Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 499 500 501 ... 831 832 833
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-19 17:10:04
Link | Citer | R

Always under the assumption it will had a max of 5, Got a few with same stat twice over, like acc att acc att and Mab Mab so until we have enough tries wont know what is cap
By fillerbunny9 2017-08-20 18:57:12
Link | Citer | R

I know that at some point in the past year or so that they increase Guild Point caps and acquisition, but is this somehow tied to main level, RoV completion, etc? was it only the total cap for the day that was increased and points remained the same and I am just remembering things wrong from when I dragged my Alchemy mule up? I feel like 1280 points for Raptor Mantle seems low with a cap of 15,120 for the day.

maybe I am just wrong and it's been too long since I really had to suffer all this.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-08-20 19:11:27
Link | Citer | R

Caps were tripled, points per item were not changed for the most part. A few items had points in excess of the daily cap, so now need less than 3.
By zaxtiss 2017-08-21 15:16:57
Link | Citer | R

anyone know the range on self-destruct? the one on the UNM?
By silvanesti 2017-08-22 19:16:58
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know when the last time that full body chocobo suit was in the log in campaign? I've seen a couple around and I want one!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By silvanesti 2017-08-22 21:56:56
Link | Citer | R

Ah ok cheers!
By Azurea 2017-08-23 21:01:04
Link | Citer | R

Someone told me a while back they made a change with crafting that you can skill up while being so many levels over the cap of the synth. How many levels over before you no longer receive skillups?

Also, is it still better to target things 5 or so levels higher than your crafting skill for optimal skillups?

Oh, and with current crafting cap of 110, what is sub craft cap these days? It has been a long time since I've crafted. Thanks!
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-23 21:05:18
Link | Citer | R

Azurea said: »
Someone told me a while back they made a change with crafting that you can skill up while being so many levels over the cap of the synth. How many levels over before you no longer receive skillups?

Also, is it still better to target things 5 or so levels higher than your crafting skill for optimal skillups?

5-7 is still the sweet spot I found and you can get skill up to 11 above a synths level.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-23 21:18:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Vedder said: »

5-7 is still the sweet spot I found and you can get skill up to 11 above a synths level.

just a quick addon- yes 5-7 might be the sweet spot, but remember that more than 5 and you can't get skillups off of breaks. Something to consider on the more expensive/rare mat skillup synths.
[+]
By Azurea 2017-08-24 19:59:29
Link | Citer | R

Is there a Windower command to disable/enable controller to work when the window isn't in focus? I know it's an option in the launcher, but there are times I'd like to switch back and forth without reloading the game. Thanks!
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-24 20:35:32
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Always under the assumption it will had a max of 5, Got a few with same stat twice over, like acc att acc att and Mab Mab so until we have enough tries wont know what is cap

Recently looked at the bgwiki and looks like it was updated (mentions stp6 cap twice but meh lol) since I last looked and all the infos there for reg stones. Interested in what DM Augs ppl have seen on weapons.
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2017-08-25 11:45:53
Link | Citer | R

Do items that I purchase with hallmarks, such as A. Token: Hands need to be used in the month that I buy them, or can I save them to trade in a later month?
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-08-25 12:25:16
Link | Citer | R

You can hold them as long as you want (unless SE decides to remove the NPC which is very unlikely)
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2017-08-25 13:01:55
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spynx said: »
You can hold them as long as you want (unless SE decides to remove the NPC which is very unlikely)

Awesome, thanks!
By Azurea 2017-09-02 00:15:50
Link | Citer | R

Looking for opinions on the best Meeble Burrows section to farm solo for points (Sauromugue). Thanks!
By geigei 2017-09-02 01:32:07
Link | Citer | R

Looking for opinions on the best Meeble Burrows section to farm solo for points (Sauromugue). Thanks!
Researcher #4, small map, drag stones to meebles > ga them, 2min tops.
[+]
By Azurea 2017-09-02 02:20:39
Link | Citer | R

Excellent! Thank you!
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2017-09-02 11:23:09
Link | Citer | R

Have all the NMs required for building empyrean weapons had their respawn timer lowered - aside from VwNMs? I've only observed NMs from vanilla FFXI respawn quickly.
 Shiva.Znitch
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2017-09-02 13:19:13
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta said: »
Have all the NMs required for building empyrean weapons had their respawn timer lowered - aside from VwNMs? I've only observed NMs from vanilla FFXI respawn quickly.

It's only the original area ones, NMs like Bugbear Strongman (Promathia zone) still take forever.

November 2013 Update
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-09-02 14:52:14
Link | Citer | R

Always wondered this, but what causes the names to be sorted the way they are in linkshells?
 Shiva.Berzerk
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2017-09-02 16:59:46
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Always wondered this, but what causes the names to be sorted the way they are in linkshells?

The age of the character on the server afaik, oldest at the top
By BlaTheTaru 2017-09-02 17:15:45
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Berzerk said: »

No, that can't be right. My new character is higher than someone's character that has been around since the start.
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2017-09-02 19:55:47
Link | Citer | R

Any good suggestions for someone solo with trusts to grind out some Job Points? Due to some ongoing commitments I get pulled away at some random times. Thanks!
 Shiva.Berzerk
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2017-09-02 20:09:17
Link | Citer | R

BlaTheTaru said: »

No, that can't be right. My new character is higher than someone's character that has been around since the start.

Maybe server hopping resets? Not really sure just the reason I've heard and it matches in my ls
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-09-03 07:34:43
Link | Citer | R

BlaTheTaru said: »

Maybe server hopping resets? Not really sure just the reason I've heard and it matches in my ls

I would wager it orders by current login, but never studied it. Now I'm curious!
 Leviathan.Vow
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2017-09-03 09:19:54
Link | Citer | R

I think it's sorted by ID now. At least, I never found an instance where it wasn't in the few cases I checked.

Server ID isn't a very reliable indication of character age, as they seem to be reassigned when people transfer and, I think, occasionally recycled. I don't know the mechanics of it.

You can check by spamming
Code
windower.ffxi.get_mob_by_name(<character name>).id
in eval for each character in your linkshell, but you must be in the same zone and somewhere near them.
[+]
By aeonova 2017-09-08 08:28:54
Link | Citer | R

If I'm going for Legend in the coalitions, do I need to use imprimaturs one-by-one or is using three at a time okay? I'm getting mixed answers. Someone said if I was going for the +1 ring, doing one-by-one will save me time in the end. Any help here would be swell. Thanks in advance.
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-09-08 08:53:48
Link | Citer | R

If you are going for ring, you will need to clear every single assignment (except 'Base provisions' as those are not possible once the outpost is built) while idris/epo simply requires spending 20 imprimaturs on assignments of your current or previous ranking until you reach the legend rank. Spending 3 imprimaturs on each assignment makes rank up faster and, if you are going for ring, just try to cover all the available one for each rank (you can do 7 different assigments for each rankup so you can spend 3 and still do ring+ergon at the same time)
[+]
By aeonova 2017-09-08 09:30:36
Link | Citer | R

Perfect. That's just what I wanted to know. I was going to do each of them once and then repeat the easy one in a rank for rank up.
First Page 2 3 ... 499 500 501 ... 831 832 833