The Pirates' Lair: A Guide To Corsair

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 143 144 145 ... 156 157 158
By Afania 2017-10-18 01:06:59
Link | Citer | R

While we are on the topic of oct ambuscade and am3 crit builds, what's everyone's opinion on using a staff and grip for more crit?

ItemSet 353809

This set lose the ability to land qd and wf, nor ability to melee for am3 3000 tp, but it gained additional crit rate and dmg in both slots.

Idea for buffs in ambuscade: rogue, Sam, fury, frailty.

Body, legs and hand to TS gears if it's active.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-10-18 01:29:35
Link | Citer | R

I think jupiter's only affects the weapon itself... same for most/all weapons with +crit rate on them.
[+]
By Afania 2017-10-18 01:37:57
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
I think jupiter's only affects the weapon itself... same for most/all weapons with +crit rate on them.

Are there any links to the testing? I vaguely recalled RNGs used to use it for JR.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-10-18 01:42:18
Link | Citer | R

I'd have to go search for it, gimme a bit. I vaguely recall trying out jupiter's staff on rng waaaay back in the day and being very unimpressed by it but that was a long time ago, lol.

There's this thread which seems to imply it was pretty common knowledge at the time, the original testing might be hard to access, lol.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/archive/index.php/t-16174.html?s=51c20274b0db58176a2e41e9e393cc7b
By Afania 2017-10-18 02:04:29
Link | Citer | R

Some quick search on Google and bg I cant find any formal testing.

I guess I can test it when I have time, or if there's any volunteer....
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-10-18 02:15:31
Link | Citer | R

Jupiter's only affected itself, testing on it was done in like 07' maybe even earlier.

No idea where it was. But it's been common knowledge for a while, 15% is so much it really doesn't take many shots to see it's not working.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-10-18 02:43:52
Link | Citer | R

As I recall, all +critical hit rate weapons created before the level cap was lifted only affected themselves. I don't think there were any exceptions (and I know 100% Jupiter's wasn't one). This extended not only to just main hand weapons not affecting ranged attacks, but also offhand +critical hit rate not affecting the main hand. You're correct that there were Rangers that used to use it for Jishnu's, but they were idiots.
By Afania 2017-10-18 02:59:51
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
As I recall, all +critical hit rate weapons created before the level cap was lifted only affected themselves. I don't think there were any exceptions (and I know 100% Jupiter's wasn't one). This extended not only to just main hand weapons not affecting ranged attacks, but also offhand +critical hit rate not affecting the main hand. You're correct that there were Rangers that used to use it for Jishnu's, but they were idiots.

Does that mean fettering still works? What about brave grip?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-10-18 03:02:42
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
all +critical hit rate weapons created before the level cap was lifted

those work
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-10-18 03:11:46
Link | Citer | R

Are you sure? I'm pretty stuff like fettering and tanmogayi are also that hand only.
By Afania 2017-10-18 03:16:15
Link | Citer | R

Alternative MH slot that I can think of for ambuscade:

1) Gozuki mezuki to combo with brave grip for crit dmg, macc and str.
2) Terra staff to combo with brave grip for crit dmg and pdt-.
3) degen hq+NQ for quickly melee to 3000 tp and capping FC for shadows, also avoid losing tp due to /ra melee mode switch when TS isn't up.
4) Fettering + degen for best(or mediocre) of both worlds, assuming crit rate on Fettering works.

3) seems more practical than the other though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-10-18 14:42:55
Link | Citer | R

Mummu Jacket +2 isn't best in slot for ranged TP, but it's a highly competitive second option to Nisroch Jerkin, which might as well not exist. Mummu and Meghanada bodies are neck and neck based on whether or not you need the STP and if crit rate or crit damage are more attractive. I basically always go with Mummu due to Last Stand and Leaden scaling so hard with TP overflow.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shurakai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Shurakai
By Cerberus.Shurakai 2017-10-21 16:29:53
Link | Citer | R

So I started working on an Ataktos for my SB set, and got to the Anarchy +2 stage. I was quite surprised that Anarchy +2 already gives the TP Bonus. Does this bonus also work on melee WSs, and if so, is there any benefit in finishing the Ataktos if it's only going to be used for SB?
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-10-21 16:37:27
Link | Citer | R

There's really no difference. You could stop at the +2 stage if you wanted.
[+]
 Bahamut.Witchbane
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Witchbane
By Bahamut.Witchbane 2017-10-21 18:27:53
Link | Citer | R

Hey.
Thanks for creating this guide!

A lot of the other job guides include a section for AF, Relic, and Empy armor, where they list if each piece is Mandatory, Nice to Have, or Unimportant.

Would anyone be willing to go through those 3 armor sets and do that? Or point me to where in this long thread I can find that.

Thanks in Advance.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Serveur: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-10-21 18:58:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Witchbane said: »
Hey.

A lot of the other job guides include a section for AF, Relic, and Empy armor, where they list if each piece is Mandatory, Nice to Have, or Unimportant.

Would anyone be willing to go through those 3 armor sets and do that? Or point me to where in this long thread I can find that.

Thanks in Advance.

Assume all are at max level for the piece, so Af+3, relic 119, Emp 119
Af1: All but hands from 1st look, with set bonus and other items can make a cor a massive benefit for /ra and even DD should you go that route

Relic: all 5 pieces for the augmented /ja factor if nothing else.
With the hope in a Relic set upgrade from Omen or other event on the horizon I would get all 5 anyway 119 just in case.

Emp: Probably #1 is hands, but all 5 offer some benefit for rolls or shooting or Quick draw.
By Afania 2017-10-21 19:09:29
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shurakai said: »
So I started working on an Ataktos for my SB set, and got to the Anarchy +2 stage. I was quite surprised that Anarchy +2 already gives the TP Bonus. Does this bonus also work on melee WSs, and if so, is there any benefit in finishing the Ataktos if it's only going to be used for SB?

If I understand leaden formula correctly lv 99 one pumps out higher leaden because higher lv.

Also higher base dmg=higher quick draw.

Although most of the time you won't notice a difference for sb spamming.
[+]
By Afania 2017-10-21 19:20:31
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Bahamut.Witchbane said: »
Hey.

Thanks in Advance.

Assume all are at max level for the piece, so Af+3, relic 119, Emp 119
Af1: All but hands from 1st look, with set bonus and other items can make a cor a massive benefit for /ra and even DD should you go that route

Relic: all 5 pieces for the augmented /ja factor if nothing else.
With the hope in a Relic set upgrade from Omen or other event on the horizon I would get all 5 anyway 119 just in case.

Emp: Probably #1 is hands, but all 5 offer some benefit for rolls or shooting or Quick draw.

Af1+3:
Body: bis for ws, biggest improvement of all
Hands and feet: bis for macc set
Head: racc to pair with body
Legs: enmity- set or snap shot mix and match piece.

Relic 119
Outside of ja macro I can't think of anything that's currently bis

Empty 119
Body: still one of the best TS up ranged tp body especially with high number Sam roll. The only piece that's competitive is oshosi +1 with 10 more STP but 5% less TS.
Hands: For rolls
Legs: Highest STP piece in legs slot that I know of, bis for qd STP set, tp wing set, also not a bad choice for ranged attack IF you have capped attack, acc and using tp scale ws.
Feet: qd dmg boost for magic damage.
Head: Snapshot set mix and match piece.

In terms of priority I'd say
AF1+3: body >>>> whatever depending on what you do more.
Relic: head=legs>body>feet>Hands, priority goes to roll related macro piece.
Empy: body>feet>Hands>head>legs. But I guess you can do hands first if your group's strat needs longer rolls.

Feel free to change the priority depending on how you use or play COR.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-10-21 20:29:13
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Cerberus.Shurakai said: »

If I understand leaden formula correctly lv 99 one pumps out higher leaden because higher lv.

Also higher base dmg=higher quick draw.

Although most of the time you won't notice a difference for sb spamming.

Only weapon ilvl is used in the calculation of magical WS- so if it's a non-ilvl weapon, it'll only use your main job level.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-10-21 20:34:53
Link | Citer | R

Might as well just go all the way to 99.

You don't need kill shots for the last couple of trials... find some Apex Lizards/Plantoids, SAM roll/Miser's Roll, OAT weapons, put on YouTube/TV and spam Detonator (or some other WS w/ fast animation). You'll be done before you know it.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-10-21 20:42:22
Link | Citer | R

I would place the priority of getting it to 99 somewhere between "making sure your office drawer is stocked with a staple remover" and "reading the jokes on Laughy Taffy wrappers."
[+]
 Cerberus.Shurakai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Shurakai
By Cerberus.Shurakai 2017-10-22 08:21:47
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Might as well just go all the way to 99.

You don't need kill shots for the last couple of trials... find some Apex Lizards/Plantoids, SAM roll/Miser's Roll, OAT weapons, put on YouTube/TV and spam Detonator (or some other WS w/ fast animation). You'll be done before you know it.

Yeah, the killing blow trial was definitely the most annoying one, although I managed to do it quicker than expected on the Opo-opo / Yztarg camp in Escha Zi'tah. For the non killing blow ones (at least on undead) Last Stand seemed like the lowest animation lock, and was doing very little damage albeit enough to proc the trial.

I'll probably finish the gun eventually, since the last 2 trials are not too bad, but I still have a lot of other upgrades to get that are higher priority for me right now.

Thanks all for the input, I couldn't find much on these trials unfortunately, so it was really helpful. This thread has proven to be very helpful time and time again!
By Afania 2017-10-22 22:26:20
Link | Citer | R

Decided to pick up a raetic kris to play with evis build, based on spreadsheet results evis seem to beat swift blade and req as physical gravitation ws thanks to many new gears, such as mummu +2 set and new high DMG dagger.

This is the highest set that I can find so far. Back augment: DEX +30, attk/acc, crit +10%

ItemSet 353889

Edit: Raetic Kris main hand.
By Buuuram87 2017-10-28 10:00:13
Link | Citer | R

what augments should you focus on Camulus's Mantle for your first mantle ? :o
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-10-28 10:34:14
Link | Citer | R

It greatly depends on what you typically do with COR, and without knowing that no one can give a real answer. It would probably be between either AGI/racc/ratt/WSD or STR/acc/att/WSD though.
By Boshi 2017-10-28 11:20:46
Link | Citer | R

Decided to pick up a raetic kris to play with evis build, based on spreadsheet results evis seem to beat swift blade and req as physical gravitation ws thanks to many new gears, such as mummu +2 set and new high DMG dagger.

This is the highest set that I can find so far. Back augment: DEX +30, attk/acc, crit +10%

ItemSet 353889

ItemSet 353889

quick question does this account for critrate+4% you'd get from set bonus of adhemar+1 head+hands if you swapped adh hands in?

Also the legs are solid but you can make a herc legs with dex that can beat them decently easy. It's worth mentioning just because a lot of people probably have them from BLU ***.
By Afania 2017-10-28 14:08:34
Link | Citer | R

Current version of spreadsheet has set bouns section which adds 4 crit rates if you use 2 HQ.

You are right about legs, darraigners doesn't have Dex, so ideally you want dex/crit dmg herc legs.

Currently I have evis avg 14k+ on spreadsheet. Still lower than last stand and way lower than savage blade (27-28k), but higher than swift (12k), although I probably just need a better swift blade set since I didn't go for str/DA herc augment either.

I'm actually considering switching weapons for 4 step with thf. So instead of doing savage > rudra > swift > rudra double dark maybe savage (weapon switch) > rudra > evis > rudra is better? That would be a few extra thousands darkness SC, I just don't know how well it connects with tp lose. But since swift blade doesn't scale with tp the entire chain dmg should increase as long as it connects.

This this month's vol1 VD ambu doesn't favor multi step sc I can't test this config. Hell it doesn't even favor COR with all that white damage inflation and ws dmg capping...
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Serveur: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-10-28 18:45:55
Link | Citer | R

Never thought I'd make a second mythic if you asked me after the first but it had to be done. New COR toy.

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 143 144 145 ... 156 157 158