Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 224 225 226
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-12 17:20:49
Link | Citer | R

Hmm Warcry and BR are extremely tactical and not just before a WS. Warcry is 60s, same as BR, so you use them either before spamming Resolution, before doing a multi-step SC or if the other isn't up (WC -> BR -> wait 3 min -> repeat). Not sure spreedsheets or simulations can really handle that kind of utilization.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-08-12 17:48:53
Link | Citer | R

sims can, just haven't thought of a way to handle it yet currently have a really awkward way of dealing with skills chains by cycling through a variable, but when i eventually set mob health parameters that'll have to change
 Leviathan.Vedder
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-12 17:53:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Elvann with capped merits in all categories.

STR 114
DEX 101
VIT 104
AGI 122
MND 113
INT 92
CHR 96

The bonus from merits is to your base right?
Yea that agi rating does seem off
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-12 19:17:51
Link | Citer | R

Thing the AGI ia 102. 122 is a typo
 Leviathan.Louisoix
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2017-08-13 19:51:31
Link | Citer | R

Hello WARs, just started to build a WAR myself and built a Ragnarok today. I haven't combed through this thread yet. Just curious what is ideal TP set and Reso set for Ragnarok AG? If the guide is up to date then I'll just go off of gear choice on First page. If I'm ever going to be on WAR at events Ill be fully buffed. Thanks in advance for those with a willing hand for me to hold! lol
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-08-13 21:41:21
Link | Citer | R

front page is basically up to date, if thats not enough, read from this page back 20, should see a ton of up to date sets. gl!
 Leviathan.Louisoix
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2017-08-14 19:31:01
Link | Citer | R

Thank ya kindly.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2017-08-17 22:37:58
Link | Citer | R

Does War have any weaponskills like Jinpu where you can do the same WS over and over and it will keep skillchaining?
 Shiva.Siviard
Serveur: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-08-17 22:55:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arico said: »
Does War have any weaponskills like Jinpu where you can do the same WS over and over and it will keep skillchaining?

Cloudsplitter > Cloudsplitter can do Darkness. That's a magic based WS like Jinpu.
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2017-08-18 00:46:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arico said: »
Technically WAR/SAM has jinpu if you can hit with a lotus katana. Otherwise i think fell cleave does the same thing as jinpu.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-18 07:35:25
Link | Citer | R

Scission / Detonation

Scission / Liquefaction

Transfixion / Compression

Those are the SC categories that are bidirectional. There are lots of ways to bounce back and forth, what exactly are you trying to do?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-08-18 08:12:58
Link | Citer | R

I would assume the Omen objective
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-18 08:30:35
Link | Citer | R

Then just do double thrust to penta thrust and back again. Or use swords and do burning to shining and back.
By ryson 2017-08-18 08:43:14
Link | Citer | R

Armor break > fell cleave > fell cleave > FC > FC .... i think or one of the other breaks /w kinship GA
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-08-24 13:25:15
Link | Citer | R

Can anyone post a 100% DA Ragnarok build? Thanks.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-24 14:30:34
Link | Citer | R

Fighters Roll, nuff said.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-28 19:52:33
Link | Citer | R

So played around with my Zulfiqar and come up with some interesting builds.

Zulfiqar
DMG 297 +25
STR +12
Acc 15 +12
Atk 15 +8
Store TP +2
DA +2
WSD +2

Was trying for DA and ended up with Store TP, figured I could use that and turns out I can.

ItemSet 353033

3% QA
4% TA
96% DA

Body is Acc/Atk +17 DA +5, back is also DA +10. That's a 5-hit with a ridiculously high MA rate and really powerful Resolutions.

Then for the silly people

ItemSet 353034

3% QA
100% DA
5-hit

If had HQ belt then could probably change out Petrov ring for TA+2 ring.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-08-31 17:48:42
Link | Citer | R

Ok all got a little bit of a silly question. Thinking about gearing war but was looking for what I might need weapon wise.

I know I would need to make a rag that's not a problem, but what about ga? Guide says Chango is good which I do have but is that enough to excel on?
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2017-08-31 18:56:02
Link | Citer | R

Then just do double thrust to penta thrust and back again. Or use swords and do burning to shining and back.

Expanding on this...get the quint spear from the Aby-Mis Ironclad Head, and nailing this objective is a joke for those struggling with swords. Sword can also do Fast blade > Burning Blade and back.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-31 19:16:00
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
Ok all got a little bit of a silly question. Thinking about gearing war but was looking for what I might need weapon wise.

I know I would need to make a rag that's not a problem, but what about ga? Guide says Chango is good which I do have but is that enough to excel on?

You don't need a Rag, zulfiqar is easier to gear around and does a better job at reso spamming. Rag gives a huge *** acc bonus and does great melee damage. Great Axe is best at making SCs which is why Chango is recommended. Otherwise Conq is decent at spamming Kings. Agonoshe is a good option for non-REMA.
By anik 2017-08-31 19:19:01
Link | Citer | R

How make'em skillchain?
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2017-09-05 13:44:35
Link | Citer | R

My mistake, didn't count the non-proc rounds.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-09-05 15:04:33
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »

You don't need a Rag, zulfiqar is easier to gear around and does a better job at reso spamming. Rag gives a huge *** acc bonus and does great melee damage. Great Axe is best at making SCs which is why Chango is recommended. Otherwise Conq is decent at spamming Kings. Agonoshe is a good option for non-REMA.

Bravura is also easy/quick to make if you have the gil. Especially if plutons are cheap on your server. It's a great utility/skillchain weapon. The accuracy potential from it is also pretty insane. Evasion down seems to proc often on stuff like Omen bosses. IIRC it's -60 evasion.

Also the aftermath gives you some flexibility and is great for survival.

Agonoshe will last you a long time though.

I think when I made my Rag I spent close to 120-140m for the plutons. Bravura only cost me 50-60m tops recently (was during a campaign though)

To be honest though Conquerer looks really nice, it's definitely on my to-do list.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-05 16:18:39
Link | Citer | R

Bravura's damage potential is kinda lacking vs other options but nobody can deny it's utility power. MT is an extremely consistent WS and good for carefully controlling damage while also being able to take hits. With Bravura AM up you can wear just a few pieces of -DT accessories and be at the 50% cap allowing you to wear full DD gear in your main gear slots. So in conditions where your expected to spend much of your time in -DT gear, Bravura wins for damage.

Conq is something I've been slowly working on, it's does the same thing Rag and Zulf do, spam a WS over and over again. King's Justice is pretty damn powerful, especially with Warcry up, Conq just further exaggerates it.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-09-05 18:21:18
Link | Citer | R

Bravura's damage potential is kinda lacking vs other options but nobody can deny it's utility power. MT is an extremely consistent WS and good for carefully controlling damage while also being able to take hits. With Bravura AM up you can wear just a few pieces of -DT accessories and be at the 50% cap allowing you to wear full DD gear in your main gear slots. So in conditions where your expected to spend much of your time in -DT gear, Bravura wins for damage.

Conq is something I've been slowly working on, it's does the same thing Rag and Zulf do, spam a WS over and over again. King's Justice is pretty damn powerful, especially with Warcry up, Conq just further exaggerates it.

IMO I can see KJ doing well with Conq. The fact that it is a STR mod and not VIT or STR/VIT lets you gear it like Resolution.

Especially with maybe 3/5 HQ Argosy with +3 WAR Legs/Feet as a base in the main slots.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-05 18:33:53
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
IMO I can see KJ doing well with Conq. The fact that it is a STR mod and not VIT or STR/VIT lets you gear it like Resolution.

That is exactly what you do with it. It's like Upheaval in that you need two separate WS sets, one for 1K and another for 2K+. The 1K set is focusing on STR and MA while the 2K+ set is focused on STR and WSD.

I'd go with the HQ Argosy legs over WAR AF3 legs but they are comparable at 1K TP and super buffed.

HQ Argosy
55 STR
11 DEX
+57 Atk (+41)
+32 Acc (+8.25)
DA 4+2
Store TP +6 (can go the other path but I like lowering my STP needs)

Pummeler's legs +3
40 STR
0 DEX
0 Atk (+30)
56 Acc (+15 with boots)
DA +11

And yeah Conq + KJ does pretty good damage, it gets you to about the same place as Rag Reso spam.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-09-11 10:21:13
Link | Citer | R

This is my current TP set, would it be wise to upgrade to AF+3 legs? My Valorous Hose have ACC 45, ATT 17, DA 4, QA 2 on them. Just not sure if the extra accuracy from the set bonus and the 4% double attack would outweigh those augments.

ItemSet 348724
By Kodaijin 2017-09-11 11:51:31
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

That is exactly what you do with it. It's like Upheaval in that you need two separate WS sets, one for 1K and another for 2K+. The 1K set is focusing on STR and MA while the 2K+ set is focused on STR and WSD.

And yeah Conq + KJ does pretty good damage, it gets you to about the same place as Rag Reso spam.

Conq is so much fun. Feels like a KClub GAxe with AM3 up. Endless SCs. I enjoy using it and chango more than Rag. As said above, the KJ dmg is comparable with Reso but starts to slip in maxed buff situations in my experience.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-11 14:01:16
Link | Citer | R

Kodaijin said: »
Conq is so much fun. Feels like a KClub GAxe with AM3 up.

Conq's AM3 has negligible effect on WAR, if your doing it right. WAR gets so much DA naturally that the increase from AM is practically non-existent.

Your looking at something like 3% QA, 6% TA, and 77~86% DA depending on exact build. That leaves a very small population of hits that the AM3 effect could proc on.
[+]
By abknight 2017-09-11 15:49:11
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone tried a Farsha + Blurred Shield cheese build? How does it stack up to greataxe and greatsword spam?
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 224 225 226