geriond
Serveur: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-08-04 20:19:31
Link | Citer | R

Found how how Boost's damage bonus works, and listed it on the Monk forum. I'll copy and paste the /MNK stats for it:

Monk Sub:
Your current attack delay (counting haste) is tripled, with a minimum of your weapon's unmodified delay, and reset. When your delay is up, you make one attack, which has 100% accuracy and cannot multi-attack.

Boost multiplies the final damage your next physical hit by 444/256+STR/400, and multiplies TP gain (after all modifiers) by 200%. Sneak Attack's bonus from DEX and Trick Attack's bonus from AGI are applied after Boost.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-08-04 21:03:26
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Geriond said: »
Found how how Boost's damage bonus works, and listed it on the Monk forum. I'll copy and paste the /MNK stats for it:

Monk Sub:
Your current attack delay (counting haste) is tripled, with a minimum of your weapon's unmodified delay, and reset. When your delay is up, you make one attack, which has 100% accuracy and cannot multi-attack.

Boost multiplies the final damage your next physical hit by 444/256+STR/400, and multiplies TP gain (after all modifiers) by 200%. Sneak Attack's bonus from DEX and Trick Attack's bonus from AGI are applied after Boost.

I see. Thanks for the testing.

Well, a 2.25(-ish)x multipler every 60 seconds does sound pretty nice when they fix the WS part of it, assuming you're killing things via skillchain. Other subs will probably be better when you're straight zerging it.

Personally, I think they're taking MNK in the wrong direction. I get that they want to please their epeen, big number obsessed player base, but MNK should be high dps, medium WS job like its always been pre-abyssea. Should have just made the JA double melee hit damage for 60 seconds or something, 60 second recast is fine.
First Page 2 3 ... 157 158 159 ... 261 262 263