A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 99 100 101
By BlaTheTaru 2017-06-02 13:54:12
Link | Citer | R

I started going through my Sch lua last night and noticed I haven't been keeping up with my enfeebling sets. I read a few pages back and saw where enfeebling had been discussed a bit but no sets sere posted. Can someone post an updated enfeebling set? Also when it comes to skill and macc is it a 1:1 or is there some point where ones better than the other? My sch mentors pretty turrrbal.
 Odin.Warusha
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Serithus
By Odin.Warusha 2017-06-02 13:59:23
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Someone remind me why you'd aim for 500 Dark Skill here please.

I only mentioned it as the person requesting the set asked about hitting 500. I don't think it plays any role aside from Macc.

As others mentioned, it's possible to hit pretty easily but I just went with what I thought was best.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-06-02 14:58:30
Link | Citer | R

In truth, I think I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've ever used Rapture. I'm mainly asking because I am reworking my sch.lua for GearSwap and I'm doing my Strategem related rules for spells. Since I have the gear, I figured I might as well make the rules efficient, even though I don't think I will all of a sudden start using Rapture to cure.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-06-02 15:14:11
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I only mentioned it as the person requesting the set

Thats who I ment to ask !
By Nayr 2017-06-05 11:42:32
Link | Citer | R

Besides 550 Job Points is there any other way to lower Stratagem cooldown? Right now I'm at 48-15(550 JP) = 33 Seconds per Stratagem
 Sylph.Gobbo
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2017-06-05 12:11:26
Link | Citer | R

There is not, your only options are Stratagem management and utilizing Random Deal, Tabula Rasa, and Wild Card.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-06-05 12:42:04
Link | Citer | R

You should also use Super Revitalizer if in Escha. If you pop immanence before the battle you can easily do 3 SC (should also have room for ebullience helix if you pre-popped) -> tabula for 3:30 (with relic pants) of free strats -> 3 more SC -> revit -> 3 more SC. This should kill pretty much anything unless your mages sucks or you are bringing dead weight that raise the mob HP and in that case you probably have 2SCH and/or a COR
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-06-05 12:52:15
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Gobbo said: »
Stratagem management

Most SCHs don't understand this point, and it's so important.

Precharging is huge... all strategems last for 60-sec before they expire, and they regen at a rate of 33-48 seconds, so if you precharge and plan in advance, you can basically perform a bunch of actions at no strategem cost.

For example, you can pop immanence 30-45 sec before you actually need to initiate the chain, and you'll end up with an SC that only costs 1 strat instead of the usual 2.

Works well w/ accession, perpetuance, ebullience, manifestation, too.

A precharging SCH will have many more strats at their disposable than one who doesn't.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
Serveur: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-06-05 15:01:25
Link | Citer | R

i
Shiva.Arislan said: »
Stratagem management

Precharging is huge... all strategems last for 60-sec before they expire, and they regen at a rate of 33-48 seconds, so if you precharge and plan in advance, you can basically perform a bunch of actions at no strategem cost.

For example, you can pop immanence 30-45 sec before you actually need to initiate the chain, and you'll end up with an SC that only costs 1 strat instead of the usual 2.

A precharging SCH will have many more strats at their disposable than one who doesn't.
Agreed if you are at full books, fire off something and let it burn, I use this alot waiting for ambuscade entrance
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-06-05 16:20:55
Link | Citer | R

Stratagem management

Most of the time its not the issue with scholars but issue with other people in party "Bitching" and "Complaining" about the SCH taking forever to Buff...... (as its my case) however, Pre-charging is a must if you want to Optimize your Stratagems and be an Efficient SCH.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-06-05 16:50:33
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
Most of the time its not the issue with scholars but issue with other people in party "Bitching" and "Complaining" about the SCH taking forever to Buff...... (as its my case) however, Pre-charging is a must if you want to Optimize your Stratagems and be an Efficient SCH.

If you can't get your buffs on faster than it takes a RUN or PLD to prepare for pull, then I dare say you might be doing it wrong.

Take Ambu for example. Usually people will reset abilities after exit, so you can accession Prot/Shell/barspells and perpetuance Regen/Haste on tank while killing monsters for KI. Those buffs all carry across zones, so really all that's left after you enter Legion are storms. And even those you don't have to accession. Dark Arts > Addendum: Black > Haste on Self > Storm on Self > Storm on BLM #1 > Immanence > Storm on BLM #2 > Klimaform > Ready for Pull/SC with 5/5 strats.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-06-05 17:10:40
Link | Citer | R

If you can't get your buffs on faster than it takes a RUN or PLD to prepare for pull, then I dare say you might be doing it wrong.

Take Ambu for example. Usually people will reset abilities after exit, so you can accession Prot/Shell/barspells and perpetuance Regen/Haste on tank while killing monsters for KI. Those buffs all carry across zones, so really all that's left after you enter Legion are storms. And even those you don't have to accession. Dark Arts > Addendum: Black > Haste on Self > Storm on Self > Storm on BLM #1 > Immanence > Storm on BLM #2 > Klimaform > Ready for Pull/SC with 5/5 strats.

I am usually the only SCH in pt, so I must do:

Light Arts > Accession > Perpetuance > wait til timer is (15 secs left til wear off) > Cast "-Storm" > Black Arts > Addendum: Black > Mannifestation > (Wait til timer is down to 15 secs) > Klimaform > Immanence > (Ready to pop)

However, having a 2nd SCH in pt or even a BLM/SCH saves alot of time.

That is all I am saying.

However, I also realize alot of NON-SCH doesn't really understand that we got 5 Charges and we must make sure we have as many of those READY for the Actual Fight.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-06-05 17:26:26
Link | Citer | R

Light Arts > Accession > Perpetuance > wait til timer is (15 secs left til wear off) > Cast "-Storm" > Black Arts > Addendum: Black > Mannifestation > (Wait til timer is down to 15 secs) > Klimaform > Immanence > (Ready to pop)

Yikes, no wonder they're complaining.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2017-06-05 17:51:03
Link | Citer | R

BlaTheTaru said: »
I started going through my Sch lua last night and noticed I haven't been keeping up with my enfeebling sets. I read a few pages back and saw where enfeebling had been discussed a bit but no sets sere posted. Can someone post an updated enfeebling set? Also when it comes to skill and macc is it a 1:1 or is there some point where ones better than the other? My sch mentors pretty turrrbal.
ItemSet 338187
info on enfeebling: Enfeebling Potency - How MND and INT Differences Play a Role
I don't know if it's a full 1:1 or slight difference; chances are the skill itself will likely be unneeded compared with magic accuracy since we don't have access to high tier enfeebles like Distract 3.

Not sure if Acad.pants+3 are better or the immunobreak+1 still makes those BiS. ammo is there just because I'd probably prefer the extra 3 MND over 2 m.acc.

Haven't played in at least 6 months, so correct me if I'm totally wrong somewhere plz. :)
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-06-05 17:59:47
Link | Citer | R

Yikes, no wonder they're complaining.

XD

I am OCD about ppl having their buffs for optimal DMG and also having at least 4~5 strat rdy for battle.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-06-05 18:04:35
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
ItemSet 338187
info on enfeebling: Enfeebling Potency - How MND and INT Differences Play a Role
I don't know if it's a full 1:1 or slight difference; chances are the skill itself will likely be unneeded compared with magic accuracy since we don't have access to high tier enfeebles like Distract 3.

Not sure if Acad.pants+3 are better or the immunobreak+1 still makes those BiS. ammo is there just because I'd probably prefer the extra 3 MND over 2 m.acc.

Haven't played in at least 6 months, so correct me if I'm totally wrong somewhere plz. :)

That body is +50mag acc, then you get set bonus, and you get +24 enfeeble skill, what a nice piece
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Serveur: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-07 17:08:59
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have a max enhancing duration set they can post with any augments on pieces please? Could you as well post the time you see on the set.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-06-07 17:39:40
Link | Citer | R

5/5 telchine with 10/10 augment
Gada with 6 augment
Amurapi shield from Kei
ItemSet 347308
Those 7 pieces are it, and then arbatel hands+1 for perputance
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2017-06-07 18:53:29
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
ItemSet 338187

Thanks a ton for this!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-06-10 15:32:43
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know whats up with tier 2 storm spells? SE reported them as not having the correct duration in the Known Issues section of the last patch notes.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-06-18 21:38:58
Link | Citer | R

So far the post-patch effect from Shell Crusher and also Shattersoul seems to land consistantly on Omen bosses for me.
[+]
 Bahamut.Atamanos
user: Atamanos
By Bahamut.Atamanos 2017-07-01 23:00:55
Link | Citer | R

anyone willing to share an updated idle and nuke sets thank you in advance for the help
 Shiva.Malthar
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-07-01 23:17:26
Link | Citer | R

This guide should be called, "Continuing Education, a Scholar"s Guide."
 Shiva.Berzerk
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2017-07-01 23:34:48
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Atamanos said: »
anyone willing to share an updated idle and nuke sets thank you in advance for the help

ItemSet 352140

Merlinic or Chiron hands/feet w/ augs can also replace those for ilvl alternatives. Stikini +1 or adoulin rings otherwise I don't have refresh on rings. Also don't know of any back/ear options that give refresh. Maybe moonshade if you wanting refresh that badly?

Nuke set: ItemSet 352141

MACC/MAB/MBDmg augs on merlinic, shiva+1 or burst pieces also like mujin band or locus ring. Obi for matching weather, and Empy i119 feet for when Klimaform up.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-07-02 01:38:21
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Also don't know of any back/ear options that give refresh.

Moonshade can have Refresh. I prefer TP bonus for Myrkr and all the other jobs by far tho.

Savant's Earring sorta gives Refresh.

Academic's mortarboard +3 also has a hefty Sublimation bonus to be considered.

Rest of the Sublimation gear is pretty much outdone by +Refresh items. Could only use in extreme niche set to faster precharge a full Sublimation buff.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2017-07-02 02:05:03
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Atamanos said: »
I generally find regen gear as effectively useless for idle; get hit once, how long will it take the regen gear to get you back that HP vs just wearing PDT.
Refresh I understand but generally don't bother to gear it because; loss of some 6~8 refresh for an increase of 33~37 PDT I consider a fair trade. EDIT: I enjoy doing solo stuff on SCH; so a PDT set for me is important, low on mp? Myrkr/aspir.
ItemSet 338116
Black Earring PDT-1~2%
*from the Abyssea - Vunkerl quest 'Scattered Shells, Scattered Mind'
Merlinic or Hagondes hands with PDT-1~5%
Can swap head piece for Merlinic or Hagondes as well; I think that just has a little more DEF/VIT though over the others is all.
Artsieq pants get PDT-5% on path C.
EDIT:
Potentially possible to cap PDT without the hat at all. 4 sublimation vs 3 pdt also ... not a good trade to pdt just to idle academic's mortarboard +3 easily better.

nuke sets don't vary too much, with weather magic burst set:
ItemSet 338118
[+]
 Ragnarok.Granis
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Granis25
By Ragnarok.Granis 2017-07-04 19:16:38
Link | Citer | R

I'm in the process of getting SCH to 99, I already play WHM at 99, and I was wondering what's easy to shoot for gear, I have full Hagondes rotting in my mog sack that I could probably +1 and augment,but would alluvion skirmish mage gear be better than Hagondes +1 these days? Also is SCH AF1 worth reforging? Some general ideas would be nice for me to go and farm up some gear before SCH gets to 99.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-07-04 19:49:38
Link | Citer | R

The current nuking baseline is Jhakri set from Ambuscade. Hagondes and Skirmish Armor is pretty much outdated for nuking.

SCHs core items in regards to AF:

- Acad. Pants +1 are a great stepping stone to get easy enhancing skill. The other AF1s aren't really worth it to upgrade unless you bring them to OMEN +2/+3 levels where they gain a gigant MACC bonus and other stats.

- Peda. Loafers +1 for enhanced Stormsurge Stats and breaking the cap on Alacrity/Celerity
- Pedagogy pants (+1) for +30seconds Tabula Rasa

- Arbatel Bonnet +1 for Regen Potency
- Arbatel Bracers +1 for Perpetuance
- Arbatel loafers +1 for nuking with Klimaform up

Your endgoal should be:

- Merlinic Head/Body/Legs with +MB Augments if your luck permits
- Amalric Hands
- Chironic Hands/Feet for non-MBs/Klimaform down
[+]
 Asura.Kogasho
user: kogasho
By Asura.Kogasho 2017-08-01 01:22:50
Link | Citer | R

Will Akademos always be the superior nuking staff for sch?
Or is Grioavolr better with augments?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-08-01 09:04:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kogasho said: »
Grioavolr

Akademos (A) will always be slightly better for raw damage than a Grioavoir. Griovaoir can give you some more MACC but is mostly attractive for lucky/dedicated BLMs to DEATH in.

Only thing that will beat Akademos damage for nuking is Tupsimati with an active AM2 running.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 99 100 101