Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-10 22:34:55
Link | Citer | R

Inc trolling
By Blazed1979 2017-07-11 16:13:38
Link | Citer | R

Get full HQ Souveran gear. Sub PLD. use a sword and shield. type this in game /anon. Respond to any shouts asking for a tank, like in Ambuscade. let me know how long it takes for people to notice you're actually a WAR, and not a PLD.

Been doing this for this month's ambuscade, its so much fun lol. No one's noticed. They just think i'm a shitty PLD.
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2017-07-11 18:26:14
Link | Citer | R

Blazed1979 said: »
Get full HQ Souveran gear. Sub PLD. use a sword and shield. type this in game /anon. Respond to any shouts asking for a tank, like in Ambuscade. let me know how long it takes for people to notice you're actually a WAR, and not a PLD.

Been doing this for this month's ambuscade, its so much fun lol. No one's noticed. They just think i'm a shitty PLD.

Yassssssssssssssssssssssss
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-11 19:14:45
Link | Citer | R

Blazed1979 said: »

LMFAO

In Omen we sometimes have KG come WAR tank, just for shits and giggles.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2017-07-11 23:24:59
Link | Citer | R

I was actually serious but alright, can always count on some community people to give blessed answers.
 Sylph.Darkside
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2017-07-13 10:08:54
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
I just returned to the game after a 3 month break to finally finish my rag and decided to play WAR.

Whats the best set for tp, reso, scourge assuming I always have a bard, corsair and idris geo in every situation on Lv 1 targets?

Or is the answer play blu?

thx
The answer is situational. There is no real answer because Reis gear augments are so freaking random. plus you should have just posted what gear you have and where you can improve each set.

The answer is play a job you want to play. It's not like you have a shortage of REMA weapons or Master jobs. lol
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-07-13 11:39:36
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Darkside said: »
Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
I just returned to the game after a 3 month break to finally finish my rag and decided to play WAR.

Whats the best set for tp, reso, scourge assuming I always have a bard, corsair and idris geo in every situation on Lv 1 targets?

Or is the answer play blu?

thx
The answer is situational. There is no real answer because Reis gear augments are so freaking random. plus you should have just posted what gear you have and where you can improve each set.

The answer is play a job you want to play. It's not like you have a shortage of REMA weapons or Master jobs. lol

Each of the sets on the front page of this thread is up to date though I didn't see/look very hard for a scourge set.

STR/VIT-WSDMG on the Ody piece
ItemSet 352335
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-27 13:07:10
Link | Citer | R

I have been tweaking my war a bit this week, I find myself using chango most now, and Rag purely when I need to 100% reso spam (occasional sekka scourge). My 4/5 reso return is 217 stp, so /sam leaves me needing only 14stp in gear for 6 hit, or 46stp for 5 hit which seems very appealing. I was looking at using this as my tp set to try and keep acc close as possible to my Reso build (1205 acc). Idea would be that 5 hit (ws+4) would need 2 DA's after ws to be ready to ws again, while TA/QA is ideal for dot and overflow I found I had to make a few touch choices to keep acc up. This would pull a bit over 1200 acc with 98% DA, and right at 46 stp which is what I would need base off reso stp return.... Ideas/suggestions?

ItemSet 352553

I am also not worried about the defensive stats much, I have very good hybrids and react.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-07-27 15:24:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Azagarth said: »
I have been tweaking my war a bit this week, I find myself using chango most now, and Rag purely when I need to 100% reso spam (occasional sekka scourge). My 4/5 reso return is 217 stp, so /sam leaves me needing only 14stp in gear for 6 hit, or 46stp for 5 hit which seems very appealing. I was looking at using this as my tp set to try and keep acc close as possible to my Reso build (1205 acc). Idea would be that 5 hit (ws+4) would need 2 DA's after ws to be ready to ws again, while TA/QA is ideal for dot and overflow I found I had to make a few touch choices to keep acc up. This would pull a bit over 1200 acc with 98% DA, and right at 46 stp which is what I would need base off reso stp return.... Ideas/suggestions?

ItemSet 352553

I am also not worried about the defensive stats much, I have very good hybrids and react.

Double check that you are getting 217 from Resolution (I assume all 5 hits?). Seems like you should gear to land 4 hits on resolution just you don't get screwed and sit on 990~ tp (AKA crappy six hit). Yes I understand TP Flow and how that affects Resolution DMG.

Do you mind posting your Resolution set and Augments?

Assuming you test it and find in game you are only getting 215 TP Return.

The traditional (Main Hit + Extra Hits) x STP = TP Return isn't actually correct. I assume you mathed out 34 STP in your Resolution set (7head+6hands+5feet+1ear) and got the 217 with 5 hits. If you look in game you'll actually get 215 back dropping your WS+4hit to 999tp.

The real formula should be
(122 x 1.34) = 163
(40 X 1.3) = 52 (The additional hits only get the first decimal for STP.)
Totaling 215

To fix the set just drop Cessance Earring for Dedition Earring. 3 DA for 5STP letting you land only 4 hits on Resolution and fixing your hit-build.

EDIT: With 49STP for Resolution the meth works out great with the above set. 4/5 Hit Reso comes to the 223 TP Return (Note this is with Telos Earring in the WS set.)

Just watch out for Lugra swapping in at night because it will drop you 5STP and you will be short if 4 or fewer hits land.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-07-27 15:34:01
Link | Citer | R

The Dedition earring also allows for people to use any 5STP ring over Chirch and save 100-300m.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-27 17:04:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Fiasko said: »
The Dedition earring also allows for people to use any 5STP ring over Chirch and save 100-300m.

Just realize he's using WAR AF+3 body for resolution. Cause reasons.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-07-27 17:25:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

There is some misinformation out there. People see the WSDMG on fotia gorgets, and assume WSDMG works on all hits of a merit ws.

I've actually had that argument with people..

When really it's just the ftp bonus that applies to all hits.(Fotia's Description is wrong)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-27 18:48:05
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

There is some misinformation out there. People see the WSDMG on fotia gorgets, and assume WSDMG works on all hits of a merit ws.

I've actually had that argument with people..

When really it's just the ftp bonus that applies to all hits.(Fotia's Description is wrong)

Oh that's a whole other can of worms stemming from people on the DRK forums argueing that DRK AF+3 body (same as WAR's) was better for Resolution then HQ Argosy. The reasoning used was, no shitting you, that "Resolution does most of it's damage on the first hit anyway". The real reason was they didn't want to spend ~200 million on the HQ body, which is what makes the HQ Chirich ring requirement hilarious. He is also 1 Store TP short on his 5-hit. He's also missing 85 MEVD, 28 INT and 4 MDB. The INT and MDB arn't that big a deal but the MEVD is going to hurt as ***like stun, terror, amnesia, petrify, paralyze and virus can suck and getting shorter duration or flat resists is important.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-27 19:03:27
Link | Citer | R

Double check that you are getting 217 from Resolution (I assume all 5 hits?). Seems like you should gear to land 4 hits on resolution just you don't get screwed and sit on 990~ tp (AKA crappy six hit). Yes I understand TP Flow and how that affects Resolution DMG.

4/5 is 217 return, been playing with it for hours, and its easy to see because I get 175 base + 14tp per hit. these are the values, tested and confirmed ingame 175/189/203/217/231/245/259. I have 29stp + /sam - I am using you basic argosy+1 (nq body) with af+3 feet, the difference is going with +stp on the argosy augs, you lose a bit of dex is all and gain some str, but drops a good chunk of needed stp so was worth it imo.

If war had torc I would gear differently, but I use rag on war just for reso spam, if I am going to sc chango is much more effective so I dont even worry about scourge past the 3k+sekka.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-27 19:04:31
Link | Citer | R

The INT and MDB arn't that big a deal but the MEVD is going to hurt as ***like stun, terror, amnesia, petrify, paralyze and virus can suck and getting shorter duration or flat resists is important.

Saevel, use react ffs...

I am also NOT short on stp, that set has 46 stp. The EXACT number I need. Tested ingame and working just as math has shown.

196 * 4 + 217 = 1001.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-27 19:14:08
Link | Citer | R

Also replace brutal with telos, you can remove 1 stp in your tp set if you dont have +1 ring, not a hard change, nor a char choice to make imo. Still would have +73 DA in your reso set, should be great still.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-07-27 20:43:46
Link | Citer | R

Also replace brutal with telos, you can remove 1 stp in your tp set if you dont have +1 ring, not a hard change, nor a char choice to make imo. Still would have +73 DA in your reso set, should be great still.

Yeah since you did STP paths on body/legs you can use Cessance Earring as well if you don't have Telos Earring.

ItemSet 343853
This but NQ body.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-27 21:17:37
Link | Citer | R

Saevel, use react ffs...

Additional effect / spells / ect. I'm not just talking TP moves btw.

Do not TP in Argosy.

Yeah since you did STP paths on body/legs you can use Cessance Earring as well if you don't have Telos Earring.

Yeah he didn't say anything about going path D so I assumed the usual Path A augments. With Path D he can slice off a bit more Store TP in melee sets. But for some reason I don't think he's here asking for advice.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-27 21:27:02
Link | Citer | R

What mobs are you worried about with "addition effects" on normal hits that you would resist in a normal set lmao? Anything 139+ your not resisting well in a decked out meva set anyhow, how are you doing it in a much lesser meva focused set? I just dont get it....

You can react to specisl/spells/2hrs etc, the only thing you cant is normal tp hits.... which if your talking about stuff like albumen your not resisting anyhow...
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-27 21:43:46
Link | Citer | R

I just dont get it....

Which is kind of the point.

Now go read about resist states and how enfeebles work to get an idea. And if your sitting in -DT gear for spells then your DPS is ***anyway.

And for your information, I frequently resist Amnesia on high level targets because I know how to stack the correct barspells and don't TP in Argosy. Wearing those is no different then reducing your WHM's Barfira / Barstona / Barthundra / Barblizzara from 230 to 131 (dSTAT matters).

Off the top of my head in 5s I can think of Kyou as something that pounds you with status ailments. And that's without trying.

Bottom line, stop TPing in Argosy on anything worth mentioning. The hands are possibly the only slot you could get away with it because those tend to have low magic resist stats anyway. And don't speak about meleeing high level stuff, you SMN burn everything anyway.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-27 22:19:46
Link | Citer | R

I frequently resist Amnesia on high level targets because I know how to stack the correct barspells and don't TP in Argosy. Wearing those is no different then reducing your WHM's Barfira / Barstona / Barthundra / Barblizzara from 230 to 131 (dSTAT matters).

YOU resisting is not the same as YOU + all support helping you do it. I have hybrid sets, heck I have and USE a meva set when required, most dont... I know what to do, have killed everything just as much as you, and see that war in zergs you dont see many mobs your doing where you will be getting -enspell/add effect stray tp hits often lol. If you do why not go run and do better? or heck just smn zerg all like everyone is doing nowdays.

The post was simple, talking about a 1200+ acc, 4 hit, 100% DA set (close as possible). We arent talking about meva rates, and if we are then I can post a different set for when I plan to be tanking -enspell mobs, which doesnt happen lol.

Also you dont sit in DT sets... react is like .5 sec tops that your in them, its very fast, and its customization so you dont "have to" be in them, only if you see a need. Plus its faster always than a manual macro to put pdt on.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-27 22:27:04
Link | Citer | R

As I said

But for some reason I don't think he's here asking for advice.

1200+ acc, 4 hit,

You don't have a 4-hit.

YOU resisting is not the same as YOU + all support helping you do it.

And you just failed big time.

Now go read about resist states and how enfeebles work to get an idea.

I guess you solo all the content you use WAR on anyway. So again.

Bottom line, stop TPing in Argosy on anything worth mentioning.

Also you dont sit in DT sets... react is like .5 sec tops that your in them

That's not how react works.

Monster Readies blah blah packet -> Bot forces you to put on -DT gear

Wait

Monster use's blah blah packet -> Bot forces you out of -DT gear

Your in -DT gear during the entire charging time because it has no way of knowing the charge / casting timer and since all calculations happen server side, by the time "use's" is on your screen it's already happened and too late to change gear.

Here is the funny part, I've been advocating "ohh ***" gear sets since 2006 and I actually don't need a bot to use mine. I write my own lua's instead of borrowing someone else's and have put in my own method of forcing DT gear on and off. The two buttons are right next to each other on the keyboard enabling me to flash in and out of DT gear on a case by case basis. I don't need a bot program to effectively play my job for me. And yes react is a bot, along with the voidwatch bot and the rest that have been passed around.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-27 22:39:06
Link | Citer | R

1200+ acc, 4 hit,

You don't have a 4-hit.

You know I mean 5 hit, since we have been talking about that. We have different opinions, I will stick with mine and have had a few people point out a few good changes already that I will for sure keep in mind and they have helped a lot. Thanks to you guys for actually being a help for my set and not just trolling me.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-27 22:43:00
Link | Citer | R

1200+ acc, 4 hit,

You don't have a 4-hit.

You know I mean 5 hit, since we have been talking about that. We have different opinions, I will stick with mine and have had a few people point out a few good changes already that I will for sure keep in mind and they have helped a lot. Thanks to you guys for actually being a help for my set and not just trolling me.

Seeing as you had to ask me how to do a five step with Chango the other day...
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-27 23:20:33
Link | Citer | R

asking if you knew off the top of your head the highest dmg sc that starts with armor break, and ends in radience, is not the same as asking how to 5 step. Which you never actually answered, so figured you didnt know either.
By Gruknor 2017-07-27 23:59:20
Link | Citer | R

I wish Azagarth and Saevel would stop arguing on the drk and war forums and just kiss already. This is getting annoying. I am intervening, you two make up.

Now kiss.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-28 08:01:44
Link | Citer | R

Gruknor said: »
I wish Azagarth and Saevel would stop arguing on the drk and war forums and just kiss already.

Dude's going around asking for help but really just asking for people to agree with him and validate his decisions.

asking if you knew off the top of your head the highest dmg sc that starts with armor break, and ends in radience, is not the same as asking how to 5 step. Which you never actually answered, so figured you didnt know either.

That's not what you asked, don't lie on the forums.

King's Justice -> Full Break -> Upheaval -> King's Justice -> Upheaval

That's the standard five step.

Armor break is Impaction which is very messy for WAR to work with because it doesn't have a liquefaction WS on Great Axe so you need to walk to detonation and then down to compression.

Armor Break -> Steel Cyclone -> Upheaval -> King's Justice -> Upheaval

That will make light and you can tac on another Upheaval for Radiance though honestly that SC isn't worth it as your spending too much time in the T1's.
By Blazed1979 2017-07-28 11:04:49
Link | Citer | R

King's Justice -> Full Break -> Upheaval -> King's Justice -> Upheaval
Why is that superior to (really asking here!! don't fight!!) to
Uko's> Steel Cyclone>upheaval>Uko's Fury>Upheaval?
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 224 225 226