A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54 55 ... 99 100 101
 Bismarck.Dunigs
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2016-11-15 16:04:30
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Herzins said: »
For Fast cast, isn't it a bad idea to use so much occ. quickens magic gear slots when it comes to self-skillchain? If insta-cast a spell, then you'll get the "unable to use that ability" message. I guess, unless you have separate macros, this shouldn't matter, but I have all in one macro, what are your thoughts?

If it's a possible concern, you could split into two macros or just use a different FC set without quick cast for spells under immanence. Assuming you're using strictly T1-T3 spells its not like the added QC is doing you any favors there.
By Lyramion 2016-11-21 08:00:58
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Yeah, only for the cast time but not recast time.

-Grimoire Spellcast time actually is better for Recast than FastCast as it counts for the full value and not only half.

There is a 25% cap on -Grimoire Spellcast, so using Feet and Hat will give you worse returns.
 Asura.Toralin
Serveur: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-11-21 09:37:05
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dunigs said: »
For Fast cast, isn't it a bad idea to use so much occ. quickens magic gear slots when it comes to self-skillchain? If insta-cast a spell, then you'll get the "unable to use that ability" message. I guess, unless you have separate macros, this shouldn't matter, but I have all in one macro, what are your thoughts?

If it's a possible concern, you could split into two macros or just use a different FC set without quick cast for spells under immanence. Assuming you're using strictly T1-T3 spells its not like the added QC is doing you any favors there.

I would leave it in, its actually quite nice when you close with a helix, closing with noctohelix comes to mind and sometimes for example doing WoC where you are cycling gravitation as fast as possible, the 0 recast enables you to flow right into the next SC (if haste isnt capped)..

Additionally when it comes to bursting, if you quick-cast that first t5 nuke, it then gives you more time to land a larger spell. Normally you can land a t5+t2, but if you insta-cast the t5, you can sneak in a t4, I have not been able to get 2 t5's in though

Cliche but its really situational for what content you are doing in SCH

You could easily setup a rule, ifbuffactive Immanance and spell Elemeental Magic then use this fastcast set, if its throwing your macro off
 Shiva.Hiep
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-11-21 09:56:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
Bismarck.Dunigs said: »

I would leave it in, its actually quite nice when you close with a helix, closing with noctohelix comes to mind and sometimes for example doing WoC where you are cycling gravitation as fast as possible, the 0 recast enables you to flow right into the next SC (if haste isnt capped)..

Additionally when it comes to bursting, if you quick-cast that first t5 nuke, it then gives you more time to land a larger spell. Normally you can land a t5+t2, but if you insta-cast the t5, you can sneak in a t4, I have not been able to get 2 t5's in though

Cliche but its really situational for what content you are doing in SCH

You could easily setup a rule, ifbuffactive Immanance and spell Elemeental Magic then use this fastcast set, if its throwing your macro off

I agree that QC is definitely worth it, also you can land 2x T5s if you time it right.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-11-21 10:19:38
Link | Citer | R

So to clarify that FC set is built the way it is to cap Fastcast and maximize QC
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-11-21 10:30:04
Link | Citer | R

Lyramion said: »
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Yeah, only for the cast time but not recast time.

-Grimoire Spellcast time actually is better for Recast than FastCast as it counts for the full value and not only half.

There is a 25% cap on -Grimoire Spellcast, so using Feet and Hat will give you worse returns.

That'll teach me for assuming all spellcast- operates the same way
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-12-03 10:47:10
Link | Citer | R

finally finished off my enhancing duration set, looking to top-up my regen potency set.

Arbatel head+1
Bolebunga
Bookworm Cape
Telchine body/legs/feet/hands

Anythign else help this set?
 Bahamut.Neb
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2016-12-03 12:07:23
Link | Citer | R

finally finished off my enhancing duration set, looking to top-up my regen potency set.

Arbatel head+1
Bolebunga
Bookworm Cape
Telchine body/legs/feet/hands

Anythign else help this set?

Nope for Potency that is about it should be about 10 mins still with perp and 8-10 duration on all Telchine
By Antisense 2016-12-03 13:36:41
Link | Citer | R

If aiming for maximum Regen potency, Regen potency will be used on 4 out of 5 Telchine pieces (+12 max on 4 pieces), so enhancing magic duration and the Perpetuance bonus from Arbatel Bracers +1 are not accessible. (Duration or potency bonuses apply midcast.)

Then the max possible potency of Regen V will be 98 HP/tick with max possible duration of 360 seconds.

Regen V base: 40 HP
Arbatel Bonnet +1: +7 HP (Regen V)
Bolelabunga: +5 HP (Regen V)
Bookworm's Cape: +10 HP
Telchine Regen potency: +12 HP (+3 max on 4 pieces)
Light Arts bonus: +24 HP
Total: 40+7+5+10+12+24 = 98 HP

Duration:
Regen V base: 60 s
Light Arts bonus: 48 s
20/20 job points: 60 s
Telchine Chasuble: 12 s
Perpetuance bonus: 2x

Total: (60+48+60+12)*2 = 360 seconds (6 minutes)
 Bahamut.Littlemisdaisy
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Littlemisdaisy 2016-12-03 14:18:20
Link | Citer | R

Nice Math that would be an insance amount of Skirmish time or Gil to get all the DuskDims to have 2 perfect sets of Telchine though LOL
By mrlooolz 2016-12-05 03:21:16
Link | Citer | R

Hello, I am working on adding the final touches to my SCH sets.

I just wanted to double check.

I only have 1 Ambuscade cape int +30 / MAC/Mdmg +20/ Magic Atk Bn+10

I wont be making a FC since i can cap it with out. Do i need any other Ambuscade cape?

Also I currently am getting AF/Relic/EMP but I dont want to waste time gathering all. The 3 crucial pieces are Arabatel head.body,feet. Any others I am missing?

Thanks
 Odin.Lygre
Serveur: Odin
user: Dylaudid
By Odin.Lygre 2016-12-05 05:44:55
Link | Citer | R

I would say:
AF:
-Feet, Head, Legs
Relic:
-Body, Feet, Legs, (possibly hands)
Empy:
-Hands, Feet

Empy head gets destroyed by a good Merlinic hood (even the lowest tier of 'good'—and yeah i realize that's subjective, but you know it when you see it.)

As for cape, yeah I'd say as long as you can cap FC without then there's no real NEED for another cape. Can get crazy with some m.eva/myrkyr/MND potency based debuff capes or something I suppose if you're feeling extra frisky
[+]
By mrlooolz 2016-12-05 06:00:18
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Lygre said: »
I would say:
AF:
-Feet, Head, Legs
Relic:
Empy:
-Hands, Feet

Empy head gets destroyed by a good Merlinic hood (even the lowest tier of 'good'—and yeah i realize that's subjective, but you know it when you see it.)

As for cape, yeah I'd say as long as you can cap FC without then there's no real NEED for another cape. Can get crazy with some m.eva/myrkyr/MND potency based debuff capes or something I suppose if you're feeling extra frisky

Lygre Honestly you areone of the best people who helped get through SCH thank you so much exactly what i was looking for
 Asura.Taruranto
user: Tarlant
By Asura.Taruranto 2016-12-05 06:44:17
Link | Citer | R

Tracking down some MB equip, so far I got:
Locus ring
Mujin Band
Merlinic pants with +MB% DMG
Merlinic hat with +MB% DMG
Akedemos

For feet I'm using Jhakri, I'm going to assume Merlinic feets are better.
Amalric Gages vs Merlinic hands, not sure about these. Amalric for MB DMG II vs Merlinic normal MB bonus?
Merlinic body of course, tho' this seems a pain to get.
By Lyramion 2016-12-05 07:48:11
Link | Citer | R

You forgot the most core item: Mizukabe-no-Kabi 10%

Arbatel Loafers +1 with Klimaform will be better than any Merlinic for raw damage. So we usually spread out +MB out between Head, Legs and Body while using Amalric Hands for MBII. Mujin band is also MBII.

So a normal setup looks like:

- Akademos 10%
- Mizukabe 10%
- Spread around Merlinic Head/Body/Legs 10-20%
- Compensate for your bad Augment luck with Locus Ring and/or Static Earring 0-10%

= 40% Cap

+Amalric 5%II
+Mujin Band 5%II

Quote:
I would say:
AF:
-Feet, Head, Legs
Relic:
Empy:
-Hands, Feet

A more "core" list for the frugal SCH:

AF: Legs (20 Enhancing during Light Arts)
Relic: Legs (+30 Sec Tabula), Feet (Breaks FC cap with Alacrity to 90%)
Empy: Head (Regen Potency), Hands (Perpetuance), Feet (Klimaform nuking)

+Sublimation items need to be worn to be active and are mostly just a very niche set over the +Refresh Options we have nowadays.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-12-05 07:48:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Taruranto said: »
Locus ring
Mujin Band
Akedemos

Amalric Gages vs Merlinic hands, not sure about these. Amalric for MB DMG II vs Merlinic normal MB bonus?
The neck piece Mizu. Kubikazari and staff get you to 20% right away, after that you can mix/match merlinic/locus based on augments, you always want to MB in Amalric hands and Mujin (because they are MBD II) they break the 40% cap
 Asura.Taruranto
By Asura.Taruranto 2016-12-05 09:02:19
Link | Citer | R

Locus ring
Mujin Band
Akedemos

The neck piece Mizu. Kubikazari and staff get you to 20% right away, after that you can mix/match merlinic/locus based on augments, you always want to MB in Amalric hands and Mujin (because they are MBD II) they break the 40% cap

Oh yeah, Mizu. Kubikazari, actually already had that! Got Amalric hands abj just after making that post (I remembered Met shield being more annoying when I tried to solo it with my GEO last year, but it went surprisingly smooth), so that's taken care for.

I guess next step will be Merlinic feets or body. Gotta switch to Static Earring too. What's the setup for Maju these days?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-12-05 09:15:35
Link | Citer | R

Locus ring
Mujin Band
Akedemos

Oh yeah, Mizu. Kubikazari, actually already had that! Got Amalric hands abj just after making that post (I remembered Met shield being more annoying when I tried to solo it with my GEO last year, but it went surprisingly smooth), so that's taken care for.

I guess next step will be Merlinic feets or body. Gotta switch to Static Earring too.

Dont use Merlinic Feet if you don't need to. Emp Feet are better if you have Weather and Klimaform active. You can do...

Magic Burst Damage
Akademos - 10%
Mizu. Kubikazari - 10%
Locus Ring - 5%
Merlinic Body/Legs/Head to get the other 15% needed

Magic Burst Damage II
Amalric Gages
Mujin Band
 Valefor.Gorns
Serveur: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2016-12-05 10:25:41
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys,

What would be BIS for Nuke & MB between the following items:

Ammo:
Ghastly Tathlum : Magic Damage+10 INT+5
or
Pemphredo Tathlum : Macc+8 Mab+4 INT+4

Waist:
Channeler's Stones: INT+10
or
Othila Sash: MAB+6

And for the earrings, is there any situation where the use of Strophadic / Halasz (Magic critical hit rate +14% !) or Hecates (Crit. Hit +3%) is better than the usual combo Barkaro + Fromisi
(I dont mention the static since i reach the MB cap w/o it).

Many thanks for the feedback
 Asura.Taruranto
By Asura.Taruranto 2016-12-05 10:56:14
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Locus ring
Mujin Band
Akedemos

I guess next step will be Merlinic feets or body. Gotta switch to Static Earring too.

Dont use Merlinic Feet if you don't need to. Emp Feet are better if you have Weather and Klimaform active. You can do...

Magic Burst Damage
Akademos - 10%
Mizu. Kubikazari - 10%
Locus Ring - 5%
Merlinic Body/Legs/Head to get the other 15% needed

Magic Burst Damage II
Amalric Gages
Mujin Band

Oh yeah, missed the other message, looks like I'm capped then. Still need to get the pieces for other nuking jobs, tho'.
By Lyramion 2016-12-05 11:49:19
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Gorns said: »
Hey guys,

What would be BIS for Nuke & MB between the following items:

Ammo:
Pemphredo Tathlum : Macc+8 Mab+4 INT+4

Waist:
Othila Sash: MAB+6

Aim for http://www.ffxiah.com/item/26325/refoccilation-stone outside of Obi nuking.

Magical Crit works differently than Melee crit. It's way way worse. You don't ever have to bother with it anymore at this point of the game. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Magic_Critical_Hit
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-12-05 11:59:50
Link | Citer | R

here

Nuking
ItemSet 343188
By Lyramion 2016-12-05 12:02:50
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
here

Did you even read his question? D:
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-12-05 12:28:01
Link | Citer | R

it was 2 different people asking questions sorry thought it was the same person
[+]
 Asura.Taruranto
By Asura.Taruranto 2016-12-05 19:40:44
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of pure nuke power, Thrace strap vs Niopid strap, what's the verdict?
By Lyramion 2016-12-05 19:53:00
Link | Citer | R

Thrace strap is inferior by a good margin.
 Asura.Taruranto
By Asura.Taruranto 2016-12-05 20:38:58
Link | Citer | R

Alright, thanks. What's the login behind it, if you don't mind explaining?
 Valefor.Gorns
Serveur: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2016-12-06 02:18:47
Link | Citer | R

Many thanx guys !

Crystal clear :)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-06 03:09:56
Link | Citer | R

Is the difference so big? It shouldn't be so huge, altough I guess what one people define "good margin" might be "slightly better" for someone else, right?

Regardless, Thrace should be a nice choice for Helix I think.
 Asura.Taruranto
By Asura.Taruranto 2016-12-17 10:36:10
Link | Citer | R

Back with some questions:

1) AF1 Body, pants and feet worth reforging? I already reforged hat and hands, but not sure how they fare compared to my reisejima/escha stuff I have. For AF2, I reforged hands, body and feet. Missing pants (For Dark Magic) and for AF3 i reforged feet and I need to reforge hat and hands yet. Missing anything?

2) Does JP MBD bonus break the cap?
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54 55 ... 99 100 101