Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-04-30 09:37:02
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
trash content personally

Unless there is SV on and you have like 300 excess ACC for current content.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Serveur: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-04-30 10:43:18
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Quote:
trash content personally

Doesn't happen as easy on COR and why isn't your BRD changing songs for the other DDs at that point?
By Afania 2017-04-30 11:37:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Quote:
trash content personally

Doesn't happen as easy on COR and why isn't your BRD changing songs for the other DDs at that point?

If your brd sv your geo probably bolster too, in that case attack song becomes useless with idris fury/frailty and to my knowledge there are no other DD songs to sing.

Looking at BRD SV song potency and vorseal/food, looks like it's possible to hit 1400~1500 acc with buffs in escha.
By Afania 2017-05-07 10:57:39
Link | Citer | R

Wasn't there some kind of Spreadsheet error that made Arma look a lot better than it actually was?

Hades.Dade said: »
That's kind of my concern is its spreadsheet good and not in game good. I kind of look at Emp AM suspect since most dmg in ffxi is pushed to weaponskill/skillchain.

Kinda late reply, but for those who wonder about old Fomalhaut v.s Armageddon debate, here are the parse data that I have.

Math:
Assuming an NM takes 20 ws to kill, start with 1 WS and have 4 hit with sam roll, that's 57 shots total.

Fomalhaut:
At 6% crit-hit rate 3 shots would crit, total white dmg:
3 x 795 = 2,385
54 x 584 = 31,536
Total white dmg: 33,921

Total WS dmg:
20 x 6806 = 136,120

Total dmg: 170,041
Assuming 30% of dmg came from SC, SC dmg: 51,012

Total dmg including SC: 221,053

Armageddon:
At 32% crit-hit rate, 18 shots crit. Total white dmg:
18 x 1536 = 27,648
39 x 1000= 39,000

Total white dmg: 66,648

Total WS dmg:
20 x 5963 = 119,260

Total dmg: 186,268 (10% more dps than Fomalhaut)

It seems like it's close to what we see on spreadsheet, without considering SC dmg and dps lose from AM3 activation, Arma seems to have higher dps.

That being said, I've also noticed Arma's ws/white dmg ratio was different from high buff situations, maybe it has something to do with ws dmg dropped way too much without attack buffs.

Either way, my opinion is, if you fulfill the following condition, arma is a better choice:

1) Start with 3000 tp.
2) Fight ends before AM3 drop.
3) You need a little bit of racc to cap.
4) SC dmg isn't relevant, or you'd like to avoid SC at all cost.

Since the above situations are very, very niche, IMHO Fomalhaut is a better choice 90% of time. Since I probably *** up somewhere with math like usual, any feedback or thoughts are welcomed.
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2017-05-10 11:48:34
Link | Citer | R

Hey thanks, sorry I missed that. I decided to go ahead and make it anyways.

So, for the new set the body is amazing, feet look good for arma crit build, and rest is pretty much just when Tripleshot is up?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-05-14 10:44:10
Link | Citer | R

Since we got a new fun set I want to confirm WHERE exactly the TripleShot gear has to be worn to enhance your rate.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-05-14 11:07:25
Link | Citer | R

Since we got a new fun set I want to confirm WHERE exactly the TripleShot gear has to be worn to enhance your rate.

It has to be worn at the time you pull the trigger
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-05-14 11:09:01
Link | Citer | R

"Pull the trigger" means precast.RA or midcast.RA?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-05-14 11:14:17
Link | Citer | R

"Pull the trigger" means precast.RA or midcast.RA?

during midcast
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-05-14 12:00:32
Link | Citer | R

Anyone has an example .lua that does this?
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-05-14 12:20:38
Link | Citer | R

function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
if spell.action_type == 'Ranged Attack' and buffactive['Triple Shot'] then
equip(sets.TripleShot)

so ?
By Afania 2017-05-14 13:39:02
Link | Citer | R

You didn't equip empy body for triple shot TP!! /slap :< ;<
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2017-05-14 13:42:15
Link | Citer | R

Here. Arislan has added it to his lua. Thats for mote, for non mote just make a midcast set when tripleshot is up you wear for midshot. Same conditional will work
By Afania 2017-05-14 14:12:16
Link | Citer | R

Hey thanks, sorry I missed that. I decided to go ahead and make it anyways.

So, for the new set the body is amazing, feet look good for arma crit build, and rest is pretty much just when Tripleshot is up?

Why does everyone keep saying it's amazing @.@ am I missing anything? Looking at the stat, on my spreadsheet it doesn't beat other options without triple shot in attack uncapped situations, unsure if it beats empy body with triple shot up. And that's using HQ stat.

Anyone else got different result? Or do they give double and triple shot without JA up?

I can see it being the best tp option in some situations but I'm not sure if it's by all end all BiS.

Triple shot aside, entire set has massive meva for defensive needs, and feet has massive enmity- for situations that enmity is an issue, makes capping enmity- much easier.

I kinda have mixed feeling about all these gear variety recently. One set of gear that's only good for triple shot up, on the same time it doesn't really replace any of the old gears, maybe except a few mummu +1 pieces. I love gear variety, but it seems the amount of inv required to perfect a job is now pretty insane and it's slowly climbing towards 250-300 range. That being said, most if not all the content can be cleared on jobs that's not anywhere close to max, and gear requirements to clear contents are quite low, so I actually like this way that SE is giving options for people just want to collect gears, but it's not an requirement to do the content or anything.

New food is also worth mentioning btw, racc, Acc and macc all in one package, looks like it's made for COR magical ws spamming, lol.

Speaking of which, is it possible to add a triple shot % in spreadsheet?
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2017-05-14 14:41:50
Link | Citer | R

Nisroch Jerkin is much better but omen body drop rates are brutal. Its an upgrade any set still wearing Pursuer's doublet and don't need the acc/atk of AF+3? Could see Mummu+2 being better when it comes out.
By Afania 2017-05-14 14:59:56
Link | Citer | R

Nisroch Jerkin is much better but omen body drop rates are brutal. Its an upgrade any set still wearing Pursuer's doublet and don't need the acc/atk of AF+3? Could see Mummu+2 being better when it comes out.

Theres also Meghanada+2, with more ra DPS from crit dmg and rattk, but less stp. On my spreadsheet it's few DPS ahead with uncapped attack and SAM roll.

If you are using wildfire then the value of stp diminishes further once you reached X hit without it.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2017-05-14 15:29:28
Link | Citer | R

Fair enough, may have jumped on new gear hype train. Has there been a new spreadsheet or is late jan one most up to date? Thought it had some errors in it?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-05-14 23:06:20
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
You didn't equip empy body for triple shot TP!! /slap :< ;<

I thought my .lua was doing it! GUESS NOT.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-05-15 03:41:05
Link | Citer | R

I would like to just say ty SE for adding a ***ton of Triple Attack ranged gear cause that ***is SO MUCH FUN to add to the spreadsheet and now I need testing for + damage effect too grr

Awesome gear in theory imo just blah to have to add to the spreadsheet

Anyone have some of it yet? None selling on a Asura that I have seen yet. So need someone to help test it out.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-05-15 11:02:20
Link | Citer | R

I'm 5/5 on the set at the moment. AH is empty but having some friend crafters around helps.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-15 11:04:47
Link | Citer | R

I'm 5/5 on the set at the moment. AH is empty but having some friend crafters around helps.

Does it work just like the Empy body and only during JA? I'm betting so, but if not, the value of the set just increased by a metric ***.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-05-15 11:32:57
Link | Citer | R

Only during JA looks like
[+]
 Lakshmi.Veika
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Veikuri
By Lakshmi.Veika 2017-05-16 15:28:00
Link | Citer | R

Is the guide on the first post still relevant?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-05-16 15:35:07
Link | Citer | R

Mostly yes. I mean you can tell from looking at it that it includes gear that was released relatively recently, lol
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-05-16 16:09:27
Link | Citer | R

Detailed Snapshot/Flurry breakdown I posted few pages back:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31312/the-pirates-lair-a-guide-to-corsair/129/#3229681

Alternatively get an economy set:

ItemSet 351002

Alternatives:
Aurore Beret +1
Adhemar Kecks
Nahtirah Trousers
Meg. Jam +1
 Lakshmi.Veika
By Lakshmi.Veika 2017-05-16 17:26:11
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Mostly yes. I mean you can tell from looking at it that it includes gear that was released relatively recently, lol

I just started back 2 days ago, so I have no idea what's new or old.

edit: As a new COR who has just about 0 gear for the job. What should I focus on first?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-16 17:40:23
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Veika said: »

edit: As a new COR who has just about 0 gear for the job. What should I focus on first?

If you're absolutely brand new work on: Melee set > MAB gear > racc/LS set > snapshot > savage blade/last stand/leaden fine-tuning.

If you have a viable job already the Meghenada set can give you a baseline for all of that but snapshot/MAB, so I'd try to find herculean gear to augment for MAB/WSD.
 Lakshmi.Veika
By Lakshmi.Veika 2017-05-16 17:54:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

If you're absolutely brand new work on: Melee set > MAB gear > racc/LS set > snapshot > savage blade/last stand/leaden fine-tuning.

If you have a viable job already the Meghenada set can give you a baseline for all of that but snapshot/MAB, so I'd try to find herculean gear to augment for MAB/WSD.

I have a somewhat decently equipped THF and 3 song BRD no REM on either, so I could use that to farm and possibly get into events. I just have no gear for COR.
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-05-16 18:08:31
Link | Citer | R

1) Roll duration/potency set: 9min+ duration, Barataria ring, at least,
2) JA/Roll-enhancement JSE: Lanun and Chasseur's sets,
3) Chasseur's Bottes!!!
4) -DT set: don't be that COR who can't stay alive while re-rolling mid-fight,

Don't even bother working on DD sets before you have the above filled out. I can't tell you how much it drives me up the wall to see *** CORs who had the time to get a Death Penalty show up to events with 7-min rolls or less and/or die the second they run in to try to re-roll. It's unconscionable.

After that, whether you focus on melee/WS or ranged/WS sets will entirely depend on how your LS/friends approach battles. If they like to employ RNGs, build out your snap/ranged tp/last stand sets. If they like to melee things and don't mind you contributing in-close, work on melee tp/savage/requiescat sets. Leaden is something you'll want to gear for either way.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-16 19:24:30
Link | Citer | R

Roll potency is without question goal #1. But duration I don't think is super necessary. How many fights last 8min for the duration to be wearing just at the end of it? Not many. Duration is mostly a quality of life for the corsair effect.
First Page 2 3 ... 133 134 135 ... 156 157 158