A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 99 100 101
 Asura.Warusha
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2017-08-04 05:12:02
Link | Citer | R

Code
function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)	
    if spell.name == 'Impact' then
        equip({head=empty,body="Twilight Cloak"})
    elseif spell.name == 'Stun' then
        if not buffactive['Thunderstorm'] then
            add_to_chat(8,'--------- Thunderstorm is down ---------')
        elseif not buffactive['Klimaform'] then
            add_to_chat(8,'----------- Klimaform is down -----------')
        end
    end
	if spell.action_type == 'Magic' then
		classes.CustomClass = player.equipment.main
	end
	if  player.main_job == "SCH" and (buffactive['Dark Arts'] or buffactive['Addendum: Black']) and (spell.skill == "Elemental Magic" or spell.skill == "Dark Magic" or spell.skill == "Enfeebling Magic") and player.equipment.main == "Hvergelmir" then
        equip(sets.precast.FC,{head="Pedagogy Mortarboard +1",feet="Academic's Loafers +3"})
	elseif player.main_job == "SCH" and (buffactive['Light Arts'] or buffactive['Addendum: White']) and (spell.skill == "Healing Magic" or spell.skill == "Divine Magic" or spell.skill == "Enfeebling Magic" or spell.skill == "Enhancing Magic") and player.equipment.main == "Hvergelmir" then
        equip(sets.precast.FC,{head="Pedagogy Mortarboard +1",feet="Academic's Loafers +3"})
	end
	if (buffactive['Alacrity'] or buffactive['Celerity']) and world.weather_element == spell.element then
        equip({feet='Pedagogy Loafers +1'})
    end
end

I'm an idiot and can't figure this out. I'm trying to equip completely different .FC sets based on what my main weapon is. Right now I am properly swapping one fastcast set when I have Hvergelmir equipped, and the other proper sets when I have other main hand weapons equipped. I can't seem to get grimoire gear on when I have the proper arts and spell type. Also I can't get my Pedagogy Loafers to equip either :/

After I figure out this issue I plan on making a set for addle and casting in incorrect arts(as much fastcast as I can find). If anyone has the patience to help I'd appreciate it greatly.
 Odin.Speedyjim
Serveur: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-08-09 22:50:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Warusha said: »
I can't seem to get grimoire gear on when I have the proper arts and spell type. Also I can't get my Pedagogy Loafers to equip either :/
I also can't get this to work, though I thought it did. I even tried using Arislan's LUA, which is very similar, and nothing.
By monkey33333333 2017-08-09 23:22:19
Link | Citer | R

Can someone show me a new Magic eva set for sch? plz and TY ^^
By Chimerawizard 2017-08-13 22:25:02
Link | Citer | R

monkey33333333 said: »
Can someone show me a new Magic eva set for sch? plz and TY ^^
ItemSet 338117
Just threw together some of the best mEVA gear and math'd a set out of it including enough MDT... no idea how much mEVA is actually required to be effectively immune to magic. I could be way over. if so, mallquis clogs +1 would be the first thing I'd swap in.
EDIT: I should note the telchine set with mEVA augments is comparable with the normal quality pinga set.
[+]
By monkey33333333 2017-08-13 23:22:54
Link | Citer | R

sweet so to put hours and hours of crafting to make the +1 set. TY for the help ^^
By Sirgimp 2017-08-14 01:42:06
Link | Citer | R

@Asura.Warusha
It looks like you are missing set_combine. Can you try this:
Code
equip(set_combine(sets.precast.FC,{head="Pedagogy Mortarboard +1",feet="Academic's Loafers +3"}))

Also adding to chat helps a ton to figure out if you are even reaching the code you want. So regarding your Loafers add this inside your if statement:
Code
add_to_chat(8,'----- Loafers Equipped. -----')
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-08-14 06:06:45
Link | Citer | R

This would be the best MEVA set for resisting status alignments while ignoring MDT:

ItemSet 336879

Not all Pinga pieces MEVA are created equal compared to Telchine. If you want to actually go for the HQs:

Hands > Body > Head+Legs > Head

NQ Pinga head can even be a little weaker than a fully Augmented Telchine Head. Other than that NQ Pinga is BiS after HQ Pinga of course.

My only point of discussion would be giving up 8 MEVA on an Ear to put a Hearty Earring in.
By Sammeh 2017-08-14 06:47:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Warusha said: »
Code
function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)	
    if spell.name == 'Impact' then
        equip({head=empty,body="Twilight Cloak"})
    elseif spell.name == 'Stun' then
        if not buffactive['Thunderstorm'] then
            add_to_chat(8,'--------- Thunderstorm is down ---------')
        elseif not buffactive['Klimaform'] then
            add_to_chat(8,'----------- Klimaform is down -----------')
        end
    end
	if spell.action_type == 'Magic' then
		classes.CustomClass = player.equipment.main
	end
	if  player.main_job == "SCH" and (buffactive['Dark Arts'] or buffactive['Addendum: Black']) and (spell.skill == "Elemental Magic" or spell.skill == "Dark Magic" or spell.skill == "Enfeebling Magic") and player.equipment.main == "Hvergelmir" then
	elseif player.main_job == "SCH" and (buffactive['Light Arts'] or buffactive['Addendum: White']) and (spell.skill == "Healing Magic" or spell.skill == "Divine Magic" or spell.skill == "Enfeebling Magic" or spell.skill == "Enhancing Magic") and player.equipment.main == "Hvergelmir" then
	end
	if (buffactive['Alacrity'] or buffactive['Celerity']) and world.weather_element == spell.element then
        equip({feet='Pedagogy Loafers +1'})
    end
end

I'm an idiot and can't figure this out. I'm trying to equip completely different .FC sets based on what my main weapon is. Right now I am properly swapping one fastcast set when I have Hvergelmir equipped, and the other proper sets when I have other main hand weapons equipped. I can't seem to get grimoire gear on when I have the proper arts and spell type. Also I can't get my Pedagogy Loafers to equip either :/

After I figure out this issue I plan on making a set for addle and casting in incorrect arts(as much fastcast as I can find). If anyone has the patience to help I'd appreciate it greatly.

Sorry didn't see this the other day. This is what I use. Also, for what it's worth, I would always do Impact last as if you have other parts of your gear-swap (such as this section) and you're casting impact, you're going to not equip the cloak.. So order:

1) Normal FC stuff
2) Grimoire bonus / overriding FC
3) Impact

Code

if spell.type == "WhiteMagic" and (buffactive["Light Arts"] or buffactive["Addendum: White"]) then 
		equip(sets.precast.Grimoire) 
	end
	if spell.type == "BlackMagic" and (buffactive["Dark Arts"] or buffactive["Addendum: Black"]) then 
		equip(sets.precast.Grimoire) 
	end
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [59 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-10-12 16:05:24
Link | Citer | R

I feel like I should go buy a lottery ticket. I made a scholar alt about 2 weeks ago and it has to be the luckiest character in the world...
[+]
By Sammeh 2017-10-12 17:38:14
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone know if Mallquis gear can pass the cap (on elemental magic) for the 80% reduction like Grimoire bonuses can?
By Sammeh 2017-10-19 06:25:02
Link | Citer | R

Sammeh said: »
Does anyone know if Mallquis gear can pass the cap (on elemental magic) for the 80% reduction like Grimoire bonuses can?

It does not after some testing.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-10-29 20:19:37
Link | Citer | R

I am completely new to SCH outside of using it as a mule to cheese NNI.

The OP seems to be quite outdated, so should I be aiming for merlinic set now a days and calling it good?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2017-10-29 22:05:42
Link | Citer | R

I can't even deal right now.

Enfeebling: Af+2/3 pieces (atleast body/legs) and grio with int/macc/enfeebling

nuking: merlinic is nice and akademos

then all the accessories for the things.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-10-29 23:38:56
Link | Citer | R

Trying to figure out my fast cast set. Cap is 80%, get 15% off /rdm which means 65% from gear.

Does the 10% from Light/Dark arts count towards the fast cast cap?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-10-30 00:08:15
Link | Citer | R

It's multiplicative so you still need 77/62% in FC

1 * .9 * .23 = .2
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-10-30 08:35:23
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
I can't even deal right now.

Enfeebling: Af+2/3 pieces (atleast body/legs) and grio with int/macc/enfeebling

nuking: merlinic is nice and akademos

then all the accessories for the things.

You don't want Grio. You want Gada with just macc and Ammurapi Shield.

This is pretty much what a dream set would be:
ItemSet 354035

If you need more macc, swap out feet to skaoi boots or medium's sabots. SCH really has no need for +skill for enfeebling, because just base skill gets you over cap.

If you want potency, SCH has access to 1 piece of +potency gear. Uk'uxkaj boots. It has no macc on it, and the +potency is rather small on T1 enfeebles, so your mileage may vary.

Alternatives for non matching arts:
Body: shango robe AF+3 still gives most macc when not black magic + dark arts
Legs: chironic hose
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-30 12:35:23
Link | Citer | R

If I recall "perf" Grio+Enki is ~347 Macc, whereas "perf" Gada+Ammurapi is ~350 sooo... we're pretty close, aren't we.

Getting a Gada with just Macc+25 is probably much easier than getting a Grio with Macc>=30 and Enf >=15 though, so if someone had to start from scratch I agree he should go the Gada route.
If someone already has a pretty powerful Grio though, say from RDM, then by all means I don't think it would be a bad option to use, not at all.

Also in your set I'd debate the use of boots (check the in-depth discussion on the RDM thread) and I would probably put HQ Stikini and Regal Cuffs.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-10-30 12:48:02
Link | Citer | R

I think the amount of effort/gil involved with getting a perfect Grio would probably be greater than getting a Gada/Ammurapi, which is why I recommend it.

The argument about the boots on rdm really only applies to Distract/Frazzle III, because skill affects potency above what our skill is capped at. SCH at most gets distract/frazzle 1, so the potency would be better if you don't need the accuracy, since skill doesn't affect the potency of any of our debuffs.

Completely missed the Regal Cuffs, yeah those are demonstrably better. Stinky ring +1 is also better, I'll update.

Edit: Perfect Augs Comparison
Grio+Enki:
(Aug 15 MND/30macc/15 enfeeble) (Fern) [Good Luck]
Total MND = 19 + 15 + 10 = 44
Total Macc = 14 + 30 + 10 = 54
Macc Skill = 228
Enfeebling Skill = 15

Total Macc if everything gives 1 macc: 1 stat = 341

Gada+Ammurapi:
(Aug 15 MND/25macc (Taupe)
Total MND = 6 + 15 + 13 = 34
Total Macc = 20 + 25 + 38 = 83
Macc Skill = 215
Enfeebling Skill = 18

Total Macc if everything gives 1 macc: 1 stat = 350

Imo it seems that Gada is infinitely easier to manage than a perfect Grio. You only need 2 stats perfect or near so for Gada, you need 3 for Grio.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-30 13:21:30
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I think the amount of effort/gil involved with getting a perfect Grio would probably be less than getting a Gada
Agreed! It's what I said above. If someone has to start from scratch it's absolutely Gada imo.
But if someone already has a solid Grio maybe from RDM then I dunno if I would bother with a Gada.
Just my two cents of course.

Quote:
The argument about the boots on rdm really only applies to Distract/Frazzle III
No there was more, I remember Savel offering some in-depth numbers about it.
It was more about offering such a minimal increase on the majority of enfeebles that it wasn't worth to lose all the skill etc.
Altough now that I think about it this might not apply to SCH, given how there are no other options (in other slots) for enf potency...
Still, might be worth goin to check that in detail if you're curious!
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-10-30 13:30:53
Link | Citer | R

Do you by chance have a link to that discussion, or is it just buried in the guide somewhere? I remember reading it months ago, but don't remember where.

I do remember specifically that Medium's Sabots (and by extension Skaoi) out performed Uk'uxkaj for potency based on the skill added by those pieces on Distract III and Frazzle III.

I don't recall the rest of the discussion.

Edit: I also edited above to say I think perfect Grio would be more expensive/effort I think than getting Gada/Ammurapi. You were already replying though.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-30 13:56:43
Link | Citer | R

Pretty confident it was in the "jack of all trades" guide in the RDM forum.
I remember Boshi, Saevel and someone else talking a lot about them, I read this several months ago though so my memories are a bit cloudy, I apologize.

Either way the fact that Uk'uxkaj offer such a marginal boost might be a consequence of RDM having other Enf potency options and Uk'uxkaj not stacking very well with them.
For a job that has Uk'uxkaj as their only enf potency option, things might be different.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-10-30 14:16:05
Link | Citer | R

Found your original question:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/49688/jack-of-all-trades-a-guide-to-red-mage/7/#3232202

Basic Gist: If you don't need macc to land the debuff, then you probably don't need the minimal enfeebling potency boost from Uk'uxkaj Boots. So Skaoi/Medium's probably BiS by virtue of inventory +1.

Edit: doesn't really matter honestly whether you already have a lot of +potency or not. The bonus is static. Distract/Frazzle give -2 of their respective stat from Uk'uxkaj Boots. That's +1% hit rate. It would still be +1% hit rate if you had other potency.
[+]
By tyalangan 2017-10-30 14:33:39
Link | Citer | R

Since we are talking about SCH I would want the 66(+15) macc from Omen AF+3 boots over a 6% increase in enf. effect every single time. Would you agree?

Losing that much macc on anything worthwhile would take multiple tries to land and by then you will be in the middle of SCing or healing or kiting (if solo). I would rather land it the first time and lose 6% of the effect.

On anything where the additional 80 macc would not assist probably would not need the additional 6% effect to kill, anyway. I may just be lazy but I see no real benefit in the Uk'. Boots.

EDIT: You stated the same thing above before I finished my post.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-10-30 19:23:57
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
It's multiplicative so you still need 77/62% in FC

1 * .9 * .23 = .2

So on SCH/RDM you need 62% Fast Cast (77 if any other sub) before you can use +3 feet to enhance it past the cap?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-10-30 19:43:26
Link | Citer | R

You need 62% as /rdm yeah, I dunno how the feet play into it at that point.

Edit: Whoops, maybe the number should be 63%, 62% leaves you at fractionally over 20%. Dunno if it makes a difference but guess it doesn't hurt to be sure, hehe.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-10-30 19:55:16
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
You need 62% as /rdm yeah, I dunno how the feet play into it at that point.

Edit: Whoops, maybe the number should be 63%, 62% leaves you at fractionally over 20%. Dunno if it makes a difference but guess it doesn't hurt to be sure, hehe.

Good to know as I've already got 65% in slots other than feet. Wanted to make sure I was capped.

Also, would it be possible to use Pedagogy Head +1 in the future if you can reach 63% FC without using head/feet slots? Is there a cap on the grimoire spellcasting stat?
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-10-30 20:05:41
Link | Citer | R

Think I am starting to get a general idea how to gear.

What boots should I aim for until Jhkari +2 and what would an easy to obtain FC set look like?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-10-30 20:07:03
Link | Citer | R

I think those are the only two pieces with grimoire spellcasting speed on them right? So I doubt you'll ever have to worry about hitting any sort of cap on it.

Was there ever a definite test that it was actually exceeding 80% FC? I vaguely remember testing out cast time in general and lag was such that even with the same FC gear things spells weren't always happening at the same percentage so seems hard as heck to test, lol.

I dunno if you really need beyond 80% anyways, the differences become so minor at that point...
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-10-30 20:14:24
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I'm just looking to get every little bit I can, might as well if it's possible lol. I could use my 65% FC set with Academics Feet +3 pretty well, and it's not a big deal if I can't use the relic head.

Edit: This is what I'm using currently. Could find more, but I don't really need to improve further so long as I'm /rdm.

ItemSet 354050
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-10-31 08:54:49
Link | Citer | R

Actually there is a cap on grimoire spellcast speed before alacrity/celerity

It's 25%. You get 10% from just grimoire, and then feet + head get you the reset of the way.

Kylos: Inyanga Body has 12/13 FC and a lot of macc. Academic's hands +2/3 beat the Gende gloves. Both are pieces you probably want anyway, so might be worth looking into.
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 99 100 101