VIP
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-10-29 09:38:12
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Eightball said: »
very nice, enjoy the trials lol.
Easiest trials I ever did. Leaden is still a beast even when its level 75 :P Also got help from a friend using Leaden too. Waiting on one more rements permit so I can finish up.
By fillerbunny9 2017-10-29 10:14:08
Link | Citer | R

honestly, when it comes Mythic vs Relic Trials or Empyrean 'throw all your money away', I'll take Mythic any day. the only really shitty part is if you're an unfortunate soul stuck doing Arrapago. even building a trio of ZNM pops is less irritating than how many more Relic killshots you have to do, particularly in today's era of Home Point warps and Survival Guides.
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-10-29 16:26:39
Link | Citer | R

Death Penalty was the best decision I ever made in this game. I've built a lot of weapons, but this one remains my absolute favorite. Enjoy it, and best of luck.
[+]
By Afania 2017-10-30 00:51:24
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Death Penalty was the best decision I ever made in this game. I've built a lot of weapons, but this one remains my absolute favorite. Enjoy it, and best of luck.

Yes it's worth it .-.
By Boshi 2017-11-01 14:19:40
Link | Citer | R

You're not a taru?
 Asura.Sanosuke
Serveur: Asura
user: sanosuke9
By Asura.Sanosuke 2017-11-05 15:22:56
Link | Citer | R

So Raetic Kris is a lot of fun!

With a rdm refresh3,haste2 and brd doing HM,Ballad3&2, Min I was able to keep up with my 400mp in Reisenjima (From the testing that's been done so far that is 20% DA coming from this dagger)

I feel if you have a rdm and brd (providing the brd is nice enough to ballad you instead of min) then Hepatazion spara +1/Raetic Kris is the new way for me!

I would be interested in more testing to see if you don't have both rdm+brd to see if the decay rate still makes it a awesome slot as offhand.

Has anyone else done any testing on this? In none Escha zones I still have 285mp in my tp set so that's 14% DA (according to testing) and would be easier to maintain without rdm+brd as the decay rate would be slower
By geigei 2017-11-05 15:51:48
Link | Citer | R

No reason to use that over blurred.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-11-05 17:49:32
Link | Citer | R

so just to be clear in your setup with raetic dagger offhand, you are getting about the same DA + as fighters roll for alot more effort and only in offhand.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-05 18:06:53
Link | Citer | R

raetic weapons are like jailer weapons, though. blurred gets diminished due to additional QA, TA, and DA where raetic does not. so it isn't quite as simple as blurred > raetic for offhand. not to mention raetic is about 5-6 times cheaper, so more accessible for many players, but I don't disagree that blurred is better in any real situation.
By Afania 2017-11-05 19:00:27
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
raetic weapons are like jailer weapons, though. blurred gets diminished due to additional QA, TA, and DA where raetic does not. so it isn't quite as simple as blurred > raetic for offhand. not to mention raetic is about 5-6 times cheaper, so more accessible for many players

Raetic also has better accuracy and dmg taken-, which could be useful.

That being said, one of the main reason why blurred +1 is still my preferred offhand despite I also own Odium/sapara+1/raetic(all of them are pretty damn viable offhand) is because the amount of time I have to sit in max acc or pdt- hybrid set. As soon as I switch to these sets my multi attack % drops to lowest and OAT from blurred +1 become very valuable again. It also doesn't need rdm in pt nor taking a song slot away.

Not saying raetic isn't viable with certain setup. It's just not going to completely replace blurred +1 yet.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-05 19:02:25
Link | Citer | R

you can run it in this online to get an idea

https://repl.it/languages/python3
Code
from random import random
from math import floor

da = int(input("What is your DA? "))
ta = int(input("What is your TA? "))
qa = int(input("What is your QA? "))
oat = 50
mp = int(input("What is your MP? "))

def blurred(da, ta, qa, oat):
    hit = 0

for i in range(5000):
        if random() < qa / 100:
            hit += 3
        elif  random() < ta / 100:
            hit += 2
        elif random() < da / 100:
            hit += 1
        elif random() < oat / 100:
            hit += 1

return hit

def raetic(da, ta, qa, mp):
    hit = 0

for i in range(5000):
        if random() < qa / 100:
            hit += 3
        elif random() < ta / 100:
            hit += 2
        elif random() < da / 100:
            hit += 1

if random() < floor(mp * 0.05) / 100:
            hit += 1

return hit

print("Additional hits out of 5000 swings:")
print("Blurred:", blurred(da, ta, qa, oat))
print("Raetic:", raetic(da, ta, qa, mp))
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-05 19:06:07
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
raetic weapons are like jailer weapons, though. blurred gets diminished due to additional QA, TA, and DA where raetic does not. so it isn't quite as simple as blurred > raetic for offhand. not to mention raetic is about 5-6 times cheaper, so more accessible for many players

That being said, one of the main reason why blurred +1 is still my preferred offhand despite I also own Odium/sapara+1/raetic(all of hen are pretty damn viable offhand) is because the amount of time I have to sit in max acc or pdt- hybrid set. As soon as I switch to these sets my multi attack % drops to lowest and OAT from blurred +1 become very valuable again. It also doesn't need rdm in pt nor taking a song slot away.

Not saying raetic isn't viable with certain setup. It's just not going to completely replace blurred +1 yet.
I don't disagree, but raetic is a lot cheaper and potentially useful in situations with WAR zergs since they'll likely be using the great sword so the refresh options probably aren't completely unreasonable
By Afania 2017-11-05 19:13:03
Link | Citer | R

That being said, one of the main reason why blurred +1 is still my preferred offhand despite I also own Odium/sapara+1/raetic(all of hen are pretty damn viable offhand) is because the amount of time I have to sit in max acc or pdt- hybrid set. As soon as I switch to these sets my multi attack % drops to lowest and OAT from blurred +1 become very valuable again. It also doesn't need rdm in pt nor taking a song slot away.

I don't disagree, but raetic is a lot cheaper and potentially useful in situations with WAR zergs since they'll likely be using the great sword so the refresh options probably aren't completely unreasonable

The price tag of it isn't relevant to the discussion though, and my stance is the same as that drg thread drama. Raetic can cost 100 gil and I'm still not seeing myself offhanding it in 80% of situations. Even if blurred +1 cost 100m I would still grab 2 of them for situations that 2 are both needed. Just get them all, lol.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-05 19:15:37
Link | Citer | R

drg thread had nothing to do with cost, i don't disagree that blurred is the better weapon in almost every situation, but it does have situations where it is weaker compared to raetic, unlike trish/rho, where rho is never better.
By Afania 2017-11-05 19:28:53
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the code, btw. Quickly run some numbers. At 22% DA, 22% TA 5% QA, 500 mp, blurred still has more additional swings than raetic, had to push mp higher for raetic to tp faster.

Raetic has better white dmg and additional benefits mentioned above though.
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2017-11-09 00:47:37
Link | Citer | R

Just came back after ~3 month break, what kind of midshot sets people using now and days for formhault? tripleshot up/down?
By Afania 2017-11-09 02:32:54
Link | Citer | R

Asides from rune kris for attack capped + refreshed situations and mummu +2 body for those without nisroch I dont think much has changed in past 3 months.....IF rune kris latent effect works like other rune weapons that is.

With fomalhaut, stacking store tp is the best way to push ws and sc dmg higher since thats majority of fomalhaut dmg, so the key is just to stack as much stp as possible.

Fomalhaut + last stand triple shot up:
ItemSet 352484

Feel free to change Oshosi to hq if you have them.
Maybe change rings to chirich +1 if racc/attk/fstr all capped but sacrifice all the stats in ring slot for 1 stp hardly make a difference tbh.

If sam roll isn't up, use adhemar+1 hands ranged path instead.

Camulus mantle augments: AGI/racc/stp+10. Adhemar feet stp path.

Racc swap order:
Adhemar hands >Meg +2 head > Devastating bullet >Kwahu +1 > Meg feet +2 > Oshosi body > Haverton ring +1 > Hajduk +1 > AF+3 legs > AF+3 head > AF+3 body

If your rattk is capped and getting refresh, change mainhand to rune kris for additional stp +5 and agi +5....unless someone confirm it doesnt work that way.

If TS isn't up, change head to Meg +2, body to mummu +2(or nisroch if you have it), hands to adhemar (+1), legs to adhemar legs.

Its 90% still the same as 3 months before tbh.
[+]
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2017-11-09 17:45:14
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the update. I was hoping I missed something new. Hopefully relic+2 is interesting.
 Titan.Radd
Serveur: Titan
user: Radd
By Titan.Radd 2017-11-09 18:01:53
Link | Citer | R

Quick question, for augmenting a doomsday, would the STR/AGI be better than a overall weapon damage augment?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-11-09 18:06:19
Link | Citer | R

It depends on what you're using it for.
 Titan.Radd
Serveur: Titan
user: Radd
By Titan.Radd 2017-11-09 18:09:46
Link | Citer | R

So I'm assuming between elemental wses and Last Stand?

I'm aiming for elemental, but I wouldn't mind knowing both (or more) avenues.
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-11-10 22:08:29
Link | Citer | R

wanted to let you all know, the new dynamis is a cor paradise. pull things with blue eyes and the mobs it spawns will be weak to magic, i was blowing 60k salutes with geo NP, not even 3k tp.
[+]
By Afania 2017-11-11 00:07:13
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Eightball said: »
wanted to let you all know, the new dynamis is a cor paradise. pull things with blue eyes and the mobs it spawns will be weak to magic, i was blowing 60k salutes with geo NP, not even 3k tp.

Its also extremely safe/versatile with ranged attack. So yes to COR pt!
 Ragnarok.Camlann
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2017-11-11 04:16:00
Link | Citer | R

DP COR lfp dyna-d
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-11-11 07:47:37
Link | Citer | R

also perma double dark weather in there
[+]
By Afania 2017-11-11 17:27:08
Link | Citer | R

To those who bring cor to cor-namis new dynamis, whats everyones preferred DD style and battle strategies?

We had all DD cor pt and used mage buffs and salute all things. I feel there are lots of room for improvement when it comes to dmg.

1) I kinda full time hep. Rapier +1 + DP so I can spam salute for magic and change to savage blade when I occassionally need physical ws. But rapier +1 main hand doesnt beat blurred +1 for salute with super buffs on spreadsheet, nor its anywhere close to best combo for savage. So I feel its a mediocre choice thats somewhere in between and lowers dps a lot.

Im considering weapon swap based on statue eye color but unsure if thats more ideal with tp lose.

Another way is to full time blurred +1 x2 combo with fomalhaut and alternate last stand and salute with fomalhaut.

Whats everyones recommendation on weapon/ws choices? If you go with lots of physical melee I guess youll more likely to use physical ws more?

2) salute seems to get resist a lot on leaders, no idea why. Is it better to use physical ws? Once again I alternate between salute and savage blade with rapier +1 and it seems to resist less that way. Are there anyway to solve this issue? Will blurred +1 ×2 + fomalhaut combo better choice than dp on these nm too?

3) salute doesnt seem to work very well on mid boss, just wondering if anyone else find wf being the better choice.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-11-11 17:47:04
Link | Citer | R

Speaking on #3, Darkness was obliterating, so as Sam was just setting sc up for the pt in general and when Salute was connecting easily doing 60 with Darkness doing 99k
[+]
By Afania 2017-11-11 19:20:43
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Speaking on #3, Darkness was obliterating, so as Sam was just setting sc up for the pt in general and when Salute was connecting easily doing 60 with Darkness doing 99k

Was that on mid boss? Because our avg salute was less than 9k on that particular NM. Or are there some kind of mechanics involved to increase magic dmg taken?
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-11-11 19:44:22
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »

Was that on mid boss? Because our avg salute was less than 9k on that particular NM. Or are there some kind of mechanics involved to increase magic dmg taken?

Yes, Overseer's Tombstone, Frailty/Wilt, Gekko or Fudo > Leaden
Blu did Sweeping gauge, repeat all of the above once we determined Dark was doing better than light.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 144 145 146 ... 156 157 158